TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jester

Austin--What Will It Take

When he becomes gay....and I mean really gay....and not funny gay like Rico. Just plain evil gay. Who would like him then?

Oh yeah, he stops drinking beer, becomes crippled, loses his redneck accent, gets a british one, grows grey hair, and wears only a thong to the ring.

Then, he'll be hated.

Oh come on, don't fall for those stereotypes.

Being gay never stopped Bradshaw from drinking beer, keeping the Texas accent, coloring his hair all the time, and wearing long tights.

I swear one day he's going to come to the ring driving the ATV drunk out of his mind and end of running over and hurting someone badly.

So the road agents, trainers, wrestlers, techs, cameramen, make-up artists and "gorilla position" crew won't notice this before they run the angle?

Also, on Off The Record a few weeks ago Coach was asking Austin does he drink beer while he's hunting and Austin said no. Somehow I have feeling that Austin gets loaded with his friends while hunting. Austin and friends with loaded guns drunk out of his mind, that should be fun.

Drinking alcohol while hunting is a fairly common tradition, EK.

They are the cornerstones of a Southern redneck's life - they go hand in hand.

So the road agents, trainers, wrestlers, techs, cameramen, make-up artists and "gorilla position" crew won't notice this before they run the angle?

With the way Austin comes out drunk alot of times no I don't.

Drinking alcohol while hunting is a fairly common tradition, EK.

They are the cornerstones of a Southern redneck's life - they go hand in hand.

Dude no shit I live in Tenn and seen my share of rednecks.

Wasn't he pretty hated during the InVasion angle before WHAT caught on?

Sort of, but it was the most forced heat I'd ever seen. He really wasn't over as a heel at all until he turned on the WWF for the alliance, before that it was basically a lost cause.

Then WHAT came along and it was just impossible to hate Austin anymore.

Unless Austin went on a drunk rant calling all the fans "fucking sheep" and started to totally trash them, I doubt people will hate him. Last SD event I went to, I asked people who went to Raw how the Raw show was, and they said it was boring, quiet, and it sucked because Austin wasn't there. Now, I'm not defending Austin's character right now, because I also am not into it at all. I think he should have one more big money match with Hogan, and then become a manager.

He was NEVER a true heel during that entire run (except for the first few weeks) - Vince tried to play the angle that he was a loveable heel that stood behind HHH's diabolical schemes.

He was NEVER a true heel during that entire run (except for the first few weeks) - Vince tried to play the angle that he was a loveable heel that stood behind HHH's diabolical schemes.

I remember the first three weeks into his ultra-heel run, when the commentators were in shock and turned on him, the biggest pops on Raw were when Austin and Triple H beat the shit out of the Hardyz.

Guest Choken One

That was an interesting time...

Since Benoit and Jericho were being "groomed" for that main event run...They decided to just take the most abcract Mid-card tandem possible and shove them into the spotlight along with little lita as well...

That was a odd moment in time for WWE...the fact The Hardyz headlined WWE for like two straight weeks against the two biggest names in wrestling and were made to look CREDIBLE at that was just odd...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I remember the first three weeks into his ultra-heel run, when the commentators were in shock and turned on him, the biggest pops on Raw were when Austin and Triple H beat the shit out of the Hardyz.

How about Paranoid Austin beating the shit out of Cole....to cheers. Oy. But damn that was great, with Cole covering up like a little bitch.,

Didn't the crowd pop when HHH ripped on "Sheriff" Austin in a promo?

I didn't hear them pop, but when HHH went off on Austin, I thought "He kinda has a point" and I think the crowd did too.

Didn't the crowd pop when HHH ripped on "Sheriff" Austin in a promo?

If that was what HHH was like in D-X then I'm sorry I missed it. Basically HHH had me in stitches, and indeed actually had me INTERESTED in what he had to say for the first time since I restarted watching just prior to SummerSlam '00. Unfortunately the next week he was back to his long... drawn-out... speech that takes too... damn... long to get to the... point.