TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Some Guy

This yes network thing

Guest Some Guy

I hear that New Yorkers only get to watch about 43 Yankee games on TV this year because of a petty dispute between Steinbrenner and Chuck Dolan (who actually out bid the Henry group for the Red Sox, but didn't get it).  This sucks for you guys, I really mean it too, no sarcasm. I I only was avle to watch 40 Sox games I'd be royally pissed.  So are you goning to get more games? Or are you guys stuck with 3/4 of the season blacked out?

Guest alkeiper

The cable company in question is Cablevision.  Right now the only other option for their subscribers is DirectTV.  It's a shame really.  Luckily, my PA cable company picked up the channel.  I hate the Yankees, but more baseball is ok in my book.

Guest treble charged

I thought that I was only going to be able to get about 40 Jays games this year, since TSN and CBC were only going to show that much combined, with Roger's SportsNet getting the bulk of the rest, and I didn't get SportsNet, but about a week after the season opened, SportsNet started coming in at my place.  That, and the Score, which has the Wednesday afternoon and Sunday night games picked up from ESPN, along with Braves games on TBS means I'm getting a boatload of games (for the time being, at least).

Guest alkeiper

I get 162 Yankee games, 162 Phillies games, Mets games on MSG and Braves games on TBS.  I'm not a big fan of the Mets, Braves, or Yankees, but like I said, its baseball, what more do you want?

Guest Brush with Greatness

Baseball sucks until October.  Who really wants to sit down for 4 hours and watch 162 meaningless games?  Theres alot better things to do with my time in the summer.

Guest Some Guy
Baseball sucks until October.  Who really wants to sit down for 4 hours and watch 162 meaningless games?  Theres alot better things to do with my time in the summer.

I do.  And it's more like 3 hr 15 min. ;)

Guest Choken One

This is what's wrong with America today, Nobody appreciates Baseball. No, they flock a moronic sport where the object is to slap other's butts and tackle. I've played both sports for 12 years and Football is least competive game and requires zero intelligence. Baseball is different.

Guest dreamer420

I'm Canadian, so hockey is where it's at in my home.  I'm not really a baseball fan.

Guest Smues

There's nothing better than watching 9 innings of baseball. (or if you're a Braves fan like me there's nothing more frustrating than watching 14 innings of baseball). I've been a baseball fan since I was 6, and until recently I'd only gone to one game in my life. Now that I'm in college in Seattle I have access to a lot of games and I must say NOTHING beats watching a ball game live. And I actually get to go see my Braves this year live too, so I'm proud to say I'm going to waste my summer sitting on my ass watching grown men chew tobacco and grab themselves on national TV.

Guest Choken One

Thank you Smues, I'm glad people still love the great game of Baseball. One of my greatest baseball moments was just a 2 years go involving the Braves. They came to Cincy and it was a packed house (37,000 sold strong) and John Rocker was really heckling the fans (such as me) the thing was, there were about 6 abnoxious drunk racist redneck braves fans there, sadly Securtiy never did anything about these three that loudly said and I wish I never had to type this "Fuck that "N", spoiled ass "n"", off course he refered to Jr. We were down 4-1 in the bottom of the 9th and we rallyed to tie and we beat the Braves in 11 innings in dramatic fashion and the best part was seeing the braves fans stumble down the steps.

See little ancedotes like that make baseball.

Guest TUS_02

My dad works for a cable company that has been hasseled by Cablevision to broadcast the YES channel.  He was telling me that Cablevision wanted an obsene amount of money for it.  There was an article on it in the NY Times a month ago.

Guest Choken One

It's just me but No Professional Team ought to have thier own channel.

Guest Smues

I agree, but don't even start trying to telling me that TBS shouldn't show so many Braves games.

Guest Choken One

Does Rupert Murdoch play all Dodger games on FOX? No. Why does Turner have to play all Braves games on Atlanta?

Guest Some Guy

He plays them on TBS because they good draw ratings ratings for cable, the Dogders wouldn't draw good ratings in LA on Fox, most likely, let alone the whole country.

Guest Jericholic82

you think thats bad. Try being me.  Now that I live out in Sunny CA, I only see about 8 to 10 games a season if I am lucky.  And I have yet to see one game this year.  ESPN was supposed to show the yanks/as game on wednesday but they instead showed angles/mariners (wtf?).  BTW is it possible to get YES out here via a dish, or is the espn mlb package that good.  just wondering, since my digital cable soon will be offering the sports packages.

Guest MaxPower27

Living down here in Florida, I get access to the simply awesome D-Rays and Marlins on FOX Sports NET and UPN. Being originally from Massachusetts, it's a far cry from having NESN and SOX on FOX 25. I get to see the Sox when they play the D-rays.

Aren't they doing a different style of interleague play this year?

Guest Some Guy

"Aren't they doing a different style of interleague play this year?"

Yes the AL east is Playing the NL West and so on, but the Red Sox aren't playing the Giants because the Braves have been declared their natural rivals or something, so they play them every year.  yanks/Mets, Cle/Cin, Chi Sox/ Cubs, etc.. are other rivals.