TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IllustriousOne

Information Regarding the Upgrade

Okay, so I got the upgrade completed in a lot less time than I thought it would take. You can take a look around at the new features, but the main goal for this thing was to improve the way the forum software used the database and as such, it would minimize the amount of errors that people were receiving on a regular basis.

The cons to this process was that we lost the blue tube skin, but that's really about it, I think. As an aside, I'll be lending my efforts to skinning this forum, so if people could chime in with what they might like to see, that would help.

For a tour of the new features for this version of the Invision software, go here.

Take it easy, and enjoy all the new stuff.

-Josh

EDIT: Yeah, only minimized. There's still some SQL errors that float around. I think I'll talk with Mike the Admin about freeing up some space.

Edited by IllustriousOne

As Spiff said, there's a 'Fast Reply' option in My Controls > Board Settings, which will turn it on permanently.

Edited by KingofOldSchool

Guest Skironox
Quick reply is there.

Either click the button to display the quick reply box, or go to your board settings and choose "yes" in the "always display quick reply" option.

Oh.

Thanks, chummer. Would have never noticed that was there.

I try to do normal replies as much as I can, the box of smilies puts a warm spot in my heart.

Plus I only let Scarlett appear once in a thread.

Schizo board?

From another thread:

I'm starting to think I'm the only guy with whom every thread looks fucked up now. All text is centered and shit, and when that isn't the phenomenon, sigs and avatars are with different people, and different posts are credited to different people, not to mention the threads where I'll see a post within another post.

Every thread started before the upgrade is fucked up. It'll look normal for the first few posts, then a quote box will be empty or there'll be a sudden shift of everything to the right side of the screen or posts' text writing over anothers. I'm on Netscape 7.0, if that helps you figure out why this is happening.

Schizo board?

From another thread:

I'm starting to think I'm the only guy with whom every thread looks fucked up now. All text is centered and shit, and when that isn't the phenomenon, sigs and avatars are with different people, and different posts are credited to different people, not to mention the threads where I'll see a post within another post.

Every thread started before the upgrade is fucked up. It'll look normal for the first few posts, then a quote box will be empty or there'll be a sudden shift of everything to the right side of the screen or posts' text writing over anothers. I'm on Netscape 7.0, if that helps you figure out why this is happening.

That's really odd. IPB 1.3 was supposed to be compatible with all browsers. I'll look into it if you'd like.

The cons to this process was that we lost the blue tube skin, but that's really about it, I think. As an aside, I'll be lending my efforts to skinning this forum, so if people could chime in with what they might like to see, that would help.

So your going to be making cusom skins? Maybe you should make a different theme every week like on American Chopper.

This new update rocks, BTW.

Guest Disbadger

I am also experiencing the "Schizo board", and I'm using Mozilla Firebird.

Edited by Disbadger

I just got a whole heap of errors, but you said that the amount of errors would be minimised by this upgrade.

What's the story?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read all of your post about only minimised.

Edited by spiny norman

Guest Krazy Karter

Noticed a problem -

If you go to edit something it automatically puts the "edited by" tag at the bottom of your post.

Before you had like a 5-minute window to change it without the tag showing up.

Edited by Krazy Karter

I like the fact that since it is extra buttons for quick reply, whoring will soon go down.

Nah. It will go up because the board loads somewhat faster now and there are less errors.

I did notice that the time is still off almost 20 minutes...

Ok, I just got my first error message...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 117992 bytes) in /home/virtual/site4/fst/var/www/html/sources/Topics.php on line 942

...and like before I had to refresh four times, not three or five, but FOUR times for it to start working for me again.