TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

So, Why did Angle turn on Eddie?

Guest Anglesault
The reason for it all is simple.

When Angle showed back up he was aiming for the WWE title. It's as simple as that, so he saw all the people who could be threats .

That doesn't work because he never targeted anyone BUT Eddie.

Guest FrigidSoul

I wouldn't be surprised if they went the route of "I'm Kurt Angle, an American Hero...a US Gold Medalist, yet you all cheer for Eddy Guerrero...Eddy 'Freaking' Guerrero. He is not a Gold Medalist, hell he isn't even an American. He's a drug addict, illegal alien...oh its True"

Who else would he target? Big Show? He can't take him out in the back without being seen. Cena? Why would he worry about Cena. They had their little dispute and Angle came out just fine.

To my knowlege, Eddie & Angle NEVER had a really meaningful program...So wouldn't you be worried of the guy on the biggest hot streak in the fed leading into it all? Nearly every other "Threat" on SD, he's interacted with in some form.

Who else would he target? Big Show? He can't take him out in the back without being seen. Cena? Why would he worry about Cena. They had their little dispute and Angle came out just fine.

To my knowlege, Eddie & Angle NEVER had a really meaningful program...So wouldn't you be worried of the guy on the biggest hot streak in the fed leading into it all? Nearly every other "Threat" on SD, he's interacted with in some form.

This makes a lot of sense. Let's see if WWE follows up on it.

Guest Anglesault

The only men who were even booked as threats in the Rumble at the time were Cena, Show and Benoit.

So wouldn't you be worried of the guy on the biggest hot streak in the fed leading into it all?

Eddie was on a hot streak heading into January?

On what show?

That Chavo angle basically completely tore Eddie down from his high point in October. He only started climbing up again after the Chavo heel turn.

...Ok...

Eddie has won FAR, FAR more matches then he has lost personally in the last six months. The fans rally behind him no matter what and he was basicly the heart and soul of the Los Guerrero's team.

90% of the teams losses came about from CHAVO, and Eddie survived the Chavo feud(..Feud?) ahead with more popularity and more firery determination to become the best.

IF as my theory suggests, Angle was trying to keep Eddie away eariler....then damn, by then I'd be almost pissing myself due to what a fired up Eddie could do now in his scene.

Edit: Oh and Eddie wasn't built up for the Rumble....BECAUSE OF ANGLE!

IT ALL CONNECTS~!

Guest FrigidSoul

I guess I'll just watch my killer suggestion be ignored via the rambling of Kurt Angle not fearing John Cena or whatever this is.

...thanks for the positive criticism about my theory. Now I'll do yours.

Yours attaches nothing other then just a three line insult. I seriously doubt WWE did the whole "Angle is Eddie's friend!" like they did LEADING into this, if they weren't going to use almost all of it in some way.

Nor would Ithink they'll just let all these "Mystery attackings" go without a reason.

Guest FrigidSoul

Angle was never Eddy's friend. He was indifferent on it but believed in Family Values(Pre Rumble return promo spoke of) and thus tried getting Chavo and Eddy back together for family purposes. I never saw Kurt and Eddy frolicking around in the back together having the best of times.

Guest Anglesault
...Ok...

Eddie has won FAR, FAR more matches then he has lost personally in the last six months

He was also facing guys at the bottom of the card.

The Bashams, Shaniqua, a Buried WGTT.

90% of the teams losses came about from CHAVO, and Eddie survived the Chavo feud(..Feud?) ahead with more popularity and more firery determination to become the best.

I disagree.

Up until Angle showed up, Eddie's involvement with the heatless Chavo and Basham Brothers was causing his popularity to dwindle a bit. No one cared about the storyline or the guys involved (THE BASHAMS?)

And he wasn't exactly displaying firey anything.

I think Angle will do it out of pure jealousy, I'm assuming. Eddie's been getting a lot of spotlight these past weeks, and Angle (other than his #1 Contendership win) hasn't been in the spotlight too much. Angle will harp on Eddie's cheating personality, work the crowd a lot. They did the heel turn VERY well, and in the perfect arena with the perfect crowd (TONS of heat).

Angle has been a slow burn heel turn going back to at least the Rumble. After he got eliminated, check out his mannerisms. He acted all dick heelish with the disappointment of dedicating the Rumble to the troops and not coming through. A second chance at the SD Rumble saw Eddie squeeze by him and AGAIN Angle got all heated outside the ring. No congrats to his "buddy" Eddie, nothing but piss and vinegar in the moment. Only THIS time it was slightly more overt than at the RR PPV. This is the part that connects him to Eddie for sure (AS is right about this). But I think Angle has been working towards it going back a bit more. Including January.

I really don't care if it's as simple as Angle was jealous. I don't care "why" this feud will happen as much as "how" this feud will play out and the matches we will get from these two.

Brock put Eddie over, but now it's up to Kurt Angle (And WWE) to make Eddie Guerrero look like a legit super star who deserves to be WWE Champion. Angles role here should be to elevate Eddie to a whole other level.

Guest Loss
All this is nice...but it doesn't explain to me why Angle turned heel.

HE ALREADY HAS THE TITLE SHOT.

If the turn is going to be explained away as "Angle doesn't like seeing a cheater with the title"...

Then why the fuck would he beatdown his opponent before Mania?

That doesn't work. For it to work Angle's character would want to keep everything fair and clean...since he's trying to paint the cheater as the face.

Plus...HE ALREADY HAD THE TITLE SHOT.

Angle is a hypocrite. That's his character.

Guest Loss
Why wouldn't he help Chavo win the WWE title?

I mean, Chavo *is* the easier guy to beat, and all.

Because while realistically, that may be what you or I would do, wrestlers do not nor have they ever thought like that. Human psychology and wrestling psychology are different from each other. There's a certain sense of pride, even among the weakest heels, that they want to beat someone who means something to win the belt so they can have bragging rights. Usually, when you see a wrestler try to win a title based on a forfeit or it being handed to them or whatever, if the wrestler is a heel, he'll accept that, but he'd rather win it in the ring, regardless of how underhanded the actions are that it takes to get there.

This is why HHH has always gotten so upset when the fact that he was handed the RAW title is mentioned.

Guest Loss
Are we talking about the same guy who used his brother as a fake against Undertaker and Brock Lesnar?

To retain his title? Yes. At that point, all bets are off. Winning it is a different ballpark, since the initial victory tends to be more remembered than the defenses.

Look, Angle was never trying to be Eddie's friend in all of this. He came off smarmy and insincere (which are Angle's strengths I think) in his attempts to "help" the Guerrero family. It's not that hard to explain some of this stuff:

--Angle comes back from injury, notes that Eddie is on a wave of popularity and could be a serious threat to the title, but that he's being held down by tagging with Chavo. Thus, Angle attempts to keep Eddie buried with Chavo rather than have them part ways and Eddie become a superstar.

--This plan didn't work, since Angle is a smarmy, insincere scumbag and the Guerreros were well past salvaging as a team.

Chalk it up as Kurt Failure #1.

--Still, Kurt had his shot to be #1 contender and to keep Eddie down, so he attacked him before the SMDN Rumble. This didn't work though as Eddie came back and won it, eliminating Kurt. Kurt Failure #2.

--Eddie wins the title at No Way Out, despite Angle's attempts to hamper his career. This is the final straw, and since Kurt had his title shot in the bag there was no point in being Mr. Nice Guy anymore. Combine this with his frustrations over failing to keep Eddie down, and he lost it and did the heel turn.

There, I just explained that in the Sydney Greenstreet "Maltese Falcon" style.

A worker as over as Eddy was/is, who was viewed as an upper-carder before, should go over guys like the Bashams. Would you rather him go over Angle, Cena, Chavo, Brock, and Undertaker clean?

Guest Anglesault

A worker as over as Eddy was/is, who was viewed as an upper-carder before, should go over guys like the Bashams. Would you rather him go over Angle, Cena, Chavo, Brock, and Undertaker clean?

Yes. Well, not clean, but that's not Eddie's character

That was the path he was on before the Chavo feud brought him ALL the way the fuck down to a feud with the Bashams.

Guest Anglesault
This is the part that connects him to Eddie for sure (AS is right about this). But I think Angle has been working towards it going back a bit more. Including January.

If it works without trying to shove January into the angle, why ruin it by trying to make sense of something that just doesn't work?

Guest Anglesault
Because although you refuse to admit it, January's whole purpose was this pay off.

But there was no reason whatsoever for Kurt to do what he did in January.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
The turn was VERY well done, and for right now, the feud looks pretty damn awesome. Of course, there's plenty of time for that to change, starting with the explanation next week.

So what will that explanation be?

I told you it would be good.

Oh, and I'm guessing that Angle's will to be the best has taken over, and he wants the belt and doesn't care who he hurts to get it.

Guest Anglesault
The turn was VERY well done, and for right now, the feud looks pretty damn awesome. Of course, there's plenty of time for that to change, starting with the explanation next week.

You told me the feud would be good.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Well, it's good so far.

Guest Anglesault

Well, it's good so far.

So was Brock/Angle after the first night.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Well, it's good so far.

So was Brock/Angle after the first night.

But we knew how Brock/Angle was going to end.

I honestly don't know who's coming out on top in this one.

This looks like another classic Anglesault vs. Everyone Else thread.

No answer's ever going to be good enough for you, is it?