TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
deancoles

Jeff Hardy to return?

Talk of Jeff Hardy returning to WWE is again making the rounds. If a deal is worked out, which is a big if, Hardy would be part of the cruiserweight division on Smackdown. WWE is considering bringing Hardy back since he would add some star power and interest to the cruiserweight division.

Credit:Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Jeff, the crackhead, who quit, lost his passion, returns and gets a "super push" on Smackdown while Matt continues to headline Heat.

Maybe some time off helped Hardy get over some of his personal demons, and re-ignited his passion for the sport. Maybe he's in better shape both physically and mentally. Maybe we should let him come back and then judge him.

Naaah, it's more fun to just slam him based on his past. Why bother giving him a second chance, right?

Guest hunger4unger

I for one would welcome a Jeff Hardy return providing he has cleaned hisself up.

I found him to be very entertaining.

Guest Dynamite Kido

If he doesn't come back = I don't care

If he comes back = I don't care

See the difference?

Guest Bottled Black

Meh, He should come back to Raw and battle Jericho for Trish's affections. But that would entail remembering that they seemed to be pairing Trish and Jeff before he left. Silly me for thinking the WWE would actually use you know continuation.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jeff Hardy come back, assuming he is in better shape then when he left. Believe it or not, there are a lot of Jeff Hardy marks out there who I'm sure would love to see him back. Putting him in Smackdown would also give the CW division one more over face than just Rey Misterio.

If he doesn't come back = I don't care

If he comes back = I don't care

See the difference?

I *DO* care if he comes back - they'll plop him in the CW Division and make him the #1 guy, which would suck.

Here's an idea - instead of bringing back Jeff because the CW Division "needs star power", build up the guys you currently have under contract. The division is dead because you use the guys as rag dolls for the big guys, and give the title matches 3 minutes on PPV's.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of Jeff Hardy marks out there who I'm sure would love to see him back. Putting him in Smackdown would also give the CW division one more over face than just Rey Misterio.

Plus it would finally give the CW division somebody who wasn't a one-note character for once.

In terms of talent getting wasted by drugs, Jeff Hardy's right up there with Jake Roberts, in my opinion. His in-ring work was sinking at an alarming rate since his feud with Matt Hardy (and, possibly, even before that), but he was still a popular and recognizable character on Raw. Actually, near the end of his run, Hardy was actually in a fairly compelling storyline (frustrated and keeps wanting to lash out and do heel-like behavior, but is holding onto face ideals...thanks to some pushing from Shawn Michaels).

He was getting heat. They were dwindling down with every spot he blew, but he still had a dedicated fanbase.

Hopefully, the WWE can build on what's left of his past success, even though Hardy's final month was the very definitely of "fading away." As somebody said earlier, Hardy's past interest with Trish could actually put another interesting kink in the Jericho/Trish/Christian dynamic and possibly rejuvenate Hardy's career. A move to Smackdown could give Hardy more intriguing matchup possibilities (a white trash rival in Jamie Noble over Nidia, for example) and more invigorating workrate possibilities within the CW division.

Jeff Hardy can come back and be a force in the midcard. The key to the whole thing, of course, is that he stays clean and motivated. And, in the wrestling business, there's never any guarantees. He may put on the match of his life against Tajiri and end up in a memorial on WWE.com from mixing painkillers with exotic drugs. He may come back for one match, flub a handful of spots, and be promptly shown the door.

In either case...at least he's coming back. I'd rather try to give a talented former-midcard guy a chance than bring up another big palooka from OVW who's just as likely (if not more likely) to get hurt or hurt others in the ring.

Guest Dynamite Kido
JeffFact: Jeff somehow got released by a company that keeps the Cat, Mark Henry, and Orlando Jordan employed.

Jeff Fact: Jeff is better than The Cat, Orlando Jordan, and Mark Henry.......on drugs.

I really enjoyed his ladder match w/ Taker.

Same here. I think that should definitely be on DVD, whether it be a Taker one or a history of Ladder Matches (kind of like the BloodBath DVD).

In his time off, I really think that Jeff Hardy has propably learned the hard way of how difficult it is to break into the music business. He's had plenty of time to heal/rest, so if he does return his workrate will be better.

I like Jeff and i was digging the way his character was going (shame about the workrate and drug habit). I always thought that the way forward was to turn him from a frustrated babyface who couldn't win into a vicious heel who made up for his lack of size by a simple refusal to lay down and die (this is Jeff Hardy remember; the guy already took insane risks to hurt his opponents, so if his opponents are recognised faces - uber-heel heat) and an attitude that he no longer CARED if he won - he just wanted to hurt someone. And in the process, he found he was now able to win matches. The whole "now I've lost everything you can take nothing from me" idea.

nl5fact: nl5xsk1 thinks that making fun of people with addiction problems isn't cool or funny.

nl5fact: nl5xsk1 would rather watch a rejuvenated Jeff Hardy than a lot of the indy fanboys that most people on this board give the verbal fellatio to.

nl5fact: nl5xsk1 thinks that making fun of people with addiction problems isn't cool or funny.

nl5fact: nl5xsk1 would rather watch a rejuvenated Jeff Hardy than a lot of the indy fanboys that most people on this board give the verbal fellatio to.

Those two tidbits are also Steviekick-facts as well.

I like Jeff and i was digging the way his character was going (shame about the workrate and drug habit). I always thought that the way forward was to turn him from a frustrated babyface who couldn't win into a vicious heel who made up for his lack of size by a simple refusal to lay down and die (this is Jeff Hardy remember; the guy already took insane risks to hurt his opponents, so if his opponents are recognised faces - uber-heel heat) and an attitude that he no longer CARED if he won - he just wanted to hurt someone. And in the process, he found he was now able to win matches. The whole "now I've lost everything you can take nothing from me" idea. 

That is a great idea of how Hardy could get over. It's a drastic departure from his current character, kind of like Shawn Michaels throwing Marty through the window.

I used to like Jeff more than Matt back when they first were a team. Them Jeff started sucking, Matt starting improving, so I changed my mind.

Remember when people were saying Jeff was the next HBK? Ha.

My interest in Jeff disappeared when he started looking like a zombie.

I was never a big fan of the gay jokes (so what if he is?) but he was actually less disturbing when he and Matt wore identical clothing and kept standing a little too close together. I would much prefer that than the crazy guy with the hankies, arm covered in paint, and clothes that looked like they hadn't been washed in 2 months.