TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

How Does This Happen?

Now, I like to think that I'm pretty much devoid of a social life and spend entirely too much time here and on other message boards, so does anyone care to explain to me how some people have posted as much as 10,000 more times than I have? Now, I realize that a lot of these people's posts consist of 1-5 words and very little substance, but I do that, too, yet my post count doesn't match the population of a small city.

This isn't a 'big post count' thing as much as it is a 'How the hell do you post so much?' thing.

Substitute "thread" for the last two instances of "post" in the previous post (used properly) for comprehension purposes.

I'll be honest, I have no idea how I got this many posts. If it makes you feel any better, I've been at 12,000-something for months.

There's people at some boards with literally 50 to 100000 posts. I also don't know how the hell that could happen. There's people here who post for several hours a day, every day, and it takes them years to get 10000.

I suppose once you admit to yourself that a big post count is important and validating to you, it would be easier. And if you've got nothing better going on in your life, sure, why not have it be important. We should stop mocking those who care too much about the internet. That's prejudiced against losers.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Eh, those cases are probably mods and admins and shit who can modify their postcount.

I like my postcount. It's a nice substantial number, without being too much or too little.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Now, I like to think that I'm pretty much devoid of a social life and spend entirely too much time here and on other message boards, so does anyone care to explain to me how some people have posted as much as 10,000 more times than I have? Now, I realize that a lot of these people's posts consist of 1-5 words and very little substance, but I do that, too, yet my post count doesn't match the population of a small city.

This isn't a 'big post count' thing as much as it is a 'How the hell do you post so much?' thing.

you're around alot but you don't post as much. My count is pretty much because of the golry days of the OAOAST and that night before I left for lumberjack work where we postwhored for like 5 hours.

even if HD posts counted i wouldn't get so many as once before. I'm losing my will to "post whore"