TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

MLW news and notes

Major League Wrestling is in negotiations to bring Ken Shamrock into the promotion. They have yet to finalize terms, but it appears he will be coming in at this time. They were actually hoping to announce his debut during the TV tapings in Orlando earlier in the month, but hadn't come to terms. If Shamrock comes in, word I get is he will be working heel.

As I noted on my Premium hotline this week, after seeing the return episode of MLW TV, Teddy Hart and Steve Corino are absolutely working an angle, so they must have made amends after their spat backstage in Orlando at the MLW tapings.

According to a press release sent out by the promotion on Thursday, this weekend's edition of MLW's Underground TV will feature Jerry Lynn vs. Mike Modest, Vampiro vs. Raven in a "Screwface" Match, Los Maximos vs. The Havana Pitbulls, plus a JJ Dillon interview and clips of the Terry Funk vs. Steve Corino Barbed Wire I Quit Match.

Gary Hart, Court Bauer, and Jerry Lynn will appear on Eric Gargiulo's radio show this Saturday in the Philadelphia market. For more information, visit www.prowrestlingradio.com.

The promotion will be releasing their 9/03 Wargames event from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on video and DVD in February. I was in attendance at that show and it was a really good live event.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist

You know, I hate indies in general, but JUST MAYBE these guys actually have a clue.

I still think Teddy Hart is a disgrace though, and the six sided ring will go copletely over the heads of most of the auidence

the six sided ring will go copletely over the heads of most of the auidence

Do you know if the six-sided ring looks as awkward as AAA's five-sided ring, or does it look as bad?

TDinDC, to answer your question, Teddy is a disgrace because despite his talent, he's been blackballed from 3 promotions already (WWE, ROH, TNA possibly) for his unprofessional attitude and cares too much about popping the crowd with moonsaults off the top rope and taking the heat off of other wrestlers in the process.

Guest TDinDC1112

Do you know if the six-sided ring looks as awkward as AAA's five-sided ring, or does it look as bad?

TDinDC, to answer your question, Teddy is a disgrace because despite his talent, he's been blackballed from 3 promotions already (WWE, ROH, TNA possibly) for his unprofessional attitude and cares too much about popping the crowd with moonsaults off the top rope and taking the heat off of other wrestlers in the process.

Hart will be back in ROH. It's only a matter of time. He has made himself into an actual draw on the indy's, something not too many guys can say. He has superstar written all over him, and he's one of the few guys I'd pay to see. Now if people want to continue to be all high and mighty and think that he did them wrong and doesn't have the proper respect.......get over yourselves. Teddy Hart is ENTERTAINING, and that's what I want when I watch wrestling. If you don't want to watch him because he's a Dick, then you better stop watching a lot more wrestlers than just him.

Guest Dynamite Kido
You know, I hate indies in general, but JUST MAYBE these guys actually have a clue.

Why?

Now if people want to continue to be all high and mighty and think that he did them wrong and doesn't have the proper respect.......get over yourselves. Teddy Hart is ENTERTAINING, and that's what I want when I watch wrestling.

Dude, what is it you can't comprehend? After the match, HE DID A SHOOTING STAR PRESS OFF THE CAGE ONTO UNSUSPECTING WRESTLERS. Comprende? He put everyone there in danger just to get himself over. The locker room kicked him out. Besides all of this, he sucks dick in the ring, and workwise would be in the bottom 20% of RoH.

I've learned on the internet that "it was entertaining" is code for, "I can't back up my opinion with logic." Same goes for:

"You only think that because you're a smark."

"You need to sit back and enjoy it."

"I watch wrestling to be entertained."

Guest OSIcon
time. He has made himself into an actual draw on the indy's, something not too many guys can say.

He's a draw? Really?

People talk about him, but that doesn't mean he is a draw (at least not yet). His first chance to do any drawing was MLW's first two shows after the relaunch and both drew very poorly. You can't base that he isn't a draw of of two shows, I know that, but you also don't have any evidence that he *is* a draw.

Actually, I am pretty sure Court Bauer as less of a clue than 99 percent of indies out there.

His business model is virtually non-existant. He has two sources of revenue like most indies have: live gates and tape sales. The problems with that are: 1.) His shows draw poo paid attendence and 2.) They show full matches on television (getting rid of a fair share of demand for tapes) and their tape production/merchandise is reportedly slow and poor (customer service wise).

So he is hardly bringing in any money, but is going out and flying in 20+ wrestlers from all over the country (and Canada) to Florida, is paying guys like JJ Dillion, Gary Hart, and (soon to be it sounds like) Ken Shamrock a lot of money. They took off for four months because of money problems, only to come back with flying more people in, a new set/ring, and more additional expenses.

MLW is just running through the money Bauer has without any idea on how to use it in order to make money (or at least come close to breaking even). Not to mention the booking also leaves a lot to be desired.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Personally, I like MLW. They have a more complete show than RoH sometimes. With more different styles, I mean. Anyways, War Games looks to be a good show, and as far as Hart goes, he can wrestle, but he seems like a dick. But if the King of Old School can forgive him, I think I can at least give him the benifit of the doubt....

Guest Dynamite Kido
Personally, I like MLW. They have a more complete show than RoH sometimes. With more different styles, I mean. Anyways, War Games looks to be a good show, and as far as Hart goes, he can wrestle, but he seems like a dick. But if the King of Old School can forgive him, I think I can at least give him the benifit of the doubt....

WarGames is fucking terrible. The match, I didn't see the whole show.

They do have more different styles, but often times they have terrible attempts at the styles. For example, Sonjay Dutt vs. Jack Evans this week...sure, it was junior style, but it sucked balls.

MLW tends to do a lot of different things, and none of them well. Although Bulldogs vs. Quance/Puma this week was fun.

Guest Coffey

I'm glad that MLW is coming back (are back). I've liked what I've seen from them so far. Although admittedly that's not too much.

Guest Joe Mama

can you elaberate, is there a storyline or history involving the 6 sided ring that the fans wont understad?

otherwise i dont see how a different ring will "will go copletely over the heads of most of the auidence"

Guest Salacious Crumb

I have to disagree with you on that one. Bringing in Shamrock who is rather pricey and not a proven draw is not a good idea. Remember how bad he bombed in TNA. I'm sure for what they're paying him you could bring in several smaller name stars who are probably equally as good. I'm sure Norman Smiley and Devon Storm would put just as many butts in the seats as Ken Shamrock.

Guest Markingout

Also they are most likely too bring in Shane Douglas too have a match vs Corino.... They just love blowing away money. Its a shame because I like MLW except for there dumbass descions like Shamrock and Douglas.

Guest Dynamite Kido

MLW is too busy trying to top other Indy's to try and make what they already have work. They brought in Kojima before, which was a great idea IMO. They need to bring a strictly original program, otherwise they will get smoked by ROH, IWA-MS, and CZW.....easily. But I do like a lot of what I have seen from this company....

Guest Markingout

I was live at War Games cool show. The whole junior beavyweight tournement was cool. The War Games match had a very old school feel too it mixed with some new style brawling. Some liked it some hated it. I thought it was average though seeing Funk throw a fireball live was quite a sight. Also on that show was an awesome brawl with the SIT vs Martel,Criado,and Monsta Mack, even though it was kind of a sqaush. It had the dreaded Joe vs Awesome match on it though. That match was bad. The show in whole was solid though.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I disagree. Sure Evans Sonjay was bad-terrible, but don't label all thier JR stuff as that, although losing Yang and Daniels will hurt the divison. I think once MLW hits their stride, they'll do just fine.

I don't think they'll ever be running a profitable business and will go out of biz before they can "hit their stride" They've got some good talent in place but Court Bauer is either mentally retarded or he just wants to make a big bang and then disappear. I know of at least one promotion in the northeast that the only thing stopping them from running Florida is MLW still being around; they're waiting for them to fizzle out. I wish they'd hurry up with it.

I like Teddy Hart, the guy turned a potentially career-killing thing into a gimmick that draws him serious heel heat. He can go in the ring for the most part as well.

Guest Dids
Now if people want to continue to be all high and mighty and think that he did them wrong and doesn't have the proper respect.......get over yourselves. Teddy Hart is ENTERTAINING, and that's what I want when I watch wrestling.

Besides all of this, he sucks dick in the ring, and workwise would be in the bottom 20% of RoH.

From what I've heard and what little I've seen. Hart (save the bad psychology) is nice in the ring. Putting him in the bottom 20% of ROH seems kinda silly.

I like MLW from what I've seen - just more wrestling to see, and the last show was fairly fun, aside from the Dutt/Evans botchfest.

Ever imagine, though, how confusing MLW must be to somebody who just flips by and starts watching it without following anything online? It must be impossible to do. They need to make things clearer to people, I think.

Guest TDinDC1112
Dude, what is it you can't comprehend? After the match, HE DID A SHOOTING STAR PRESS OFF THE CAGE ONTO UNSUSPECTING WRESTLERS. Comprende? He put everyone there in danger just to get himself over.

Honestly, I don't care.

Guest TDinDC1112
I've learned on the internet that "it was entertaining" is code for, "I can't back up my opinion with logic." Same goes for:

No, I watch wrestling to be entertained. What other reason does anyone on here watch wrestling? That's not the same thing as saying "sit back and enjoy it." I want to sit back and enjoy it, but if it's a shitty product, I can't.

There is something that I keep thinking about from the Scramble Cage match, and that is that all the bitching about that move is coming from C.M. Punk and Steve Corino, two guys that weren't involved in the match. I haven't heard anybody that was in the match say anything bad about it, so if they don't why should you?

That's because nobody else in the match has online commentary blogs, and they've been asked NOT to talk about it? Jesus christ, he could have ended those guys careers with what he was doing. That's why I care.

Some "draw" Teddy has made himself into too--MLW Night 1 attendance: < 150 paid.

Guest TDinDC1112
That's because nobody else in the match has online commentary blogs, and they've been asked NOT to talk about it? Jesus christ, he could have ended those guys careers with what he was doing. That's why I care.

-If they wanted to talk about it online, they could, just like Steve Corino, CM Punk, and Gabe have done. I'm sure they couldv'e found an outlet.

Guest OSIcon
If they wanted to talk about it online, they could, just like Steve Corino, CM Punk, and Gabe have done. I'm sure they couldv'e found an outlet.

That's pretty bad reasoning. Just because those who are directly effected by something don't release public statements about it, while others do speak on their behalf, doesn't mean they aren't mad about what happened. If a victim of a crime doesn't speak out but others do, does that mean he or she isn't mad about what occurred?

You are really stretching. CM Punk and Corino both have journals and were both specifically picked out by Teddy Hart. To me, it is pretty obvious they are going to respod and easy for them to do so. Not so easy for a guy who doesn't have a quick internet outlet to do so and probably doesn't want to get involved in a "feud" like that.

The fact is, he put the guys in danger to get himself over which is wrong. You can still like him despite of that (nobody is stopping you) but don't deny what happened.