TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Michrome

The next fed

Yes yes, I'm the big RoH fan, but hear this out. Both feds would definitely benefit from something like this. Do it in april, over the period Danielson will likely be in town, and you could form this RoH team: Danielson, Homicide, and The Briscoes.

Doing this would accomplish everything TNA wants, and offset any adverse effects of a taped show. All of the smart marks who read the tapings would still watch the show because Danielson-Juvi, or Danielson-Lynn would rock the fucking house, as would some of the other matches. In terms of money and buyrates, TNA benefits. In terms of getting its name out to more people, RoH benefits. TNA could win once, RoH could win once, and nobody loses anything. What factors would keep something like this from happening?

I'd prefer they do, like, "Team Independent" instead of just Team RoH. That way guys from Wildside that haven't been in RoH yet could join in, as well as some CZW and ex-XPW workers. Hell, they seem to want to fly in the Canadians, so why not bring in a few IWS workers? As long as Homicide finally appears in TNA, it's all good, though.

BRRRAH!

Guest MikeSC
I'd prefer they do, like, "Team Independent" instead of just Team RoH. That way guys from Wildside that haven't been in RoH yet could join in, as well as some CZW and ex-XPW workers. Hell, they seem to want to fly in the Canadians, so why not bring in a few IWS workers? As long as Homicide finally appears in TNA, it's all good, though.

BRRRAH!

Who wants to place bets on the winner of this cup facing, say, Team IWA:PR?

-=Mike

..."Watch Dutch Mantel's IWA promotion. It's just like the WWF of 1998 --- only slower, less coherent, and with siginifcantly less talented workers!"

At least RoH seems to know what their fans want and actually books for them. It doesn't always make sense, but they almost always eat it up.

TNA hasn't figured it out in 19 monhts.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

BRRRAH!

Who wants to place bets on the winner of this cup facing, say, Team IWA:PR?

-=Mike

..."Watch Dutch Mantel's IWA promotion. It's just like the WWF of 1998 --- only slower, less coherent, and with siginifcantly less talented workers!"

More like 1995 WWF except 100% worse in every category. 1998 WWF at least had a few good PPV's DX and Austin carrying it.

Anyway...back on topic...

I was thinking about this when Michrome mentioned it earlier...and I came up with the idea (in my head anyway) that a team RoH would actually be easier to pull off than team AAA and team Canada were.

TNA doesn't seem to have a problem plugging RoH (on the TNA site at least) anyway...so I bet they could mention RFVideo several times throughout the show.

Plus...look at TNA's X division who would be in the X Cup. Except Elix Skipper...all those guys (Daniels, Sabin, LowKi, Lynn, Dutt) work both TNA and RoH at least occasionaly.

There'd be less travel involved...and I don't think either company would care who wins and loses since as I mentioned...the guys work both places anyway. And hell...TNA put AAA over...I bet they'd put over team RoH too...especially since it's easier to book guys from the Northeast than Mexico and Canada...and they could do it more than once.

Throw together a team RoH with Danielson, The Briscoes (which I think would be BRILLIANT booking since one of the matches in the cup is a tag match...which you'd have the Briscoes win since they are a team and not just two singles wrestlers), and someone else (maybe Spanky since he'll be returning to RoH soon and this could be his entrance to TNA which I'm sure he'll work as well)...of course I'd love Homicide...

Team TNA and Team RoH in the X Cup seems easier to me...and great for everyone.

It'll be good publicity for ROH. Might as well strike while the iron is hot and TNA is actually breathing.

For my ROH team, I'd probably do:

Samoa Joe

Homicide

Bryan Danielson

BJ Whitmer

I wouldn't use Samoa Joe (and not because he's a big guy when everyone on TNA's side is smaller) because he's the RoH champion and he:

1. Should be above what the X Cup stands for

2. Shouldn't job in any way in TNA whlie he's the champion of RoH. RoH was respectful of AJ Styles NWA title...to the point where it cost them a finish to the London/Styles match.

3. He's huge and the other guys are small. (I guess I couldn't leave it out)

Wins over Samoa Joe are hard to come by and should be more important when they come. I'm still bothered that I watched him job to Mike Awesome in MLW. Although I understand that different companies means different places and so forth...but in this case...he would be representing the company he is the champ of...and shouldn't job.

IMO anyway

In my big fake Southern accent......." Those Ring Of On-er boys can't work that ole boy Tennessee style rasslin"

I can't imagine TNA,who are trying to get their own solid footing in the wrestling market, doing a Team ROH vs TNA thing. Why give another young promotion that is gradually expanding westward the exposure? They might eventually be direct competition if they extend south.

Besides,first they've got the people that work both. Bring in some more ROHers and show people that there are more like them in that promotion and less people like the Jarretts and Harris boys....they might rather see ROH more.

Although it's not like ROH is going to start running a southern circuit monthly.

There is certainly a point to be made about people seeing how much better RoH is and switching promotions...but their business models are just so different. If you want to see great wrestling...you order some RoH tapes. If you're looking for something to watch on Wednesday and TNA has a solid lineup...you order that. Hell...if anything it may lead to TNA putting on a better product.

The quick and dirty bottomline for TNA is obvious. I think a TNA vs. RoH show would easily be the most purchased show since Jarrett/Raven. It literally is the two best known indy feds in the country going head to head. RoH fans would order, TNA fans would order, and even people who only follow both companies on the net (or have just seen a couple tapes or shows) would be more inclined to order...and you could see both promotions pick up new fans.

The bottomline for RoH is picking up anyone who watches TNA but doesn't order RoH tapes and DVDs because they don't like buying on the net (I'm one of them...I watch all the RoH from my friends tapes...but will buy any they put in stores soon...and bought some at the RoH show I went to).

They could plug all the upcoming RoH dates (and mention that TNA stars like Styles, Punk, Daniels, Low Ki will be there) and plug RFvideo.

Most importantly...the fans win.

Screw the constantly postponed Bound For Glory ppv...throw all the money they were going to waste on Savage or Nash and put it into advertising a TNA/RoH show. I think it can only help both in the long run.

I really think this would be great. TNA has no problem plugging RoH all over their site, as BPS said, so why not? I can assure you that RoH has no intention of running Tenessee, so there is no threat as far as that goes. You have to keep a few things in mind, though. None of the guys working for both promotions, with the exception of midcard guys, like Lynn and Sabin, can be in it. Gabe isn't about to blow AmDrag vs. Punk for TNA in a 7 minute match...no fucking way. The team I came up with is exactly what you had though, BPS:

American Dragon

Homicide

Jay Briscoe

Mark Briscoe

Put this group up against:

Jerry Lynn

Chris Sabin

America's Most Wanted

This_would_rule.

You know what I would do?

I'd have Team TNA be Lynn, Sabin, Dutt and Skipper again...and have them lose to RoH by a point with a big deal being made about how RoH was clever to put the Briscoe's in their team and their 2 point win in the tag round being the difference.

Then the next time TNA could put AMW in to counter.

Guest JacK

That'd own . . . that's for sure. But isn't the whole 'X' cup thing about X Division wrestlers? Or am I mistaken, since I can't watch TNA anymore?

I'm all for this, but I don't get what TNA would gain out of it.

Potentially the biggest buy rate in their history.

I would LOVE to see this.

I think this would be awesome, but I'd rather see the Backseat Boyz in ahead of the Briscoes. Now they've left CZW, the Backseats could easily be allowed to represent and, seeing as Jim Cornette has been managing the Briscoes and the WWE wouldn't allow him on TNA, the Backseats would be a great choice. Plus they are, in my opinion, more fun to watch in the ring with more personality, which, for a one shot deal, would allow fans to get into the matches more easily.

Just my opinion though, the Briscoes would still rule.

TCinDC, they gain a lot. The fear on a taped week is that all of their internet Smark fans will not buy the show, because they know the results in advance. However, if the show had matches like American Dragon vs. Jerry Lynn, what smark wouldn't want to see that? You offset the problem of having it taped by appealing to workrate fans that never buy TNA.

Regarding IWA:PR, there was a plan to do a TNA vs. IWA show, but there was something in the Observer this past week (I just skimmed it, so this is not verbatim) that the deal might be in jeopardy due to someone new having stake in the IWA and having to approve it, and something about IWA being more concerned with starting their own PPV's.

You act as if TNA has a ton to offer RoH. If some fans in Nashville find out what RoH is, so what? RoH still doesn't have TV, and runs 2 house shows a month in the northeast. I'd venture to guess that outside of the Nashville fans, most tna watchers have heard of RoH. Also, you act as though short-term buys aren't a big deal for TNA.

Guest TDinDC1112
TCinDC, they gain a lot. The fear on a taped week is that all of their internet Smark fans will not buy the show, because they know the results in advance. However, if the show had matches like American Dragon vs. Jerry Lynn, what smark wouldn't want to see that? You offset the problem of having it taped by appealing to workrate fans that never buy TNA.

I agree, but I do think there's a lot more in it for ROH than there is for TNA, but then again, who watches TNA who doesn't know what ROH is. But, people who haven't bought any ROH tapes might be inclined to do so then, which goes back to my it benefits ROH more than TNA.

Guest TDinDC1112
RoH does benefit more--but TNA will also benefit. So they can decide whether they want to forego a benefit just because RoH will get more, or go through with it.

I think they should go through with it only because I'd enjoy watching it. What they need to decide is the following.

Is the amount of $$$ TNA will get from the people buying their 1 ppv to see the ROH guys greater than the amount of $$$ TNA will lose in the future because people who normally order their ppv's will now buy a couple of ROH tapes instead. People have X amount of $$$ to spend on wrestling, and in that way everyone is in some sort of competition with each other.

What they need to decide is the following.

Is the amount of $$$ TNA will get from the people buying their 1 ppv to see the ROH guys greater than the amount of $$$ TNA will lose in the future because people who normally order their ppv's will now buy a couple of ROH tapes instead. People have X amount of $$$ to spend on wrestling, and in that way everyone is in some sort of competition with each other.

I know what your saying. But couldnt you argue that a fan of the X division could have seen the X cup and will now be buying some triple A tapes instead of next weeks TNA?

If TNA were worried about promoting the opposition, surely they wouldnt be interested in any cross promotional event.

Guest MikeSC
Regarding IWA:PR, there was a plan to do a TNA vs. IWA show, but there was something in the Observer this past week (I just skimmed it, so this is not verbatim) that the deal might be in jeopardy due to someone new having stake in the IWA and having to approve it, and something about IWA being more concerned with starting their own PPV's.

I figured that since TNA has a deal with IWA, it is the most obvious possible choice, especially since TNA guys have worked IWA shows.

-=Mike

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

I figured that since TNA has a deal with IWA, it is the most obvious possible choice, especially since TNA guys have worked IWA shows.

-=Mike

Too bad IWA is features the worst wrestling I have ever seen when it comes to hourly shows. I'd rather watch old Superstars of Wrestling jobber matches than this crap.