TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

1/16 SWF Storm HOLT Report

Eh, screw it; I'm tired of waiting for the US Title match, so you guys get no pub... :P

===============

SWF Smarkdown HOLT report

January 16, 2004

Miami, Florida at American Airlines Arena

Report by Arthur Davis of Orlando, FL Smartmarks.com reader

Dark Matches:

- Aecas beats JT Playa by submission in 0:06 with a dirty look; I wasn’t sure, but I think Playa may have actually pissed himself!

- CIA beat English Dragon in 4:14 with the Via Rail.

- Ced Ordonez beats Xcalibur in 6:50 with Cross Lightning. Ced had some obvious ring rust in this match.

- Todd Royal and Landon Maddix upset Déjà Vu in 9:22 when Royal made Kross submit to the Wrath of Todd.

- Ann Onita beat Arianwyn Rivenstone by submission in 4:45 with what was described as a Greco-Roman step-over muff-lock. The rest of the crowd was really into this match, but I’m not sure why. But then, I’m not sure how that ‘muff-lock’ would beat anybody, but damn if Rivenstone wasn’t screaming for all she was worth…

- Tom Flesher beat Stryke in 11:31 with Ego Buster.

Storm:

- Gloria Estefan performed the National Anthem. I came down from Orlando to see this match, and I gotta tell you, she’s big in Miami.

- Funyon got into the ring after the US Title match and recognized SWF Legend Longdogger Pete as being in attendance. He stood up and accepted a standing ovation. It was kind of funny, because Ricky Williams of the Miami Dolphins was sitting right next to him, and Funyon didn’t even mention it!

- Wild and Dangerous celebrated their win at ringside with a couple of people who looked like they were probably Wildchild’s parents.

- After Storm went off the air, Funyon got back in the ring and told us that we were all in for a special treat tonight. He told us that tonight was Ejiro’s last night in the SWF as he was leaving to pursue his rock and roll career (which got a surprisingly loud cheer!). As a reward for how much Ejiro has accomplished, Justice and Rule had been awarded a rematch against Wild and Dangerous for the Tag Team Titles! If Justice and Rule win the belts back they will be listed as Undefeated Tag Team Champions, and the titles will then be vacated. He also let us know afterwards that this match would only be seen on the soon to be released “Justice and Rule: Here Comes The Law!” DVD.

Justice and Rule come out much to the dismay of the audience, and then Wild and Dangerous come out to a huge pop. You’ll have to look real close when this DVD comes out because I think Johnny almost tripped coming out to the stage. I’m not going to even try and transcribe everything that happened in this match, you’ll just have to go get the DVD, but I’ll tell you this much, the crowd was absolutely hot!

In the end, Judge goes for a Super Kick to Johnny Dangerous but Johnny ducks, and Ejiro is nailed instead. The look on Judge’s face when he hit Ejiro was worth the price of the ticket alone. Wild and Dangerous finally wrap this one up with a Dangerous Drop, and Wildchild makes the pin.

After Wild and Dangerous leave the ring, Ejiro comes back in. I don’t think he had any idea what happened! LOL! Judge gets mad at him for not coming in and saving him, and ACTUALLY slaps Ejiro across the face! Ejiro turns to leave the ring, but Judge grabs him by the arm and spins him around to start screaming some more! After a minute Ejiro finally gets mad and shoves Judge back, and the crowds went bonkers! Ejiro and Judge trade licks for a few seconds before Judge finally gets the better of him, and pins Ejiro down in the corner with I SWEAR it was at least fifty stomps to the chest!

I almost shat a brick when Wildchild and Johnny come racing back down to the ring, and take Judge down. They get about two hits in each before Judge makes bail and leaves the ring with his tail tucked between his legs! Ejiro is about to leave the ring as Wild and Dangerous celebrate, but Wildchild stops him, inviting him back into the ring, and extending his hand. Ejiro looked at him skeptically for a few seconds, and finally accepted his hand, and the crowd went berserk as these two perennial rivals buried the hatchet in the middle of the ring. Wild and Dangerous actually allowed Ejiro to leave the ring last, and he went to the back with the entire arena chanting his name.

Biggest Pops

1) Wild And Dangerous

2) Danny Williams

3) Ejiro Fasaki (off the air)

4) Longdogger Pete

5) Linchpin

Most Heat

1) Michael Craven

2) Judge Hearford

3) James Matheson

4) Va’aiga

5) Charlie Matthews

- Aecas beats JT Playa by submission in 0:06 with a dirty look; I wasn’t sure, but I think Playa may have actually pissed himself!

This made me snicker...

- Ann Onita beat Arianwyn Rivenstone by submission in 4:45 with what was described as a Greco-Roman step-over muff-lock. The rest of the crowd was really into this match, but I’m not sure why. But then, I’m not sure how that ‘muff-lock’ would beat anybody, but damn if Rivenstone wasn’t screaming for all she was worth…

But THIS made me cack myself laughing. Fucking hilarious! (Y)

Guest ToddRoyal

I like it. I get put over (albeit in dark matches) so that's always good. Plus, the offcamera stuff is usually great.