Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrigidSoul

The OAO Tom Brady is the Best QB in the NFL Thread

Guest FrigidSoul

Fuck Steve McNair

Fuck Bret Favre

Fuck Peyton Manning

Fuck Donovan McChunky Chicken Chowder

The best QB in the NFL is Tom Brady. 34-12 in the regular season, 6-0 in the playoffs, 2 SB wins in 2 Visits now and 2 SB MVPs

Here's your football god bitches

capt.sbx27602020432.super_bowl_sbx276.jpg

Guest FrigidSoul
you sir are the Liberace of TSM.

This coming from a poster who probably does molest little boys

Bow before your football god bitch

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I don't think Joe Montana ever needed a kicker twice to win him a championship. He did it himself. Imagine if Favre, Manning, McNair, or even McNabb had the Patriots defense on the other side of the ball - boy, it would be a completely different story. Brady = good, Brady is not the best. Who else would've gotten the MVP instead of Brady? If no one else plays a remarkable game, it always gets given to the QB. Look at Delhomme, the guy played fucking terrible for 2 1/2 quarters and he still would have been given the MVP.

In closing

Brady good but Brady not best.

Guest FrigidSoul

Brady still isn't in his prime though. Adam V only made one FG tonight while Brady had over 300 yards passing and 3 TDs...can't say the kicker went out and won it(unless of course your name is Mike Vanderjact...then you win every game and the rest of your team sucks until Peyton tells you off).

By the end of Brady's career he will have 3 more SB wins at least barring injuries. He will have the streak for most consecutive playoff games one to start a career, and he will end up with the most SB MVPs.

He's a winner, unlike the other QBs the national media like to give constant handjobs to.

Guest HungryJack

Delhomme deserved it . Bradys decent but nothing special.

Elway is and forever will be the man.

55-10...nuff said.

Not to really bash Brady and I really don't care about the debate since its pointless with Brady still being so young as he could blow out his knee week 1 next year and never hear from him again. That being said Joe Montana never threw an incredibly bad interception (really what was Brady thinking?) in a Super Bowl to let the opposing team back in the game. In fact Montana never threw an interception in a Super Bowl.

Guest FrigidSoul
Delhomme deserved it .

No he didn't, his team lost...maybe if he got those 2 point conversions

Bradys decent but nothing special.

Go scroll to the top of the page and reread the man's accomplishments

Brady's already won as many Super Bowls as he did, and without a running back as good as Terrell Davis

Also look at how many badly thrown balls Brady threw that Troy Brown or another receiver made excellent catches on.

Can we compromise and say Tom Brady was the best quarterback to play in Super Bowl XXXVIII?

By the end of Brady's career he will have 3 more SB wins at least barring injuries. He will have the streak for most consecutive playoff games one to start a career, and he will end up with the most SB MVPs.

Are you kidding me?

He didn't even make the playoffs last year. They completely lucked out, and undeservedly won 2 years ago. I'll give it to them this year, they were amazing. But this guy...and team has alot more to do before they can be considered great like Montana's...fuck, even Young's 49'ers.

The Broncos won two straight championships a few years ago and we aren't all blowing our load calling them a dynasty. We shouldn't do that for the Patriots especially for their aforementioned assfuck of a season last year.

Brady is great at staying under control and reading plays, but I can't help but think that his ass had been saved so many times but a fucking amazing defense.

And no one QB gets their fucking balls licked more than Tom Brady. Phill Simms was verbally tossing his salad all night.

Elway only won two championships. Thats true. But look at the difference in defenses. The Patriots are built around their defense, The Broncos were built around Elway.

Tom Brady is good but it blows my mind that anyone would dare be blasphemous enough to compare him to Elway, Montana, Aikman, Favre, Marino, or any other great QB who MADE their team. The ones who single handidly changed the game. Where the game was decided on how THEY played. Brady contributed in quite a few offensive stinkers that were saved by his superior defense.

Guest FrigidSoul
He didn't even make the playoffs last year

The defense was old last year and Brady was playing most of the season with a torn shoulder

The Broncos won two straight championships a few years ago and we aren't all blowing our load calling them a dynasty.

And the reason being because Elway retired, thus everybody knew they wouldn't continue with Little Griese at the helm

Brady is great at staying under control and reading plays, but I can't help but think that his ass had been saved so many times but a fucking amazing defense.

Brady saved the defense a few times himself this season, including tonight. Other games include Denver and Houston. The defense was great but Tom Brady is the team leader.

And no one QB gets their fucking balls licked more than Tom Brady.  Phill Simms was verbally tossing his salad all night.

Simms had nobody else to praise. All year it was McNair, McNabb, Manning, and Favre(after his father's death). You know Brady wasn't spoken of even 1/100 as often...but that's ok...I'm sure those other 4 enjoyed watching the game while Brady won it.

I agree they have alot more to do before they can be put up there with Montana's 49er's, I'm just saying look out cause Brady's only 26 and most QBs hit their peak at age 28-30.

And then, in the preseason, during Brady's only series, Ray Lewis slams him into the ground on a sack, giving him a concussion.

Or how about tearing an ACL? That'd put him out for most of the season.

Maybe if someone came and blindsided him and tore his right bicep in mid-release?

Seriously, it's the NFL. Brady is good and he has the opportunity to be something special, but the league is far too volatile for you to have any grounds to declare, without a shadow of a doubt, that he's going to win three more Super Bowls.

And then, in the preseason, during Brady's only series, Ray Lewis slams him into the ground on a sack, giving him a concussion.

Why's it got to be Ray Lewis?

Oh, and the Ravens and the Patriots face each other in the upcoming regular season ..

Guest Mosaicv2

i aint goin to post anythin since tis thread & board loves to bash Tom Brady & the Pats :angry:

For my two cents, American Football is the stupidest sport ever. It has no flow, it has relatively few scoring opportunities compared to other sports, the crowds are lacklustre and its too fucking long and boring.

It's a poor mans rugby. As long as that poor man is also stupid and a pussy.

Well he's good.......but he's not as good as the aformentioned greatest QB's.

The Patriots are a more complete team. They don't have one person that excels at carrying the team on their back like some past teams. That's why the Pats win b/c they're a team.

The Cowboys AND Niners of the early '90s, the Packers of '97/'98, and both of the Broncos' Super Bowl winning teams would have made Brady cry like a little bitch in the playoffs.

As Banky said, Brady = good, not great. Brady's teams may win, but he hardly dominates anyone the way Aikman, Favre, Elway, Young, and Montana did. Brady does just enough to get by 90% of the time. His winning drive last night (against an exhausted defense) was pretty clutch, but he still had to have Vinatieri win it for him. And if he hadn't thrown that pick earlier, they'd have already had the game won.

For my two cents, American Football is the stupidest sport ever. It has no flow, it has relatively few scoring opportunities compared to other sports, the crowds are lacklustre and its too fucking long and boring.

Have you ever even watched a football game? No flow? No scoring? WTF?

You gotta be tough to play rugby (and I know...we had intramural rugby at college), but can you honestly tell me that guys like Ray Lewis, Roy Williams, or Rodney Harrison wouldn't whoop some serious ass if they played? Please.

Guest Goodear

For my two cents, American Football is the stupidest sport ever.

Oh goody.

It has no flow.

Depends what you mean by flow. If you mean they start and stop after every play, then yes indeed you would be correct in that the 'flow' is less then in, say, hockey. But they aren't trying to have flow, thats like complaining that there's no tackling in baseball.

it has relatively few scoring opportunities compared to other sports

Wah? That must explain why soccer and baseball scores are often 1-0 and 2-2.

the crowds are lacklustre and its too fucking long and boring.

Compared to WHAT? It's faster and louder than just about any sport you want to mention.

Have you ever even watched a football game? No flow? No scoring? WTF?

You gotta be tough to play rugby (and I know...we had intramural rugby at college), but can you honestly tell me that guys like Ray Lewis, Roy Williams, or Rodney Harrison wouldn't whoop some serious ass if they played? Please.

I dunno who those guys are, but the type of people who play football and rugby are completely different. Amereican football needs short burts of speed and aggression, whereas rugby needs more stamina.

For my two cents, American Football is the stupidest sport ever.

Oh goody.

It has no flow.

Depends what you mean by flow.  If you mean they start and stop after every play, then yes indeed you would be correct in that the 'flow' is less then in, say,  hockey.  But they aren't trying to have flow, thats like complaining that there's no tackling in baseball.

it has relatively few scoring opportunities compared to other sports

Wah?  That must explain why soccer and baseball scores are often 1-0 and 2-2.

the crowds are lacklustre and its too fucking long and boring.

Compared to WHAT?  It's faster and louder than just about any sport you want to mention.

Lets compare this to, for example, association football. TomCo to AF's Fertig. A good football game may not have to scoring of an AF game, but there are far more chances. Watch a game of top flight soccer. There will generally be good scoring chances every minute. Compare this to AF where a realistic scoring opportunity happens once every few minutes of game time. The fact that those chances rarely go in just increases the tension and makes a goal more special. The amount of goals don't make a game and you're a moron if you think that. That's like saying darts is better than basketball simply because more happens. If a game is tight (eg tied or within a goal of a tie) then there is more emotion, more opportunity for things to change at any second.

As for the crowds, the SuperBowl is AF's biggest event, and the crowds were fucking dead for most of it. If yu've ever seen a major game of football, the fans are alive throughout. Even when the game slows down, they're still singing non-stop. And as for the game not being long? over 3 hours to play an 80 minute game? Bullshit! Why can't they play in two 40 minute halves?

And as for the fucking ghey touchdown celebrations? That's enough reason in itself to hate the sport. Fucking morons.

Guest Goodear

Lets compare this to, for example, association football. TomCo to AF's Fertig. A good football game may not have to scoring of an AF game, but there are far more chances. Watch a game of top flight soccer. There will generally be good scoring chances every minute.

Having watched little association football, I would have to say these 'scoring chances' are basically only something you pick up on if you watch the thing for years. Otherwise it looks like an awful lot like mid field play that hardly ever leads to even a shot on goal much less actual scoring.

The amount of goals don't make a game and you're a moron if you think that. That's like saying darts is better than basketball simply because more happens. If a game is tight (eg tied or within a goal of a tie) then there is more emotion, more opportunity for things to change at any second.

Tight NFL games happen all the time though. It's just more of a continuous build than OMG ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN ANYTIME (but it won't)! You can feel it when NFL teams start drives and then get closer and closer and closer and... YESSSSS! Americans also like having things called winners and losers and totally lose interest watching two hours of whatever only to find out... well... no one won.

As for the crowds, the SuperBowl is AF's biggest event, and the crowds were fucking dead for most of it.

Thats because the Superbowl is played on a neutral sight in front of a bunch of coporate fans. You aren't going to find a bunch of rowdy New England fans in Houston. Believe me, I would love for that to change, but its not representative of a normal NFL game.

And as for the game not being long? over 3 hours to play an 80 minute game? Bullshit! Why can't they play in two 40 minute halves?

Uhm, the quarter breaks are almost insignificant. The play stops more often because of television timeouts than because of the quarters. NFL is basically made for television with its built in stoppages that help build up tension for the typical American viewer.

And as for the fucking ghey touchdown celebrations? That's enough reason in itself to hate the sport. Fucking morons.

And soccer celibrations don't happen? I'll admit that I don't follow the thing tightly but I've seen my shair of guys with shinguards running and jumping and sliding after goals.

Oh and..."GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! ARGENTINA!"

Soccer celebrations are better than AF celebrations. You get the impression that in AF their celebrations are photo opportunites, whereas in Soccer they are more genuine pleasure.

Fair point about the SB, but other AF crowds I've seen have been relatively dead.

When you say "Americans also like having things called winners and losers and totally lose interest watching two hours of whatever only to find out... well... no one won." that doesn't help your cause. If anything it suggests that Americans are too dumb to watch a game without all those exciting goals and celebrations.

Maybe you didn't watch the right games (and maybe I haven't either) but chances happen a lot more frequently in soccer than AF. The midfield stuff is no more time consuming than a side in AF trying to play out of their own half.

I think the major problem I have with AF, though, is that it's taylored around television. That's not what sport should be about.

Guest FrigidSoul

Something brought about today is Tom Brady now holds the record for most completions in a Single SuperBowl. Best QB in the NFL today.

If Donovan F McNabb had a healthy defense and one good receiver the Eagles would of been to the Superbowl.

And soccer celibrations don't happen? I'll admit that I don't follow the thing tightly but I've seen my shair of guys with shinguards running and jumping and sliding after goals.

Oh and..."GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! ARGENTINA!"

Or the celebration of running around with the shirt over the head, the worm, the diving slide, etc...