TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob E Dangerously

Fuck off Bernie Mac

am I the only one who hates that STUPID commerical with Bernie Mac declaring LeBron as 'Basketball's Chosen one'. And then LeBron shows up and throws basketballs and they all dance.

What the fuck?

Isn't that a bit much hype.. to put LeBron with Jesus and all.

Come on.. Bernie's pretty much incoherant during his speech.

Ooooooverrated. :D

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

Never found his show amusing at all- the kid who plays Jordan annoys the fuck out of me.

Guest ToddRoyal

I think that jersey means that this weird church/basketball cult church thing has retired Moses' number. I though that was hillarious, and the only good part of the commercial.

I think that jersey means that this weird church/basketball cult church thing has retired Moses' number. I though that was hillarious, and the only good part of the commercial.

It can also refer to Moses Malone.

Guest FrigidSoul

Bernie Mac is hilarious, you all suck

Now for commercials that suck, how about the ones where an extremely hot girl says in a seductive voice "Know what makes me feel good? Wanna know what makes me feel frrrresh? New (Insert Brand name here) Tampons with (random Tampon upgrade unit)!"

Or the commercials where people with herpes get medication that allows them to ride bikes and climb rocks. I hate those too.

I don't like it because the whole commercial is how LeBron is all about the "glory of the team, AMEN!"

Then there's 500 ridiculous dunks that are obviously done for the highlight reel, and LeBron's passes are crazy too (with behind-the-back stuff for SportsCenter).

It's hypocritical. And, on top of all these things, it is annoying too.

Jason

Guest ToddRoyal

I actually like a lot of Bernie Mac's stuff, but that commercial is pretty dumb, other than the retired jersey thing. I tend to think all ESPN commercials are stupid though, with the exception of the "This is SportsCenter" commercials.

Guest FrigidSoul
LeBron's passes are crazy too (with behind-the-back stuff for SportsCenter).

actually those kind of passes are done more-so because defenses have no way of guarding it because they don't expect it to be pulled of. Its extremely difficult to go full court as fast as you can and dishing it behind your back to an open teamate coming down the wing, that's why those plays hit SportsCenter.

Guest FrigidSoul
Bernie Mac is "funny"... I find Dave Chappelle more funnier

I find your grammer to be the "most funniest funny fun-funnier" thing

Guest The Satanic Angel
Bernie Mac is "funny"... I find Dave Chappelle more funnier

I find your grammer to be the "most funniest funny fun-funnier" thing

I was going to make some witty response about his grammar, but found that I couldn't physically make my fingers type something so incredibly wrong.

Here's some controversy:

Are Nike's "Church" Ads Offensive?

By Kweli I. Wright, Community Producer

Posted Jan. 29, 2003 – Nike’s new ad, featuring the NBA's newest phenomenon, LeBron "King" James, 19, is causing quite a bit of controversy. Readers of The Detroit News are calling the sneaker commercial “distasteful” and “disrespectful.”

The commercial, set in a gymnasium that looks like a church, features comedian Bernie Mac as the preacher, with a swaying choir of WNBA players, all dressed in Nike sweats. Reading from the "King James playbook," Mac praises “The Chosen One,” who has been blessed with "court vision." The church/gym doors blow open, and the Cleveland Cavaliers guard appears in the aisle, holding a basketball. He starts throwing no-look passes all over the church. The “congregation,” which includes some NBA stars, old-school players and street ball legends, is touched by his glory and stand and clap while the choir sings. Hallelujah!

Critics argue that the TV commercial spoofs the Black church, a sacred place. What do you think about Nike’s “church” TV commercial?

Is Nike’s “church” TV commercial “distasteful” and “disrespectful?” Does it make a mockery of the Black church and equate a teen-age athlete with Jesus Christ?

OR:

Is Nike, a company known for its innovative ads, simply doing what it does best -- creating controversy to sell more sneakers? And are people taking it too literally?

Actually, I didn't like commericial but I didn't think it was offensive thou. I like Bernie Mac btw. His show needs to be on cable IMO.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Whoever thinks the commercial is offensive to Jesus is on crack. Find better things to complain about.

ditto

Guest Mosaicv2

actually that commercial kind of reminds me of the dancin church scene from the Blues Brothers