TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

The Ballshot

Guest Anglesault

Watching Randy Orton totally fuck up the most elementary move in the business tonight made me think of how many great moments the low blow has actually led to.

So, I'd ask everyone what their favorite actual ballshot is, along with their favorite fuck up, sell of the shot, most original and best foreign object assisted ballshot (Christian on Edge with a chair, for example.)

One of my favorites ever was Jericho's kick on HBK last year. The timing, reaction from Jericho, and selling from Shawn were all great.

Guest Bottled Black
I think it was Foley that wore the metal cup when Chyna went for the low blow.

I'm pretty sure it was Road Dogg, I was a huge Road Dogg mark back in the day.

It's not really a ball shot sell, but I loved the way Hall would sell an inverted Atomic Drop.

I didn't like Chyna's low blow.

"One of my favorites ever was Jericho's kick on HBK last year. The timing, reaction from Jericho, and selling from Shawn were all great. "

Yup.

I mark for Al Snow pulling a bowling ball out of a bag and STRIIIIIKE! Even if he did rip it off of Dreamer.

Guest Choken One

Flair misses 90% of the time and doesn't come NEAR the crotch.

Dreamer took the best Ball shots...On the Guardrail of course.

Vince hitting Rock in '99 or 2000. Vince is behind the Rock, and he aims a kick PERFECTLY at his nuts, and Rock sells it like the mofo he is (with the falling to his knees and bug eyes).

at No Mercy 2000 i think, when Jericho was wrestling X-Pac in a cage match and he landed at the top of the cage door......ooooh that had to hurt

also the one HHH gave HBK at the Rumble, while blocking the Sweet Chin Music was cool

Well if I can include ECW in this since Dreamer is technically a WWE worker now, umm I'd say when Lawler LEGIT smacked Dreamer's balls and he let out a scream like a little girl, and threw his hand up, and Lawler was visibly aware he actually caught him with it. That night Dreamer had a bunch of fluid drained from his balls....... :blink:

Guest Choken One
Well if I can include ECW in this since Dreamer is technically a WWE worker now, umm I'd say when Lawler LEGIT smacked Dreamer's balls and he let out a scream like a little girl, and threw his hand up, and Lawler was visibly aware he actually caught him with it. That night Dreamer had a bunch of fluid drained from his balls....... :blink:

I can't even BEGIN to run with that one...

My favorite was when Test was choking someone with the boot at Royal Rumble 2000...then Bossman just NAILS him as he's spread there.

Another reason to like Bossman right there.

My favorite was when Test was choking someone with the boot at Royal Rumble 2000...then Bossman just NAILS him as he's spread there.

Another reason to like Bossman right there.

The absolute #1 reason why Bossman > Goldberg!

Flair misses 90% of the time and doesn't come NEAR the crotch.

Maybe now...but my favourite is from Royal Rumble 92, when he, in the immortal words of Bobby Heenan, "tried to lift the Undertaker."

Close second to the one he gave Bulldog in the very early stages of the Rumble.

at No Mercy 2000 i think, when Jericho was wrestling X-Pac in a cage match and he landed at the top of the cage door......ooooh that had to hurt

I like that one too. I rememebr that match having an usually high ratio of ball shots.

Two spots I'll never get tired of:

In a tag team where one guy's laying on the ground and the other guy falls and headbutts his own partner in the sack.

X-Pac goes for a bronco buster, which is countered by the other guy sticking his leg up, with Pac flying crotch first into his foot. This happened a few times, I remember a particularly good one with Jeff Hardy, but I can't recall when or where.

During the Austin/Bret submission classic, Bret is punching away at Austin in the corner, and then there's this pause, and all of a sudden Austin just brutally kicks Bret in the balls. Bret sells it like he was shot and screams, clutches his knees together and falls backwards. Plus JR's comment was funny too: "That was down there around Saskatoon! A LOW one!".

Guest Choken One

I like that one too. I rememebr that match having an usually high ratio of ball shots.

In a tag team where one guy's laying on the ground and the other guy falls and headbutts his own partner in the sack.

X-Pac goes for a bronco buster, which is countered by the other guy sticking his leg up, with Pac flying crotch first into his foot. This happened a few times, I remember a particularly good one with Jeff Hardy, but I can't recall when or where.

Billy Gunn did the most famous one...

Where PAC just bounced about 20 feet backwards.

Guest FrigidSoul

I like using the ballshot in the N64 wrestling games due to the <ding!> noise and then them walking around bent over. Otherwise in real wrestling I could careless

Guest Anglesault

Billy Gunn did the most famous one...

Where PAC just bounced about 20 feet backwards.

Billy Gunn and Jeff Jarrett both had real good ones.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

If anyones ever seen Starrcade 99, re-watch Madusa vs. Evan Karagias. Not for the 5-star classic it is (sarcasm), but to see Karagias valet give him the ABSOLUTE WORST LOW BLOW EVER, and he doesn't bother to try and sell it until a few seconds afterwards.

Ugh.

On RAW when Vince was in the ring and had Austin come out in a suit and tie to be "corporate". Austin didn't low blow him, it was more of a chop to the groin or something. Vince's sell of that move was just classic, I still find it funny as hell.

I loved the low blow that Rey Jr gave to Scott Norton during his "giant killer" run. There is a picture of it somewhere on DDTDigest.com and Norton selling little Rey kicking him in the nutsack is a wonderful sight to behold.

One I always remember was when Austin was beating the piss out of Michael Cole and he was trying to kick Cole in the balls and Cole wouldn't spread his legs and Austin looked like he was getting pissed and just started laying into him.

Guest BOOT

I remember when Brock first came in, he would sell the low blow like a bitch for about five minutes. Brought tears to my eyes.

Guest Astro
I remember that Steiner miss. That was hilarious. At RR 92' Ric Flair low blowed Undertaker... and he no-sold it! WTF?

He's Dead.

Rick Rude sold the low blow so well, that he changed the psychology of the reverse atomic drop. Originally it was to jar th pelvis, but Rude started the balls sells trend.

When Kurt Angle put Big Show in the TESTICULAR CLAW~! on Smackdown from a few months ago. It just came out of nowhere and the thought of Kurt, muscles all tense in his arm while squeezing and shouting "WOO!" right into Big Show's face cracks me up every time. Big Show sold it like a maniac too.