TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The best botches.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Owen Hart's piledriver on Austin. At least it looked like he hit the move and it wasn't all fucked up. I am not saying that having Austin break his neck is a good thing, I just think the piledriver looked badass!!!!

Well, I couldn't find it, so I made this one.

How about Scott Steiner at the Royal Rumble. That Tiger bomb he tried... he just blew that. And he botched a Diamond Cutter by falling backwards! Fall foward dummy!

Gayda/Trish.

Kane falling of the ropes at SummerSlam last year.

RVD missing that spinkick in the ladder match at SummerSlam 01.

I remember one women's match from last year when Trish and someone else botched a ref bump. She tried to run into him and the ref, not even wanted to sell it, just jumps out of the way. That was pretty funny.

Guest OnlyMe

Obligatory Steiner falling from the apron reply.

There was Jeff falling from the top rope to the outside, on one Raw, too.

About the RKwhOops, I think Jericho hurt it as well by not letting go of Batista's legs so he could sell it... but this ain't no Randy Orton sucks topic so.. back to the botching!

How about the Undertaker's motorcycle botching when Hogan tried to ride it?

The infamous Nathan Jones "ghost kick"

The awful pescado that Gail Kim tried on Raw once when her foot got caught on the top rope and she fell face first

Guest nikowwf

Rico yelling JEFF HURRY UP at the royal rumble as he sat on the top rope waiting to be knocked off.

niko

Kane's Tombstone of Linda McMahon where her head clearly missed the stage by about three feet.

Ken Shamrock audibly asking Ryan Shamrock to slap him at St. Valentine's Day Massacre 1999.

Does anyone have that video of Triple H pedigreeing that jobber on his head? It was during his early career and I know someone has that as their avatar. That was a brutal botch.

I don't have the video of it, but the jobber was actually on the Montel Williams show one time. His name was Marty Garner and they just seemed to incidentally show the footage of him getting pedigreed by HHH.

This happened on RAW in, I think 2000, The Hardy Boyz were facing Head Cheese. During the match Steve Blackman and Jeff Hardy were trading blows when all of a sudden Matt Hardy gets on the top rope and jumps to nail Blackman. The only problem was Blackman wasn't in place and Matt completely misses the move and looks like a fool.

Blackman looks back and how this "Aw shit I screwed up" look on his face. So he quickly goes to pick up Matt and Matt rolls him up for the pin. It just happened so fast that it was to funny.

Rico yelling JEFF HURRY UP at the royal rumble as he sat on the top rope waiting to be knocked off.

niko

It was actually "COME ON, JEFF! GOD DAMN IT!", but I know what you mean. :D

My nominations are Steiner's Superman Dive of Doom from Bad Blood and Hurricane's George of The Jungle botch from Armageddon.

Guest drdrainoscott

What about the infamous start to the invasion, with Lance Storm's air kick?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

niko

It was actually "COME ON, JEFF! GOD DAMN IT!", but I know what you mean. :D

My nominations are Steiner's Superman Dive of Doom from Bad Blood and Hurricane's George of The Jungle botch from Armageddon.

It was also Survivor Series 2002.

I'll say it again, Kane's botch at least didn't look that terrible as he didn't fall and land on his head. But repeating the spot was eh...should've had RVD jump on the apron and kick him in the head.

HBK's blown plancha on RAW 2 years ago before SummerSlam. I think it was the RAW where he superkicked Brock.

He goes for the plancha and catches his foot on the top rope, and was lucky enough that there were like 3 other people besides Hunter on the floor when he did it, otherwise, he'd have landed straight on his head.

Taker's first chokeslam on Hogan during their awful match at JD 2002. Talk about embarrassing.

The blown ref spot from Orton/RVD a few weeks ago. Both guys botched it so bad that the ref didn't even sell it and they had to do it over in the middle of the ring.

There wa s another one either in 2002 or early on last year where Charles Robinson was supposed to get bumped, but the women messed up so bad that he just stood there and stared at them.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Don't think ANYONE remembers this, but watch the Hardy bit in RR 01. Matt does a dropkick that completely MISSES Jeff, but he still sells it.

Guest Loss

At Summerslam '01, Jericho took a gore from a flying bodypress to the floor and landed on his head and got a concussion, which serves him right for trying such a dangerous spot. Jericho spent the rest of the match messing up moves, including one where he climbed to the top rope and nearly fell and broke his neck.

At Summerslam '01, Jericho took a gore from a flying bodypress to the floor and landed on his head and got a concussion, which serves him right for trying such a dangerous spot. Jericho spent the rest of the match messing up moves, including one where he climbed to the top rope and nearly fell and broke his neck.

I take it they got edited out? :P

Guest The Satanic Angel

At Armageddon, RVD vs Orton with Mick Foley as guest referee.. RVD went for the ropes to break up a move, and he couldn't grab hold of the ropes. Foley broke up the hold anyway, despite RVD never grasping the bottom rope.

Doubt it counts as classic, but it's certainly memorable, as I was there.

Also, no idea which PPV it was, and not much to laugh about.. Regal vs Tajiri. Regal threw Tajiri out of the ring, between the top and middle ropes, and Tajiri got his neck all crossed up in the ropes. Regal went outside the ring to alleviate the pressure, and you could tell it took a lot out of Tajiri after he got loose. He finished the match.. kudos.

Guest Loss

I take it they got edited out? :P

Yeah, the DVD release took out all of that.

Guest MD2020
Kane's Tombstone of Linda McMahon where her head clearly missed the stage by about three feet.

Ken Shamrock audibly asking Ryan Shamrock to slap him at St. Valentine's Day Massacre 1999.

I don't know if you could call Kane's thing a true botch. No way were they going to put Linda in a position where she had even a 1/1000 chance of getting injured.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Kronik vs. Taker/Kane

Phantom Knee Lift, Phantom Punch

Both clearly missed by a mile, both sold like they didn't.

Great fucking match for all the wrong reasons.

"The Pro Wrestlers guide to how not to fuck up"