TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Longdogger_Pete

SJL METAL

A techno beat pops over a montage of millisecond long images and sounds of cheering crowds which quickly fades, one last time, to the SJL logo, which prophetically fades away itself…

Then, instead of the musical intro, we go straight to a shot of the SJL Metal stage. The arena is quiet for a few moments as the crowd starts to wonder if the opening music and pyro were a casualty of the SJL closing its doors.

Then…

::Crack!!!::

The crowd, simply put, explodes!

The crack of a bat and the roar of the crowd announce Grand Slam!! It quickly fades into the opening drumline of "Go Home" by Blessid Union of Souls. The SmarkTron lights up with baseball highlights mixed with big spots from Grand Slam's matches while flashing the words "Grand Slam", "Mark Stevens" and "The Heavy Hitter". The various multicolored lights flash in time with the rhythmic drumbeats until the drums roll fast and the lead singer yells out "Go Home", then the arena is flooded with bright white light!! Red and white pyro explodes at the top of the entrance ramp!! When the smoke clears and everyone can see again, "Grand Slam" Mark Stevens is standing underneath the SmarkTron!!! The crowd erupts in even more cheers for the Heavy Hitter!!!

Funyon: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the SmarkMarks Wrestling Federation Commissioner… “GRAND SLAM” MARK STEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEENS!!!

As Funyon makes his announcement, Grand Slam runs back and forth on the stage, waving his arms, pumping his fists, anything to fire up the crowd! The Heavy Hitter walks down the ramp slowly, savoring every moment of cheers and pointing at various fans, slapping hands and keeping them screaming! Tonight, as the camera zooms in, he is wearing a SJL baseball cap!! When the crowd sees this, they cheer even louder, nearly drowning out his music!! Grand Slam steps into the ring between the ropes and heads to a corner. He then climbs to the second turnbuckle, looks at the crowd, then pumps his right fist into the air several times, firing the crowd up even more and causing a flurry of flashbulbs to pop, illuminating the ring like a strobe-light!! Before dropping back to the mat, Grand Slam flings his cap out to the crowd, giving some lucky fan a unique souvenir from the last SJL Metal!!!

He walks up to Funyon and says something that causes the announcer to laugh as he hands the mike over to the Heavy Hitter. Stevens paces around the ring for a few seconds as the massive cheers die down, as the crowd waits to hear what the Hall of Famer has to say.

GSMS: Well well… thank you all for that welcome. (another huge cheer, which Grand Slam quiets with a wave of his hand) As you all know, tonight is the last SJL Metal and the last SJL show. And there is no way I could let that pass without one more trip to a JL show, and one more trip to the JL’s adopted home, the Gund Aena!!

Big hometown pop!!

GSMS: In one sense, today is a sad day. The space we leased here in the Gund Arena is closed. The walls are bare. The glass windows are covered. But in another sense, today is a great day. Tonight, every single person in the JL is set to bring you, our biggest fans and most loyal supporters, the most spectacular Metal in the history of the SJL!!

Another huge pop for the Heavy Hitter, who takes a moment to take a wistful look around…

GSMS: I remember all the times I wrestled in this building… back in the day. Man, it seems like a hundred years ago… ReGeneration-X… FTW… Anarchy… I had some great matches and made some even better friends in my days here, and I, for one, will be sorry to see the SJL fade away into memory. But now is not the time for sorrow. Let’s look at this not as an ending, but as a new beginning! A new chance for glory!! And I assure you that, as long as I am SWF Commissioner, the Gund Arena in Cleveland will be a regular stop on our tour! And that…

GSMS & screaming fans: MY FRIENDS…

GSMS: IS A DAMN PROMISE!!!!

Without a hesitation, the picture jump cuts to the opening Metal video, complete with pyro…

SJL METAL: THE FINAL CHAPTER

Venue: The Gund Arena, Cleveland, Ohio!

$25,000 SIGNING BONUS MATCH

Jimmy "The Demon" Liston vs. Jacob Helmsley

Description: Commissioner Chris Raynor will be at ringside for this match with a pen and a shiny new SWF contract. This particular contract includes a $25,000 signing bonus that will be paid out just after Clusterfuck. The winner of this match gets to sign the contract. Standard rules.

ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD MATCH

Aecas vs. Manson

Description: These two have a long and storied history. I think. Rules are: hardcore style, with BEERZ. There are dozens of cans of beer placed around the ring. Whenever there is a near fall, both competitors must drink a beer, or be disqualified. This is the only way a competitor can be disqualified in this match.

STIPULATION CAGE MATCH

Todd Royal vs. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins

Description: These two have some serious issues. They get one more shot at each other before going on to the Clusterfuck. This cage match can only be won by pinfall or submission - escaping the cage is not an option.

ALL THE CARDS MATCH

Alan Clark vs. Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix

Special Referee: Insane Luchador

Description: This one is for all the cards. The European champion, Landon Maddix, finally cashes in his title shot against World champion Alan Clark. The winner will be the Unified SJL World Champion, and will also be the LAST SJL World Champion. In addition... whoever leaves the Gund with the title will receive an SWF United States title shot at Clusterfuck! Not a bad way to make your SWF debut! Insane Luchador has been added to this match as a special referee by request. This match uses standard rules, but will be a TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS match.

“Here we are on SJL Metal for the last time!” Annie cries aloud. “Tonight I’m sure is going to be one for the ages!” she continues. “Well, I for one will be looking forward to this… I mean hell, at least now we get to beat on these little maggots instead of watching them!” Judge enthusiastically says. “Here, here!” Ejiro chimes in. “Speak for yourselves…” Annie pouts. “Oh that’s night… you’re out of the job after tonight!” Judge happily states, grinning from ear to ear. “Shove it, Judge.” Annie fires back.

The lights go dark. A string orchestra can be heard playing a sweetly disturbing tune. The Smarktron comes to life, simply displaying a white ankh. pyros flash as they climb the ramp, from ringside to entrance. The screen flashes as drums and guitar join in Cradle of Filth's "Born in a Burial Gown". A burst of flame announces the arrival of Liston. On the Smarktron, a collection of clips of previous matches starts up. Liston is seen Hunting Todd Royal, Tormenting Leo Breslin, hitting Blazenwing with the Damnation, and the video culminates with a shot of Liston on the turnbuckle, jumping and landing a Demon Head BUTT on Craig McLennan. Red lights accompany Liston as he walks down the ramp to ringside, his eyes seemingly focused on some invisible object floating in front of his face.

”The following match is scheduled for one fall and is a twenty-five thousand dollar signing bonus match! Introducing first from Boston, Massachusetts, Jimmy ‘The Demon” LISTON!”

Liston slides into the ring, climbs the near turnbuckle, and, just as the tempo picks up, he thrusts his fist into the air in time with the music. He jumps from the top turnbuckle, and walks to the far side of the ring as the house lights are brought up, and the music fades. “Jimmy looks ready to cash in on that twenty five grand…” Annie states. “Geeze… I wish MY contract came with twenty five grand signing bonus…” Judge states coldly.

Before his music can start, Jacob Helmsley immediately rushes out from the back of the arena with a face full of vengeance, heading straight towards the ring. Unknown to Liston, Jacob immediately slides into the ring and slams into the back of Jimmy, beating on him mercilessly like a drum set. “Jacob is wasting absolutely NO time in getting this match underway! What the hell is he so angry about?” Annie asks. “Who the hell knows with that psycho…” Judge questions while in the ring Jacob continues to smash away on the back of the Demon, quickly sending him to the floor. Once the Demon is face first completely on the mat, Jacob continues the crazed assault with stinging kicks to the gut area, while the crowd continues to show their dismay for the Psycho’s actions with round after round of deafening boos and taunts. Seemingly soaking them up, Jacob quickens the pace in which his boots connect with the gut of the Demon. Finally after 20 devastating boots to the gut Jacob backs off of his victim, his face still beat red with anger from some unknown place.

“Jacob just absolutely destroyed Jimmy Liston in that assault!” Annie calls out. “Looks like he’s not done yet…” Ejiro chimes in as in the ring Jacob lifts Liston up to his feet quickly and whips him into the ropes. Upon the rebound the Demon desperately tries to hit a clothesline on Jacob, but the Psycho is just too quick for him and ducks under the extended arm of Liston. Instead of letting Jimmy continue on to the ropes on the opposite side of the ring though, Jacob grabs a hold of the arms of the Demon in a backslide pin set-up, but immediately pulls the Demon down into the devastating modified Vertebreaker that he came up with. “Black Stallion! That’s all she wrote!” Judge calls out, as Jacob holds the bridge for the pin on the totally limp Liston.

ONE!

TWO!

“Three! The match is over!” Ejiro calls out with the last count from the referee. “Jacob Helmsley is now 25 thousand dollars richer in his final SJL Match!” Annie calls out. “And in convincing fashion too!” Ejiro adds on. Triumphantly, Jacob raises his hands in victory, and begins to make his way back up the ring to the backstage arena, leaving Jimmy Liston in the middle of the ring, beaten and battered. “We have gotten word from the back that the contract signing will not occur tonight, due to some unforeseen circumstances… but it will be taking place later this week.” Annie reports the information. “Jimmy Liston certainly did not want his last SJL match to end this way, but ya know… you can’t always get what you want!” Judge taunts. “Well, this has been an exiting start to an already exiting night of Action… stay tuned as we close out the SJL with STYLE~!” Annie calls out enthusiastically.

*Click*

“What would I do…Lonely as you…Pleasure or pain…I Can‘t choose.”

::The crowd erupts as the curtain is pulled back, and Spike Jenkins steps onto the stage. Standing in a sea of blue lights, Jenkins pauses to look out at the crowd.::

“What would I do…Lonely as you…Pleasure of pain…I Can’t choose.”

:: Standing on the same stage, Megan Skye and Todd Royal survey the crowd, looking out at the masses with disgust as the smirk smugly and walk toward the ring.::

“Wake up you‘re dreaming…I can’t stand your screaming…Drowning in these prayers…Just some words without meaning.”

DECEMBER 7th, 2003-

:: A montage of shots, as Spike Jenkins and Todd Royal battle back and forth in an SJL ring. Chain wrestling in center of the ring, brawling outside, the camera angles focus on the intensity in each shot::

“Spare all the breaching…My secret’s worth keeping…No one understands like I do.”

:: Spike whips Royal hard into the steel steps. Spike tosses up a chair, driving it into Royal’s face with a big super kick. A replay. Another. Jenkins celebrates, blood flows from Todd’s head.::

“Keep out of reach…I’m your leading deletion…Hide behind these masks…Though they still see right through them.”

:: Royal, bloody, fires back, suplexing Jenkins. Clotheslining him. Kicking him relentlessly on the mat. Now Spike fights back, pounding Todd into the corner. Dropkicking him. Tossing him from the ring again.::

“Every now and then…You’re down and out my friend…Down and out again…Down and out again, but I’m down with you.”

::Royal in the ring, Spike above him. The crowd roars as Spike locks on the Silver lining, wrenching back, Todd’s blood running over his arms. Royal taps, the crowd explodes, Jenkins collapses to the mat.::

“One more time for the last time…One more time for release…One more time for the last time…Everyone wants to believe.”

JANUARY 9th, 2004-

::Todd Royal and Spike Jenkins stand together, in an SJL locker room. Talking, laughing, making jokes. The curtain parts and both men step through, walk to the ring together. Several quick shots of the men tagging each other, double teaming Sean Casey.::

“Blame it on youth, all these years I’ve been losing…Blame it on the past, it’s the last place I knew you…Blame it on the children, they’re raging and ruined…Blame it on the black and the blue.”

:: Both men stand in the ring, their arms raised, celebrating victory. Spike turns and offers a handshake. Royal accepts. Then blindsides his partner. Royal unleashes a flurry of punches, leaving Spike laying on the mat- he leaves laughing.::

“One more time for the last time…One more time for release…One more time for the last time…Everyone wants to believe.”

JANUARY 18th, 2004-

:: Jenkins and Royal stand on opposite sides of the ring. Todd offers a handshake, a smirk across his face. Spike responds with a slap. Royal tries a suplex, reversed. Spike attempts a German suplex, reversed. Kick, reversed. Royal offers a mocking handshake again::

“Every now and then…You’re down and out my friend…Down and out again…Down and out again, but I’m down with you.”

::Todd reverses a waistlock. Spike reverses back. Jenkins runs for the corner but Royal sidesteps. Regaining the waistlock, Todd rolls backwards, rolling through with a Chaos Theory Suplex. Referee counts three, as Todd laughs in victory.::

JANUARY 22nd, 2004-

::Spike dives over Sexton Hardcastle to tackle Royal to the mat. Royal leaps off the top rope to drive Jenkins through a table. In the ring, Spike handcuffed to the ropes, Todd leans in, spitting gum in his face. Royal walks away. Smiling.

:: Spike Jenkins. Todd Royal. A Steel Cage. The SJL Metal logo::

“One more time for the last time…One more time for release…One more time for the very last time…Everyone wants to believe…”

::A cage door slams shut::

*CLICK*

The commercials fade away and Metal snaps back on with a bang, the sold out Gund Arena in Cleveland, Ohio packed to capacity with thousands upon thousands of screaming fans. The cameras rove over the arena, taking in the atmosphere and the buzz of the crowd as the fans eagerly await the next match of tonight’s Metal. Eventually the cameras cut back to the announcer’s table revealing the SJL’s new announcing team of "Judge Mental" William Hearford, Ejiro Fasaki, and the one and only Annie Eclectic.

“Hello everyone and welcome back to SJL Metal! And we are sorry to say that this is the last show ever in the SJL’s history but viewers don’t be alarmed, you’ll still be able to see all your favourite SJL Superstars in the SWF.” Judge says as he greets the viewers once more.

“And what’s more is the first event these guys are going to attend in the SWF will be the Clusterfuck!” Chimes in Ejiro.

“That’s right a big opportunity for all of these men to show us what they can do in the SWF, they’ll need a lot of luck and stamina but its possible that we could see a Junior League wrester challenging for the SWF World Title in the near future! But folks we’re getting ahead of ourselves and the night isn’t anywhere near done yet!”

“Damn right it’s not Judge.” Annie chips in. “We’ve still got a Cage match on the cards tonight and Todd Royal and Spike Jenkins will finally be able to settle their differences inside a 15 foot Steel Cage! And our Main Event tonight a Two out of Three Falls Match Alan Clark against Landon Maddix to unify the SJL World and European Titles, and the winner of that match will advance to the SWF with a shot at the US champion under his belt. And as if that wasn’t enough the Insane Luchador returns to the SJL to personally referee this crucial match!”

“Two matches to look forwards to there Annie.” Justice says earnestly. “But before we bring you that its time for the SJL to get violent one last time in the Gund arena! Our next match pits two old adversaries, Manson and The Black Angel against one another one last time, these two have fought each other numerous times in the past and it seems only fitting that they should face one another one last time in the SJL’s closing days. These two men will be competing in a “One More For The Road Match” hardcore rules apply and both men MUST drink a beer after a near fall or they will be disqualified! Apart from that there are no rules in this match and when Aecas and Manson meet up its truly Anything Goes!”

The camera switches from the announcers table back into the ring as Funyon climbs the stairs and steps into the squared circle which the viewers note is surrounded by dozens of beer cans raising his microphone to his lips as he informs the fans packing the Gund Arena of the rules for the next match.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! The following contest is the One More For The Road match! Here are the rules, when a wrestler cores a near fall both men will have to drink a beer or they will be disqualified! And the match will be conducted under Hardcore Rules so anything goes!”

A loud pop from the fans greets this last statement before the cheers climb even higher as the arena goes dark for several long moments, a graveyard bell ringing ominously, the Smarktron displays a figure shrouded in darkness, stabs of lights highlighting the scales of a winding tattoo that spreads itself across his chest. The stabs of light travel slowly up the figures body highlighting the blank white orb of an eye as a deep voice reverberates through the arena speakers.

"Are you scared?"

The voice echoes for a moment before several voices speak as one.

"He's here..........."

Dark Funeral's “Dead Skin Mask” blasts out from the arena speakers as a lighting flash highlights Aecas on the Smarktron, a sadistic grin on his face. Red lights begin to strobe around the arena, like an alarm system gone wrong - or a system that is warning of imminent carnage. The Smarktron displays A E C A S with blood dripping onto the top of the words. A series of sadistic moves are shown before A E C A S appears again this time with blood oozing halfway down the words. Another series of brutal weapon shots and vicious bumps is shown before A E C A S flashes up again, blood pooling at the bottom of the letters.

As the Smarktron plays the movie, thick smoke boils up from the entranceway, filling the air and carpeting the floor, a blood red spotlight picks out Aecas as he stands deep in the depths of the smoke, an eerie silhouette will a large staff in one hand. Aecas raises the staff high above his head holding it high in both hands. A long wicked blade snaps forth from the staff as Aecas tips his head back spraying a mist of blood into the air, inciting a roar of approval from the crowd as he grins and holds up a hand disappearing backstage for a moment before he reappears pushing a shopping cart full of a variety of weaponry as he begins to stride down the aisle.

“Introducing first! Weighing 315lbs and hailing from Shrewsbury, England! He is THE BLACK ANGEL! AECAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The cheers of the fans continue to rise as the giant strides down the aisle finally halting in font of the ring and beginning to pull out an assortment of items from the shopping cart, several bundles of light tubes slide into the ring to a pop from the fans, followed by a couple of metal baking sheets, a matt black steel chair and even a barbed wire 2x4 board. Leaping up onto the apron he pauses for a moment, surveying the cheering fans for a moment before he steps through the ropes and into the ring. Aecas raises his Scythe high above his head to another pop from the fans before he tosses it out of the ring to the waiting Time Keeper who only just manages to catch it before he slowly begins to pace around the ring loosening his shoulders with a few quick stretches as he awaits his opponent.

“And Aecas certainly looks ready for Manson tonight.” Judge Observes

“So he should do Judge, this isn’t the first time these two men have sought and I doubt it will be the last either.” Says Ejiro as all three watch the pacing giant. “Aecas may have had backup on Crimson but he’s all alone tonight!

“He won’t need any backup Ejiro, this match is going to be one on one just like it should be with no sleazy referee in there to ruin it.” Says Annie before all three pauses as the arena lights drop into darkness once again though this time its boos that rise from the crowd as the second competitor makes his entrance.

Strobe lights begin to flash across the arena as Prong’s “Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck” hits the speakers the booing of the fans rising as they fight for dominance over the music. The music plays for a few long moments before Manson emerges from the entranceway throwing a fist into the air before he starts making his way down the ramp, completely ignoring the jeers and boos of the fans as his dark eyes are focused on the ring and the opponent within.

“And his opponent! From Denver, Colorado! Weighing 235lbs! MANSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Announces Funyon before making his way out of the ring and back to his seat at the Time Keepers table.

The fans boos only get louder as Funyon makes the introduction but still Manson gives no sign of caring as he slides into the ring casting a dismissive look at his opponent before he walks over to his corner crouching down with his back to the turnbuckles as he waits for the match to start.

“And Aecas isn’t the only one who is focused tonight, look at the game face on Manson! He’s as mentally prepared for this match as Aecas is, perhaps even more so!”

“That’s because he knows this is going to be a hard fight Judge.” Ejiro replies. “And you can bet Aecas knows that too, these two men know each other well and from the looks of things all that Gym time that Manson has been putting in has paid off big time, he’s looking in the best shape of his life right now and that might help swing this match in his favour.”

Back in the ring Aecas stops his pacing now staring directly at Manson as referee Eddy Long moves into the centre of the ring quickly checking the position of both wrestlers before stepping back and signalling to the Time Keeper to start the match.

DING! DING! DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manson reaches up, grabbing the second rope with both hands and pulling himself up to his feet and walking slowly towards Aecas, meeting his opponent in the centre of the ring. Aecas towers over his opponent but Manson shows no sign of intimidation, looking up at the Englishman for a long moment before reaching up high, slamming a hard punch into the face of his opponent. Aecas’ head jerks back slightly from the blow and he continues to stare down at Manson, as his opponent strikes him again…and again…to little discernable effect.

Manson finally kicks Aecas hard in the gut, and at last that seems to have some effect on his gigantic opponent as he doubles over slightly. Manson takes advantage of this small opening, letting another salvo of hard punches fly into Aecas’ face slowly forcing the big man backwards. Manson quickly runs for the ropes at the other end of the ring, rebounding and launching himself upwards to strike Aecas high in the chest with a huge Running Knee, staggering the big man once more.

“Manson starting out on the offensive here, but he’s going to have to pull out more than this to even faze Aecas.” Says Judge as he watches Manson continue to stagger his huge opponent.

“Just wait and see Judge, he’s a very resourceful man you just better hope that Aecas doesn’t underestimate him or this match could be over in a matter of seconds.” Ejiro replies.

Aecas tries to mount a comeback, lunging forwards with a decapitating Lariat attempt that sails over Manson’s head as the former Hate Machine ducks under that tree trunk like arm quickly grabbing the first thing that comes to hand and swinging it up as Aecas leans down to grab him.

CRACK!

The Black Angel staggers backwards into the ring ropes, his hands clutching his forehead as Manson smashes a steel baking sheet against it, shaking his head the giant pushes himself off the ropes and right into another devastating swing of the baking sheet as Manson goes berserk with the weapon slamming it again and again into the head of the Black Angel.

CRACK!

CRACK!

CRACK!

Manson forces Aecas back under the hail of blows backing him up into a corner, hurling aside the baking sheet that is now bent completely out of shape he quickly climbs up the turnbuckles slamming hard punches into Aecas’ face as he goes. Standing on the second rope Manson hooks an arm around Aecas’ neck before falling backwards off the turnbuckle, using all his weight to take Aecas down into a thunderous DDT!

Aecas’ head bounces off of the canvas and Manson wastes no time, sliding behind his opponent and dragging him up into a sitting position as he attempts to lock on his Gokuraku Choke trying to cross Aecas arms underneath his chin. Aecas is far from done however, his large hands breaking free of his opponents grip and shooting up to grab Manson by the hair, the giant slowly starts to get back to his feet as Manson tries to loosen the iron grip around his head. When he is about halfway to his feet Aecas suddenly sits down again pulling Manson with him by the hair and cracking his opponents chin against the top of his head as the “Black Angel” knocks his assailant away with a modified Jawbreaker.

“Aecas finally gets some offence off in this match, it’s a good job he did too or this match could have been over quickly if Manson had locked on that Gokuraku Gatme he likes to use!” Justice states as the fans pop as Aecas counters his opponents hold.

“That’s what Aecas has to be careful of Judge, just like I said so far its been all Manson in this match and Aecas could find himself choked out in an instant if he lets his guard down!” Rule replies the action continues.

Both men quickly get back to their feet, Manson being the faster is up first rubbing his jaw with one hand before running at the still rising Aecas dropkicking the big man hard in the knee. Aecas’ left leg gives out underneath him, foiling his attempt to get back to his feet as Manson presses the advantage, kicking at the knee joint every time Aecas tries to get up. Manson lets up with the kicks for a brief moment, only to come back at Aecas with a thunderous shot with a steel chair, denting the metal with Aecas’ face!

WHACK!

Aecas sways back slightly but grins at Manson, shaking his head and lifting his hands urging Manson to hit him again, he doesn’t have to urge much as the answer is short in coming.

WHACK!

Again Manson blasts Aecas with the chair once more and again he wants more. Manson lifts the steel chair high above his head intending to deliver a coup de grace with a single blow, the steel comes down hard and bends itself completely out of shape as it hits Aecas’ skull for the final time. The giant’s head bows from the force of the blow as Manson angrily throws the chair away from him, the booing of the fans ringing in his ears as he steps in behind Aecas once more, again looking for an opportunity to lock on the Gokuraku Gatme to end the match.

As Manson reaches for his opponent, Aecas twists away from his grasp, the big man rolling to one side and back up to his feet, in a surprising display of agility for someone so big, he rubs his forehead with a hand before grinning and wagging a finger at his opponent. Stung by this casual insult Manson chargers towards Aecas, the former Hate Machine ducks under a tree trunk like leg as Aecas tries for a Big Boot missing him by scant inches. Manson races past Aecas jumping onto the middle rope and using it to springboard himself backwards in a beautiful Moonsault, hitting Aecas just as he turns around. The big man staggers but doesn’t fall, his arms quickly wrapping around Manson’s body holding his squirming opponent tightly. The Black Angel turns around takes two running steps forwards and leaps into the air dragging Manson forwards and Powerslaming him backfirst into the canvas to a huge pop from the crowd.

“What a show of strength by Aecas! He caught Manson in mid air and planted him squarely with that Powerslam, shades of the British Bulldog there by the Black Angel!” Says Judge, fighting to make himself heard over the fans as the action begins to heat up.

“This is something Manson can’t afford to let happen. Going toe to toe with Aecas would be suicide; he needs to use his quickness and agility to beat this man and set him up for either the Diamond Cutter or that deadly Gokuraku Choke he likes to use!” Ejiro states starting to get into this match as much as the crowd now.

“While Aecas is sure to be looking to slow down the pace of this match because Manson still has the advantage when it comes to finishing manoeuvres because as we well know the Diamond Cutter can come out of anywhere and end a match in the blink of an eye!” Annie chips in as the action continues thick and fast.

No sooner has Manson hit the floor, than Aecas is on top of him, grabbing his hair and hauling him back up to his feet, grabbing his opponent by he leg and side he easily scoops up The Machine into a Sidewalk Slam position. Aecas pauses for a moment before jumping up high into the air, releasing Manson in mid air and hammering an elbow into his midriff as they land. Manson’s audibly “Ooofs” as the air is driven out of him from the impact of the slam and the hard elbow that followed it, he clutches his gut trying to draw air into his lungs as Aecas towers over him once more. Slowly pulling Manson up once again, Aecas steps behind his opponent, wrapping both arms around Manson’s middle with a waistlock before heaving him off of his feet with a huge Release German Suplex.

Manson sails through the air for a moment before landing HARD on his head and shoulders, he rolls over onto his front and back up to his knees before sagging backwards into a corner trying to figure out what just happened as Aecas drags him out of the corner laying on top of his opponent and hooking a leg for the first pinfall of the match.

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KICKOUT!

Manson kicks out strongly in the early goings of the match, Aecas twists away from his opponent and both men reach to the ring apron grabbing a can of beer and chugging it down as quickly as they possibly can. The Black Angel is the first to get back to his feet tossing away the beer can as he drags Manson back up to his feet scooping the former Hate Machine up into his arms before slamming his opponent back first into the corner, hooking his legs underneath the top turnbuckle.

“ Manson’s trapped in the Tree Of Woe! And we just saw the first instance of the One more For The Road Rule! Lets just hope these two don’t have one too many tonight!”

“ And Aecas has got another of those baking sheets and a stack of light tubes!” Cries Ejiro as the cheering of the fans gets louder and louder as more weapons are introduced into the match.

Aecas holds the sheet and the light tubes up high, getting a roar of approval from the crowd before placing the tubes over Manson’s face as he hangs helplessly upside down before placing the Baking sheet carefully on top of them. Aecas walks across the ring into the opposite corner, staring at Manson for a moment an evil grin spreading across his face before he charges across the ring! At the last possible moment the giant leaps into the air and plants both feet into the baking sheet, dropkicking it into the light tubes and sending shards of glass right into Manson’s face!

“OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

Manson’s body flops out of the corner, collapsing onto the mat after that huge impact and laying limp on the canvas, a series of bloody cuts visible on his skull as he lads amid the shattered glass, the chants of the fans echoing throughout the arena as Aecas slides under the bottom rope and out of the ring.

“What a shot by Aecas! He just drove those light tubes right into Manson’s face! What’s this maniac looking for now!” Cries Judge wincing as he watches Manson topple back into the shards of glass.

“He’s going back to that shopping cart Judge!” Yells Ejiro as he follows Aecas’ movements outside the ring.

“How much do you want to bet Manson is glad he brought that shirt out to the ring with him?!” Cries Annie as she too watches and wonders what Aecas is going to pull out next.

There is only one item left in the shopping cart and Aecas pulls it out and holds it high over his head, the crowd now screaming for blood rise up to their feet shaking the building with their cheers as he holds a black cricket bat wrapped in barbed wire above his head. Placing the bat on the apron, Aecas hefts the shopping cart next, tossing it into the ring with a clatter of steel before retrieving the bat and sliding back into the squared circle.

“What the… that’s the Equalizer!” Ejiro cries, eyes going wide at the sight of that infamous weapon.

“It sure is! It looks like Janus has been giving Aecas more than just ideas about an alliance!” Says Annie, shouting over the deafening cheers of the fans as Aecas slides back into the ring retrieving the bat before walking to the centre of the ring.

Aecas drops the cricket bat in the centre of the ring before hauling his opponent to the centre, he lifts Manson up to his feet dragging him to the centre of the ring standing over the Equaliser before shoving his head between his legs and looking out at the crows with a grin, drawing his thumb across his neck in a throat slitting motion.

“The Executioner! Aecas is going to try and end it here!” Yells Judge.

“Oh no no no! He’s not going to drop him on the Equaliser is he?!” Shouts Ejiro.

“You’re damn right he is! He’s sick! This man is literally sick Ejiro! And that’s what we like about him!” Annie shouts gleefully as the Hardcore Queen never takes her eyes away from the in ring action.

Aecas leans down, wrapping his arms around Manson’s waist and bunching his legs before lifting his opponent high up into the air onto his shoulders, The Machine starts to fall backwards and the knowledge of the predicament he is in galvanises him into action. Manson grabs Aecas’ head in both hands as the giant tries to push him down, and starts hammering punch after punch into his face and finally rakes at Aecas’ eyes. Aecas’ grip loosens as he tries to protect his eyes giving Manson all the opportunity he needs to slide off the Black Angel’s shoulders and wrap an arm around his neck, and DDT’S AECAS HEADFIRST ONTO THE BARBED WIRE!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

“Oh my GOD! Manson just drove Aecas’ face into the barbed wire!”

“What goes around definitely comes around Judge!”

Aecas’ heels drum on the canvas for a moment as blood seeps from half a dozen cuts on his forehead, but his teeth are bared in a manic grin and as the cameras get closer they can hear a very maniacal and unsettling laughter coming from his throat between breaths. Manson pulls himself up to his feet and stands on wobbly legs as he clears his head, looking down at his still fallen opponent he runs towards the nearest ring ropes. Manson leaps onto the second rope, the cable bending under his weight before he springboards off, curving his body in another Asai Moonsault at his fallen opponent. Manson sails gracefully through the air, but his face becomes a mask of horror as Aecas rolls out of the way, and there’s nothing to break his fall but the barbed wire!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

The fans continue to chant as Manson writhes in pain in the ring, the barbed wire now blooded with the life fluid of both opponents, Aecas pulls himself up to his feet, the blood dripping from his face as he grins down at Manson slowly stooping to pick up the barbed wire cricket bat. Hefting the weapon he brings it to his lips, his tongue flicking out of his mouth as he licks some of the blood from the barbs, lacerating his tongue in the process but not seeming to care a jot. He raises the bat up high before bringing it down HARD, slamming the barbed wire into Manson’s gut for a second time, and then a third time on the former Hate Machine’s back as he rolls over trying to escape the punishment of the wire.

“I can’t believe this guy Ejiro! Licking blood off of Barbed Wire?!” Judge says grimacing in disgust at the savage sight in front of him

“Face facts Judge, if this guy was a dog he’d have been put down YEARS ago.” Ejiro says distaste obvious in his voice. “Both men are bleeding from that barbed wire! Somebody needs to get that thing out of the ring!”

“Nobody can Ejiro! There’s no rules here!” Annie says gleefully as the carnage continues.

Aecas drops the bloody bat once more, he grabs the shopping trolley, upending it and shoving it into a corner, wedging the metal cart into the turnbuckles, turning around the Black Angel leans down, one huge hand closing around Manson’s neck hauling him bodily up to his feet. Aecas gets ready to send his opponent for a ride on the wrong end of a Chokeslam, but as he places a hand on Manson’s back Hate Personified fights back, his right foot snapping upwards to kick Aecas squarely in the crotch. The giant yells in pain, his grip loosening around Manson’s throat. Grabbing a street sign from the mat Manson staggers Aecas with a HARD shot to his already bloody face and then grabs the larger mans arms, trying to Irish Whip him into the shopping cart. Even with all his strength, Manson can’t shift the bigger man and with a tremendous heave Aecas reverses the Irish Whip, sending his opponent crashing back first into the shopping cart!

Manson’s back arches as he hits the steel and slumps down to sit on the canvas, Aecas moves to the corner diagonally opposite Manson, still favouring his groin from the nasty kick he received but one arm urges Manson to get back to his feet as Aecas crouches ready in the corner. Manson slowly starts to get up to his feet, the fans also rising as they anticipate what is to come as Aecas suddenly charges across the ring, head first straight for Manson. Instead of hitting flesh Aecas crashes straight into the shopping cart as Manson barely manages to avoid the huge GORE directed at him, the fans let out another collective “OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” as the sheer force of the impact puts a huge dent in the trolley.

“Aecas just GORED the Shopping Cart!” Yells Judge wincing from the sheer impact of head meeting metal.

“This is Manson’s big chance Judge! Aecas is hurt! Now he HAS to capitalise!” Ejiro cries clearing loving the sight of the Black Angel diving headfirst into solid metal.

Aecas slowly begins to pull himself away from the wreckage of the shopping cart, slowly getting back up to his feet, Manson once again goes to the ropes, springboarding of the second rope for a third time and planting both feet into Aecas’ face knocking the giant back a pace and spinning him around. Manson lands heavily on the canvas but is quickly back to his feet, seemingly getting a second wind now that Aecas is on the defensive once more, quickly ascending the corner he leaps forwards grabbing Aecas’ head and dragging the big man down with him and BULLDOGS AECAS ON THE BARBED WIRE!

The fans start up yet another “HOLY SHIT!” chant as Aecas’ face is driven straight into the barbed wire for a second time, the Black Angel lays seemingly motionless on the canvas, blood pouring from the cuts on his face and his neck. Manson looks down at his huge opponent for a moment before he moves to the side of the ring gathering up the remaining half dozen light tubes that are left and piling them in the centre of the ring. Moving back to his gigantic opponent the former Hate Machine grabs Aecas by the hair and forcibly heaves the Black Angel back up to his feet stepping in behind his huge opponent and wrapping his arms firmly around the giant’s waist. Manson pauses for a moment before heaving with all his strength taking Aecas off his feet and DROPPING HIM HEADFIRST ONTO THE LIGHT TUBES WITH A GERMAN SUPLEX!

Another faecal chant rings out from the jam packed crowd as Aecas’ head and neck is driven into the glass shards Manson’s body bridging up the muscle straining to hold his massive opponent in place as Eddy Long counts the pinfall once again.

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO AND A HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KICKOUT!

Aecas still manages a strong kickout and slump down to the glass covered canvas slowly crawling his way over towards the apron as blood pours down his front and back, one large hand grabbing another can of beer cracking it open and tilting his head back as he succeeds in pouring most of its contents into his mouth. Across the ring Manson is slugging down a second beer of his own tossing the can away before tearing off the wreckage of his shirt his chest and back covered in a myriad of blood cuts almost a mirror image of Aecas’ own as he wipes some of the blood out of his eyes before casting the destroyed garment aside.

“And that’s a second near fall and a second beer for both men! And Aecas got a taste of the glass as well! Right in the back of his head! And you have to wonder just how much longer these two men are going to be able to keep going!” States Judge shaking his head at the sheer destruction taking place in the squared circle.

Aecas slowly pulls himself back up to his feet, using the ropes for leverage as he slowly turns to face Manson, both men locking eyes from across the ring, both knowing that this conflict is still not concluded, both men hurt, but both still ready to go the distance. Both men suddenly rush for one another, as if some unseen signal set them off, Manson ducks under another huge Lariat attempt from Aecas putting on the brakes and wrapping his arms around the giant’s waist. Time seems to pause for a moment until with a roar of effort Manson takes Aecas completely off his feet, slamming him down on the back of his head once more with another HUGE German Suplex!

“What a Herculean effort by Manson! He took Aecas all the way up and over twice in less than a minute!”

“But its still going to take more than that to put either one of these men away Judge and now Manson is looking for something on the outside as well!” Annie says as the three watch the former Hate Machine slide out of the ring and yank back the ring cover, looking into the darkness underneath the ring before he finds what he is searching for as Aecas rolls unseen to the apron on the other side of the ring, knocking away several beer cans as he starts to recover from the impact.

The fans erupt into cheers once again as Manson pulls a stack of light tubes out from under the ring sliding the huge bundle of light tubes into the ring before dragging the long brown form of a table from the ring, sliding it after the light tubes to another loud pop from the fans. The former Hate Machine slides himself into the ring and goes immediately to the table slowly extending the legs and standing it up before he moves for the light tubes. As Manson picks up the light tubes Aecas has slowly gotten back up to his feet and is steadily climbing up the turnbuckles the fans stirring once again as he reaches the top eagerly anticipating his next move. But it is not to be as Manson slides the light tubes onto the table he catches sight of his giant opponent perched on the top rope and quickly pushes referee Eddy long into the ring ropes, the sudden jerk destroying Aecas’ sure footing and crotching the giant on the top turnbuckle with a huge shout of pain that mingles with the loud boos of the crowd.

“Smart move by Manson using the referee to his advantage, and there is nothing that Eddy Long can do about it in this match whether he likes it or not!” Ejiro gloats.

“And Aecas is in a very bad place right now completely at Manson’s mercy!” cries Judge as the former Hate Machine begins to climb up the turnbuckles after the Black Angel, slowly pulling Aecas up with him until both men are standing precariously on the top turnbuckle. The two men jockey for position until Aecas slams an elbow into the side of Manson’s head, his opponent sagas and almost falls from the top before Aecas huge right hand wraps around his throat, the fans explode into cheers once again as Aecas tosses Manson’s left arm over his shoulder. The Black Angel grabs the waistband of Manson’s jean shorts and leaps off the top turnbuckle, dragging Manson with him by the throat and sitting out AS HE CHOKESLAMS MANSON THROUGH THE LIGHT TUBE TABLE FROM THE TOP!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

”Chokeslam from the top! All the way down into hell! This has got to be it!” Screams Judge as Aecas slumps over his prone opponent glass shards and table splinters digging into their flesh as Eddy Long drops to his front counting the pinfall once again.

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO AND A HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO AND THREE QUARTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fans rise up to their feet once again boos and shouts of disbelief shaking the arena as Manson’s shoulder clears the canvas at the last second, Aecas slowly pushes himself back up to his feet, blood dripping liberally from his body as he puts his hands on his hips shaking his head slowly as he looks down at a man who refuses to lose. The Black Angel slowly moves to the outside of the ring bending down to retrieve one of the beer cans before he feels something hit him on the shoulder, looking up he sees an SJL fan offering him a full bottle of beer and the giant takes it with a grin, starting to chug down the beer to another pop from the crowd. Manson slowly drags himself from the wreckage of the table grabbing a can of beer and opening it slowly but surely slugging the beer to avoid an ignominious disqualification.

“I can’t see this contest lasting much longer, both of these men have pounded the hell out of one another and they’ve got to be coming close to the end of their endurance.”

Aecas finishes the beer and looks back at Manson who is propping himself up as he finishes the can, the death mask smile fixed on the Black Angel’s face gets evil deadlier as he turns the bottle in his hand holding it by the neck and turning back towards his opponent raising the bottle slowly to several alarmed gasps and cheers from the fans.

“Oh no! He’s not going to! No fucking way!” Shouts Ejiro as Aecas’ intentions become more and more obvious.

Manson looks up at the last second as Aecas brings the bottle crashing down on top of his shaved head, the bottle shattering in an explosion of shattered glass, the former Hate Machine shouting in pain and clutching at the top of his head as it sports a web of fresh cuts.

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

“I don’t believe what I’m seeing Judge! Aren’t there laws against that sort of thing?!” Ejiro cries shouting over the deafening chants of the fans.

Manson lurches back up to his feet fresh blood streaming down his face, soaking into his beard as his rage gets the better of him, the former Hate Machine seizing the barbed wire 2x4 from the canvas twisting around and cracking it against Aecas’ forehead as the Black Angel starts to climb back into the ring, sending the giant tumbling back to the outside.

“And Aecas just took that barbed wire 2x4 right in the face! A 2x4 on its own is bad enough but wrapped up in barbed wire its pure hell!” Yells Judge as Manson start to slide out of the ring after his opponent.

“It’s a standard fact Judge! Everything is better when its wrapped in barbed wire!” Rule shouts as Aecas lifts the ring cover searching underneath the ring as he shakes blood out of his eyes.

Manson’s feet hit the floor as Aecas pulls away from the ring apron slowly standing back up and turning to face his opponent the fans erupting as they see what he’s holding in his hand.

It’s a pot plant.

A pot plant covered with barbed wire.

“What the hell is this now?!” Shouts Ejiro. “He’s taking a pot plant against a 2x4?!”

“Like you said yourself Ejiro! Everything’s better wrapped in barbed wire!” Cries Annie as all eyes are on the two men, bloodied and battered facing off against one another, barbed wire eager to pierce their flesh one last time.

Aecas and Manson stare at one another for a long moment weapons held at the ready before Manson attacks the giant once again charging forwards and swinging the barbed wires 2x4 at the head of his huge opponent. The 2x4 whistles through the air as Aecas ducks under the vicious swing, both men spinning around to face one another once more but this time its Aecas who lunges…

SMASH!

…And shatters the barbed wire pot plant on Manson’s head! The Black Angel grabs his staggering opponent as Manson’s hands go to his eyes, trying to clear the stinging mix of soil and blood from his vision, stumbling blindly as Aecas throws him back in the ring, sliding in after him as he grabs the Equalizer once again raising it high to a huge pop from the fans before placing it in the centre of the ring once again. Grabbing his blinded opponent once more Aecas shoves Manson’s head between his legs quickly making a throat cutting gesture before he leans forwards wrapping his arms around the waist of the former Hate Machine and lifting him, up to his shoulders.

“And Manson has been blinded! He’s completely at the mercy of the Black Angel and we can all see what Aecas has got planned!” Cries Judge as the fans shoot back up to their feet as they sense that the end is nigh.

“He’s finishing what he started Judge!” Cries Annie, all eyes on the centre of the ring as Aecas lets Manson topple backwards, hanging upside down as Aecas keeps his legs tightly gripped to his shoulders. The Black Angel holds Manson there for a brief moment before he leaps high into the air spinning around and DRIVING HIM HEADFIRST ONTO THE BARBED WIRE WITH THE EXECUTIONER!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

HOLY SHIT!

“Executioner right on the Equaliser!” Cries Judge as the fans continue their deafening chant. “And will this be enough?! Good god what will it take to keep Manson down if its not!?”

Aecas lets Manson’s prone body fall and wearily leans forwards crossing the arms of the former Hate Machine over his chest in a Darkness pin as he pins his opponent one last time.

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO AND A HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWO AND THREE QUARTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DING! DING! DING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aecas slumps back to the glass covered canvas, his huge chest heaving as the exertions of the match finally catch up with him, staring up at the ceiling as Dark Funeral’s “Dead Skin Mask” hits the speakers once again, barely audible over the cheering of the fans as Funyon raises his microphone once more.

“The winner of the match by pinfall! THE BLACK ANGEL AECAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“And mercifully this match is over folks!” Says Judge.

“Mercifully? What do you mean Judge we knew this match wasn’t going to be pretty from the start.” Says Annie raising an eyebrow a she looks over at the older man.

“Very true Annie but I didn’t expect it to be quite like this but one things for sure, Manson took Aecas to the limit of his endurance and this match could easily have gone either way!”

“I wouldn’t question that at all Judge, Aecas looks like he just walked through a minefield and Manson doesn’t look much better, these two guys gave it all they had for the last show of the SJL and nobody can fault them on that!”

Aecas slowly rolls out of the ring to the outside, the giant leaning against the ring for a long moment his bloody chest rising and falling with his breath as he slowly makes his way around the ring retrieving his Scythe from the Time Keepers table and starting to slowly make his way back up the aisle closely followed by Manson. The Black Angel turns back to look at his opponent for a long moment before giving him a nod which the former Hate Machine returns, both men shake hands briefly and head up the ramp together, for the moment forgetting their rivalry as they stand on the stage looking out at the fans, every single one of them on their feet. Aecas grabs Manson’s right arm with his free hand and raises it into the air to another huge pop from the fans as they salute the effort of both men before they slowly turn and disappear backstage.

“Aecas and Manson once again giving us a match to remember them by.” Says Judge as the fans finally start to calm down once again. “Just like you said Annie they gave it their all in this match as much as they don’t want to see the JL end they want to make it go out with a bang. We hope you enjoyed that match folks because we’ve still got two more to go right now! The Title Unification match is still to come, who will be leaving the SJL with the gold, Alan Clark? Or Landon Maddix. There’s only one way to find out folks and that’s to stay tuned but coming up next Todd Royal and Spike Jenkins are going to settle their differences in a Steel Cage match! Stay tuned folks and we’ll be right back after these announcements!”

*CLICK*

The camera opens on Todd Royal’s locker room, a sparsely decorated hole-in-the-wall that is not unlike every other locker room in the Gund. On the far bench, sit two figures, the large, stoic Royal- staring straight ahead as he wraps his wrists in tape, and the smaller, more frantic Megan Skye- twiddling her fingers in her hair as she chews nervously on her hair. Kicking a towel across the locker room, Royal climbs to his feet.

“Where the hell is Landon?” Royal snaps, pivoting on his sock covered foot to face Megan.

“Huh? I dunno…I’m not in charge of Landon. Why would I know where he is. We’re BUSINESS partners…” Skye stammers, leaping off the bench and staring at the ground.

“The hell is wrong with you? I think you need to cut down on the caffeine, honey. As a matter of fact, cut the soda all together- we got an image to uphold.” Royal quips, patting his stomach.

“Wha…I…”

“He better get here soon. This is a rather important night. I don’t want Alan Clark walking out of Cleveland with all the belts. I want him crying and screaming like the piece of crap he is. And if I’M not going to get a chance to make it happen, I’m damn sure going to be here to see it.”

“Y’know, I’m sure he’ll be here. Landon knows how important this night is. He hates Clark as much as you do, and he’s not going to let you dow…”

Megan doesn’t even have time to finish, however, as Royal cuts her off, talking not so much to her as to himself.

“But you know, I think I may have an even better job tonight. Landon can take Alan Clark, beat him from pillar to post, and walk out with the Unified Championship. I’m OK with that. I like the guy. But for me, tonight’s about a lot more.

Tonight’s the last night for Spike Jenkins in the SJL. A place where he toiled for months and months, watching other- better- men pass him by. A place that held him down for longer than he’d care to remember. Tonight should be a victory, a celebration of finally escaping, finally making his way to freedom. But I’m going to make sure he doesn’t even walk out of here tonight.

It was almost two months ago when you humiliated me Spike, and ever since then I’ve been getting my revenge. People say “wasn’t it enough you embarrassed him and attacked him in the middle of the ring?” Not even close. They complain “aren’t you satisfied after you pinned him, got back your win?” Not in this lifetime. I get e-mails and phone calls, dripping with concern, saying “hasn’t he had enough, being spit on and disrespected?” Yeah. Right.

TONIGHT it ends. All that was just the set up. See, no one gets one over on Todd Royal and walks away on their own terms. Ask English Dragon, oh wait- he QUIT. Ask Danny Conklin- nope he quit too. Landon Maddix? He saw the light and joined the House of Todd. Aecas? He might tell you a tale about the time I crippled his giant ass and took his world title. You could ask Alan Clark, but the moron went psycho and joined a commune or something.

I’d go on listing names, but there AREN’T any more. NO one else has beat me, and NONE of those guys came out of it the same way the were before. So go ahead. Step in that cage tonight, Spike. Because if you thought all that disrespect, all that humiliation was bad, tonight- TONIGHT- will be a night you never forget. Two men walk in, and only I walk out.

We may both be moving on after tonight, Spike, but I’m gonna make something perfectly clear out there. Only ONE of us is Major League Material.”

Royal smiles as he storms out of the room, slamming the bathroom door and exiting the frame. As water runs in the background, Megan giggles, shooting a glare at the camera and closing the door in it’s frame.

*CLICK*

As we return from commercial break, we find the standing-room only crowd in the Gund Arena doing just that, standing. All eyes are turned to the SmarkTron, where one of many “best of the SJL” videos is playing. Some people have tears in their eyes as highlights flash by to the tune of Semisonic‘s “Closing Time”, while others sport huge grins. In the center of this mass of humanity, the SJL ring crew is putting together a steel cage, smiles on their own faces. As the video comes to an end, and the fans erupt in cheers, the camera swings to the announce position.

Judge: We’re back in the Gund Arena, Cleveland O-HI-O, for the very last show in the history of the Smarks Junior Leagues.

Annie: We’re closing the League down the right way, with one of the most loaded shows in recent memory. We’ve seen Jimmy Liston and Jacob Helmsley battle over a $25,000 contract, and an epic brawl for the ages between Manson and Aecas.

Ejiro: And in our main event, Landon Maddix and his European title clash with Alan Clark and the SJL World Championship. The winner of that match, the last in SJL history, will walk out with all the marbles.

Judge: But up next, months of frustration come to a head inside a steel cage. “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins, Todd Royal, one last time in the SJL. There’s a lot of frustration coming to a head in this one, and I expect the blood to flow liberally in this one.

As Judge Mental runs down the history of the feud, the camera slowly fades to a shot of the middle of the arena. The crew has cleared, and the cage now stands solidly around the ring. The camera picks up signs in the crowd reading “Welcome Back Rickmen!!”, “I‘ll miss Alan Clark!” and “Lock Royal up for GOOD!”, as it swings back to the cage. The voice of the SJL, Funyon steps into the ring, wireless mic in hand, and dressed in his fanciest tux.

Funyon: Ladies and gentlemen…the following contest is a STEEL CAGE MATCH…scheduled for one fall…with NO time limit. Your referee for this bout…Anthony Michael Hall.

The crowd, most of whom normally mock Hall, stand and applaud his last match in an SJL official’s uniform. As Hall nods his appreciation, the lights in the arena slowly fade to blackness.

The crowd in the Gund stand in unified distaste for the man about to come through the curtain, as the soft praise of a gospel choir can be heard over the PA system. The camera pans away from the ring, catching a glimpse of the row of robed singers that line the entrance way. Each man and woman holds a candle, and the lines come to a head at the stage, where a huge mass of singers stands flanking the entrance way.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

A single spotlight falls from the rafters, illuminating a huge stained glass portrait of Landon Maddix, Megan Skye kneeling at the feet of a haloed Todd Royal. The booing of the crowd escalates as the choir breaks into song.

“HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH, HAAALLLEEEJJJUJJJAAAAHHH!”

With a small explosion, blue and white strobe lights flash on across the arena. The gospel singers fade away as the loudspeakers blast the sounds of AC/DC’s “Shoot to Thrill”.

“All you women who want a man of the street…

But you don’t know which way you wanna turn.

Just keep a-comin and put your hand out to me…

‘Cause I’m the one whose gonna make you burn.”

The curtain parts, and is pulled away, as a lone figure steps into the spotlight. Her hair in pigtails, and a pink and black cheerleader’s outfit pulled tightly over her body, Megan Skye flashes a sly grin and nods her head briefly. Briefly inching up her skirt before dropping it back down and giggling, Skye spins around, pointing at the entrance.

“I’m gonna take you down. Down, Down, Down…

So don’t you fool around…

I’m gonna pull it- pull it- pull the trigger!!”

Megan steps aside, and Todd Royal explodes from behind the curtain. Sunglasses over his eyes, but with a grin across his face, Todd spins around, soaking in the jeers and taunts. His attire is different than usual- the style remains static, but the color scheme is altered. Wearing white tights, with red and gold flames, Royal reflects the strobe lights like a star. Stroking his chin and strutting off of the stage, Todd hooks arms with Megan.

“Shoot to thrill, play to kill…

Too many women, with too many pills, yeah…

Shoot to thrill, play to kill…

I got my gun at the ready gonna fire at will!

YEAH!”

Walking past the stoic choir boys and girls, Royal and Skye approach the ring. Wringing his hands and shaking the cage, Todd’s grin fades- replaced with a serious look of dread. Gulping and nodding to Megan, Royal sheds his vest and climbs up the stairs. At the top of the stairs, he pauses, looking up at the steel enclosure.

The crowd boos his hesitance, but Todd quickly recovers, stepping up to the apron of the ring. Smirking, he pauses again, and takes a step back. The crowd’s hatred becomes audibly louder, as Todd’s grin remains the same. Repeating this drill twice more, Royal incenses the crowd until a soda flies from the crowd, smacking him hard in the back of the head. Todd’s grin widens, and he finally steps into the ring. Picking a bit of lint off Funyon’s suit, Royal takes in the boos once again.

“Shoot to thrill, play to kill…

Too many women, with too many pills…

Shoot to thrill, play to kill…

I got my gun at the ready gonna fire at will.

‘Cause I shoot to thrill, and I’m ready to kill…

I can’t get enough, I can’t get my fill…”

Ejiro: Take a good long look, because this is the last time you’ll see Todd Royal in an SJL ring. A week or two from now, he’ll be an SWF superstar, and I’ll be glad I retired, because he’ll run rampant over the WF.

Annie: There’s no doubt that Todd Royal is an incredible athlete, but he’s going to be put to the test right now. Standing across that ring will be a man he beat a week ago, and embarrassed in the middle of the ring on Crimson.

Judge: Spike Jenkins will be out for revenge, that’s for sure, but there’s still some lingering hate from Todd Royal. Spike beat him a month ago in a no-holds-barred match, and that stings, especially for someone with an ego as big as Todd’s. If he can win THIS match, his bloodlust may be taken care of.

The music fades out, and the lights come back on, as the raucous jeering finally dies down to a dull roar. The crowd spins as one, looking expectantly at the entrance way, as blue lights begin to flash across the stage. A deafening pop shakes the rafters as on the screen, behind the stained glass portrait, an old-time movie countdown ticks down from 3...2...1...

*SHATTER!*

The stained glass portrait explodes, along with the crowd, as the Tron shows a panoramic view of the famous Hollywood sign. As Hotwire’s “Not Today” erupts from the speaker system, an invisible hand pulls back the curtain.

“I’m Calling…

I’m calling you…

NO!”

Applause echoes from every corner of the Gund as Spike Jenkins steps through the curtain, his head bowed, and a black hood covering his eyes. Standing still and making no indication of even hearing the cheers, Jenkins never even flinches as a wall of white pyrotechnics erupts from the stage, masking Spike from the maniacal crowd.

“I’m calling…a traitor…

Who’s never lost a thing,

who’s always killing me!”

As the light show fizzles out, Spike Jenkins jumps up and down, hopping from left foot to right before leaping off the stage and into the aisle. Slapping hands enthusiastically with the fans along the aisle, Spike has to periodically stop to get mobbed by overzealous teenage girls. Security swarms to pull some fans away, but one young girl leaps over the guardrail, wrapping her arms around Jenkins and planting kisses on him.

“Now we all know…

You got shut down, you got shut down…

How does it feel?

To get shuuuutttt down…”

The security guards leap the barricade to pull the young girl off, leaving the mob behind the railing to swarm at their hero. As Spike laughs and heads for the ring, the barricade suddenly collapses, sending a mass of Spike Jenkins fans sprawling into the aisle. Jenkins turns around shocked, slapping hands with the downed fans as the guards try to herd them back into their seats.

Annie: WOW! The fans here in the Gund are going insane for Spike Jenkins! I don’t know if I’ve ever seen the fans just tear down the barricades to get to a wrestler like that. You can tell where these fans loyalty’s lie.

“You’re so predictable!

It’s so sensational!

Don’t change a thing…

You’re so predictable!

It’s so sensational!

Don’t change a thing…

Uh.”

Spike grins as he nears the ring, eyeing first the cage, then his opponent. He mockingly blows a kiss at Megan before circling the ring, slapping hands with audience members on all sides of the ring area. Stopping at the timekeeper’s table, Spike tosses back his hood, soaking in the jeers and smiling. Reaching down, and grabbing a chair from the timekeeper, Jenkins hurls it over the cage and into the ring.

*CRASH!*

As the chair hit’s the canvas, Royal scowls, picking it up and kicking it out the door. Spike’s back is already turned, however, as he reaches for a second chair. Tossing it over the steel wall again, Spike continues to piss off Todd.

*CRASH!*

“You’re so predictable!

It’s so sensational!

Don’t change a thing…

You’re so predictable!

It’s so sensational!

Don’t change a thing…

Don’t change a thing!!!”

The music fades away as Todd Royal kicks the second chair, sending it out the door and to ringside. The crowd boos, but Spike picks up the weapon tossing it into the ring as he gets in the door. As Anthony Michael Hall locks the door, Royal retrieves the weapon, hurling it over the cage and back to ringside and drawing the fans ire again.

Annie: Spike looks like he’s trying to start the match with a bang, but Royal’s obviously opposed to the use of chairs in this bout.

Judge: You can understand the hesitancy on the part of Todd Royal. When Spike beat Royal, he had chairs, stairs and everything else on his side. Royal has to figure the only way he can topple Jenkins is with his bare hands.

Annie: But there’s NO escaping the fact that the cage WILL come into play tonight.

Ejiro: I’m sure our Todd and Savior has a plan to use the steel to his advantage. He’s NOT going to let Royal beat him twice.

As the lights go up in the arena, Funyon steps into the middle of the ring. With Todd Royal on his right, and Spike Jenkins on his left, the voice of the SJL raises the microphone to his lips.

Funyon: Announcing first, to my right…accompanied to the ring by Megan Skye, and weighing in at two hundred and twenty pounds…he hails from San Diego, California…he is a former SJL World Television Champion…a former SJL European Heavyweight champion…and a TWO TIME former SJL World Heavyweight Champion…TODD ROYAL!!

Royal takes a slight bow as the announcer takes a brief pause to let the crowd air out a stream of curses and jeers. Spike just smiles as Funyon raises the microphone again.

Funyon: And his opponent…from Hollywood, California…weighing in tonight at two hundred and twenty five pounds…he is a former SJL World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion… “HOLLYWOOD”…SPIKE JENKINS!!!

The crowd roars, drawing a raised fist from Spike, and a scowl from Todd Royal. Funyon nods to each competitor and steps out of the ring and the crowd continues to cheer. Royal steps back, looking to begin the match, but the crowd continues cheering, bringing a massive grin to the face of Jenkins.

“SPIKE!” “SPIKE!” “SPIKE!” “SPIKE!”

Annie: What a crowd we have here at the home of the SJL. They know how long Jenkins has been here, how much he has given to this company, how much he has fought through, and their showing their appreciation here, much to the chagrin of Todd Royal.

The crowd finally dies down, and Spike backs off as well, as Hall looks each man in the eye and signals for the bell.

*DING* *DING* *DING*

Judge: Ladies and gentlemen…here we go.

As the bell rings, the arena buzzes with anticipation. Anthony Michael Hall steps back, waving the competitors together as the last echoes of the bell die out. Todd Royal smiles a bit and takes a step forward, daring his opponent to join him. Jenkins smirks and steps up as well, standing nose-to-nose with Royal. Both men begin to talk, quietly but forcefully trash-talking to their opponent. The camera zooms in through one of the links in the cage, and a few words can be made out through the reading of lips. “Kill” … “sonovabitch” … “cripple”… “piece of”…

Making the first move, Spike Jenkins plants the palms of his hands on the sternum of his opponent, pushing off and forcing Royal to take a step back. The crowd applauds, as Todd scowls, turning around to glare at the crowd. Spike cracks a smile, but Royal spins back, howling and driving his forearm at Spike’s head.

*WHOOSH*

Acutely aware, Jenkins ducks his head, pivoting to face his opponent as Royal spins past him. Todd skids to a stop, nodding and smirking as he slowly turns back to face his opponent.

Annie: Royal was looking to catch Spike off guard with that forearm shot, but Jenkins just out-quicked him, ducking the blow and sending Todd on his heels.

Judge: I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of that strategic “feeling-out” process early on here. Not because of unfamiliarity, because these two know each other well, but because of the structure surrounding them. Both men know the danger it poses.

Todd takes a deep breath and adjusts his wrist tape before stepping back into the center of the ring. A foot in front of him, Spike takes a quick breath of his own, bouncing back and forth between his feet. Tossing out his arms, Royal steps forward, engaging his opponent in a collar-and-elbow tie-up.

Both men’s feet work frantically as they grapple for position, and the leverage immediately switches back and forth, rocking the competitors like a see-saw. Royal drops to one knee and spins his hips, trying to take Jenkins to the mat. Spike stands his ground, however, spinning with his opponent and jerking Todd back to his feet. Keeping the advantage, Jenkins steps forward, forcing Todd to backpedal across the ring. After a moment, Royal’s back collides with the cage, and Todd immediately breaks, sliding out of the lock-up and eyeing the cage as he shuffles back to the middle of the ring.

Ejiro: Good move by Todd. He can’t let Spike back him into a corner and use that cage as a weapon. Royal has to work from HIS position, and he’s showing Jenkins that right now.

Spike rolls his eyes at Todd, but Royal nods his head and calls his opponent back over. Holding out both arms again, Todd ties up with his opponent, pulling Jenkins into his body and hooking on a headlock. A smile breaks out over Royal’s face as he grinds with his forearm, but Spike quickly reacts, pulling out of the hold and taking Todd’s arm with him, hooking Royal in a hammerlock.

Judge: Not exactly the way Royal wanted to start, with Spike quickly reversing a hold into one of his own.

Annie: Jenkins knows all to well how Todd likes to work, and you better believe he has it scouted. Royal’s going to have to work twice as hard tonight to get the same results with Jenkins.

Todd curses and reaches up with his free hand, hooking it around Spike’s head. Before he can capitalize however, Spike cuts him off, drilling Royal in the back of the head with a forearm shot. Todd doubles over and staggers forward, but quickly recovers, scissoring Jenkins ankle and diving to the mat, spinning out of the hammerlock with a drop-toe-hold.

Ejiro: See, no matter how many counter holds Spike crammed into his head over the last few days, he won’t outwrestle Todd.

Judge: If you remember, the last time these two hooked up one-on-one it was a back and forth, anything-you-can-do-I-can-do-better type of match. These are two evenly matched competitors.

As soon as Spike hits the mat, Royal floats up from the ankle, capturing Jenkins’ arm and hooking it into a hammerlock of his own. Spike reacts by scrambling on the mat, attempting to spin out of the hold, but Todd scramble with him, keeping his grip on Jenkins’ wrist as he floats over into a front-chancery. As Todd digs in, Spike slams his hand into the mat in frustration.

Annie: This early grappling is as much psychological as it is physical, as both men- Royal especially- want to show that they can get the advantage without the help of the cage, before using it later on to keep the momentum.

Jenkins climbs to his knees, using his hands to prevent Royal from converting the chancery into a chokehold. Quickly spinning his hips, Jenkins breaks the hold, scrambling behind Todd and wrapping his legs around Royal’s head.

Judge: Nice escape by Spike Jenkins…

A frustrated Todd Royal quickly repositions himself on his chest. Springing off his heels and arcing over his opponent, Royal lands beside Jenkins, hooking him in a headlock.

Ejiro:…but a quick recovery by Todd Royal.

The crowd begins to boo as Todd smirks and works the headlock, dragging Jenkins’ face across the canvas. Working his way to his knees, Spike rolls back, pinning Todd’s shoulders to the mat.

Annie: Early pin attempt by Spike…

ONE!…

KICKOUT!!

Ejiro: Quick kickout by Royal. Jenkins isn’t gonna pin him THAT easily. Especially not tonight.

Royal angrily spins back into a sitting position, but Jenkins spins up with him. The crowd begins to clap, bringing Jenkins to life, climbing to his feet as he battles to escape the headlock. As both men reach their feet, Spike backs into the ropes, stepping forward and slingshotting Todd across the ring.

Royal hits the far ropes and rebounds back across the ring as Spike charges in from the other end. Ducking to avoid a clothesline, Jenkins crosses over to the far side of the ring. As Todd comes barreling in from across the ring, Spike leaps off the mat with a dropkick, aiming his feet at the jaw of Royal.

Annie: And Spike heads to the air!

Todd’s eyes widen as he skids to a halt, stopping just an inch shy of Spike as Jenkins crashes hard to the mat. Grabbing both of his opponent’s feet, Royal drops straight back, slinging Jenkins over his head and face-first into the steel.

*CLANG!*

Ejiro: And HERE we go! It’s all been feeling out to this point, trying to get an advantage. Now the steel comes into play, and ANYTHING goes. These two men do NOT like each other, and it’s about to get real physical!

Judge: We said it earlier, the cage will play a big part in this match, and both men know it can be a make-or-break factor. This will be the last match for the SJL cage, so these two are sure to send it out with a bang.

The crowd gasps as Spike bounces off the cage and crashes to the canvas in the middle of the ring. Kipping up a few feet away, Royal smiles and pivots toward his opponent.

Annie: The SJL has its own cage?

Judge: Probably not…but still. It’s the last JL show! It’s all about the hyperbole~!

Grabbing Spike by the hair, Royal peels him off the mat, his grin widening as he sees the thin stream of blood trickling from above the right eye of “Hollywood”. Taking a step back, Todd winds up and swings his leg forward, driving the kick pad of his right boot into the face of Jenkins.

Annie: OH! First blood drawn by Todd Royal on Spike.

Ejiro: And That’s exactly what Royal was looking for. Now look at him work the cut with those shin strikes. Don’t think Todd’s forgotten the blood HE spilt just over a month ago. This is about revenge for Royal. By the time that cage door opens again, Jenkins will need a transfusion.

After a follow-up pair of strikes by Royal, Todd takes a step back. The cut above Spike’s eyebrow is wider now, and the blood is flowing down both sides of his eye. Royal smirks and draws his thumb across his throat as he reaches down and tears off his kick pad. Taking a step forward, Todd drives the laces of his boot into Jenkins’ eye.

“OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Judge: Geez. No more chain-wrestling for Royal. He’s just ripping open Spike Jenkins’ face with his boot.

Ejiro: I approve.

Pulling Spike off the mat again, Royal drags him into the corner. With Spike sitting against the buckles, holding the cut, Royal struts across the ring. Tapping his foot against the mat twice, Todd takes off toward his opponent. Driving the sole of his boot into Spike’s nose, Royal crushes Jenkins’ face into the cage.

Annie: Bootscrape by Todd Royal- tearing at that cut like a maniac. This is going to get nasty real quick at this rate.

Blood flows down the right side of Spike’s face as Todd pulls his foot out from between the ropes and struts back across the ring. The crowd lets him have it, but Royal just smirks and taps his foot on the canvas again. Charging across the ring, faster than before, Royal extends his foot and drives his opponent into the cage again.

As he pulls his foot out from the ropes again, Royal hooks Spike’s face with his toe and pulls Jenkins through with him. Grabbing Spike by the hair and lifting him out of the corner, Todd hooks his opponent around the neck with a facelock. Kicking out his feet, Royal falls back to the mat, driving Spike down with a DDT. As Todd turns Jenkins over, Hall hit’s the mat to count.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

KICKOUT!!

Judge: Kickout at two by Spike Jenkins!!

Ejiro: Crap. Spike’s in trouble now though. He’s busted open, and Todd’s firmly in control.

Annie: I have to disagree Ejiro…

Ejiro: Of course.

Annie: … Spike’s worked too long and too hard in this company to give up this quickly. He’ll fight until he can’t walk any more.

Livid at the two count, Todd Royal springs off the mat, immediately getting in the face of Anthony Michael Hall. Hall holds up two fingers insistently, and Royal shakes his head, turning back to face his opponent. The rage in his eyes softens to joy when he sees the blood staining the side of Spike’s face.

Circling around to the foot of Jenkins, Royal raises his leg and jams it down hard across Spike’s left knee. Jenkins recoils, crying out in obvious pain, as Royal smiles and reaches for his opponent’s leg. Stepping back, Todd drives his shin hard into Spike’s knee. Another blow causes Jenkins to reach up, clawing at his knee.

Ejiro: Now we go to school! Whoo!! Royal’s gonna soften Spike up for the Wrath of Todd! You may be right Annie, Spike WON’T walk out of here!

Judge: Never underestimate the ego of Todd Royal. Spike made him submit to win their first match, and while Todd’s got two victories since then, neither has been by submission. I’m sure that’s gnawing at Royal.

Stopping the barrage of Jenkins’ knee, Royal pulls Spike from the mat again. Jenkins attempts to hobble away from his opponent, but Todd catches him by the limp left leg, pulling him in and lifting him into the air. With Spike out in front of him, Royal charges into the ropes, driving his opponent’s knee into the cage.

*CLANG*

Ejiro: Oh! That’s got to be tearing Spike’s knee apart! I Like it!

Crashing to the mat, Spike immediately pulls himself to the ropes, breathing heavily and clutching at his left knee. Royal smirks and steps toward him. Reaching out, Todd paintbrushes Jenkins face with his right hand.

*SLAP!*

Annie: That’s completely disrespectful! This is a special night, a historic night. It doesn’t have to be like this!

Ejiro: Oh, yes it does. This is about a lot more than a match on the last SJL show. This is about months of humiliation and hatred. One of these men will walk out of the cage, and one will be stretchered out.

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

As the crowd jeers, and Spike recoils, Todd pulls back. Staring at his hand, and Spike’s blood dripping from it, Royal grins. Walking to the middle of the ring, Royal kneels down, drawing a crimson circle on the canvas with his opponent’s blood.

Annie: Oh, give me a break…

Walking back to the ropes, Royal grabs his opponent by the ankle and drags him back into the center of the ring. With Jenkins lying face down in the center of the ring, Todd plants his foot on the inside of Spike’s knee. Lifting Spike by the ankle and raising him off the mat, Royal drives Jenkins’ knee into the center of the blood-red target. Spike howls in pain, but Todd lifts him up again.

Judge: You can see the rage in Todd Royal’s eyes. The lingering pain from that loss a month ago. Todd’s not letting up any time soon.

As he slams his opponent’s knee into the canvas again, Royal lets out a victorious “WHOOO!” planting his foot inside Spike’s knee joint again, Todd spins around, using his full body weight to grind the leg into the mat. As Royal struts away from Jenkins, the crowd begins to jeer again.

“ASS-HOLE!” “ASS-HOLE!” “ASS-HOLE!” “ASS-HOLE!”

Todd just shrugs his shoulders, raising his hand and pointing at the blood on his hand. The crowd boos, but Royal has already turned, walking back toward his hobbled opponent. Spike has made it as far as his feet, but moves at half-speed, slowed by his injured knee and bloodied face.

Annie: Jenkins has barely made it up off the mat, but already Royal is back on top of him.

Grabbing Spike by the dangling left knee, Royal holds his opponent’s leg parallel to the mat. Taking a step backward toward the ropes, Todd spins to the mat, whipping Spike over and through the ropes.

*CLANG!*

Ejiro: OOOOHHHH!

Judge: Dragon Screw leg whip by Royal, sending Spike right through the ropes and into the steel cage! Just a brutal attack by Todd.

Pulling Jenkins behind him into the middle of the ring, Royal steps between Spike’s legs. Crossing Jenkins’ legs and tucking them behind his own, Todd bridges back, hooking Spike around the chin and pulling back, stretching his opponent from head to toe.

Annie: The Muta-Lock by Todd Royal!

Judge: This hold puts so much pressure on the legs of Spike Jenkins, legs that have already been weakened by numerous shots into the cage and strikes from Royal.

As Royal pulls up, wrenching at the chin of Spike Jenkins with his hands and the legs with his own feet, the crowd begins to rhythmically clap. Through the cage walls, Megan Skye screeches at Todd, encouraging him to hang on to the hold. The clapping of the audience grows, urging Spike to escape, and distracting Megan at ringside. As the crowd noise grows to a roar, Jenkins begins to fight out of the hold.

“HOLLY-WOOD!” “HOLLY-WOOD!” “HOLLY-WOOD!”

Royal’s face grows as red as Jenkins’ as he struggles to keep the hold locked in. Beneath him, Spike summons all of his strength, reaching forward and tearing apart Todd’s hands. Royal collapses to the mat, releasing the hold, as Jenkins pulls himself across the canvas.

Annie: Spike escapes! Jenkins, beaten and bruised, continues to fight! Spike has never been one to quit, and that’s NOT going to change tonight.

The crowd in the Gund is on their feet and cheering as Spike climbs to one knee. Wiping the blood from his eye, Jenkins has no time to react to his charging opponent. Springing off Spike’s knee, Royal drives his own kneecap into Jenkins’ skull, dropping “Hollywood” to the mat.

Ejiro: Shining WIZARD~! It. Is. OVER!

The crowd’s mood quickly sours as Todd floats over, covering Jenkins again.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

KICKOUT!!

Ejiro: Dammit!

Judge: Another kickout by Spike Jenkins, and the frustration continues to build for Todd Royal.

Todd shoots a death stare at Anthony Michael Hall as the official pops off the canvas again, two fingers held high in the air. Peeling Spike off the mat again, Royal spits in his opponent’s face, rage boiling in his eyes. Reaching back with his right hand, Todd unleashes a stiff knife-edge chop to the chest.

*SMACK!*

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!”

Ejiro: Yikes! Royal’s gonna draw blood from the chest if he keeps that up.

Spike staggers, pivoting on his strong leg as Royal shakes the impact from his hand. As Todd reels back for a second shot, however, Jenkins steps back in, driving his forearm across Royal’s face.

*CRACK!*

“YEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!”

Annie: Spike’s firing back! Todd may have disrespected him one too many times, he may have pushed Spike over the edge!

*SMACK!*

“WHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!”

*CRACK!*

“YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!”

*SMACK!SMACK!*

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

*CRACK!CRACK!*

“YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!”

*SMACK!*

*CRACK!*

*CRACK!*

*CLANG!*

*CRACK!CLANG!CRACK!CLANG!CRACK!CRACK!CRACK!*

*CLAAAAANNNNNNGGGGG!*

Ejiro: Mother of Todd!

Judge: Spike Jenkins is teeing off on Todd Royal, drilling him with forearm shots and driving his skull into the cage over and over again! I think you’re right, Spike may have snapped!

Annie: What a vicious display of brutality by Spike Jenkins! He’s got the crowd- and himself- right back into this match!

A final forearm shot sends Todd slumping through the ropes and against the cage as the crowd roars, rocking the rafters in the Gund Arena with cheers and chants. Weak from the previous attack, and from blood loss, Spike drops to one knee to breathe and recover. Megan screams at ringside as Royal cradles his head and neck, pulling himself off the mat. Stepping in toward his opponent, Todd looks down at his hands, rubbing the blood from each of them. Suddenly panicking however, Royal backs through the ropes, moving away from Spike and into the corner.

Judge: For the first time in this match, Todd Royal looked at the blood on his hands, and realized that it wasn’t his opponent’s! Royal may have a broken nose from those forearm shots, and it just dawned on him that the blood running down his face is his own!

Annie: And unlike Royal, who busted Spike open using the cage, Jenkins used his bare hands to draw blood!

Charging his opponent and grabbing him around the head, Spike spins to the mat, dropping Todd neck-first across the top rope. Royal’s head snaps off the cable, crashing into the steel mesh, as he slumps between the cage and the ring. The crowd roars as Jenkins spins to his feet, wiping the blood from his eye as he grabs Todd’s feet and pulls them through the ropes. When only Royal’s head remains under the ropes, Spike drops to the canvas, jerking Todd’s neck against the bottom cable. As Royal gasps and clutches at his throat, Jenkins smiles for the first time this match.

Ejiro: Todd Dammit! Get that psychotic maniac off Todd Royal! He’s gonna kill him!

Annie: Royal’s not the only one out for revenge tonight. Spike’s been humiliated at the hands of Todd Royal for the past month. He’s been attacked, beaten and spit on, and now Spike’s fighting back!

Royal climbs out of the ropes, blood dripping from his nose, and crawls right into the hands of Spike Jenkins. Grabbing Todd by the hair and pulling him off the mat, Spike smiles and spits back into the face of Royal. Todd’s face snaps back, and Jenkins pounces, slamming his opponent’s face repeatedly into the steel cage.

Bleeding now from his forehead as well as his nose, Todd staggers out of the ropes and back across the ring. Bouncing off the ropes and charging after him, Jenkins wraps his arms around his opponent’s head, bringing him down to the mat- Royal’s head across Jenkins’ shoulder.

Judge: Phantom Neckbreaker!!

Annie: Cover!

Ejiro: Kickout! C’mon, Kickout!

ONE!…

TWO!!…

KICKOUT!!

Ejiro: YES!! Todd kicked out!

Judge: You can see the strategy developing for Spike Jenkins. He’s working over the neck of Todd Royal, to set up that Silver Lining Dragon Clutch!

Annie: That move is what started this whole thing, as Jenkins got Royal to tap out a month and a half ago. It would only be fitting if the Silver Lining ended it.

Ejiro: Shut up. You shut up!

With the crowd now awake and on their feet cheering for Spike, Jenkins climbs up to his feet again. Adjusting his kneepad underneath his shorts, he winces in obvious pain. Royal begins to move as well, planting his hands on the mat and climbing to his feet. Seeing this, Jenkins circles behind him, breathing deeply as he shuffles along the canvas, half-dragging his left leg. As Todd makes it to his feet, Spike drives his forearm into his opponent’s back, jerking Royal violently backwards and whipping blood off his face. With Todd’s back arched, Jenkins grabs him in an inverted face-lock, dropping to the mat and drilling Royal’s skull into the canvas. As the crowd erupts in cheers, Spike rolls to his feet.

Standing above his fallen opponent, and pointing out at the crowd, Jenkins takes a deep breath and braces himself. Grimaces in pain as he springs off the mat, Spike corkscrews in mid-air, crashing down with his right leg across Royal’s throat.

Annie: 420 leg drop! Spike just guillotines Todd Royal with that leg drop!

As Anthony Michael Hall slides to the mat again, the whole crowd pops up like they’re joined to the official with a pulley. Standing and cheering, the fans count loudly along with Hall.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

KICKOUT!!

Judge: Inverted DDT and a spinning leg drop, but Jenkins still can’t put Royal away. Something HAS to give soon, as both of these guys have lost a LOT of blood.

Annie: And when you lose blood like that, it definitely plays a factor. Spike got busted open early, and that’s a disadvantage. He’s lost a lot more blood than Royal, and that’s going to slow him down.

Ejiro: Plus his injured knee? Jenkins doesn’t stand a chance.

Annie: But look at Royal. He’s losing a LOT of blood right now, and Spike is working over his neck like a madman. Neither of these guys are in good shape.

Spike climbs to his feet and shoots a pleading glance at the referee, who simply shakes his head and waves two fingers. Jenkins sighs and wipes his eyes again, the sweat from his eyebrows having streaked previously dried blood down across his face, before looking down at Royal.

Royal is moving, but barely, as he climbs to his hands and knees. Cradling his neck and constantly wiping blood from his hands and face, Todd moves slowly as he pulls himself from the mat. Making it halfway to his feet, Royal is caught off guard by Spike, who leaps into the air, scissoring him back to the canvas and ripping his neck as he drives it into the mat again.

Judge: Rocker Dropper from Spike Jenkins! Another brutal shot at Todd Royal’s neck!

Ejiro: But that took a toll on Spike as well! He had to twist his knee to hit that move, and he’s feeling it now! Jenkins won’t be able to cover on this one, and hopefully Todd can recover!

Annie: Hopefully? Aren’t you supposed to be objective.

Ejiro: Screw that. I’m retired, and this gig ends in a few hours. What are they gonna do fire me?! I believe in TODD!!

Facedown on the mat, Todd Royal is in no shape to get off the canvas. A foot or so away, Spike Jenkins is equally immobile, clutching his left knee and swearing up a storm. Seeing both men incapacitated, Anthony Michael Hall begins to administer the count.

1!…

2!…

3!…

4!…

Judge: Neither man is moving, and both are in danger of being counted out!

5!…

6!…

Annie: After all these two have given, with all they’ve fought for, you’d hate to see it end without a winner, but I don’t know if either guy can get up.

7!….

8!…

Ejiro: Royal’s up! Todd Royal is on his feet!! Praise be to Todd!!

9!…

Annie: Spike’s up too! We’re gonna fight on!

Indeed, the crowd breaks into applause as the official waves off the count, and both men stagger to their feet. Royal, the more mobile of the two men, makes the most of his one second advantage, running the ropes across the ring and heading straight at his opponent. Catching Todd out of the corner of his eye, Jenkins ducks, raising up as Royal flies over the top of him.

Judge: Backdrop!

*CLLLAAAAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!*

“OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

As Royal flips over Spike, his eyes widen, watching his own legs pass by through a curtain of blood. His legs- extended- crash against the steel cage, sending his body suddenly flipping the other way. The crowd gasps as Todd’s body doubles over, his neck draping across the top rope and his body weight coming down on top of him. Snapping back and changing directions a second time, Royal’s body crashes through the ropes.

Ejiro: Holy crap! He killed him! Spike just killed our Todd and Savior!

“HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!”

Judge: Todd Royal’s body just snapped off the cage, and his whole body weight came down on his neck, across that rope. Royal could have a broken neck right now!

Having collapsed to his hands and knees following the backdrop, Spike Jenkins slowly turns to face his opponent. With Royal’s body bloodied and bent in the ring ropes, and the crowd standing and chanting, another grin breaks out across Spike’s face.

Crawling over to Royal and grabbing him by the ankle, a grinning Spike drags Todd into the center of the ring. Spreading him face-first on the canvas, Jenkins steps between his opponent’s legs, crossing them around his own. Bridging backwards and locking his fingers around Royal’s chin, Spike pulls up, eliciting a cry of pain from Todd.

Annie: Muta-Lock! Spike’s turned the tables on Todd Royal!!

Ejiro: Good Todd, he could have a broken neck! Judge, you just said so yourself! Make Spike stop!

Judge: Spike’s not going to let this match end on a referee’s decision, and honestly, I don’t think Royal would want that either. This is going to continue until there’s a winner!

Annie: We saw Todd use this earlier in the match to weaken the knee of Spike, now Jenkins using the same hold to work over the neck of Royal!

Standing, and roaring as one, the Cleveland crowd begs Todd Royal to tap, urges Spike to hold on until he does. Blood streaks off of Jenkins’ face, running onto Royal’s and mixing with the stream of Todd’s blood that’s already flowing. Royal- fighting to hold on, can barely keep his eyes open. Anthony Michael Hall raises Todd’s hand once and lets it drop….then again. Raising it for a third time, Hall is interrupted as Spike screams out in pain, breaking the hold and cursing as he holds his knee.

Ejiro: AHA! You’re damn right Todd used that Muta-Lock to work over Spike’s knee earlier, and it just paid off! Spike couldn’t hold the move in, and couldn’t get the victory!

The crowd groans, knowing how close Spike was to victory, but soon starts back in clapping, urging Spike to get up and finish off his opponent.

“HOLLY-WOOD!” “HOLLY-WOOD!” “HOLLY-WOOD!”

Spike shakes his head, spraying blood from his hair, and climbs to his feet. He circles behind his opponent, and slaps Royal on the back of the head, urging him to get up. Todd only makes it to his knees before Jenkins takes over, grabbing a waistlock and pulling Royal the rest of the way to his feet. Bracing his left leg and lurching backwards, Spike hurls his opponent over his head.

*THUD*

Judge: OH! German Suplex by Spike!

Annie: That’s SICK! If Royal doesn’t have a broken neck already, Spike’s looking to finish the job here!

The crowd pops at the impact, and roars even louder as Spike maintains his grip and rolls back to a standing position. Balancing on almost entirely one leg now, Jenkins lurches back again.

Ejiro: Oh no,

*THUD!*

Annie: He hit another one! Spike Jenkins is going to make sure Todd Royal doesn’t leave this cage on his own power!

The crowd is near riot-level as “Hollywood” holds on, rolling back to his feet again. Pausing for even longer than before, Jenkins catches his breath and closes his eyes. As he braces himself for the third throw, Royal suddenly spins out, catching Spike off guard and running him head-first into the cage.

*CLANG!*

Spike rebounds off the steel, as Todd drops down behind him, rolling under his opponent’s legs while maintaining his grip on Jenkins’ waist. Planting his own feet on the mat again, Royal lurches back, driving Spike over his head and into the mat.

*THUD!*

Ejiro: Chaos Theory! He reversed the Rolling German into that roll-through German of his own!

Judge: This is the move that pinned Spike two weeks ago!

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

EEEE…

NO!!!

Annie: Spike kicked out!

Judge: No he didn’t! Royal couldn’t hold the bridge, his neck gave out!!

Ejiro: Todd DAMN IT. That could have, SHOULD have pinned Spike! It did once!

The fans, braced for the worst, erupt when Anthony Michael Hall holds up just two fingers, echoing the referee’s refrain of “TWOOOOOOOO!” not out of spite, but out of joy. On the canvas, both men lay motionless, Jenkins face-first on the canvas, Royal staring up at the lights, his white tights now brown with dried blood- only half of it his opponent’s.

Annie: I don’t even know how Todd Royal is WALKING right now, let alone suplexing Spike.

Judge: Adrenaline. Both of these guys are running purely on adrenaline. As soon as this match is over, both men are going to be hurting 20 times more than they are right now. And judging from both men’s body language, that’s a whole lot as it is.

Ejiro: Todd almighty, they’re both still moving. This is NOT over yet.

Annie: Adrenaline maybe, but hate definitely. These guys are fueled by hatred for each other, and neither one is willing to give up without knowing the other is out!

Anthony Michael Hall begins to count both men out again, but Todd Royal flips over onto his stomach, pressing himself off the canvas and onto his knees. Crawling over to his opponent, Royal grabs Spike’s ankles, turning him over as he climbs to his feet. Looking down at Jenkins with contempt in his face, Todd spits at his opponent, showering Spike in blood and saliva. Hooking Jenkins’ legs underneath his arms, Royal blinks the blood from his eyes.

Judge: Slingshot coming up! This is how he busted Spike open at the beginning of the match, and he’s looking to shed more blood right now!

Locking his fingers together underneath his opponent’s knees, Royal closes his eyes and falls backward, tucking his head in to prevent his neck from snapping against the canvas. Spike’s feet plant on the ground, and his body springs off the canvas, making it an inch above the mat before his knee crumples and he slams viciously back to the canvas.

Ejiro: Spike’s knee can’t even support his own body weight to get him over on the slingshot! That may not be what Todd wanted to happen, but its GOT to be a good sign for him.

Indeed, a look of bewilderment washes over the face of Royal as Spike crashes back to the mat. Taking a moment to regroup, Todd releases his grasp on Jenkins’ right leg, turning over and spinning Spike onto his stomach. Leaning back and pulling on his opponent’s leg, Royal uses his fist to pummel the injured joint, raining down blows on Jenkins’ exposed knee.

Annie: Todd Royal is just relentless in his assault of Spike’s knee. He’s trying to cripple Jenkins in that cage.

The crowd’s support for Spike begins to build again as Todd wrenches back, screaming at Jenkins to give up. Using his hands to crawl along the mat, Spike fights back, mentally blocking out the pain in his body. Reaching desperately for the ropes, Jenkins makes headway millimeters at a time.

Ejiro: I don’t know where Spike thinks he’s going, maybe he’s finally gone insane. But there’s a CAGE on the other side of those ropes. He can’t break the hold at the ropes, and he can’t slide to the outside. He’s crawling himself into a corner!

The crowd continues to rise now, clapping and stomping their feet to urge Jenkins to work towards the ropes. With a last desperate gasp, Spike lurches forward, grabbing a hold on the bottom rope. With no disqualification however, Royal refuses to break the hold, leaning back further and continuing to pound on the knee. Using the rope for leverage, however, Spike jerks at the rope, pulling Todd backward and slamming the back of his head into the steel.

*CLANG!*

Judge: Spike knew EXACTLY where that cage was, and he used it to break that half-crab! That’s another shot to Royal’s neck- and I don’t think I’ve seen Jenkins do a single move that DIDN’T affect Todd’s neck in a long time.

The crowd pops as Royal tumbles forward, clutching his neck as he releases the hold on Spike. As Jenkins pulls himself against the cage wall, Todd scowls, turning around and rising to his feet. Stepping toward his opponent, Royal kicks out his leg, using his shin to drive his exposed boot into Spike’s knee. Jenkins exhales in pain as Todd grabs him by the ankle and drags him back into the ring.

Spike attempts to counter by climbing to one foot, hobbled as Royal tightens his grip on his left ankle. Prepping himself for an enzuigiri, Jenkins is caught off guard as his opponent jerks him inward, catching both of Spike’s legs around his body. Diving backwards, Royal aims Jenkins’ head at the cage, hitting a modified Stun Gun into the mesh.

*CLANG!*

Annie: Hotshot into the cage! Royal cut off a kick attempt by Spike and drilled him into the cage!

Judge: But Spike’s holding on!

As Todd rebounds off the rope and tries to walk into the ring, Jenkins grabs the cage with his hands, preventing Royal from dragging him back into the ring. Todd curses and releases his grasp, turning around to face his opponent with a scowl on his face. Reaching for Spike’s ankle to jerk him off the cage, Royal is met with a boot to the face, whipping back his neck and spinning him back into the ring.

Ejiro: Why is Spike still battling?! He’s fighting an uphill battle! He can’t win!

Todd spins to one knee, grabbing at his neck in pain again, as Spike uses all his strength to pull himself a foot or so up the cage. As Royal climbs back to his feet and turns to face his opponent again, Jenkins spins around, launching himself off the cage and across the ring- bowling over Todd with a cross body block.

Annie: What a plancha by Spike Jenkins! He’s pulling out all the stops tonight!!

As the crowd explodes in reaction to the move, Spike positions his body over his opponent’s sternum, pinning him to the mat. Anthony Michael Hall hits the mat to make the count as Ejiro makes another plea.

Ejiro: That was a desperation move! The last crazy act of a hopeless man! Royal HAS to kick out, then he’ll finish Spike off!

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

EEEE….

NO!

“OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

Ejiro: YES!

Judge: Spike Jenkins just couldn’t hold Royal down, and Todd got his shoulder up JUST before the count of three!

Annie: You have to believe the pendulum has swung back to Spike, however. Jenkins could be moments away from a monumental victory!

Spike huffs and breathes deeply as he slams his hand on the mat in frustration and looks incredulously at Anthony Michael Hall. Shaking his head, and pulling up his kneepad again, Jenkins struggles to his feet- racing his opponent who is also stirring.

Royal desperately flails with a shin strike, but Jenkins dodges the blow- watching as Todd spins weakly past him. Driving his forearm into the base of Royal’s neck, Spike grabs Todd around the neck again. The crowd explodes in anticipation, but Spike pauses, taking a deliberate step back before spinning to the canvas, driving Royal’s face into the blood-red target he had painted on the mat.

“YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!”

Annie: Roll the Joint! He just torqued Todd’s neck around and dropped him to the canvas! That could be the big move Spike needs!

Judge: And you KNOW what that leads to!

Ejiro: Todd Dammit.

Indeed, Spike maintains his grip on Royal’s neck as he spins Todd back over onto his stomach. Hooking his opponent’s arm as well, Jenkins plants his feet and lurches backward, tearing at Royal’s jaw and sitting on the small of his back, folding Todd nearly in half as he leans back.

Annie: The Dragon Clutch! Silver Lining by Spike Jenkins! It’s got to be over!!

The crowd explodes into a frenzy as Anthony Michael Hall drops to the canvas, getting in Royal’s face and interrogating him with questions of submission. As blood, sweat and tears roll down the strained face of Spike Jenkins, the crowd urges Todd to give it up.

“TAP!” “TAP!” “TAP!”

Royal moans, gargles blood, shakes his head, but refuses to give up.

“TAP!” “TAP!” “TAP!”

Jenkins roars, grinds his arms and closes his eyes, pulling back on his opponent and rocking on his heels in rage.

“TAP!” “TAP!” “TAP!” “TAP!” “TA..”

*CRASH!*

Mouthing an obscenity, Jenkins arms fly apart, and he crashes to the mat. Suddenly free, Todd’s head snaps forward, slamming into the mat with a sickening thud. Disappointed and worried, the crowd peers over the rail, leaning forward as one- desperate to get a look at the carnage.

Ejiro: Spike’s knee gave out! He couldn’t hold the Silver Lining!!

Judge: I don’t know. Maybe. Jenkins may have just slid off the hold, there may have just been too much blood on Royal’s face!

Annie: I don’t think Spike cares WHY he lost the hold, only how close he came to victory! He’s inches away from having his hand raised in victory, and he knows it.

“LETS GO SPIKE!” “LETS GO SPIKE!” “LETS GO SPIKE!”

The crowd roars to life again as a frustrated and enraged Spike Jenkins crawls to his feet. Across the ring, Anthony Michael Hall checks on Todd as he uses the ropes to make his own way up. With the crowd buzzing, Spike positions his body in line with his opponent’s, shuffling forward and extending his leg toward Todd’s face.

Annie: Last Dance!

Ejiro: BLOCKED!

As Jenkins’ foot zooms in on Royal’s face, Todd throws out his hands, catching Spike’s foot before it drills him back into the steel. Tossing his opponent’s leg away, and spinning Jenkins around, Todd lunges forward, his arm extended.

Judge: Lariat!

Annie: DUCKED!

Spike pivots on his right leg, spinning away from Royal as Todd lurches toward him. Catching his opponent out of the corner of his eye, Jenkins ducks the blow, catching his breath as Royal skids to a halt a few feet away. Acting quickly, Spike shuffles forward again, throwing out his leg in a desperation strike.

Annie: Last Dance!

*CLAAANNNNGGGGG!*

Annie: Shit!

Ducking out of the way, Royal collapses to the ground as Spike’s foot flies past him. Without an opponent to down, Jenkins’ leg crashes hard into the steel, reverberating the cage like a gong as Spike howls in pain. Even Hall flinches as Spike crashes to the mat, holding his knee and cursing under his breath.

As the crowd gasps, Royal crawls over to his fallen opponent, grabbing Spike by the ankles. In too much pain to fight back, Jenkins is helpless to retaliate as Todd grapevines his opponent’s right leg. Crossing it over the injured left knee, Royal leans down to spit Spike’s face again.

Ejiro: Wrath of Todd!! That’s IT! NO ONE gets out of this, especially not someone as injured as Spike.

Before Todd can fall back, however, Jenkins reaches up, grabbing the straps of Royal’s singlet and pulling him down. Cradling his opponent’s head, Spike rolls back on top of Todd, shaking as he fights to hold him down.

Annie: REVERSAL! SMALL PACKAGE!

ONE!…

TWO!…

THR…

EEEE….

THREEENO!

Ejiro: He kicked out! For the love of Todd, he kicked out!

Judge: What is Spike going to have to do to keep Royal down?!?

Ejiro: Kill him! He’ll have to kill him right inside that cage to walk out with a win!

The crowd’s roller coaster of emotion dips down as Royal kicks free of the cradle and Anthony Michael Hall wearily holds up two fingers again. Dead tired, Jenkins makes next to no movement as a bloodsoaked, angry, Todd Royal climbs to the his feet.

Standing over his opponent, his eyes filled as much with exhaustion as with rage, Royal crosses his arms, throwing them out to the side and violently declaring the impending end of the match. Grabbing a handful of hair, Todd peels his opponent off the canvas, stepping over his neck and hooking a standing head scissors. As the crowd looks on in protest, and Megan Skye shrieks in delight, Royal slowly hooks each of Spike’s arms.

Ejiro: Holy shit.

Judge: Todd Royal is going for the Royal Bomb- that Tiger Driver. This is an extremely dangerous move, and we’ve never even seen Todd pull it out in the SJL, only threaten to.

Annie: This is a unique circumstance. I think he’s given up on embarrassing Spike with a submission. His goal now is just to maim Jenkins and walk out of this match on his own power.

Taking a breath and lurching back, Royal pulls Spike off the mat, using his opponent’s own arms as leverage to flip Jenkins into the air. As Todd releases his breath, Spike’s legs fly over his head, and his head spins perpendicular to the mat. Royal begins to drop down, but Jenkins boot comes down violently across Todd’s face, whipping back his neck. The crowd stands- mouths open- as the pair fall toward the canvas, Jenkins body collapsing down on top of Royal’s.

Annie: He countered the Royal Bomb! He kicked that injured neck and broke the hold!

Ejiro: No WAY!

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

EEEE….

THREE!!

Annie: He did it! Spike Jenkins beat Todd Royal!!

Ejiro: Bullshit!

THREE?!?

NO!

Ejiro: No he didn’t!! Somehow, by the grace of Todd, NO. HE. DIDN’T!!!

Judge: Royal managed to raise a shoulder, barely off the mat, just before the count of three! I don’t believe this!!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Annie: These two are insane! They will not die. All the punishment they’ve taken, all the blood they’ve lost, SHOULD have crippled them both.

Anthony Michael Hall pops off the mat, crawling to the side of the cage and waving two fingers, assuring the timekeeper that the count was indeed a close two. As the fans jeers turn back to encouragement, both competitors begin to stir, crawling blindly to their feet.

“GET UP!” “GET UP!” “GET UP!”

Joined by Megan Skye, and chanting perhaps at both men as much as Spike, the crowd wills Jenkins and Royal to their feet. A worried looking Hall steps back in, his eyes daring between the bloody men as they stagger toward each other.

Judge: I don’t know how much these two have left…

Spike lunges forward, his arm leading the way, and drives his forearm into the neck of his opponent. Royal staggers, wincing at the impact on his broken nose, but lunging back in retaliation, driving the laces of his boot into the side of Spike’s knee. Jenkins lifts his left leg, but immediately fire back with another forearm, spraying blood from Todd’s face upon impact. Todd counters with another shin strike. Forearm Shiver. Shin Strike. Forearm. Shin. Forearm. Shin. Forearmshinforearmshinforearmshin.

“YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Annie: These guys are just unloading on each other! They’re going to beat the hell out of each other here!

Judge: And the fans are on their feet. They know they’re watching two men fight with every ounce of fight they have.

*THUD!*

The crowd gasps as the flurry of shots ends. A howl of pain echoes throughout the arena, though it appears to come from both men simultaneously. Hall’s eyes widen as both men tumble to the mat, arms and legs still flailing, one body careening down on top of the other. The official hit’s the mat, counting the unorthodox cover.

ONE!…

TWO!!…

THR…

EEEE…

THREE!!

Judge: It’s OVER!!

*DING* *DING* *DING*

Ejiro: Royal wins!! Todd Almighty, Royal pulled it out!!

Annie: They were just unloading on each other, each attacking the injured body part, and Spike’s knee just gave way first. Todd, exhausted and immobile, fell on top and got the pin.

Judge: No fancy submission holds, no disrespectful showboating, no impact move- just two men beating the HELL out of each other until neither one could go any more. There is NO shame in coming up short for Spike Jenkins. He fought the battle of a lifetime here tonight.

Funyon: Ladies and Gentlemen…the winner of this match…as a result of a pinfall…TODD…ROYAL!!!

A small portion of the crowd boos as the official raises the limp hand of Todd Royal, but the majority of the crowd is on their feet, smiling and applauding the efforts of both exhausted competitors. On the outside of the ring, a worried Megan Skye begs for the opening of the cage, as both men lie motionless on the mat- chests rising and falling in unison.

Ejiro: I may not like the kid, but even I’ve got to give it up for Spike Jenkins tonight. He kept fighting when most people would quit. He proved a lot to me tonight.

Annie: Spike’s proved a lot to all of us lately, and if he can recover from this match, I’m sure he’ll have a career in the

(continued from last post)

Annie: Spike’s proved a lot to all of us lately, and if he can recover from this match, I’m sure he’ll have a career in the SWF.

As “Shoot to Thrill” fades out in the background, the SJL ring crew and a crew of Cleveland EMT’s rush the ring. As the ring crew begins to disassemble one of the cage walls to reach the competitors with a stretcher, the medics and Megan Skye pour in the door. Pulling both men to a sitting position, the EMT’s try to clean the men off. Spike shrugs a woman off, staring at his opponent and offering his hand.

Ejiro: Is he kidding?! Remember what happened the last time he did that?

As Megan’s towel wipes his face, a small smirk breaks out across the face of Todd Royal. Reaching out his hand, Royal clasps Spike’s pumping it up and down as the crowd erupts in cheers.

Judge: Even Todd Royal has to respect Spike after the fight he just gave him. He doesn’t have to like him, but he’s got to respect him.

“THANK YOU!” *clap clap* “THANK YOU!” *clap clap*

As the crowd cheers, the camera pulls back to the announce position, where even the commentators look tired.

Annie: That was one hell of a match, but we’re not even done yet.

Judge: That’s right. Coming up next is the LAST match in SJL history. We’ve seen legends and heroes enter those ring over the years, and it all comes to an end tonight.

Ejiro: The European Champion, Landon Maddix, takes on the World Champion, Alan Clark. The winner walks away as the first, and only, SJL Unified World Champion. The loser walks away with nothing.

Judge: Stay tuned…this is going to be historic…

In the centre of the backstage area, most of the roster has now gathered around a solitary T.V monitor backstage, along with various other workers and staff of the arena.

Despite the halls themselves being all but deserted, they are full...full with the buzz of anticipation. Suddenly the buzz is broken by the sound of footsteps from afar...gradually getting louder as they get closer. We can't see who the footsteps are coming from, until Landon Maddix comes into view...European Championship belt over his right shoulder, a nervous look on his face as he slowly paces towards the 'go' area. Taking deep breaths as he goes, Landon stops in his tracks, looks at his title belt and smiles...still nervous, but at the same time confident. As he turns the last corner towards the entrance way, Landon stops again as suddenly Todd Royal and Megan Skye stand in front of him. Landon smiles, as does Todd.

Todd- You ready kid?

Maddix- Ready? Todd...I've never been so ready in my life.

With a nod, Royal grins before he and Megan begins to walk to the entrance...

Maddix- Woah woah! Where...where are you going?

Turning back around, Royal looks a little surprised at Landon's question...

Todd- What do you mean? Isn't...isn't it obvious?

Maddix- No...

Todd- We're going out there with you. Safety in numbers...

Maddix- Todd. I thought I told Megan to tell you...this is something I have to do alone.

With a sigh, Todd looks down at the floor, walking forward a little to Maddix who is standing firm.

Todd- Come on Landon. We're a team. I know Alan Clark better than anyone in this building here tonight, and Megan has helped you in nearly all of your last few matches.

Maddix- I don't NEED your help though Todd. I can beat Alan Clark on my own, fairly. And that's what I'm going to do tonight. So...I'd appreciate it if you two stay back here.

Todd- Landon...

Landon throws a hand up.

Maddix- No Todd. Look...ever since I came into the SJL, one thing has evaded me. The SJL World Championship. I've won the European Title twice...the TV Title too. But I've never been the number one man in this company. I've never been at the top of the mountain. I've had my chances, but I couldn't win the belt. You beat me the first time...Aecas destroyed me the second. Now, I have the best chance to win the belt that I've ever had. But I HAVE to do this alone Todd. I just have to. I have to do this on my own, fairly...for myself. To prove to myself that I'm worthy of going to the SWF. To show the world that I'm World Championship material. This is the last chance I'm ever going to get at this belt...and, no offense Todd...but if you or Megan is out there helping me win, then I'm going to regret it for the rest of my career. There'll always be that niggling doubt...could I have done it on my own? Could I have beaten Alan Clark without assistance on that night, for that belt? I don't want that hanging over me in the SWF. I want to go there with that belt, but I want to go there with that belt knowing that I won it fairly. This is different tonight. Alan deserves an ass kicking, yes. But tonight, the last night the SJL is in existance...it's about respect. And deep down I respect Alan Clark. But he doesn't respect me. He's had no reason to. I want his respect tonight. But also...I want to go out there, and honor the people who held that SJL World Title the way I should. That includes you Todd. I have to do this on my own...

Todd looks a little shocked at Maddix's empassioned speech...as in the arena, some of the fans are mildly applauding this. All three members of the House of Todd stand silently, until Megan finally steps forward and hugs Landon.

Megan- Good luck.

Megan steps away as Maddix mouths 'Thank you' to her...as Todd finally extends his hand forward, Landon gratefully shaking it.

Landon- Thank you.

Todd- Just...remember what I've taught you. And take that belt back.

Landon- I intend to Todd. I intend to.

With a nod to each other, Landon and Todd break away from the handshake, and Landon quickly walks on towards the entrance way. Todd meanwhile watches on, before turning to Megan with a slightly confused look still etched on his face. Megan shrugs her shoulders as she and Todd both walk off the other way, to where the congregation of staff have gathered around the T.V screen.

Annie- Can you believe that guys?

Judge- If this is true, then give Landon a whole lot of credit.

Ejiro- What do you mean IF this is true? Of course it's true.

Judge- You know what Todd Royal is like as far as plans go. But...Landon seemed sincere. Let's hope Todd listens to Landon and stays away. The historic last match in the SJL's history is next. Landon Maddix...Alan Clark...2 out of 3 falls, title for title, Insane Luchador back as the special guest referee...the legacy ends as it surely should...in just moments. We'll see you after this short break.

*MEMORIES*

The word flashes on the SmarkTron, as suddenly all in the Gund Arena fall silent.

Cue: Kid Rock’s “Lonely Road Of Faith”

Up and down that lonely road of faith

I have been there

The SJL Championship belt flashes on the screen…before cutting to a shot of Fallout, the first ever SJL Champion.

Unprepared for the storms and the tides that rise

I've realized one thing, how much I love you

And it hurts to see, see you cryin'

I believe we can make it through the winds of change

Various other SJL Champions from the early years of the SJL flick up onto the screen and then disappear…CYCLOOOOONE COMET!…Mercury…The HVille Thugg…The Boston Strangler…Longdogger Pete…

God is great indeed

If you believe, in the everlife

Yeah we gotta

Make some sense of the piece that's not defined

And if you just hold on, I wont let ya fall

We can make it through the storms and the winds of change

More champions…K-OS…Ash Ketchum…Tom Flesher…Danny Williams…’Judge Mental’ William Hearford…Annie Eclectic…Ejiro Fasaki…Mike Van Siclen…Dace Night…Crow…

Though I walk through the valley of darkness

I am not afraid

Cause I know I'm not alone

…more recent champion, such as Charlie Matthews…John Duran…Viktor Tarakanov…Spike Jenkins…The Insane Luchador…Aecas…Todd Royal…Alan Clark…

And if the wind blows east, would you follow me

And if the wind blows north, would ya stay your course

And if the wind blows west, would ya second guess

And if it blows to the south, would you count me out

And if the sun don't shine, would you still be mine

And if the sky turns grey, would you walk away

Would you say I do, if I say I'll be

And walk this road through life with me

You know I love youuuuuu

Some moments from some of the classic matches…Dace Night and Spike Jenkins destroying each other in the Damnation In A Box Match…Stryke and Erek Taylor in the 45 minute ironman match…clips of the Mall Brawls…Ejiro Fasaki vs Fugue, the Caged Ladder Match…Todd Royal and Alan Clark, Alan fulfills his destiny…Va’aiga and Crow’s battle…Wildchild and Ejiro Fasaki’s wild wars…

On this lonely road of faith

On this lonely road of faith

A shot of Landon Maddix and Alan Clark, going face to face, toe to toe…the scene around them gradually dimming until just the two on a faded blue background remains…

*MEMORIES*

The video ends, and the crowd rise to their feet in applause, most of whom coupling that with a chant of “SJL…SJL…SJL!!!”

The sold out Cleveland crowd in the SJL's favourite arena, the Gund Arena, go wild as the scene returns to ringside for the last SJL match ever. A truly excited buzz fills the air, as the crowd recognize the importance of the upcoming battle. Cutting to the announce table, the camera focuses on Annie Onita, Ejiro Fasaki and 'Judge Mental' William Hearford as it has done so many times, but has now done so for the last time.

"Welcome back, for the last time, to the SJL." Judge begins solemnly. "On this historic night, we present an historic main event. Alan Clark...Landon Maddix, all the cards on the table. It's all or nothing. Title for title. Two out of three falls, and to top it off...the Insane Luchador, a true SJL legend, is given the referee duties. I for one can't wait for this..."

"It promises to be a classic Judge." Annie concurs. "The question is...will Landon Maddix honour his word and fight fair tonight. This match deserves a fair playing field, and you have to hope that Landon was sincere..."

"Oh come on Annie." Ejiro cuts in quickly. "Of course he was! Why can't you two see the good in people..."

"We can..." Annie snarls back. "...when it's deserved. We see the good in Landon...we've seen that in the past. We've also seen Landon's recent track record though."

"Ok, ok...let's not get in any childish squabbles here..." Judge pleads, trying to retain order amongst the announce team, which of course doesn't last long..."

"This may be the last chance we get though." replies Ejiro.

The conversations at ringside, and around the arena itself, stop abruptly as Funyon steps into the middle of the ring. With a buzz of echoing around the silent arena, Funyon smiles and raises the microphone to his lips.

"Ladies and gentlemen...would you please welcome at this time the referee for the next contest. He is a true SJL legend...a former SJL World Champion in his own right. Ladies and gentlemen...give it up for Andrew Rickman...THE INSAAAAANE LUUUCHAAADOOORRR!!!"

The crowd begin to either cheer or applaude their respect, as "The Gauntlet" hits. Chants of "IL" ring out through the Gund, as the multi coloured pyrotechnics go off...smoke rising above the entrance way from them. As it does so, through the smoke emerges Andrew 'Insane Luchador' Rickman, wearing the SJL's referee shirt along with his khaki cargo pants. Smiling broadly IL walks down the aisle, tagging hands with some of the fans before suddenly breaking into a sprint. IL slides underneath the ropes and into the ring, throwing his arms in the air to more cheers from the sold-out crowd, before turning to Funyon and shaking his hands. The music slowly dies down, the buzz filling the arena again.

"IL...IL...IL...IL...IL"

The crowd chant the famous intitals of Insane Luchador, as with an honoured nod he holds his hands up in respect for the crowd's reaction. Suddenly, Funyon steps forward again, and the chants quiten quickly.

"Ladies and gentlemen...this is your SJL MAIN EVENT!!!"

The crowd roar, knowing the importance of this match.

"To be fought under two out of three falls, it is for both the SJL European and World Titles...introducing first..."

"An' I'm sailin'...yeah!"

The roars abruptly turn into rapturous boos as "Suck My Kiss" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers hits, bringing out the SJL European Champion Landon Maddix. Not wearing any form of Todd Royal merchandise, not standing under a white light with no Megan Skye by his side, Landon looks all business for the first time in months. The nervous look from earlier is still on his face, but it's now teamed with signs of determination. Walking down the aisle, Landon stops about halfway and makes sure the camera is fixed firmly on him, before holding out his arms soaking up the boos.

"From Huron, South Dakota. Weighing in at two hundred and nine pounds. The former SJL Television Champion. A two time, current, and defending European Champion. Tonight he hopes to complete the SJL Grand Slam by winning his first ever World Title, on his thrid attempt. He is The Disciple of Todd. He is...LANDON...'LA CUCARACHA'...MAAAAADDIIIX!!!"

The crowd boo again, although amongst the boos some smatterings of cheers do break through from some sections of the crowd. Landon rolls into the ring and quickly unstraps his European Championship belt from around his waist, raising it in the air as the crowd give another slightly mixed reaction.

"This is Landon's night of destiny. He may NEVER get a shot to be the World Champion again...tonight is his night of reckoning. And tonight he has promised to do things the right way." Judge comments.

"And I noticed that Landon's bulked up a couple of pounds for this match..." Annie also points out.

"Well...Alan will no doubt still have the weight and strength advantage, but obviously Landon has got that factor in his mind." replies Judge.

Landon strolls over to the corner and stares up towards the entrance way...as Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" hits, to an ERUPTION of noise from the Cleveland faithful! Alan Clark emerges from the back with a flaming red electric guitar flung over his shoulder, and a much more 'roughian' look about him than in recent months. The cheers echo out, as Clark walks purposefully down the rampway.

"The opponent this evening...he hails from Long Beach, California. Weighing two hundred and twenty five pounds...a former two time SJL European Champion, and the reigning, and defending, SJL WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! Tonight he looks to regain the title taken from him, by his opponent tonight. Ladies and gentlemen...this is...AAALAAAAAN CLAAAAARRRK!!!"

Alan places his guitar safely on the ring steps before entering the ring, removing the SJL World Heavyweight Title belt from around his waist, and holding it in the air for a second. Turning to IL, Clark hands the belt to the special referee, as Maddix sees this and does the same with the European Title belt. "Wanted Dead or Alive" stops, and as the arena is filled with cheers and excited shouts, IL takes a belt in each hands and raises both in the air.

"There are the prizes..." mumbles Judge.

"This is the 'rubber match' between these two men. Two matches, both for the European Championship, both going the challenger's way. Tonight it's title for title...and it will also settle the score between these two." Annie says, wrapping up the two men's recent past as efficiently as possible.

*DING! DING!*

The bell rings on IL's orders to begin the first fall, as he subsequently passes both titles belts to the outside of the ring. Alan and Landon meanwhile stand in the centre of the ring, both men with their eyes locked on the other's. With steely determination etched on both champion's faces, the staredown goes on until IL returns back to the centre of the ring himself, and begins to lay down his law. Although neither man turns his head to look towards him, both take in what IL is saying, before he backs away, allowing them to fight...only for the heated staredown to continue.

"Tension running high in that ring...both men know the importance of this battle." Judge points out, trying to up the importance of this battle.

Both men continue to try and stare a whole through the other, until Alan is surprisingly the first to take a step back...and extend his hand to Landon! Alan wants a handshake! Landon looks away from Alan to his outstretched hand, unstandably taken aback. The crowd echo out their opinions...wanting Landon to show some sportsmanship. He looks around, not knowing what to do before extending his hand...

...and shaking Alan's!

The crowd applaude Landon's sportsmanship, as both men back off from the centre of the ring, circling around each other. The buzz has returned back into the air, as the nervous Landon tries to get himself physched up. After a few seconds the two finish up their preperations and move back into the centre of the ring, both lunging forward into a tight collar and elbow tie up. As both jostle for position Alan starts to step forward, his strength advantage forcing Landon back into the corner, where IL quickly steps in. Alan releases, and gives a clean break.

"Looks like IL will be taking to flak here tonight..." Judge points out...

"You wouldn't expect any different from someone like the Insane Luchador." Annie agrees.

Landon comes out of the corner and into a second collar and elbow tie up, one that is just as hotly contested as the first. Again Alan begins to back Landon towards the corner, but before coming up to the buckles, Landon manages to stop himself and turn Alan into the corner. Again IL is on hand to demand a break, and on a count of three Landon releases...tentatively Alan half expects a cheap shot, but nothing comes from Landon except a clean break. Quite surprised Alan steps forward, and goes for another tie up...this time, Landon reading the intentions and ducking into a waistlock. Swinging elbows Alan looks for an escape, Landon avoiding all of the elbows causing Alan to rethink...dropping to the mat, and taking Landon down with him with a modified arm-drag. Landon keeps a hold of the waistlock on the deck though, managing to get Alan's shoulders on the mat...

...ONE...

...IL can only get one, as Alan lifts his shoulder. Both men pull themselves up, with Landon still hanging on to the waistlock. Alan reaches back once on his feet to hook a headlock on...wrenching at the head until Landon is forced to releases his waistlock. Just as quickly Landon shoves Alan off the headlock and into the ropes...Alan coming back with a shoulder block, sending Landon flying off his feet! Alan again runs to the ropes, Maddix this time drops down, but Alan jumps over him, landing on his feet behind Landon. By the time he gets back to his feet, Clark is waiting...and goes for an atomic drop. In the peak of the move however, Landon manages to float over the back of Alan into a sunset flip...

...ONE...

...T...

...Alan rolls through, grabbing Maddix's legs and looking to pick him from off the mat into a powerbomb. Landon however is too fresh to allow this to happen, slamming his legs together and crushing Alan's head in between! Groggy, the World Champion falls to the mat, as Landon quickly pulls himself up.

"Forget rock music...all Alan's hearing now is the sound of ringing in his ears." Annie says, trying to 'crack a funny'.

"Oh...hilarious." Ejiro snaps back. "I'm sure you spent all night thinking that one up...look, it's even written on that sheet of paper in front of you!"

"Oh quit it!" Annie snaps right back...hurriedly hiding one of her sheets of paper.

Grabbing Alan by the hair, Maddix pulls him up and drives a knee into the gut. A scoop by Landon, but Alan floats over the top of the slam attempt, locking on a waistlock and taking Landon over with a beautiful german suplex. Maddix bounces off the mat on impact, as Alan quickly gets back to his own feet, stopping and looking to the crowd who are suddenly applauding the show of wrestling from both men.

"This crowd showing both combatants respect...and that's something that I never tire of seeing." observes Judge.

Slowly Landon begins to pull himself up, prompting Alan forward again. Driving a knee into the ribs of Landon to drop him back down to the mat, Alan steps over, to a crouching position. Suddenly springing upwards Alan attempts a standing moonsault...

...which Landon rolls out of the way of! Quickly Landon 'jumps' to his knees, and takes Alan over with a variation of the Oklahoma Roll...

...ONE...

...T...

...Alan escapes.

"That was the move Landon won his first match with..." Judge quickly points out.

"Boy, you're full of useless facts here tonight." Ejiro retorts.

Both men get back to their feet...

SLAP!

"WHOOO!"

Clark connects with a stiff knifedge chop!

SLAP!

"WHOOO!"

Another hits the chest of Landon, before he fires back...

SLAP!

"WHOOO!"

...with one of his own.

Landon quickly grabs Alan's arm and attempts an irish whip. Making himself as heavy as possible Alan manages to put the breaks on, before countering the irish whip into one of his own. Landon hits the ropes, but manages to grab onto the top rope on his way back to stop himself. Quickly Alan charges in seeing this, but Landon raises a boot...only for Alan to put the brakes on just in time, and catch the foot. Stuck on one foot Landon swings with wild right hands, none of them connecting with Alan who pulls Landon forward...hooking the caught right leg over his left shoulder. Quickly Alan hooks his other arm around Landon's waist, and pops his hips...taking him over with a beautiful Capture Suplex!

"Amazing move by Clark!" exclaims Annie. "Landon got folded up on that one!"

Quickly Alan rolls over and pushes Landon onto his back, hooking the leg for a cover as IL dives down...

...ONE...

...T...

...quick kickout, but Landon is clearly feeling the effects.

Clark grabs Landon by the head and locks on a reverse chinlock, looking to wear down Landon. Just for a little more leverage Alan hooks his legs around Landon's right one...as IL drops down half heartedly, incase of a surprise tapout by Landon. The determination on Alan's face begins to increase as he pulls back on the neck of Maddix, a neck with a history of being easily weakened. Slowly Maddix begins to rally back and frees his leg, taking advantage by getting to his feet pretty quickly. Alan comes up with him, and tries to keep the chinlock on...

...until Maddix drops to his knees, hitting a jawbreaker! He himself ends up suffering from the move too, holding his neck as Alan meanwhile lays looking up at the lights. After a few second delay, Landon finally rolls over and tries to cover...

...ONE...

...T...

...W...

...kickout at two.

Landon gets to his feet, dragging up Clark with him. The European Champion whips Alan into the corner, the force causing Alan to crash forwards and bounce face first off the mat. Quickly Landon walks over, as Alan begins to pull himself up...and fires a right hand to his gut. Alan lands a right to the jaw back, quickly ducking and diving behind Landon and hooking on another waistlock. Another pop of the hips and Landon looks to be going for another german suplex ride...until the last second, where he suddenly locks on a headlock. Alan tries to adjust, but in this time Landon lands his feet on the top rope, pushing off and twisting around with a swinging bulldog!!!

"Beautiful counter! Landon may have this first fall wrapped up!" Ejiro gleefully shouts.

Rather than go for the cover, Landon instead pulls himself up to his feet...a smile on his face, he hops to the middle rope and encourages Alan to get to his feet. Slowly he does, as IL decides not to count Landon while he's on the ropes...knowing better than most himself how annoying it can be. Staggering forward, Alan lands right in Maddix's waiting clutches...as he hooks Alan's head, ready for the Crash Landon. Obviously having done his homework, Clark counters with a couple of right hands to the gut before Landon can fully hook him...before grabbing his arm, and YANKING him off the top rope...

...and into a fujiwara armbar!

"There's a counter from Clark!" Annie shouts, just as gleefully as Ejiro moments earlier. "And what a vital one!"

"Landon's trapped in a fujiwara armbar too...which in the right hands can be deadly!" Judge points out.

Leaning back, nearly right over Landon's body, Alan looks to pull the right arm right out of it's socket. Landon meanwhile looks to be on the verge of tapping, before suddenly rolling forwards...only for Alan to keep the arm gripped, and pull Maddix BACK into the fujiwara armbar.

"TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP!!!"

The crowd suddenly sense a quick first fall for Clark and rise to their feet, as he again begins to wrench back on the hold. Again, the free arm of Landon is raised in the air as he's poised to give it up. Alan wrenches back again...and again...

...as Landon rolls through again.

This time Landon lands on his knees, with a hold of Alan's arm by the wrist. Thinking on his...well...knees, Landon hooks the arm under his right lef, and flips over into a mahistoral cradle...

...ONE...

...T...

...both men become tangled up in the ropes, forcing IL to pull them both apart. Both quickly seperate and pull themselves up, as Landon charges forward first looking to hit a clothesline. Alan sees the arm coming, and instinctively grabs it as it flies towards him, looking for an armbar again. Dropping to his knees Landon fights the force being exerted on his arm, until he can no more, and Clark again gets into the fujiwara armbar position. Rather than wrench back on the right arm though, Clark hooks the arm in between his legs...grabbing Landon's other arm and hooking round it, with the 'Rings of Saturn' submission hold, to a murmur of excitement amongst the crowd.

"Since when did Alan Clark start with all these crazy submission holds?" questions Ejiro. "Usually he's mister speedy and flashy...and now he's pulling out the submission moves?"

"And it looks like the change in strategy may have caught Landon off guard." Judge points out in response.

IL drops down to his knees, as Landon is now yelling out in pain. In a state of panic, Maddix starts to flail his left arm about, until it finally comes free from Alan's grip...using the now free arm to swing back and catch Clark in the gut with a series of improvised backhand blows. Eventually, getting his other arm free, Landon scrambles away from Alan, and back to his feet. Clark starts to follow, as Maddix charges again...causing Alan to instinctively duck his head. Maddix reads it like a book, leaping over Clark and taking him over with a sunset flip...only for Clark to roll through, and push his legs forward for a pinfall...

...ONE...

...T...

...Landon thrusts both his legs downwards, flipping Clark upside down, and into the sunset flip position....

...ONE...

...TWO...

...Alan pushes off his shoulders in a near kip-up, taking Landon's legs with him for a pin...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...Landon twists his body left, into another sunset flip style pin...

...ONE...

...T...

...Alan escapes again by rolling through, this time hooking Landon's legs and floating over with a pin...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...T...

...H...

...Landon HEAVES himself up in a surprising show of strength, twisting around in Clark's grip, and taking the World Champion down with a backslide...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...T...

...Alan escapes, landing on his feet. The crowd are poised to applaude, as both men get to their feet...Alan drops into the 'Indy Applause Stance'™ ...

...and gets nailed with a stiff superkick to the jaw!!! Landon drops down into a pinfall attempt, as IL again has to count...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...T...

...KICKOUT!

"Clark and Maddix going move for move, counter for counter..." begins Hearford

"And Landon was smart enough to try and shock Clark with that superkick." interrupts Ejiro. "Sometimes it takes more than just wrestling ability to win a match like this...it takes brains too!"

The crowd applaude anyway, as Maddix stops for a moment...taken aback by the nostalgic feeling of not being jeered and heckled at. Clark meanwhile gets back up too, to be met with a boot to the gut from Landon. Maddix quickly fires a couple of European uppercuts to the jaw of Clark, rocking him back a couple of steps before running to the ropes. Alan swings with a clothesline as he comes back, which Landon ducks. Slowly Clark spins around, and gets hit with another European uppercut...

...but counters the next attempted one, into a backslide...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...T...

...Kickout, Landon.

Both men are quick as lightning in getting back to their feet...

SLAP!

"WHOO!"

A knifedge chop winds Maddix, long enough for Clark to irish whip Maddix into the corner. The European Champion crashes into the turnbuckles and slowly stumbles out of the corner, as Alan is waiting...and goes for a superkick. Unlike his own one earlier, Landon ducks the superkick from Clark causing the World Champ to catch his leg across the top rope. Reacting quickly Landon begins to kick upwards at Clark's hooked leg, as Alan in turn starts to ram backhanded blows to the chest of Landon. Suddenly Landon changes his attack, shoving Clark forwards so that he tumbles up and over the top rope...

...Alan however hangs onto the top rope, avoiding crashing to the floor.

"Landon is looking to catch a break here. So far it's been solid action all the way, and both men are understandably trying to preserve some energy for the second, and possibly third falls." Judge points out.

Landon is slow to react to Alan's position on the apron, actually having to be told be IL that Clark is behind him. Clark leans forward and smashes his forearm into the jaw of Maddix, only for Landon to just as quickly nail a right hand back. Another connects, stopping Alan in his tracks and giving Landon time to back up. He then charges forward leaping to the middle rope and springing off for a clothesline...

...Clark though gets his hands up, and manages to push Landon in mid-air, sending flying back into the ring and crashing hard off the mat. As soon as he lands, Alan grabs hold of the top rope and springboards into the ring...and off the middle rope, with a lionsault across the back of Maddix. Rolling him over, Alan goes for the cover...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...T...

...H...

...NO! Landon gets a shoulder up...the closest nearfall of the match.

Alan grabs Landon by the hair and pulls him to his feet, grabbing the wrist and going for an irish whip. Landon adjusts in mid whip and reverses, sending Alan into the ropes instead. He tries to come back firing a clothesline, but Landon manages to duck and run on to the ropes himself. As both charge forwards towards each other, Maddix leaves his feet and catches Clark with a beautiful flying forearm. Out of instinct Alan gets right back up to his feet, and Maddix irish whips him into the corner. Following in Landon leaps forward landing both of his feet on Clark's thighs...

"Monkey fli...NO, Alan blocks and Landon is in trouble suddenly..." Annie decides to a bit of play by play.

...Alan blocks the monkey flip however, walking out of the corner before hooking Landon's legs and causing him to land head-first on the mat. From the look on his face Maddix seems to be knocked silly as Alan holds the opponent ready in the catapult position. Looking around the crowd, they cheer wanting Alan to send Maddix to the corner. Rather than do that, Clark instead crosses Landon's legs and places his feet on their upper arms. Bending down he then hooks Landon's head and rolls backwards, pulling the head into his knees and stretching the European Champion's arms up with his feet with the 'Unplugged'!

"RAAAARRRGH!!!"

Landon immediately yells out in pain as his entire body is suddenly stretched out.

"LA AYAKITA 2000!!!" Annie calls out. "The Unplugged...Alan's got Landon tied up in a bad way here!"

"From nowhere, the tide has again turned in this all important first fall!" Judge shouts in reply.

As IL drops into a crouching position around Landon's head, Clark starts to wrench away with the Unplugged. Landon's eyes are wide open in a mix of panic and immense pain as he tries to figure out an escape...which looks out of reach.

"Landon's got no escape!" Ejiro exclaims. "Oh no...this isn't good!"

"This isn't good if you're Landon Maddix! Landon has got to think of his health here...one maybe two falls to go...he's got to give up and save himself." Judge points out in response.

"TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP!!!"

The crowd meanwhile have no sympathy, willing Alan to add as much more pressure as he can possibly manage. Landon takes a last look around, before trying to raise his arm...

...but he can't...

"I QUIT! I QUIT...I...QUIT!"

*DING DING!*

"The winner of the first fall, by submission... the SJL World Heavyweight Champion...ALAAAN CLAAAAARRRK!!!"

The crowd roar with cheers, as IL forces Clark to break the hold, which he does giving Maddix some brief restbite from the pain. Enforcing the rules IL forces Clark back across the ring, as meanwhile Maddix lays face down on the mat.

"Landon had to give up!" shouts Judge. "With a second fall looming, Landon couldn't take the risk, and HAD to give up."

"And to add to it all, Landon had to SAY I Quit, because his arm wasn't free for tapping. That has to have a mental effect on Maddix." Annie adds.

*DING DING!*

IL calls for the bell to start the second fall, as Alan hears it...like a bear at feeding time, he launches forwards past Insane Luchador and grabs Landon's legs. Hoisting them upwards once more, Clark twists the legs and steps over onto the arms...

...both of which Maddix frees, countering Clark by rolling forwards, with a roll-up...

...ONE...

...TWO...

...T...

...TWO COUNT!

"Man, Landon nearly caught Alan Clark out there!" exclaims Judge.

"Clark went to the well once too often..." adds Ejiro. "...Landon needs to catch a quick fall here. He's got to go through two more falls to win this match."

Alan quickly gets back to his feet, as Landon is up close behind. Alan meets him with a knee to the gut and a couple of stiff forearms driven into the spine. Pulling Landon into a powerbomb position Clark suddenly raises his arms in the air, playing to the crowd who are now on their feet. Hoisting him up in the air, Clark suddenly has second ideas and raises Landon onto his shoulder rather than in the traditional powerbomb position. Backing up into the corner Alan suddenly raises Landon even higher into the air by hooking his hands under Maddix’s armpits. Charging forward Clark looks to drive Maddix down with a running powerbomb…

…but Landon slips free in mid-air. A confused Alan stops his charge as quickly as possible, and turns around…

SMACK!

SUPERKICK!

Landon drops down, into a cover…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…TWO!

Landon slams his hands down on the mat in slight frustration, before getting back to his feet. Quickly Landon jogs across the ring, and begins to climb up to the top rope, the crowd responding by getting to their feet.

“Landon’s going with what brought him to the dance…the aerial maneuvers!” Ejiro happily says.

Slowly Clark starts to clamber up to his feet, spinning around as Landon adjusts on the top rope and launches forward…flying through the air like a missile, and landing perfectly on target with a flying headbutt to the head of the standing Clark!

“Suck My Kiss!!!” shouts Annie.

“No thanks…” Ejiro smartly snaps back. “I thought you were a trout fisher anyway…”

“Oh please Ejiro!” interrupts the disgusted Hearford.

Clark is out cold, but Maddix too is hurting…not only from colliding head first with Clark, but also from taking the brunt of the landing on his injured arm. A few seconds later Maddix finally crawls forward, and hooks the leg…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

…TWO! Alan gets a shoulder up.

Now getting slightly frustrated, Maddix pulls Alan up to his feet and nails a boot to the gut. He then launches upwards from Clark’s shoulders, and goes for the hurricanrana…but Alan catches him, leaving Maddix hanging upside down in the air. Landon struggles away to try and escape as Alan hooks both of Maddix’s feet…the struggling sending him staggering back, before falling to the mat…DRIVING Landon to the mat with the Acoustic Explosion!!!

“It’s OVER! Alan’s done it!” Annie screams prematurely!

Hook of the leg from Alan…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

“THREEEEE!”

…NOOOOO!!!

The crowd scream three, but Landon gets a foot on the ropes! Alan glares over at IL, who shrugs his shoulders and holds up the two fingers.

“Oh my god…that was close.” gasps Ejiro, who sounds in need of some respiratory help.

Alan sighs as he grabs Maddix by the hair, and pulls him to his feet. Suddenly, Landon swings with a right, only for Clark to duck it, sending Maddix careering forward and landing sternum first across the top turnbuckle. Alan tries to follow, but gets an elbow to the kisser for his troubles…and another. He in turn fires back with a knee to the gut, and goes to whip Landon across the ring. Maddix manages to hang on…and charge back at Clark, but he waits and launches Landon up into the air…

…high in the air…

…but he lands on the middle rope!

Adjusting to face into the ring, Maddix sticks out a boot into the chest of Clark as he turns around, and with lightning quick speed snaps off the ropes and drives him to the mat with a vicious Crash Landon!!! Clark’s face literally bounces off the canvas, as Landon very quickly turns Alan over, and makes a cover…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

…R…

…EEE!!! Maddix gets the fall!

*DING DING!*

“The winner of the second fall by pinfall, tying the match at two falls a piece…the SJL European Champion…LAAANDON MAAADDIIIX!!!”

The crowd give a mixed reaction having gained a lot of sudden respect for Maddix in this match, as IL again makes sure the loser of the fall gets the proper recovery time.

“Well…Landon got the quick second fall, which he needed.” Judge comments.

“Oh, for sure.” agrees Annie. “He needed that fall as quickly as possible, to give him enough energy for this thrid and deciding fall.”

*DING DING!*

The bell rings again to begin the third and deciding, last ever SJL fall…

…as suddenly, here comes Todd Royal!!!

“What the hell!?!” Annie angrily questions. “I thought Todd was going to stay in the back. We should have known better than to trust his word I guess!”

“I…I don’t know what to say.” Ejiro replies, unable to argue. “I can’t defend this.”

Todd slowly strolls down the aisle, getting a TON of abuse from the crowd as he does so.

In the ring, the fight continues as suddenly Alan has snapped back into life, and both men are trading heated right hands. Alan swings with a wild right which Maddix ducks…followed by another wild right which he again ducks…before nailing another superkick! Alan slumps to the mat as Maddix gets ready to make a cover…but catches sight of Todd, and abandons that, shouting up at the rampway in his mentor’s direction.

“Landon needs to concentrate on Alan Clark, not Todd Royal.” points out Ejiro a little impatiently. “After all, Todd’s on his side.”

“Landon has a little honour left in him Ejiro…that’s obviously not the case for Todd.” Annie argues…

“Hey!” Ejiro predictably fires back. “Todd hasn’t got involved ye…LANDON!”

Ejiro panics, as suddenly Alan charges forward and shoves Maddix out of the ring. He collapses to the ground as Alan is already running into the ropes, with a big head of steam. Landon meanwhile picks himself up and continues his argument with Todd, as he points back to the ring…

…where Alan cartwheels across the ring…

…and MOONSAULTS OUT ONTO LANDON!!!

“HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!”

“SPACE FLYING MOTHERF*CKIN’ TIGER DROP!!!” Annie explodes, as the crowd has suddenly done the same!

Both Alan and Landon lay hurt on the outside, Clark slowly pulling himself up to soak up the chants from the crowd. Quickly he grabs a hold of Maddix by the hair, pulling up the dead weighted Euro Champ and tossing him back into the ring before quickly following. Immediately he makes a cover…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

…TWOOO!!!

Clark jumps right back to his feet, not wasting any time in planning out his next move. Pulling Maddix up to his feet Clark goes for a boot to the gut which is caught…or rather, feeds Landon the leg. He falls for it, and Clark swings with the enziguri…

…which Maddix ducks! Clark lands on his foot though, and spins around with a ‘reverse’ enziguri, catching Maddix in the chest. Maddix’s head bounces off the mat as Clark grabs a hold of the legs of Maddix, and hooks one under the other in a texas cloverleaf position…

…but Landon reaches forward, hooks Alan’s leg and pulls him forward…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

…R…

…NO! NO! NO! NO! NO, IT’S NOT OVER!!!

NO.

“My GOD how close! Landon Maddix has less than HALF a second from winning his first ever SJL World Title! It’s that close folks. It’s THAT important!” Judge runs down.

The crowd breath a huge sigh of relief, as both men get back to their feet. Landon nails a right hand immediately, one which takes Alan off his guard and rocks him back a few steps. Planning a head Maddix hits a boot to the knee dropping Clark to the other, before launching forward looking for the shining wizard…but Alan ducks it! Landon just about manages to land on his feet, as Clark snaps on a waistlock and pulls Landon back with a beautiful, textbook german suplex. Rolling through, Clark pulls Landon up to his feet again with him and nails a second german suplex…before rolling through again, as Maddix is slowly being worn out.

“Alan is wearing down that neck…both of his big time moves that he’s hit tonight focus on the neck…plus, again…Landon has a weak neck anyway.”

“It’s smart strategy.” Annie concurs with Judge. “But it’s also GREAT execution from the World Champion.”

Alan pulls up Landon a third time, and goes for the third german suplex. By now, Landon has a good idea as to what’s going to happen and leaps through the move, landing up on Alan Clark’s shoulders. Alan nearly topples over, but somehow keeps his footing…Landon though places his head on Alan’s head, pushing himself upwards…and taking Clark down with a beautiful rolling headscissors takeover!!! Alan ends up halfway across the ring, and unable to gain his bearing in time as Maddix charges across the ring, and takes Clark over with a swinging neckbreaker! Landon quickly hooks the leg…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

…Alan kicks out!

“Alan Clark kicks out again!” exclaims Judge. “This is his dream. He has been to the promised land before…he’s tasted SWF life before…and he wants to go there again. He wants the U.S Title shot at Clusterfuck!”

Maddix drags Alan back up…and to the corner. He jumps to the middle rope…and we’re ready for another Crash Landon! Landon hooks a hold of Alan’s head and places it over his shoulder…before launching off the middle rope. This time, the snap is not so fast…allowing Alan to block, and free his head. Suddenly Landon is caught, bringing about a pop from the crowd as Alan hooks Landon’s head…

…EXPLOOODAAAHHH SUPLEX!!!

Alan hooks the leg, the crowd are on their feet…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

…R…

…TWOOOOO!!!

The crowd give a HUGELY mixed reaction as Landon kicks out. Alan now looks out of breath, breathing extremely heavily. Landon meanwhile is all but out.

All this time, Todd has continued to watch on from halfway down the ramp. Now however, behind him is Aecas…and the crowd are going nuts, as the crowd sees him but Todd doesn’t! Behind Aecas…Manson. And Spike. And Ced Ordonez? The entire SJL staffing and roster are suddenly coming down the rampway…all stopping and watching, as Todd looks a little surprised to see everyone around him.

“Would you look at this!” Ejiro surprisedly exclaims.

“The ultimate show of respect. The entire roster…all our referees, hell…even commissioner Raynor…they’re all out here to watch this match!” Judge iterates.

“And keep Todd away from the ring…” Annie quickly adds.

Back in the ring, the weary challengers are up on their feet, exchanging the right hands again. IL watches on, but despite the closed fists being swung, he doesn’t call for a DQ…he knows the match is far too important to do that to.

“ALAN!

LANDON!

ALAN!

LANDON!

ALAN!

LANDON!”

Dueling chants are started from the rampway, the crowd joining in as the right hands viciously fly back and forth. Suddenly…Landon falls to a knee. Still he swings though, the gut shots enough to drop Clark to his knees. Both men are physical exhausted, firing rights out of instinct more than anything. Suddenly, both seem to hear the chants. The fists slow down, as both men seem to start a fightback…both getting to their feet, both bodies filled to the brim with adrenaline!

“This is incredible! This is emotion!” Judge, almost lost for words, gasps all he can manage.

“This is the SJL!” Ejiro fires forward.

The fists continue flying forward…until, Landon ducks one…

…and catches the backslide…

…ONE…

…TWO…

…T…

…H…

…TWO COUNT!

Alan hops back to his feet, as best as possible, and clotheslines Landon’s HEAD off! The crowd see this and cheer wildly, thinking this is the end of the road for Landon…as does Clark, picking Landon up and signaling for the end. Pulling Landon in, Clark hoists Maddix up onto his shoulder and lets him hang down…hooking both the arms, and getting set to nail the Acoustic Explosion…

…until Landon struggles his way into a looser grip…

…and counters…

HURRICANRANA…

…PIN…

…ONE…

…TWO…

...THREEEEEEE!!!

NEW

WORLD’S

CHAMPION!

The mixed reaction fills the arena, as Maddix releases the pin in sheer adulation! IL grabs his hand and raises it triumphantly in the air, as suddenly Todd has broken from the pack, and rolled into the ring…Megan Skye too.

“The dream has been realized!” exclaims Hearford emotionally. “On this night, the last night…Landon Maddix…is the World’s best! My god, Landon Maddix has done it…and, I couldn’t be more delighted at this moment!”

Todd takes the two belts and places one over each of Landon’s shoulders, as he drops to his knees…tears of joy streaming down his face. Alan Clark meanwhile watches on from across the ring, unable to believe what happened. The House Of Todd begin to celebrate…as, suddenly Alan walks over. This brings the House to alert…and they all turn to Alan…

…WHO EXTENDS A HAND…

…THERE’S THE SHAKE~!

“RAAAAGHHH!!!”

The rest of the staff and roster suddenly roll into the ring…as the sound of microphones hitting the ground joins in, with Ejiro, Judge and Annie all piling into the ring as well. The Gund is filled with “SJL” chants, as emotion runs over…

“The SJL has ended the way it should…

…the right way…

…with everyone having a nice day.

Goodbye SJL…we hardly knew ye!”

The crowd continue chanting, as the scene fades down on the SJL for the historic last time...

Some time later, once the fans at the Gund Arena had all but cleared out, the cleaning crews had come in to pick up the pieces after the final taping of SJL programming. For the wrestlers still celebrating backstage, it was finally time to go.

Three year Junior League veteran Jacob Helmsley, gym bag in hand, was one of the last to leave. He had seen it all and more during his tenure with the SJL, and now he was finally getting his chance in the SWF itself. Still, there were a lot of memories attached to his former home, and as he traversed the corridor toward the exit, he was momentarily lost in reflection.

"Hi, Jake," called out a voice behind Helmsley. "Good to see you again."

Jake spun around in surprise. "Pete! I didn't know you were at the building."

A solemn Longdogger Pete nodded. "I... felt I had to be here. I spent a lot of time here, and it's sort of sad to see that it's over." And then he smiled. "But hey, it's great for you -- finally making it to the SWF. You deserve it."

"It's nice to have something to look forward too," Helmsley admitted. "Hey, I think a bunch of us are going out on the town tonight to celebrate. You want to come along?"

Pete shook his head. "I think I'd rather not draw too much attention to myself, if it's all the same to you."

"Well, have it your way, I suppose. So what's been happening with you? Still hanging around the indies?"

"Not so much anymore," replied Pete. "I've got sort of a side project I've been working on. But hey, you never know when I might turn up again."

"Maybe someday we'll get one more go-round," said Helmsley. "If you ever come back."

"You never know," Pete repeated. "Well, it's been nice chatting with you but I've got to move on. Good luck in the Clusterfuck."

"Thanks."

Pete smiled to Jake one more time and shook his old rival's hand. Then without another word, he headed out the door into the cold Cleveland air.