TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheyCallMeMark

Triple h -

Guest TheyCallMeMark

I took a breif gander over some tapes I have been saving, made of various SD!'s, PPV's, RAW's etc... And someting has started to become glaringly obvious to me, and sure as hell should've noted it before. Actually Im sort of ashamed of being diluted about this for so long; even though I was a mark. Alot, and I really mean alot of the matches I have tapes of incorporate Triple H. After all, he was the one all the good wrestlers had to face. So, going on a trip(Hah hah... hah hah...) down memory lane, I noticed his development, and was brought back into the thoughts I had in my markhood.

I hated Triple H for as long as I can remember, until up to about a year ago when I found the Smarks, got knowledge, decided not to be taken advantage of or manipulated (Smarks saying Marks are being controlled is just Booker calling the Rock black, when they're merely different shades) in that way and was influenced to think about ringwork over interview work. I still didn't really like HHH, nor thought he was good.

I began, at the time, to relize that HHH was in some honestly good matches. This was perhaps two months after I had started recording. So now I stopped recording matchs I like due to the characters, but due to the coolness of the match itself.

The matches are predomidantly made up of HHH.

Now, immidiatly, every HHH supporter will say to himself "I already knew that", while anti-HHH forces will say "Bull-shit." It looks like that's where I'm going... But wait a moment. What I'm really going to get at here is coming up...

Every match was against somebody good. Somebody who could carry a man who was carryable. This points to three facts. A, Triple H can be carried. B, The number of good matches at the time was high, but the number of truley outstanding matches was low. And the final, most disturbing piece, C, HHH completely dominated the upper card. He was matched with everyone... so other fueds sort of sputtered...

Then he got injured, and suddenly, the amount of overall good matches dropped, but the outstanding matches became more common than in HHH's reign. The matches i have recorded reflects that. There aren't as many, but they are definatly better.

*You can skip this formula reading... it's not important, though I thought it was clever...*

Now that he has come back, he is bigger. However another thing about him has become glaringly obvious... Something I like the call the H Factor. It's a formula. For matches. It goes:

xy + c + w - l =z

X is one opponents skill (You would have of course to use the skill in the particular type of match, i.e. while Angle might be 7 or 8 brawling, he would be closer to 9 in a technical match). Y is the others. C is the amount the crowd was into it. W stands for workrate, or effort, and L is for lazyness or sloppyness. Z is the outcome of the match. If you can figure out one of the letters, you can get a range of the match itself. Let's say the scale for each variable is 1 - 10. 5 is average. Lets put HHH at 7, Rock maybe 8, Austin maybe 9.  Jericho, Angle, Beniot can all sit at around 7. Using the formula, lets see his range against these opponents. 120 being perfection, a five star masterpiece, 1 being a negative five star shithole.

Max Possible for HHH: 100/120 (Against a perfect competitor)

Min Possible for HHH: 17/120 (Against your mom)

Rock:  46-76

Austin: 53-83

Jericho/Angle/Beniot: 39-69

To figure out * ratings, just divide the number from 120... Change it to % by moving the decimal, and see every ten percent upwards as a single *, begining at -***** being 1.

Now, the minimuns are all pretty unlikely, the upper spectrums are what I'm looking at. Now I think my formula is very accurate, and is good, though some might argue HHH is in a higher league than I put him, some lower etc... But in my mind this is very accurate... And a reflection of HHH's inability to put on an amazing classic with anyone save a higher talent.

*If you skipped start reading here I guess.*

If anything, the tapes have proven HHH is his normal self in the ring, except maybe a little slower... We just didn't realized how not godlike he was due to the fact that he had the title, and we tried to make the best of it. And his heat is definatly sub-par to RVD's, which may be the reason RVD is getting the mute.

Although in one region HHH has my respect. He could have, if he had wanted, assuredly, come back and crushed everything in his path. He wouldn't be having the mediocre heat he's getting now, but at the same time he didn't damage the company and disturb the whole equilibrium when he came back. Matchwise, it was modest. HHH has proved he is better, in and outside the lockeroom, than Hogan unqestionably.

Long live the game, eh?

Guest Tony149

HHH matches are slower because of two things. 1. He's too big. He can stand to lose about 10 pounds of un-needed weight. His matches right now are done in a slow pace ie. the handicap match with Angle & Jericho from Smackdown. To make sure HHH doesn't blown up in the ring. 2. Ring rust. That's not as big of a deal from reason 1, though.

HHH is better than Hogan for sure.

Guest alexcc79
HHH matches are slower because of two things.

He wasn't exactly Rey Mysterio, Jr. before the injury.  HHH was never that fast.  Sure he could lose some weight, but I mean, it's not like he'll get blazing fast with that alone.  And as far as the two reasons for HHH being slower (weight, ring rust) good idea, but do you think that a reason he is slower could be a leg injury?  I mean the legs are kind of important in running as far as a I know.  Get off HHH's ass.  I agree with the idea that HHH can be carried to spectacular matches.  I think he still can be.  The Y2J/Angle match wasn't great because everyone was uninspired.  They know the nWo is coming in and that the quality of matches is about to not matter.

Guest Tony149
He wasn't exactly Rey Mysterio, Jr. before the injury.  HHH was never that fast.  Sure he could lose some weight, but I mean, it's not like he'll get blazing fast with that alone.  And as far as the two reasons for HHH being slower (weight, ring rust) good idea, but do you think that a reason he is slower could be a leg injury?  I mean the legs are kind of important in running as far as a I know.  Get off HHH's ass.

He was faster (Not by much) than he is now. Abouting getting off of HHH's ass. If he wasn't ready to wrestle, then he shouldn't have come back until he was.

Guest Brian

Triple H bumps like hell and sells like hell, he just needs to turn heel and lose some weight. He should never be a face.