TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
razazteca

Metroid Zero Mission

Beat it in four hours.

No, I'm not kidding. I beat it in four hours on my first run through, and that's even with my token hour of running around and blowing stuff up bastard-style that I usually have in every Metroid game. It's ridiculously short.

And I'm not really keen on the "plot twist" either.

It's a great game and everything, but I'd say it's probably the weakest in the series.

I am currently stuck on the ship with the stungun, damn the alien alarms.

I tried to beat the game in 2 hours without the Varia suit or the Spin attack but had to run around for another 2 hours looking for the special items and the super missles.

I don't think it is the weakest of all of the games its like the orginal but in arrangement or remix mode.

I finished with 155 missles 8 super missles, not sure it that is everything, I know that I forgot on missle pack on the surface but thats about it.

If you don't follow the map directions it could be hard :P

I thought it just WAS the original, only with updated graphics, and an extended ending with added levels and added gameplay aspects.

Well, you are correct. Zero is essentially a remix of the original game, with gameplay elements from Fusion and Super Metroid added into the stages.

However, this description:

I thought it just WAS the original, only with updated graphics, and an extended ending with added levels and added gameplay aspects.

can work for Super Metroid as well, and that's part of the problem. Zero Mission is a fine game, but it doesn't really go anywhere that the series hasn't already gone before.

I'd still recommend it in a heartbeat for Metroid fans, and it still warrants a look otherwise. It's just not as compelling as the other entries in the series, IMO.