TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

GameSpy's Most Wanted of 2004

Resident Evil 4 over Silent Hill 4? Fuck Gamespy.

That probably has more to do with the fact that Silent Hill 4 was just announced, while RE4 has been hyped for what, at least a year and a half?

Bah. That's no excuse. :P

And to echo everyone else, I agree - four of the top five will be Halo 2, Half Life 2, Doom 3, and MGS3. The order of those four may vary, but they're pretty much locks for the top 5.

The top 8:

8. Battlefield Vietnam - PC

7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - PS2

6. Onimusha 3 - PS2

5. Ninja Gaiden - XBOX

4. Gran Turismo 4 - PS2

3. Halo 2 - XBOX

2. Doom 3 - Xbox/PC

1. Half-Life 2 - PC

no Gamecube games..*sigh*

There are no Gamecube games because Nintendo doesn't announce games that far in advance.

By the end of the year we could see Animal Crossing 2, a Metroid Prime sequel, a Wind Waker sequel, a new Mario and who knows...

they certainly didn't know in time to make the list.

I prefer the way Nintendo does it ove the way Microsoft does it.

I've been looking forward to several XBox games for a year now...and some of them aren't coming out anytime soon.

*coughFablecough*

Ahem, bad cough. Sorry. Think I'm coming down BAKA'ING (read my reply to Corey's Lazarush on TNA in the official feedback thread to understand, sorta, I'd probably still have to explain).

But I'm kinda shocked MSG3 didn't make top 5. Shit, it barely made Gamespy's top 8. I'm kinda impressed that it got knocked back that far.

Then again, I'm also wondering why Ninja Gaiden is that high on the listing. I'm quite sure it's at least a top 8, but to be ranked over MSG3?

Quite a feat really.

Guest TheHulkster
3. Halo 2 - XBOX

2. Doom 3 - Xbox/PC

HA...Yeah fucking right (and i'm a huge Doom fan).

I was suprised that they left RE4 off of the list, but little of it has been shown thus far.

3. Halo 2 - XBOX

2. Doom 3 - Xbox/PC

Seriously. Is ANYONE hugely anticipating Doom 3 anymore? I remember loads of people creaming themselves all over it months ago, but I haven't heard shit lately.

3. Halo 2 - XBOX

2. Doom 3 - Xbox/PC

I was suprised that they left RE4 off of the list, but little of it has been shown thus far.

And now

10 - Resident Evil 4

Expect the Top 8 to be up tomorrow.

...you didn't read the whole thread did you?

I would think that Metroid Prime 2 should be up there, but only the Zero Mission page it says that a sequel to Prime has been "rumored" even though it was confirmed almost a year ago and they showed footage at the last E3. Oh well, I guess nobody told Gamespy.

I would think that Metroid Prime 2 should be up there, but only the Zero Mission page it says that a sequel to Prime has been "rumored" even though it was confirmed almost a year ago and they showed footage at the last E3. Oh well, I guess nobody told Gamespy.

I heard "early 2004" on Prime 2. Maybe they're planning a simultaneous US release of Prime 2 and Zero Mission?

Oh yeah, F*** YOU JAPAN for not appreciating Metroid!

Zero Mission comes out in a few weeks...so there will be no Prime sequel by then.

I'm sure it will be formally announced with a release date at E3.

Between Half Life 2 for PC and Halo 2 for XBox...I know I'm not anticipating Doom 3 nearly as much.