TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Krazy Karter

Gamecube emulator released

Interesting, but how would someone actually go about ripping the game from one of those tiny discs? As far as I know, they're incompatible with PCs.

Guest Krazy Karter
Interesting, but how would someone actually go about ripping the game from one of those tiny discs? As far as I know, they're incompatible with PCs.

They are, but those with special drives can rip the discs and post the images online.

I'm sure IRC channels have the images, as several forums are reporting the games working / not working.

Guest Krazy Karter
More to the point, what specs do you need to run it?

From what I've read, 2-D games like Bust-A-Move run at full speed with a 1.0 GHZ+ processor and a good video card, but if you want 3D games near full-speed you'll need a processor upwards of 3.0 GHZ ghz with a top of the line video card.

Also, let me add that this is the first public release, so it will be improved eventually.

But playing ISO discs is still questionable, Panosonic Q or mod gamecube might not be able to play games straight off of DVD-Rs. Playing the games thru PC-to-Gamecube looks like too much trouble to me.

If you own a computer good enough to run something like a GC emulator you should have enough money to be able to actually own a GC. Its not like its expensive.

Guest mesepher
If you own a computer good enough to run something like a GC emulator you should have enough money to be able to actually own a GC. Its not like its expensive.

what is the speed of the processor in the GC? It can't be a 3.0 GHZ....

Guest Krazy Karter

That's very true.

While the components of a PC may be faster, they are functioning to perform several different operations at once.

A gaming console and it's respective hardware are dedicated to 3D gaming.

I don't see the point.

Go buy the games you cheapass motherfuckers. Or better yet, rent them and then copy them or just flat out not return them.

I thank you for your advice as it has helped me tremendously...

Are these Gamecube rips actually CD image files (like .ISO or .CUE)? If so, you may be able to use Daemon Tools to dock the image onto your computer without worrying about burning to disc and dealing with cumbersome CD Drive access times.

That being said...pirating the Gamecube is a little silly. At least with the Dreamcast, you had the excuse of many of the games having low print runs.

Guest T®ITEC

Sort of an off-topic question, but:

Is there any way I could just copy the music from an Xbox game onto my PC? Could I use a DVD drive or something?

I don't see the point.

Go buy the games you cheapass motherfuckers. Or better yet, rent them and then copy them or just flat out not return them.

I thank you for your advice as it has helped me tremendously...

That's nice. Good to see I help people around here.

Guest Hayabusa Moleman

This isn't a threat to gamecube sales, at least for the time being. For the hell of it, I tried Wind Waker out and I couldn't even make it to the gameplay. Most of the time, it ran at a whopping 5 frames a second, occasionally 10 and a few times, out of the blue, at 120+ frames a second. Sound function was non-existent. This is just a preview emulator. Gamecube will probably be on its way out by the time this emulator is viable. I was running a 2.8Ghz with 512 RAM and a 9800 Pro, for anyone who was curious.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the graphics did not render fully either.