TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

ROH DVDs to be in stores?

Ring of Honor has secured a national distribution deal for their DVDs with the same company that will be releasing 6 Combat Zone Wrestling DVDs in the near future. The DVDs will be available in national retail and online outlets.

The first release will be the April 2003 "Epic Encounter" event headlined by an awesome 42 minute Paul London vs. American Dragon Best of Three Falls bout with Dusty Rhodes, Christopher Daniels, Homicide, CW Anderson, and The Backseat Boys among those on the undercard.

I still do not have the name of the video company confirmed, but I do know that Kevin Kleinrock, formerly of XPW is involved with them. I am sure those of you who followed the independent wrestling wars in Philadelphia last year will see the same irony in that as I do. The company also approached Major League Wrestling prior to MLW shutting down operations, although MLW decided not to sign on.

ROH's first three shows will be released on DVD shortly on a national retail level as well by a different DVD company which is involved with the release of the Florida Championship Wrestling DVDs that have hit the market in recent months. ROH's first show "The Era of Honor Begins" (February 2002) is expected to hit stores within the next month

-credit pro wrestling insider

Edited by "Hail" bps21

Guest Markingout

Good too see CZW and ROH getting publicity. This is only a good thing for a state of the indies. I hope ROH releases some of there newer stuff because I know most people have there older shows

Guest Markingout

I see. I guess what I said is kind of stupid because alot of the people in stores that are wrestling fans havent seen any RoH

Good, I never got around to buying any ROH on DVD.. so I'll buy whatever they put out.

Anyway, I think this is a good move by CZW/ROH, As It'll give normal fans a place to buy the material and introduce them to all the great talent involved.

Really, anything to help build the CZW/ROH brand names can only be beneficial in the long run.

One thing you cannot fault XPW for is their merchandising. Those motherfuckers knew how to get their videos in the big video stores (FYE, Suncoast, etc.), and I do believe Kleinrock was a big part of that (Lucharesu, EMAX, feel free to correct me here).

Guest Real F'n Show

sweet, im gonna pick some of these up when they are released, although i already have epic encounter, and the first three show, i still need some CZW

To clear it up...The only associations that Kevin Kleinrock has with video companies is that he works for Extreme Associates and his own company that he co-owns with Tom Byron, Evolution Erotica...I think Mike Johnson is thinking of Xtreme Entertainment Group, which distributes the XPW and backyard wrestling DVDs...Kleinrock's not associated with them. Some of his friends are, and several of the guys who promoted XPW's Philly shows are (they hooked Josh Prohibition and M-Dogg 20 up with their current deals that let them appear in BYW games and BYW videos), but Kleinrock himself isn't.

This is great, I hope they dont turn people off with how indyish the early shows look. The new shows look really good (lights, etc) but some of the old shows have some gems on them. I think they should release some "best of" DVDs.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Good, hopefully ROH gets every show in stores.......that way I never have to order from RF again.

If anyone hears that they'll be in Best Buy, please put it up, because I would be very interested in buying their stuff, RoH more than CZW, but I'd get either(isn't CZW just the new ECW?)

Please excuse the double post

Edited by Masked Man of Mystery

Guest Markingout
If anyone hears that they'll be in Best Buy, please put it up, because I would be very interested in buying their stuff, RoH more than CZW, but I'd get either(isn't CZW just the new ECW?)

Nah. CZW depends what show you get is a really great show overall. There trash stuff mostly came from 1999-2001. 2002 was an awesome year for CZW. 2003 wasnt bad at all. 2004 is starting out average. They had some really awesome shows IMO in 2003. Uprising,Deja vu 2,and COD 5 were all awessome. I just hope BOTB 2 gets put in stores. Easily one of the best CZW shows ever. Storm and Fleisch,B-Boy and Super Dragon,and a few other gems.

CZW is not all garbage considering on each show they have on crusierweight match. Sometimes there spotty though. Czw isnt that bad. Give it a shot.

Course, if people don't buy the clipjob DVD's, they probably won't think there's enough of a market to produce full-length DVD's.

Booourns.

I'm considering picking up the clipjob DVDs. I've seen the shows via matches on the internet, and I figure I should be supportive, somewhat. Plus, they're going to be cheap (6-9.99).

Course, if people don't buy the clipjob DVD's, they probably won't think there's enough of a market to produce full-length DVD's.

Booourns.

I'm considering picking up the clipjob DVDs. I've seen the shows via matches on the internet, and I figure I should be supportive, somewhat. Plus, they're going to be cheap (6-9.99).

So the DVDs will be the clip job weekly tv show instead of the big events? If its cheap I'll get it but I want the big shows with the full length matches.

Guest Markingout

Booourns.

So the DVDs will be the clip job weekly tv show instead of the big events? If its cheap I'll get it but I want the big shows with the full length matches.

Me too. How are new time fans suppose too enjoy a match like Danielson and London in 25 minutes instead of its full 43. Bah.

It's really fascinating how many times this must be explained. THE FIRST COUPLE DVDS BEING RELEASED ARE CLIPJOBS OF THE FIRST COUPLE SHOWS. After that, they will release 4/12 onward in full.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Booourns.

BOOurns as well!!!

Guest Dynamite Kido
Once the clipjobs are released, and done with, then I'll start getting the actual DVDs. I would never buy a DVD full of just clipped matches.

I agree. Well how smart would that be considering they would have to know that most smarks are the people that would be buying these. Most people that I know would NEVER buy a DVD of only clips.

Guest TDinDC1112
Yet, TNA still doesn't have dvds or videos in stores. Fuck TNA merchandising sucks .

Yeah, I agree - ROH has videos in stores, so Fuck TNA!!!

If you find the clip jobs for cheap, I'd still suggest in picking them up.

I agree. Even if your only going to use them to get up to date for the full releases, its worth it for $6-10.