TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Best Avengers Line Up

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

To those who love THE AVENGERS what's your favorite line up of the comic?

I'd have to say it was the Goliath/Black Panther/Hawkeye/Wasp quartet that also teamed with Thor, Iron Man, and Cap on occaision even though they were all on leaves of absence. This would be BEFORE Goliath became Yellowjacket, Hawkeye became Goliath II, the title went to hell, and Black Knight koined (which was cool.)

My favorite lineup was the pre-Onslaught group: Black Widow, Captain America, Crystal, Giant-Man, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Vision, and Wasp.

To bad they messed it up with the Liefeld version.

Chairman Iron Man

followed by the Vision

Captain America

the Scarlet Witch

The Beast (allright!)

the Wasp

and lastly, the Falcon (the what?!)

with appearences from Hawkeye, Wonderman, Ms.Marvel, and Quicksilver.

The Kurt Busiek/George Perez Avengers lineup was awesome. As long as the Cap/Iron Man/Thor trinity is maintained then it's OK with me. Add Hawkeye, Wasp, Vision, Wonder Man and then it's perfect.

One of their earlier lineups from around #100 of the original series had:

Captain America

Hawkeye

Iron Man

Thor

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Quicksilver

Seven's a good number of members, and all of them (well, maybe all of them but Quicksilver) have important ties to the history of the Avengers.

Another very recent lineup had:

Captain America

Iron Man

Thor

Vision

Wasp

Hawkeye

Scarlet Witch

Ant-Man

I think both of those are probably deserve recognition of being considered...though, in reality, there's been far more absolute crap lineups of the Avengers than good.

The Kurt Busiek/George Perez Avengers lineup was awesome. As long as the Cap/Iron Man/Thor trinity is maintained then it's OK with me. Add Hawkeye, Wasp, Vision, Wonder Man and then it's perfect.

West Coast Avengers?

West Coast Avengers?

Only if they add Tigra and Mockingbird (who also is on the is dead and is staying dead list as of now).

West Coast Avengers?

Only if they add Tigra and Mockingbird (who also is on the is dead and is staying dead list as of now).

NOOOOOO, no, no, no Tigra or Mockingbird for me. WCA didn't have Thor or Cap, did they?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Hawkeye, Wonder Man, Iron Man, Tigra, Mockingbird was the WCA? And I think the Iron Man was the black guy not Tony Stark.

That would be Jim Rhodes, who later became War Machine.

WCA was always Thor and Cap-less, although they did have USAgent. Tony Stark was also a member of WCA.

And, ironically, Tony Stark would be the deciding vote when the Avengers voted to disband the West Coast half of the team. (The idea to cancel the West Coast branch could probably constitute a thread in itself.) Stark would go on with many of the West Coast outcasts and form Force Works (a.k.a. the Avengers done X-Men style!), which had a pretty good core lineup in its own right:

Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Man, Spider Woman, USAgent

BTW, here's a picture of the Busiek/Perez-era (I believe) Avengers squad:

justicefirestar.jpg

The girl with the lightning bolt is Ms. Marvel, IIRC. The girl in the fire suit is Firestar and the guy jumping in the background is Justice, or Vance Astro - they're both the "reservists" that were recruited from the New Warriors.

She was running with the Starjammers for a while under the name Binary (when she had unbelievable energy projection powers after the Brood accidentally tapped into her Kree enhanced genes).

Since the Starjammers are/were allied witht he Shi'ar empire, they wound up being brought into the Shi'ar/Kree was, as well as the Avengers. She had her ass kicked and was beaten really badly and left on earth to recover. When she recovered, her powerse were severely lessened (lower than when she was Binary, but around the same level as Ms. Marvel with stuper strength, flight, etc. but with some energy blasts). Basically this lack in power caused her to get extremely depressed, eventually becoming an alcoholic, and getting kicked out of the Avengers.

Damn and I thought Rouge of the X-Men somehow killed Ms. Marvel when she took her powers.

Was'nt there a black female character that used the name Capt. Mar-vel or something similiar? I think she was a member when Black Knight was there in the late 80's - Early 90's

A bit old school but I like the team in the early days when it consisted of Cap, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Giant-Man & Wasp. That was a good solid team.

Second votes would go to the West Coast Avengers team of Vision, Scarlet Witch, Mockingbird, Hawkeye, Wonder Man, Tigra and Moon Knight.

Damn and I thought Rouge of the X-Men somehow killed Ms. Marvel when she took her powers.

Was'nt there a black female character that used the name Capt. Mar-vel or something similiar? I think she was a member when Black Knight was there in the late 80's - Early 90's

Yep. She was a member of one of the gloriously awful lineups with Captain America, Dr. Druid, the Black Knight, and She-Hulk: Attorney at Law.

How many times did Henry Pym change gimmicks? 5 or more? I remember him as Antman and Giantman, then he was just the professor for awhile then became Hawkeye II?