TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rawmvp

WRESTLEMANIA XX: WWF vs. WWE

Guest rawmvp

Ok, I know this seems farfetched, but imagine if Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, The Ultimate Warrior, Ted Dibiase, Jake the Snake and the Macho Man Randy Savage came back.

I know, I know...you're probably thinking that it's implausible and not feasible.

Imagine if Eric Bischoff summons Hulk Hogan to take out Steve Austin. "Real American" blares over the speakers, as Hogan comes out to a resounding ovation. He steps into the ring, cups his ear, and rips his shirt to reveal the classic WWF logo underneath. As he speaks to the live audience, it becomes clear that he is disgusted with the company that "he built." He could argue that World Wrestling Entertainment, in its present form, pales in comparison to the halcyon days of the World Wrestling Federation. Hogan could argue that he, along with other World Wrestling Federation superstars, built the foundation of the company that so many wrestlers -- including Austin -- reap the benefits from. As he expresses his discontent about how WWE is only a watered down "imposter" of the great organization (World Wrestling Federation) he once worked for, Austin comes out and says something to the effect of, "Hey Hogan, I don't care what you think, but today's WWE wrestlers are much more skilled, tough, and successful than you and your gang of World Wrestling Federation superstars ever were...as far as I'm concerned , the World Wrestling Federation is dead and a new, more exciting, more innovative generation of WWE superstars -- including myself -- have taken over." Hogan: "You and the rest of WWE have disgraced everything that the World Wrestling Federation once stood for... we built WrestleMania (and the other BIG 3 PPVs), but in recent years you WWE punks have made a mockery of it ... I can't stand here and let you destroy what my fellow World Wrestling Federation superstars and I fought so diligently to uphold... we were and always will be the Godfathers of wrestling, brotha........."

The week thereafter, the Macho Man Randy Savage shows up and expresses similar sentiments.

In subsequent weeks, the Ultimate Warrior, Ted Dibiase, Bret Hart, and Jake the Snake "illicitly" come out of crowds and maul WWE superstars during matches. After pummeling WWE wrestlers into oblivion, they can leave their mark by covering them with World Wrestling Federation banners. This will pit the "old school" generation vs. the "new school" generation. Ironically, the Undertaker, who is reverting back to his old incarnation, can join this group, as well. Ditto Shawn Micheals who was always a World Wrestling Federation mainstay.

So, at WrestleMania we'll end up with something like this:

Hogan vs. Austin

Rock vs. HBK

Angle vs. Bret Hart

Taker vs. Kane

Jericho vs. Savage

Brock vs. Warrior

and so on...

What do you think?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

If the old school guys were willing to job, and were healthy to wrestle, and if WM is 5 hours long, I wouldn't mind a few of those matches, as long as the major titles are on the line in other matches.

It would be a markout Mania but half those new school people are past there time.

SCSA isn't new school Cena is. Rock isn't new school Brock Lesnar is.

It would get ratings but it wouldn't do shit in the future methinks.

In subsequent weeks, the Ultimate Warrior, Ted Dibiase, Bret Hart, and Jake the Snake "illicitly" come out of crowds

Anyone else laugh their ass off over this? Or do I just have a really awful sense of humour?

Seriously though, I have *no* desire to see the Ultimate Warrior fuck up the greatest show of all time, even if his role is minimal, however an Old School vs New School just won't work.

Why?

A) Warrior won't job

B) Bret Hart CANNOT WRESTLE ANYMORE

C) Jake Roberts will end up in rehab before showtime

D) Ted Dibiase will disagree with Vince's inevitable decision to have some stupid, degrading angle on the show and opt out.

Next.

UYI

Stupid fucking idea. You should get a job with WWE.

That is if the romance novel industry doesn't snap him up.

:lol:

Seriously though, this is not a good idea. One 'legend' type of match might be a good idea, more than that would be terrible.

Austin can't wrestle anymore

Yes...yes, he very much can, and will be doing so soon.

Delusions are funny.

The man's neck is beyond fucked. He can't safely wrestle and if I were him I wouldn't risk it.

He said in a very recent interview he'd be wrestling again, and has said the same thing before. He'll be back.