TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SamoaRowe

Album of Albums

Favorite Album by Ben Folds, solo or with Darren and Robert?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Album by Ben Folds, solo or with Darren and Robert?

• Ben Folds Five
    • Naked Baby Photos
    • Whatever and Ever Amen
    • The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner
    • Rockin' The Suburbs
    • Ben Folds Live
    • Speed Graphic (EP)
    • Sunny 16 (EP)

I know Ben Folds isn't as well known as many of the other "album of album" threads, but I just had to post this. I love everything this guy writes and I'm sort of curious to see who else here might know him, let alone be a fan.

I'm with you in the love everything Ben Folds does camp. I seem to get locked into an album of his and play it repeatedly, even to this day. It's really hard to chose a favorite because of this, as it's really whatever I was listening to most recently.

Objectively speaking, I think that the self titled album and Unauthorized Biography are my two favorites, followed extremely closely by Rockin the Suberbs. Whatever & ever amen loses a bit with me due to the overexposure of Brick, but I do think it's an incredible album. So solid the whole way through, with some great great tracks.

The live album is fun, but doesn't have too much new material. I love the dvd version of him performing Tiny Dancer. I died laughing the first time I saw that.

On a minor side note, do you know when the album by the Bens is comign out?

I'm with you in the love everything Ben Folds does camp. I seem to get locked into an album of his and play it repeatedly, even to this day. It's really hard to chose a favorite because of this, as it's really whatever I was listening to most recently.

Objectively speaking, I think that the self titled album and Unauthorized Biography are my two favorites, followed extremely closely by Rockin the Suberbs. Whatever & ever amen loses a bit with me due to the overexposure of Brick, but I do think it's an incredible album. So solid the whole way through, with some great great tracks.

The live album is fun, but doesn't have too much new material. I love the dvd version of him performing Tiny Dancer. I died laughing the first time I saw that.

On a minor side note, do you know when the album by the Bens is comign out?

Yay, I'm not alone :D

I fully agree, I think I chose the self-titled album as my favorite just out of it being vintage Ben Folds Five, but he's yet to be involved with an album that I didn't just completely love.

I think the Bens is already out, it's up on Rhapsody. I've listened to some of it, it's interesting to say that least. :headbang:

Guest Just Looking

Whatever got me into BFF, but I prefer the original the best. While in college, I would put their 3 discs into my cd player and hit random, and I'd listen until I was done with my paper. Good times.

By the way, I think "Battle of Who Could Care Less" should be the theme song for this message board (especially the WWE folder).