TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Beyonce Up For The Role Of Lois Lane...

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
You heard it first at Superhero Hype!, and now singer/actress Beyoncé Knowles herself has confirmed that she is up for the role of Lois Lane in Warner Bros.' new Superman adaptation, to which McG is attached to direct.

She tells Extra, "I hope so. Everyone pray that happens for me." We'll have to wait and see what the studio decides to do with the casting.

Superhero Hype! had also learned from the same source that Pirates of the Caribbean star Johnny Depp was being eyed for the role of Lex Luthor in the film. There's been no further confirmation of that at this point.

Beyoncé can next be seen on Sunday night at the Grammy Awards, where she has the opening act with Prince. Johnny Depp's next film, the thriller Secret Window, hits theaters on March 12.

Credit: ComingSoon.net / Superhero Hype!

Now don't get me wrong, I never mind seeing Beyonce. BUT, Lois Lane ? No.

Guest Choken One

Beyonce/Depp is just wrong...

Depp seems COMPLETELY wrong for Luther...

Pray tell, who will be the Man of Steel then? Heath Ledger?

Guest El Satanico

I can't picture Johnny Depp as Lex Luthor, but I wouldn't really complain if he was cast.

Beyonce won't be cast...I refuse to give the rumor credit

Guest Choken One

does it really fucking matter if Lois Lane is black or white? was her skin color an important part of the character? No.

Guest Choken One

but it was never a part of her character...So as long as they keep it the same fucking character, It doesn't make ANY fucking difference.

Guest El Satanico

Beyonce being a tanned Lois Lane, is the least of the problems with her being cast. It's her "acting" I don't want any part of.

Yes it does b/c there's always a BS reason behind the skin change color. It's always "Well there wasn't enough black people in the movie" and "We had to please the colored audience....."

Please every fucking black person I know could give two shits if there's enough black people in a movie or not! I swear this PC goody good bullshit is getting out of hand.

Especially when the normal people who it's supposed to be protecting don't care.

I mean seriously to all the black people on this forum.........would you have said "Man fuck DareDevil! There's not enough black people in it!" if the Kingpin had been white??? I doubt it.

This is me being pissed about changes to the original artwork and original concept for some BS PC reason.

Guest El Satanico

Everything has been going great for the new Batman movie, but Superman has been having problems at every step.

Guest El Satanico
With this news presented, I now hope this new Superman movie flops.

You hope a movie flops due to news of who could potentially be cast? Wow...that's stupid. At least wait until the movie is officially cast before you freak out.

GREAT!

Way to think McG!

This is setting up to be that comedy Warner Bros wanted. I now think Mike Myers should be Superman, or maybe Chris Tucker. OR JACKIE CHAN!

Yes! Jackie Chan! I want to see Superman doing kung fu with Beyonce Knowles trying to act her way around and Johnny Depp doing Mick Jagger for his role as Lex! And Ozzy as Doomsday! With a soundtrack by Justin Timberlake and the Kidz Bop singers!

But Lois Lane was white..........I mean.......why all the race switching in Super Hero movies?

Kingpin was different because how many big fat white guys that you know that can actually act. I would much rather see MCD in the role than someone like Butterbean.

This change, however, is not necessary. Not only that, but they chose a fucking singer. That's my biggest problem. Is it too much to cast someone who can actually act?

But Lois Lane was white..........I mean.......why all the race switching in Super Hero movies?

Kingpin was different because how many big fat white guys that you know that can actually act.

Brando....umm....Brando.....did I mention Brando?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kingpin black anyway? I never did think much about that change since the Kingpin really isn't a big name situation character. He was making a film debut and really he was making an almost overall debut to the public.

Some characters though should not be changed. Lois Lane, the character, has been in countless movies and while changing the actor is understandable changing the color makes little to no sense in this case.

And if you are going to make the color change, at least get someone who can act and not just a stunning female.

Kingpin was different because how many big fat white guys that you know that can actually act.

Brando....umm....Brando.....did I mention Brando?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Kingpin black anyway? I never did think much about that change since the Kingpin really isn't a big name situation character. He was making a film debut and really he was making an almost overall debut to the public.

Some characters though should not be changed. Lois Lane, the character, has been in countless movies and while changing the actor is understandable changing the color makes little to no sense in this case.

And if you are going to make the color change, at least get someone who can act and not just a stunning female.

No the Kingpin wasn't black anyways. He was a big white guy.

Guest El Satanico
"I am curious (black)!"

What the hell is that tag line alluding to.

Black people are curious creatures?

I'm curious to see how it feels to be a black person?

I'm curious to see what a black person has to deal with?

Lois Lane is curious to see if the rumor about black men is true?

Superman is curious about jungle fever?

Guest JMA

I didn't really have a problem with the Kingpin being black. But this (as well as the Catwoman/Halle Berry thing) reeks of political correctness.

Guest El Satanico

Of course Johnny Depp will give a good performance, but that doesn't mean he'll be a good Lex Luthor.

I'm not particularly traumatised. I've realised Superman was doomed as soon as I saw McG was directing it. After the brilliance of Charlie's Angels and Charlie's Angels 2, did anyone expect him to do Superman well?

Guest EQ

I hope this rumor is false. If it's true, I hope it doesn't happen.

I like Beyonce, but she can't ACT

Guest JumpinJackFlash

Depp shouldn't star as Lex Luthor. Depp plays weird and deranged characters(i.e. Ed Wood, Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands). Luthor is focused on being evil and is not weird when he is evil. So, Depp shouldn't be in the film.

I hate the idea of having a Superman remake, and a Batman remake. Its stupid. Beyonce can't act! What about (insert any known actress other than Hillary Duff, who is obviosly more talented)?