TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justcoz

It's time for "Sexy Boy" to go...

This is something that I got to thinking of on Monday night after seeing how mediocre Booker T and Chris Jericho's entrances have become since they are using their WWE Originals tracks. Booker gets a pop with the Can You Dig it intro and then it seems everyone sits down when that God awful new song comes on. I'm hoping this doesn't carry over to Mysterio and Angle and they leave their music be.

HOWEVER... one man who does need a new theme song, something so um... not 1991... is Shawn Michaels. Will they please get this man a new theme song!!!! Dump the sparkling ring attire also. First of all, he's approaching 40 if he isn't already, he isn't a sexy boy. Second, the song does not fit his current born again character. If he is now back on the roster full time and the plans are to have him be Raw's top face - the shtick needs updated.

He can't go back to DX song since that also doesn't fit his character. How about having P.O.D. or someone in the inoffensive metal genre, do a new track for him and his righteous/positive character?

And while we are at it... That "Ass Man" tune has got to go also... Same with Bischoff's tune...

pnr1.gif

LISTEN TO THE PITTSBURGH MUSIC SCENE

Guest BionicRedneck

I agree. As a heel he's fine, but as a babyface Shawn Michaels is the uncoolest man on TV.

LISTEN TO THE FUCKING MUSIC! IT'S 2004 FOR FUCK'S SAKE! COME TO TERMS WITH YOUR HAIR LOSS! STOP SAYING "NIMROD"! YOU'RE NOT 14 ANY MORE!!!!

Eh, I don't like it when someone changes their theme repeatedly.

Rock, for example, has had WAY too many different themes since he became "The Rock"

Some themes will just stick with you forever.

That being said, I still will mark for "Sexy Boy", no matter how old Michaels is. I just like the song for some odd reason.

...possibly because I also mark for "Real American"...*shrug*

Guest Choken One

I'm shocked he didn't steal X's old music

"CHRISTIAN! CHRISTIAN! CHRISTIAN!"

I'm shocked he didn't steal X's old music

"CHRISTIAN! CHRISTIAN! CHRISTIAN!"

I'd rather Christian go back to that theme...

..and while he's at it, bring back the showering pyro.

The WWE is not going to pay another band to do a song they might lose the rights too after four months.

While the song doesn't fit him, I have no confidence in the WWE to produce another song for him. I'm just accepting the song means he feels young inside now.

Guest Dynamite Kido
How about having P.O.D. or someone in the inoffensive metal genre, do a new track for him and his righteous/positive character?

I'm just a Jesus boy, Jeeeesuuuuussss BOOOOOOy, I'm not Satan's Toy, SAAAAAAAATIIIIIINS TOOOOOOY. I'm just a Jesus Boy..........

Guest hunger4unger

I like HBK's theme and I think that without it his character just wouldn't be the same.

Guest JMA
I like HBK's theme and I think that without it his character just wouldn't be the same.

His character ALREADY isn't the same.

When was the last time he broke any hearts, anyway?

...when he refused to become HHH's valet? :P

When he had to say goodbye to Jeff?

Okay, seriously--yeah, I don't get why they kept the same theme, but considering how bad a lot of the recent new themes are (they let Jim Johnston go, didn't they?), I'd rather the classic theme stay.

Guest Krazy Karter

Has anyone here ever heard Shawn's song "Bad Attitude" from the UK version of Volume 2?

It's the same guy that sings "AssMan" singing about Shawn.

Funny shit.

Guest hunger4unger

...when he refused to become HHH's valet? :P

When he had to say goodbye to Jeff?

Okay, seriously--yeah, I don't get why they kept the same theme, but considering how bad a lot of the recent new themes are (they let Jim Johnston go, didn't they?), I'd rather the classic theme stay.

Perhaps I should have explained myself better - without his music, Michaels jsut wouldn't be the same. It's a part of the whole package.

Jim Johnston still writes and produces music for WWE.

. First of all, he's approaching 40 if he isn't already, he isn't a sexy boy.

reading this line sent me into uncontrollable laughter for a minute or so. :lol:

The point he's trying to make is that Shawn isn't the same anymore. He's found God and he's serious and all that. He's not HBK anymore (didn't he say that when he first came back?). I'd say changing his theme once in the past 13 years wouldn't be considered "constantly".

Flair, he's still the Nature Boy b/c well, his character hasn't changed in 30 years now, hehe.

Chris, I knew someone would call me on the Ric Flair - Nature Boy thing. Thing is Shawn Michaels was never billed as "Sexy Boy" Shawn Michaels. He was the "Heart Break Kid". Something of which he isn't anymore either. Ric Flair still styles and profiles to this day and maintains the Nature Boy image with the bleached hair, suits, strut, etc. Shawn is no longer a pretty boy and no longer a heartbreaker and he looks foolish in his ring attire. He's a Holy Boy and no longer portrays the David Lee Roth wildman image. It he's going to be around for a few more years, especially as a face, he needs to step into 2004. If I was a 15 year old kid tuning into wrestling for the first time and saw this nimrod, I'd comment that this stuff is gay, I'd switch stations and more than likely miss a great match.

Jimbo, I generally have my fiance, sometimes my mother present and female best friend present when I watch wrestling. Not to mention that no guys where I work watch it, only a few women who I have to discuss things with. So, yes, I know what a sexy man is. Chris Sabin has beautiful hair and beautiful eyes. I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality and the fact that I still react to titties like it was the first time I saw them to post that ;)

Dynamite1980's chorus was HYSTERICAL! I tried to write a few versus around that chorus but it was just coming off lame so I gave up.

I understand the connection there is to Shawn Michaels and that song. Just as I understood people's connection with Hulk Hogan/Real American/and the red and yellow but I still thought it was lame when they brought it back. Hogan had moved on with the times and that's what revitalized his career. Nobody was digging the Red and Yellow anymore which was the reason they changed the character.

Shawn Michaels was also doing the same prior to his injury. His popularity was declining with the babyface, "Sexy Boy"/Jose Lethario thing and he moved on into DX with new music and the Show Stopper/Main Event billing. Now it's time to do that again, especially if he's sticking around and being pushed.

pnr1.gif

LISTEN TO THE PITTSBURGH MUSIC SCENE

While I do think that HBK coming out to his old theme does seem a little out of place, I just can't see him coming out to any other theme. As he mentions on his DVD, it brings back a lot of good memories for him, so I can see in that respect why he still comes out to it. And at this point, whos to say how much longer he will be wrestling too.

Hey, the Rockers theme is still available, right? And a guy by the name of Al Snow is still with the company. You know you want your NEW New Rockers. Call WWE TODAY!

Anyway, let HBK keep the damn Sexy Boy theme.

Guest Krazy Karter

That would be an awesome way to turn Shawn heel.

Orton: Shawn, you're too damn old to be sexy

Shawn: Wha?

Orton: Hang it up Shawn, you're nothing like you used to be

:: Shawn walks away dejected ::

(later in ring)

Orton: Like I was saying, Shawn Michaels is too old to do anything...

:: "Rockers" music plays ::

:: Shawn runs out in his 5 sizes-too small Rockers outfit ::

Orton: Shawn, you look like an idiot

:: Shawn does flying dropkicks into thin air repeatedly ::

Orton: Give up

Shawn: You're right. Fuck this shit. Fuck these fans. I'm Shawn Fucking Michaels. And if you don't like it, fuck this!

:: crotch-chop ::

Guest Deviant

^ That right there is ten times better than the Foley angle, and I'm not hating the Foley angle either.

"Sexy Boy" is the only song I ever want to see Shawn Michaels use as his entrance theme. He's had it for 11 years, and it's his trademark.

Giving Shawn some some shitty nu-metal song by P.O.D. would be like changing Ric Flair's theme to "Nookie" by Limp Bizkit.

In other words, it would be sacrilegious.

Guest Ray

Who cares what music a wrestler uses? Silly me, I thought a wrestler's matches were the important thing....

Guest Quik

(later in ring)

Shawn: You're right. Fuck this shit. Fuck these fans. I'm Shawn Fucking Michaels. And if you don't like it, fuck this!

Jesus Christ Allmighty would I mark out like a little bitch if that happened (Minus the Rockers part).

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

(later in ring)

Shawn: You're right.  Fuck this shit.  Fuck these fans.  I'm Shawn Fucking Michaels.  And if you don't like it, fuck this!

Jesus Christ Allmighty would I mark out like a little bitch if that happened (Minus the Rockers part).

Marty Jannetty can return for one night only and be thrown through a glass window.

I'd LMAO at the image of Shawn in a Rocker attire too small for him.

Sexy Boy pops a crowd like no other. It's a great song. Michaels didn't even debut this version in 1991, NIMROD. Check your facts, "historian"...hell, he didn't even turn heel and use the "Sherri" version until early January '92.

His current version pops a crowd, and reminds us that Michaels is indeed, the BEST worker on Raw. He's one of, if not the, greatest talents of all time.

And if anything, his music reminds us that...while also helping to remind people that "look up his age" or bash his hair (which I'm guessing you're probably what, envious of?) and look at his WRESTLING skill.

Bischoff's music is quite fitting, as well. The opening cue is very annoying, and casual fans can recognize it easily.

Guest Krazy Karter
Michaels didn't even debut this version in 1991, NIMROD. Check your facts, "historian"...hell, he didn't even turn heel and use the "Sherri" version until early January '92.

We all make mistakes.

Shawn used "Rhapsody In Blue" as his first heel theme anyway.

Guest Deebo

I don't think it matters if he isn't the "Heartbreak Kid" anymore. Even though I think there's no reason that he can't use that name. I mean what did he ever do that fit that nickname anyway? Ever since he turned face in 95' he never really did anything like he did when he was the cocky, arrogant, looking at himself in the mirror all the time heel after he left Marty Jannetty.

The Heartbreak Kid nickname didn't fit in his D-X run, his gimmick was basically a cocky asshole, but did he really do anything that fit him still wearing the heart tights and using the HBK nickname? No. All these things just go along with Shawn Michaels and probably always will.