TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

MLW falsely advertising Raven + Sabu for 2/14?

As I've been saying, this company is a joke and will only be around as long as Court Bauer's father wants to give away money. This is something MLW has always done, offer to pay megabucks more to talent to get them to come to their show as opposed to the one they are originally booked too. Also, MLW has threatened to drop some of the younger talent in the past (Dutt in particular I think) if they took local IPW bookings the next night after a MLW show. They never did anything to stop the more vetern talent to do so, as the would give up the INSANE payday if it meant being bossed around by some second rate promotor about where they are and aren't allowed to work.

The shows aren't even THAT good most of the time considering all the talent on them, but thats a completely different can of worms.

Guest Markingout
As I've been saying, this company is a joke and will only be around as long as Court Bauer's father wants to give away money. This is something MLW has always done, offer to pay megabucks more to talent to get them to come to their show as opposed to the one they are originally booked too. Also, MLW has threatened to drop some of the younger talent in the past (Dutt in particular I think) if they took local IPW bookings the next night after a MLW show. They never did anything to stop the more vetern talent to do so, as the would give up the INSANE payday if it meant being bossed around by some second rate promotor about where they are and aren't allowed to work.

The funny thing is that Ron worked MLW with the Shanes! Niemi went for the money just like those wrestlers that were offered "Extreme Payday". Who wouldnt. Also with MLW's new roster alot of money isnt being shelled out on shows because there arent that many legends anymore. Just young blood talent mostly. Hopefully now that they start clipping matches on Underground TV and start selling tapes they will gain some revenue. I dont know why you want them too fail. They are the only big company in FL and you want too see them go just because you seem too be very loyal too Joe Price... Why cant it just all be love :P

Guest Markingout

I could be your source I saw MLW Underground TV this Friday and they did say Raven and Sabu. I belive.

Guest avatarsnow

i am the last person who will EVER DEFEND mlw or court bauer.. hell i cant even post on their boards anymore because i dared to say something negative about the golden gopher of mlw..... chasyn rance...... granted i did say that not only could he not work his way out of a hefty bag , but you could fit him inside one of the tall kitchen variety of said bags and still have room for last nights uneaten leftovers......but i digress...... look at who is being advertised twice.. granted i have not heard many bad stories from promoters about raven, but SABU????? come on people...this guys has the WORST track record of double bookings in HISTORY.... anyone remember what brought the steiner brothers to ecw back in the day????? anyone remember the entire ecw arena screaming fuck sabu because he blew off what was then the biggest show in company history because he double booked himself that weekend... he blew off a show here in florida for ipw because he double booked himself then a year and a half ago as well... this guy is ALWAYS doing shit like that and i bet its more of the same right here... whoever is paying him more....sorry mr goodman and usa pro...is the show hell show up at ...bank on it

Guest ToddRoyal
I could be your source I saw MLW Underground TV this Friday and they did say Raven and Sabu. I belive.

I think Zack was referencing the Becky Bayless thread. Eh, she could have been a ring rat, but I don't care. She's still insanely cute, and the Hussman is a lucky guy.

Oh, and the only reason MLW is even running is because of deep pockets. If Bauer didn't have the money to lure these guys away from IPW, USAPro, JAPW and others no one would work for him. I wish more guys would choose ROH and USAPro bookings over MLW, because Bauer seems like a complete ass, but as long as he's got the cash, he'll be booking talent, and doing whatever he wants. Sigh.

Yeah, I did mean Becky. She's cute (not uber hot, but cute) and some nice floppy's on her for sure. I'm intrigued to hear these stories of her though, she didn't strike me as the type.

because Bauer seems like a complete ass

I hate to go on a rant here, but you don't know the guy. It very well may be just an act, trying to act nice, but on the MLW board, he was as cordial as could be. I posted a photo of the one of the Samoan family members asking which one it was, and he told me no problem, and even wished me a happy holiday and told me to call him Court, instead of Mr. Bauer. Again, he may just want to act all nice to make MLW look fan friendly, and that very well may be the case, but you don't know if he's a moron until you met him.

From what I've heard, Corino praises Bauer in his most recent RF shoot. That very well may be b/c he's getting paid by him and is his champ, but still...Bauer seems like a nice guy. It's like Rob Black...everyone bitches about him, but everyone who's met him say he's nice as can be, and once you get past the fact that his image is intimidating, he's a really cool guy who just so happens to have sick ass hobbies as a second job. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, since I'm planning on calling Kevin Kleinrock at the offices to see if Black will contribute to my XPW retrospective, but from all indications, Black, Bauer, and a lot of other promoters sound pretty cool, and just get a lot of shit. I know I just focused on that one phrase you said, but it ticked me off when I read it.

Guest ToddRoyal

No, I don't know him. Which is why I said he SOUNDS LIKE a complete ass, not he IS a complete ass.

I mean he could be the nicest guy in the world, but in his short time as a promoter, he seems to have amassed a good track record of scummy promotional tactics.

Advertising Sabu and Raven with no intention of them appearing is just part of a list that includes: threatening to blacklist wrestlers who work for other feds near or in competition with MLW; intentionally programming the MLW "comeback shows" against already announced Ring of Honor, JAPW and USAPro shows; giving next-to-no notice when cancelling the last "pre-relaunch" shows and leaving people with tickets standing outside an empty area; and stealing talent from ROH, JAPW, USAPro and other feds by offering more money and forcing them to choose between working MLW then, or honoring their previous bookings and never working for MLW again.

THAT sounds like an ass to me. Maybe he's the kindest, gentlest guy in the world. Maybe he's just getting bad business advice. Maybe he's just TOO enthusiastic about promoting wrestling. I dunno. I've never met the guy.

But from what I've heard. That sounds like a pretty scummy track record.

Guest Markingout
threatening to blacklist wrestlers who work for other feds near or in competition with MLW;

Actually thats smart... Scummy,but smart. It just makes MLW seem like too see Sonjay Dutt you have too go too MLW. Its like a verbal contract.

Guest ToddRoyal

Yeah, sure. I understand that, but it's NOT a verbal contract as far as Sonjay's wallet is concerned, and that IPW show is just another payoff he won't be able to get.

Guest Markingout
Yeah, sure. I understand that, but it's NOT a verbal contract as far as Sonjay's wallet is concerned, and that IPW show is just another payoff he won't be able to get.

I am sure he will make it up in MLW :P

It's absolutely bullshit that an indy guy trying to make a living would be denied doing so with threats of not being booked ever again by the company that pays him the best. It puts him in a no-win situation and does not give the impression that he is under some sort of contract as he could wrestle anywhere else just not in IPW which was then not exactly the biggest supporter of "Money Mark" Bauer and his promotion, especially after asanine potshot comments Bauer made in a MLW.com interview about IPW...But I digress.

Guest Markingout
It's absolutely bullshit that an indy guy trying to make a living would be denied doing so with threats of not being booked ever again by the company that pays him the best. It puts him in a no-win situation and does not give the impression that he is under some sort of contract as he could wrestle anywhere else just not in IPW which was then not exactly the biggest supporter of "Money Mark" Bauer and his promotion, especially after asanine potshot comments Bauer made in a MLW.com interview about IPW...But I digress.

I said it before,and I will say it again. Lets say Sonjay is your favorite wrestler or whatever,and MLW is in town. He is advirtised on IPW and MLW. Now does that make MLW any different from IPW? They both have Sonjay. It does not make them special anymore. IPW was competion so you want too destroy any competion. Also Niemi also started shit with Court. I am not Court's biggest fan actually,but I am sure as hell not Ron's. Ron basically said MLWs results were a big hoax at St Peterburgs in August were a hoax. The interview happened after that. Ron also always seem too be I don't know of a word. I wouldn't say jealous,and not pissed,but a mix at other Florida promoters on the boards. The funniest thing out of all of this that Ron worked MLW with the Shanes.

Guest Max Peter David
Don't act like Ring of Honor never did the same thing, namely with XPW and Chad Collyer.

Chad Collyer bolted for Japan without telling ROH.

Don't act like Ring of Honor never did the same thing, namely with XPW and Chad Collyer.

I don't think he meant Collyer worked for XPW, he meant that anyone seeking work in XPW was promptly fired due to the Philly Indy Wars.

Guest Miss Indy Queen
WTF? She did shit with Raven when she was 13? Where the hell did that get found out?

I wanna know that guys source.

This story has been circulating for years now. I don't know if she was 13 or 15 but she was underage nonetheless. She did shit with Raven, her parents found out she was at the hotel and came and got her. Apparently, and I do say apparently b/c this is part of the story, she got an STD from Raven as well. She wasn't allowed to go to wrestling shows for a couple of years because her parents were going to press charges.

They WERE a hoax. I sat ringside for that show. There were hundreds less than were announced and even less than were actually paid as 10-15 of the IPW guys got comped in for free, not to mention all the radio giveaways and etc.

Whatever though, I'm just waiting for MLW to fizzle out and go away so several worthwhile companies up north can start running down here without being bitched at. Hope it's not too much longer.

Ron Niemi is a great man, a TREMENDOUS promoter, and funny as fuck. MLW is a nice place to get exposure, and he obviously saw that as he does everything he can to get the local guys here that rightfully deserve so a break and it's paying off with many of them now, most notably Roderick and Jerrelle and soon Steve Madison as they're all in ROH soon and will no doubt steal the show as they always do down here, which is unfortunate as Florida fans have been very spoiled to see some of the best kept secrets in indy wrestling like the three mentioned and the Shane Twins and etc. down here on a regular basis.

I don't think he meant Collyer worked for XPW, he meant that anyone seeking work in XPW was promptly fired due to the Philly Indy Wars.

I may be wrong, but I don't remember hearing Collyer contacting XPW. I think the guy above is right, that he went to Japan without telling ROH...but I may be wrong, I don't know. I know Justice Pain, Boogalu, and a few others were the guys to first contact XPW, as opposed to XPW, but I don't know about Collyer.

I covered this one, Jon. He wasn't saying Collyer contacted XPW. He worded his post wrong. He meant that ROH blacklisted those working for XPW/looking to work XPW, AS WELL AS Collyer for going to Japan.

Guest Markingout
They WERE a hoax. I sat ringside for that show. There were hundreds less than were announced and even less than were actually paid as 10-15 of the IPW guys got comped in for free, not to mention all the radio giveaways and etc.

Whatever though, I'm just waiting for MLW to fizzle out and go away so several worthwhile companies up north can start running down here without being bitched at. Hope it's not too much longer.

Ron Niemi is a great man, a TREMENDOUS promoter, and funny as fuck. MLW is a nice place to get exposure, and he obviously saw that as he does everything he can to get the local guys here that rightfully deserve so a break and it's paying off with many of them now, most notably Roderick and Jerrelle and soon Steve Madison as they're all in ROH soon and will no doubt steal the show as they always do down here, which is unfortunate as Florida fans have been very spoiled to see some of the best kept secrets in indy wrestling like the three mentioned and the Shane Twins and etc. down here on a regular basis.

I know they were a hoax,but there is no need for another promoter too start shit on petty things like attendence. But I do agree with you on talent. Florida is always overlooked on having talent. Little do all the northeast guys know the talent that is coming out of FL. Did you see Justice',Madison's,and Clark's qualifying matches for BOB3? They came in unkowns,and left too a huge pop.

Guest OSIcon
I know they were a hoax,but there is no need for another promoter too start shit on petty things like attendence.

So it is okay (and good business) for MLW to keepy Sonjay Dutt from working IPW but it is bad for a promoter to tell the REAL attendence of a another promotion?

Sounds like quite a bit of a double standard to me. In one case, MLW is keeping a wrestler from working more (and hurting another promotion by having the wrestler back out), wile IPW was just telling the truth about attendence.

Court Bauer really wants to be "bigtime" but doesn't understand that you need to start out small in order go get there. Hiring Gary Hart and JJ Dillion as agents, getting TV , bringing in guys from all voer the country, ect. isn't going to make you a big promotion when you have no business model and are drawing 200 fans a night.

Guest Markingout
I know they were a hoax,but there is no need for another promoter too start shit on petty things like attendence.

So it is okay (and good business) for MLW to keepy Sonjay Dutt from working IPW but it is bad for a promoter to tell the REAL attendence of a another promotion?

Sounds like quite a bit of a double standard to me. In one case, MLW is keeping a wrestler from working more (and hurting another promotion by having the wrestler back out), wile IPW was just telling the truth about attendence.

Court Bauer really wants to be "bigtime" but doesn't understand that you need to start out small in order go get there. Hiring Gary Hart and JJ Dillion as agents, getting TV , bringing in guys from all voer the country, ect. isn't going to make you a big promotion when you have no business model and are drawing 200 fans a night.

I am not saying its bad I am saying it is petty. But how is it good buisness too tell the real attendence of MLW. Lets say MLW puts on an indy supercard,but we all know Bauer lied about old attendence,and Ron said the true attendence you think that is going too prevent the fans too coming too the supercard?

Court Bauer really wants to be "bigtime" but doesn't understand that you need to start out small in order go get there.  Hiring Gary Hart and JJ Dillion as agents, getting TV , bringing in guys from all voer the country, ect. isn't going to make you a big promotion when you have no business model and are drawing 200 fans a night.

I agree with you there.

www.mlw.com/board's response to my making a post asking if Raven + Sabu were booked for 2/14 and providing a link to the above article in a display of my conclusion:

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Feb 24 2018, 11:32 AM.

I mean I'd understand them getting pissed maybe, hell even maybe a time out period (like a few day suspension), but 5,123 days a.k.a. like a decade and a half (actually more, b/c I got this message a few days ago and just decided to post it here now)...ain't that shit a little much, especially for a "temporary" suspension. I'll be a grown man by then. Although there's no comma after 24, so I don't know, maybe the 2018 doesn't signify the year, but it's really confusing...Oyyy, MLW censorship sucks.

Guest ToddRoyal

Yikes, you got a 14 YEAR suspension on the MLW board for even MENTIONING their promotional lying? Ya- real nice guys, those MLW honchos.

Guest Indikator

I´d say Bauer is bad. But not in an evil way, more like in a retarded way as he isn´t capable being a promoter

I don't think this rule is mentioned on that forum, but there you're not allowed to have anything close or anything related to questioning anything MLW does there. What MLW touches is gold basically. MLWfan.com's talkback forum is different as you're not banned when you question stuff they do but you're shit on by a bunch of marks that will defend the promotion to their last dying breath. It's great for some good, entertaining reading though.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. I expect Sabu and Raven to take the boatload of money that will inevitably be thrown their way by good ol' Court.

Edited by r4g

Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Feb 24 2018, 11:32 AM.

I mean I'd understand them getting pissed maybe, hell even maybe a time out period (like a few day suspension), but 5,123 days a.k.a. like a decade and a half (actually more, b/c I got this message a few days ago and just decided to post it here now

That's why it's never wise to post that stuff on Official Message Boards, they get too crazy about the slightest negative detail or suggestion that other feds actually exist.

Anyway, question What boards are you NOT banned from Barber? (beside this one and the ROH one)