TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Changing DVD regions

Guest TheBigCalbowski

For a PS2, you can get a mod chip installed that will play all region DVDs.

What make is your stand alone player?

There are sites out there that list cracks or inbuilt codes into many, many models of stand alone players.

Guest TheBigCalbowski
For a PS2, you can get a mod chip installed that will play all region DVDs.

Any idea where i can get it, or what it's called?

There's plenty different ones out there. Here's one site http://www.modchip.com/

Also another thing you can do is dish out about $50 and get an Apex DVD player or a Mintek(sp?). Those play multiple regions and are a lot cheaper than the big name brands.

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

Action Replay2 for Playstation 2 has a built in region free DVD player, easier to install than a mod chip and probably cheaper too.

Guest EQ

Well, if you're willing to spend money on a mod chip, you might just want to invest in an APEX DVD player. I got mine for like 50 bucks at Wal Mart (this was well over a year ago, they're probably cheaper now). You can change the DVD region on it, plus it plays MP3 files and MPEG movies.

The model is: APEX AD-1200 (if you're interested, although there are probably newer models that do the same stuff).

Well, if you're willing to spend money on a mod chip, you might just want to invest in an APEX DVD player. I got mine for like 50 bucks at Wal Mart (this was well over a year ago, they're probably cheaper now). You can change the DVD region on it, plus it plays MP3 files and MPEG movies.

The model is: APEX AD-1200 (if you're interested, although there are probably newer models that do the same stuff).

The Apex brand sucks, probably be best to avoid it.

Since its a DVD Player question, I might as well post in here. Do any of them play CD-R, CD-RW that has videos burned on the,?

Action Replay2 for Playstation 2 has a built in region free DVD player, easier to install than a mod chip and probably cheaper too.

Do you know if thats the same for VCDs?

I.e. Are you able to get your PS2 to play a vcd using an Action Replay?

Do you know if thats the same for VCDs?

I.e. Are you able to get your PS2 to play a vcd using an Action Replay?

I doubt it. The PS2 Reality Media Player might be able to. It's an exploit installed onto a memory card that can play lots of formats, but I'm not sure.

Since its a DVD Player question, I might as well post in here. Do any of them play CD-R, CD-RW that has videos burned on the,?

Nearly all DVD players can play VCDs and Super VCDs, regardless of CDR or CDRW, though CDRW has better compatibility for some reason. DVDRHelp has many guides and programs to make vcds and more.

The PS2 Reality Media Player might be able to. It's an exploit installed onto a memory card that can play lots of formats, but I'm not sure.

Do you know where I can find out more about this? Thanks.

The PS2 Reality Media Player might be able to. It's an exploit installed onto a memory card that can play lots of formats, but I'm not sure.

A quick search found this:

http://ps2r.dg2.org/main.html

I'll look for more later.

A quick search found this:

http://ps2r.dg2.org/main.html

I'll look for more later.

Thanks.

Guest EQ
Well, if you're willing to spend money on a mod chip, you might just want to invest in an APEX DVD player.  I got mine for like 50 bucks at Wal Mart (this was well over a year ago, they're probably cheaper now).  You can change the DVD region on it, plus it plays MP3 files and MPEG movies.

The Apex brand sucks, probably be best to avoid it.

What's wrong with it? It's not a top of the line DVD player, but it gets the job done and it's cheap.

If you're not looking for a top of the line player, why spend the extra money?

Guest Scotsman

Just want to add that I love Apex players. I've got 4 of them, one that I've had for years, which has been banged about in my trunk/backpack, even fallen down the stairs, and still works wonderful.

Guest El Satanico

I believe after the Apex thing became well known, someone cracked down on them to make sure it wouldn't happen again. So, I don't think new Apex players still do that trick with regions.

Woah, Apex DVD players suck. I know of 3 people who have them, and they just died out of the blue.

I have a GE one, I got it for High School graduation 2 1/2 years ago. It hasn't let me down yet.

*knocks on wood*