TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

COMPLETE Monday Night Wars Extras

Guest reshad974
I wish it had Hart/Benoit, I want to see that so bad, rather than "Bret screwed Bret". He even admits he screwed Bret now.

That was at a PPV, not on Nitro, right?

I think their just including Monday Night stuff.

It was on Nitro the night after Owen died.

A few months rather.

I stand corrected.

it was a few months later when Nitro was held in the same arena where Owen died.

Guest Goodear
Would it have killed them to put Bret/Benoit (owen tribute match) on there.

Well, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to pop that onto the Monday Night Wars DVD when it doesn't have a whole lot to do with 'the war' itself. Sure, if you're going for a best of Nitro or what have you, that would be fine. But in this context, I'm not sure it would make as much sense as the rest of the inclusions.

Guest FrigidSoul

I'll pass on this one. They could have and should have done alot more but instead it seems to be

Monday Night Wars!: How Vince McMahon Got His Groove Back

Guest Goodear
Yeah, because, ya know, WWE is ALL ABOUT doing things in context w/ the situation.

Well... no. But the home video people are actually pretty good though. And hopefully one day we will have a Best of Benoit or Hart set that will cover that material and be able to do it for the first time rather than have a Foley DVD situation (which seems to be far less well received than the Flair one) where everyone had seen the majority of the material on WWE releases previously.

Well... no. But the home video people are actually pretty good though. And hopefully one day we will have a Best of Benoit or Hart set that will cover that material and be able to do it for the first time rather than have a Foley DVD situation (which seems to be far less well received than the Flair one) where everyone had seen the majority of the material on WWE releases previously

Maybe it didn't/won't do the sales numbers that the Flair DVD did, but I think it's doing pretty good. It ranked in the top 70-selling items on Amazon.com, just like the Flair DVD, which is an absolute rarity for wrestling releases. And the DVD itself is pretty good, even if you already have the Hard Knocks DVD. That one's out of print, so I'm sure some people are thankful for the new one.

Guest Besus
*Eric Bischoff challenges Vince McMahon (05/11/98)

Is this when he told Vince to show up at his house/backyard or I'm thinking of somethingelse?

I don't know what HHH/HBK vs. LOD really has to do with the Monday Night Wars, but it was on the same night Bret Hart made his first WCW appearance (which would probably be a much better fit for this DVD than than DX/LOD).

Guest Krazy Karter

Is this when he told Vince to show up at his house/backyard or I'm thinking of somethingelse?

It was at the Slamboree PPV. Eric Bischoff issued an open challenge for Vince to show up and have a match with him.

He gave pictures of Vince, DX and Steve Austin to security and said to "let them in if they show up".

Well, when it came time to have the match, Bischoff came out, Buffer did an intro for Vince, and Vince didn't show.

So Bischoff had the ref do a 10-count and of course Bischoff "beat" McMahon.

It was at the Slamboree PPV. Eric Bischoff issued an open challenge for Vince to show up and have a match with him.

He gave pictures of Vince, DX and Steve Austin to security and said to "let them in if they show up".

Well, when it came time to have the match, Bischoff came out, Buffer did an intro for Vince, and Vince didn't show.

And then when Vince bought WCW, didn't he say he wanted Ted Turner to come to Wrestlemania to seal the deal or something along those lines?

And then when Vince bought WCW, didn't he say he wanted Ted Turner to come to Wrestlemania to seal the deal or something along those lines?

Ah, it was just apart of the angle man, so Shane could shock everyone and announce he was the new 'Owner' of wCw and he'd be at Wrestlemania to kick Vince's ass.

Man, the whole WCW thing just started off bad anyways, using it to add heat to the Father/Son match at Wrestlemania.

Boooo.

Eric Bischoff challenges Vince McMahon (05/11/98)

I can't believe that this is going to be included. I almost bet that they won't show the part where Vince gets counted out and Bischoff is announced the winner.

This is the Nitro segment:

(from slashwrestling.com)

ERIC BISCHOFF's theme (aka the NWO Nitro theme) plays - and sure enough, it's Eazy-E himself on a motorsickle. "I wonder what Vince McMahon is thinking - he's been sending his wannabes around - but he only sends them where he knows I'm not gonna be!" He goes on to tell Sean Waltman he's not going to get an apology, instead he can "bite me" and that he's only doing what Vince tells him to do. For an encore, Eric invites McMahon to Worcester and Slamboree, where they can settle it in the ring, one on one, and Bischoff would knock him out. This is surreal on so many levels and I have to wonder if Eric has had a little too much sleep depravation from the ratings levels lately

Yeah, because, ya know, WWE is ALL ABOUT doing things in context w/ the situation.

Well... no. But the home video people are actually pretty good though. And hopefully one day we will have a Best of Benoit or Hart set that will cover that material and be able to do it for the first time rather than have a Foley DVD situation (which seems to be far less well received than the Flair one) where everyone had seen the majority of the material on WWE releases previously.

I think they are waiting to put that on either the Bret DVD or Benoit DVD.

They should make a Benoit DVD!

I think they are waiting to put that on either the Bret DVD or Benoit DVD.

They should make a Benoit DVD!

No way man, I'm sure Vince has plans of a Rikishi or Ernest Miller DVD before a Benoit project.

Silly Mole.