TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Brian Urlacher to...

I don't know if this has been reported, but I didn't see it in the thread.

From NWATNA.com

From NWATNA.com:

NFL STAR BRIAN URLACHER IS COMING TO TNA!

This past week on TNA Pay-Per-View, NWA Director of Authority Erik Watts announced that Chicago Bears star and quite possibly the baddest man in the NFL - Brian Urlacher - will be on hand this Wednesday night January 28 for the big Watts vs. Don Callis match!

Urlacher, a multi-time Pro Bowl player and star of the gridiron and television, is close friends with the NWA Director of Authority and will no doubt be giving Watts some pointers on how to destroy Callis this Wednesday night!

Following TNA's broadcast this past week, NWATNA.com got these exclusive comments from Watts regarding Urlacher coming to TNA:

"I just want to ask Don Callis one thing: do you honestly think you'll be able to beat me on Wednesday? You see Callis, I know you and I know you've got something planned. That's why I'm bringing the baddest man in the NFL, my friend Brian Urlacher, to even up the odds you might say. And Callis, one word of warning - I suggest you don't get in Urlacher's way, or you might be TNA's version of a tackling dummy. See you Wednesday, Call-ASS!"

Ugh, another football player to wrestler. It will help TNA get some mainstream media press, but I haven't seen anything yet. I am surprised that Around the Horn or PTI haven't said anything about this.

Guest Choken One

Shouldn't they just save him for the PPV and have him be an enforcer?

I know Urlacher isn't Mike Tyson but still...

If you had the show in Chi-Town it would work.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think it's a decent enough move.

Urlacher is a big enough name in football to justify bringing him in for a show or two.

Guest Choken One

He is the #2 Jersey Sell in Football behind Mike Vick.

So he's pretty fucking Popular.

Guest TDinDC1112
Really now? I would have thought he would be what Kareem Rush is to the NBA. I dont watch football so I wouldnt know.

Obviously with a statement like that.

Most of the time promotions would get some barely known guy for a little bit of change to come in, like that guy from Saved By The Bell. Who still remembers him and CARES?

Why is Watts, a wrestler, taking advice from a pro-football star about fighting a manager in a wrestling match? Shouldnt he be getting advice from, I dont know, A WRESTLER? Callis has Jarrett in his corner and instead of having El Leon, or AJ Styles in his corner, Watts chooses a football player....

Whoops, logic in wrestling? Nevermind.

That really doesn't change the fact that Urlacher is one of the most popular and recognizable players in the league.

Yeah, and if NWATNA were putting on a football match his presence would probably draw some buys.

Guest TDinDC1112
That really doesn't change the fact that Urlacher is one of the most popular and recognizable players in the league.

Yeah, and if NWATNA were putting on a football match his presence would probably draw some buys.

Good thing the WWF didn't follow your reasoning when they brought Mike Tyson in in 1998, huh.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Why is Watts, a wrestler, taking advice from a pro-football star about fighting a manager in a wrestling match? Shouldnt he be getting advice from, I dont know, A WRESTLER? Callis has Jarrett in his corner and instead of having El Leon, or AJ Styles in his corner, Watts chooses a football player....

Whoops, logic in wrestling? Nevermind.

Have you ever seen Watts? He is definately NOT a wrestler.

Most of the time promotions would get some barely known guy for a little bit of change to come in, like that guy from Saved By The Bell. Who still remembers him and CARES?

That was Dustin Diamond, and odds are he did the show for very little. They completely handled him wrong, as he has no problem with selfdeprication ("Did you just let Screech in the club? I'm waiting in line and you just let Screech in," from Made). Why they stuck him in a boxing match of all the shit to do is beyond me, as it could've made for some great humor.

Back to the topic, I've never heard of the guy. I'm not at all a football fan, though, so go figure.

Good thing the WWF didn't follow your reasoning when they brought Mike Tyson in in 1998, huh.

Fair point, to a degree, I'd argue that Mister Urlacher isn't even the half name that Tyson was way back then.

Guest Choken One

No He isn't but he's pretty fucking Popular in the Mid-west and can get some attention but not at the Tyson or L.T Level since this is only a fucking low rate promotion.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I am soooo happy to see this. Now TNA will finally take over the WWE and rule the wrestling world. Because of Urlacher......yep Urlacher........... :stupid:

Alright...so Watt's has this famous tough guy as a good friend...and he brings him in to watch his back in his bid to keep his job...

And it's either the worst decision ever...or it's supposed to save the company?

It can't just be...look who Watts has in his corner?

Of course it can't.

Because of the several posting agendas that must be represented in every thread.