TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

The OAO Super Bowl Thread

Please there was some non calls on New England that should have been called, and there are some penelty's on Carolina that shouldn't have been called.

But the major penelty calls was called right.

The fumble that wasn't called rings to mind.

Both teams got hosed on the small stuff so neither side can say either way. And I'm a reporter first, Pats fan second. That always hang true. Hell, I picked them to lose this game and Adam to miss.

Both defenses just couldn't stop either offense.

And if Fox takes the one pointers, the Panthers lose by one instead of 3 so what difference does it make.

But hats off to the Panthers. They didn't blow this game, neither defense could stop the offenses and both coaches may have just found their rival.

Fox and Bill almost think exactly alike. Eerie stuff.

The Panthers and Pats just told everyone who said neither belonged here because it wouldn't be a good game should now officially shut the hell up.

As an NC native and a Panthers fan, I really have to give it up for the Patriots. They played a really good game, and Tom Brady was really great. There was numerous times he was so close to being sacked but wasn't, that it was uncanny. It was a great game from both sides. At least the Panthers proved the nay-sayers wrongs on almost all counts. The recievers got good yardage, Delhomme wasn't rattled, and I think next year that the Panthers will be a force to be reckon with. But good game by the Patriots.

As an NC native and a Panthers fan, I really have to give it up for the Patriots. They played a really good game, and Tom Brady was really great. There was numerous times he was so close to being sacked but wasn't, that it was uncanny. It was a great game from both sides. At least the Panthers proved the nay-sayers wrongs on almost all counts. The recievers got good yardage, Delhomme wasn't rattled, and I think next year that the Panthers will be a force to be reckon with. But good game by the Patriots.

I wish they could co-MVP it. Delhomme was downright amazing and to all my writing "associates", YOU MISSED YOUR CHANCE.

This game made so many stars, well actually it just opened the eyes of the lazy writers out there. These guys were always stars, the writers were just crying they couldn't give a verbal bj to McNabb and Manning this week.

too bad the panthers overpaid Davis, Foster is the future. Oh and the Panthers got royally fucked over on a few key plays that made a difference in the game.

Guest FrigidSoul

a healthy Roosevelt Colvin along with 4 picks in the first 2 round of the upcoming draft should help us remain on top.

Hats off to the Cats though and they're great turnaround

I don't see it as that great a game. Both teams were fairly underwhelming in the first half, coming alive towards the end of the first half/begining of the second half.

Both teams made mistakes that bit them in the ass, Vinateri's misses and Brady's miscommunication INT, as well as Fox's decisions to go for two.

I'll give credit to the Pats, they have a great D and you don't win as many in a row as they do by fluke alone.

Course, when Carolina was in range with about two minutes left, I just started saying "too much time on the clock, Vinateri's gonna do it again.'

Better Super Bowl than last year (like that was hard to achieve), but not as good as two years ago, and the Rams/Titans One Yard Short is the best in recent history.

Hey, don't discount Davis. He's a good RB, and can get the job done when need be. It's just that he's more of a power guy, and Foster is a speed guy. The patriots Defensive 4 was a bit too much for the Panthers OL, and that's why Davis wasn't as effective in this game as he could have been

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

It boggles my mind how the Pats scrap by EVERY damn game. Its sickening.

Great game, but the Pats defense got torched, which wasn't supposed to happen. 2 turnovers total in the game too, which was surprising, I figured thered be 5 or 6.

No, 2. Delhomme's fumble, and Brady's interception.

I call it now.

New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers Round 2, next year, Super Bowl XXXVIV

I call it now. Panthers don't make the playoffs next year.

Guest Choken One
I call it now.

New England Patriots vs. Carolina Panthers Round 2, next year, Super Bowl XXXVIV

That Never fucking happens.

New England will win 3 more straight games in the regular season and thus extend their streak to 18-0 but lose in a "Upset" to a Arizona/Chicago type team and get plauged with Injuries and finish 9-7 and Miss the Playoffs again...Carolina has that New York Giants aura about them...One year thing and will go 8-8.

The Games in Jacksonville, which is the WORSE city to have a superbowl (until they go to Detroit the next year)...I say that because Jville isn't a party town and I'm banking due to the conservative nature of the city, it'll get ROCKED with some sort of scandalous story involving a Saftey and a underaged prositute and the starting QB will be a outspoken Satanist to combat the strong christian stranglehold on the city and the game will be 42-6.

Let's think about this...When was the last good OUTDOOR game? Denver/GB?

Denver/Atlanta-Miami-Blowout.

Rams/Titans-Atlanta (dome)-Memorable game.

Ravens/Giants-Tampa-Blowout.

Pats/Rams-Orleans-"Classic"

Bucs/Raiders-San Diego-Blowout.

Pats/Panthers-Houston-"One of the greatest games ever"

too bad the panthers overpaid Davis, Foster is the future. Oh and the Panthers got royally fucked over on a few key plays that made a difference in the game.

I don't think they overpaid Davis at all, considering that he was the primary reason that they clinched in the regular season...but I'll admit, he certainly seemed to be lacking a little bit of oomph in the Super Bowl. Carolina's going to have quite a controversy on their hands next year, considering how DeShaun performed down the stretch.

As it stands...it's just another kooky win for the Patriots. They did it to the Rams and they did it to the Panthers. My theory is that they're just paying off Karma for being on the receiving ends of one of the most devastating Super Bowl losses of all time. In reality, the Patriots are going to be ridiculous next year, with Colvin healthy and everybody else gaining confidence from this amazing season. Just phenomenal performers on defense and playmakers on offense (including the most underrated corps of receivers in the NFL, in my opinion).

On another note, I think this kind of shoots that whole "NFL has too much parity" deal down, considering that this is their second Super Bowl win in three years, and their third appearance in the last ten years. Sure, the game was tight, but if the NFL was truly as random as everybody would have you believe...it would have been the Redskins and the Jaguars in the big game this year.

Hell of a Super Bowl...and I'd love to see a rematch next year.

I'm more or less waiting for the back-pedaling of the so called "wise men" such as Warren Sapp who said the Pats offensive line would get killed.

I'm tired of Sapp and I wish someone would punch him in the mouth.

Guest Choken One

I'd like to add that the Commericals sucked COCK this year...None of these will be remembered 10 years from now or even 10 days...

The Panthers could come back next year, but it all depends on how the Free Agency goes. Isn't Smith up for grabs next year?

If they're smart, they'll do everything they can to keep Steve Smith. He was a step short of being a frickin' highlight reel for the NFC playoffs, and it's obvious he's got a rapport with Delhomme.

The Panthers could come back next year, but it all depends on how the Free Agency goes.  Isn't Smith up for grabs next year?

If they're smart, they'll do everything they can to keep Steve Smith. He was a step short of being a frickin' highlight reel for the NFC playoffs, and it's obvious he's got a rapport with Delhomme.

I believe he'll be back myself, I haven't heard anything about him (or anybody else on that team) being unhappy, so I look for the biggest part of them to remain, if not all of them. All I want is the Panthers to pick up a good kicker for the future. Not that Kasay isn't good, but I feel he's got like 2 seasons left, not really a whole lot to go. So somebody to ease that transition from old kicker to new kicker would be nice.

I don't think the Kasay should be blamed for the loss. Without him, the Panthers wouldn't even be in the SB because they would have lost about 7 more games in the regular season.

Great game all around, but the commercials were painfully unfunny and the Truth/Anti-drug ones were atrocious, save for the glass-shard popsicles which may be the best Truth commercial ever. Like that's hard to accomplish.

Guest Choken One

Kickers are like apples...they all grow on trees...It shouldn't be hard to find a good replacement and besides how long Has Kasay played?

15 years? Please...He still got a good 7 years left in him...

I don't think the Kasay should be blamed for the loss. Without him, the Panthers wouldn't even be in the SB because they would have lost about 7 more games in the regular season.

Not his fault here. But the out of bounds kickoff didn't really help the Panthers. But I'd have to say that the Patriots just played a little better game then us. You can't pin it all on one person and have a scapegoat. If we had just got a couple of lucky breaks then the Panthers woulda won.