TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tom

WWE Folder Rules and Regulations

1. We will have a daily news thread. Any of the backstage gossip, rumors and other news items that are released over the course of the day can be posted in this thread. Any comments on the news would also be made in this thread. The purpose of this is to avoid multiple threads discussing subjects such as Faarooq going to Pep Boys or Kevin Nash showing up backstage at Wrestlemania. Also, use some common sense when starting "OAO wrestler x sucks" threads and be prepared to back up your opinion.

2. The OAO RAW and Smackdown threads are still allowed, but they must be self-contained. Any overall show discussion can be made in another thread, but whenever possible, please limit the number of new threads discussing the same subject matter.

3. DO NOT start a thread for Smackdown spoilers until the spoilers are available. If you start a thread for spoilers and do not have them, the thread will be deleted and you will receive a warning by PM. If this is a regular occurence, the mods reserve the right to ban on a case-by-case basis.

4. If you make a double post, do not make another post apologizing for making a double post.

5. One-line posts, when relevant, on topic and not excessive are perfectly acceptable. We will be watching the boards carefully and if a poster is abusing this by never contributing anything of substance and only posting small tidbits that add nothing to the discussion, the poster will be warned by PM.

6. When copying and pasting a news story from another website, provide a source (i.e. credit WON, Torch, etc.) to the original article. Copying and pasting without crediting a source is actually an illegal practice.

7. Before asking a question, use the search engine at the top of the page to make sure the question has not previously been asked. If it has been asked, refer to that thread, and if not, feel free to start a new topic. If the demand is there, the mods will look into pinning a thread at the top of the page with answers to wrestling questions, resources and helpful links.

8. The mods will try to do all warnings through PMs whenever possible. We ask that you show the same courtesy. If you have any complaints about the way the folder is being run, please PM one of the mods or post your comments in the Feedback folder.

9. If you do not know how to use the search, quote or URL functions, please refer to the FAQ. If your questions are not answered there, please feel free to contact any mod.

10. The forum is only for WWE related material. All news or opinions involving former or non-WWE wrestlers (like Kevin Nash or Hulk Hogan) that have nothing to do with WWE specifically, belong in the General Wrestling folder.

11. Have fun! Help us make the WWE folder the best place for WWE discussion anywhere. If you have any suggestions to make the WWE folder a better place, the mods want to hear from you.

3. DO NOT start a thread for Smackdown spoilers until the spoilers are available. If you start a thread for spoilers and do not have them, the thread will be deleted and you will receive a warning by PM. If this is a regular occurence, the mods reserve the right to ban on a case-by-case basis.

I dub thee, the "Choken rule."

10. The forum is only for WWE related material. All news or opinions involving former or non-WWE wrestlers (like Kevin Nash or Hulk Hogan) that have nothing to do with WWE specifically, belong in the General Wrestling folder.

Good idea. Sick of hearing about that stuff here.

I assume that if it regards rumors that X guy is coming back to WWE, that's legal, though.

Guest Choken One

Holding me down aren't ya...

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Holding me down aren't ya...

You've Been HHHeld Down!!!

The news thread thing is good in theory, but on a particularly busy news day (which don't happen often, but still), there could be many topics of discussion within the thread and it could get confusing. Also, I think that certain exceptions should be made for "BREAKING NEWS STORIES" to have their own thread.

A suggestion is to have a pinned thread for buyrates/ratings since they get posted every week, and the first post could be updated with the new info (maybe in a list that could also show patterns over the weeks and such?) so that you wouldn't have to read the whole thread if you were just curious as to how the ratings were.

Otherwise, Im fine with the rules...

Guest Krazy Karter

I'm cool with everything.

Oh wait...

Copying and pasting without crediting a source is actually an illegal practice.

In a professional setting, yes.

Here, no.

But if you want to say that to get people to credit sources as part of the new rule, I understand.

The news thread thing is good in theory, but on a particularly busy news day (which don't happen often, but still), there could be many topics of discussion within the thread and it could get confusing.

Bro, have you seen this folder in the last, I don't know, year? I find much of this stuff hard to follow since the thread almost always gets off topic. I think the daily news thread is a good idea in a big setting like this. Those of you who are just used to posting for the sake of it, well, get used to post something of worth instead of just looking for another easy post. That'll clear up a lot of these threads in no time.

The news thread thing is good in theory, but on a particularly busy news day (which don't happen often, but still), there could be many topics of discussion within the thread and it could get confusing.

Bro, have you seen this folder in the last, I don't know, year? I find much of this stuff hard to follow since the thread almost always gets off topic. I think the daily news thread is a good idea in a big setting like this. Those of you who are just used to posting for the sake of it, well, get used to post something of worth instead of just looking for another easy post. That'll clear up a lot of these threads in no time.

The threads usually get off topic either A) right from the start since no one cares about what was posted or B)After the topic has been discussed fully.

I honestly would rather have 6 different threads about news items so that I could selectively choose what I want to read instead of having to sift through one long thread and all the posts for the same 6 articles. What would be nice is if the first post of the news thread is updated with all the of the current news items up for discussion. That would make the 1 thread for all the days news faster and better than the 6 different threads scenario.

Guest Deebo

The threads usually get off topic either A) right from the start since no one cares about what was posted or B)After the topic has been discussed fully.

I honestly would rather have 6 different threads about news items so that I could selectively choose what I want to read instead of having to sift through one long thread and all the posts for the same 6 articles. What would be nice is if the first post of the news thread is updated with all the of the current news items up for discussion. That would make the 1 thread for all the days news faster and better than the 6 different threads scenario.

I agree with Marvin. People looking for actual news are going to have to swim through tons of posts to find it. I think everything you listed is a good idea except for the daily news thread.

Guest Krazy Karter

Suggestion: NEWS tags

In the same vein as QUOTE tags, but make NEWS tags turn the selected text into white text on a black background.

That way the articles stand out for those not wanting to sift through opinions.

Another potential problem is that at midnight theres gonna be probably 3 OAO News threads posted in a span of about 5 seconds because everyones gonna want to start it (until the novelty wears off). I think that the news thread should have to be started by a poster who actually has an item of news (like the Smackdown spoiler rule) to start discussing instead of "Heres the thread, post the news when you get it."

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Another potential problem is that at midnight theres gonna be probably 3 OAO News threads posted in a span of about 5 seconds because everyones gonna want to start it (until the novelty wears off). I think that the news thread should have to be started by a poster who actually has an item of news (like the Smackdown spoiler rule) to start discussing instead of "Heres the thread, post the news when you get it."

<<<only person to start one.

The only news that I knew of was already posted a minute earlier (Goldberg/Brock at NWO angle).

I think the first time or two it should be like that to familiarize people who are too lazy to read the rules.

Guest ManKinnd

Please don't make one thread for news. I like to read about Wrestlemania updates and wrestler interviews, but don't want to scroll through "Christian gets a new haircut" and "Test happy with new roll on Heat."

Guest FrigidSoul

I would like to see Dames come in and give his seal of approval since this is his site. I like DrTom's icon but when it comes down to rules and regulations being made for this place I believe it should come down to Dames posting them. Unless he's already begun his move to Conn...in which case he needs to stop by and get me stoned...I mean um...say hi

Guest Deviant

If I wasn't completely irrelevant and likely to be banned as an example, I'd double post, apologise for double posting, then post a fourth time to says that I forgot the new rules and apologise for apologising...

Ok, no I wouldn't, but my dumbass sense of humour would get a kick out of it if someone had done it.

7. Before asking a question, use the search engine at the top of the page to make sure the question has not previously been asked. If it has been asked, refer to that thread, and if not, feel free to start a new topic. If the demand is there, the mods will look into pinning a thread at the top of the page with answers to wrestling questions, resources and helpful link

You are asking too much here. Why not just use you MERGE powers where you see fit.

Guest wildpegasus

I want to quickly find out news. If everything's in one topic stuff is going to be harder to find. The news will just be lost somewhere in the thread. Nothing's wrong with the folder the way it is. It doesn't take any time at all to read information you want.

I would like to see Dames come in and give his seal of approval since this is his site. I like DrTom's icon but when it comes down to rules and regulations being made for this place I believe it should come down to Dames posting them. Unless he's already begun his move to Conn...in which case he needs to stop by and get me stoned...I mean um...say hi

Dames will either make an official post on the matter tonight or sometime tomorrow.

I see where the concern is and Dames has said he will address.

In the meantime, I will be the designated mod that will help out the folder mods with whatever they will need.

So they couldn't, you know, pick a time to post the rules where they could, you know, discuss them and take questions and focus on concerns? Just wanting to know. Their organization thus far doesn't give me much hope for the future, especially since this is a rather "big" thing to spring on us. Again, I don't mind the rules, but the implementation of them and the reasonings for them SUCK.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Hardcore Discussion and SNKT make fun of the WWE Folder :(

Wooo! Dames is here. (waits for some of the brown-nosers to pop up.)

Back on topic, I don't mind a daily news thread. Saves time of worrying about multiple threads to discuss when all can go in 1.