TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

WWF short live gimmick characters

Guest Trivia247

Since the age of the Ultimate Warrior in the mid 80's and the rise of the Undertaker in the early 90's the WWF started presenting wrestlers that had a particular gimmick to them.

you got your maystay wrestlers like a Rick Martel whom was a solid wrestler for years in the NWA and WWF before developing the Model personna...

Other wrestlers got over with Animal acts like Koko Bee ware.

then there was the Painted face warriors

Powers of Pain

LOD

Demolition of course..

but what about those guys that didn't last long?

those guys who the average fan might not remember off hand?

like, Skinner!

who was your favorite short lived gimmick wrestler?

Guest ToddRoyal

MVP (Steve "Brooklyn Brawler" Lombardi) was a WWF guy, and was just Abe "KnuckleBall" Schwartz.

MVP (Dale Torborg) was the WCW guy. He didn't have a baseball painted on his face, so he wasn't as cool.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Skinner was around for nearly 2 years, Santana 10 years and Mantaur didn't debut until 2 yrs after Santana left WWF, so a feud wouldn't be able to happen.

LOD isn't a WWF Creation, niether were the Powers of Pain.

Xanta Klaus lasted about 2 weeks, as did BattleKat. If anyone remembers the 3rd member of Men on a Mission, I'll give them $20.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes
Weren't Men On A Mission Moe, Oscar and Mabel?

pnr1.gif

Pittsburgh Net Radio

Oscar was manager so I don;t count him.

The British Bulldog was actually part of Mabel/Mo's possy for about a week before going with Cornette's people. I guess someone realized his english accent wouldn't carry himself so they stuck him with a mouth piece.

Man Mountain Rock.

Who

Maxx Payne with red hair and he played a guitar with the WWF logo being the face of it.

What was his finisher in the WWF anyway? I remember in WCW he used a vicious looking reverse armbar but apparently that didn't fly with WWF brass

He wasn't _too_ short lived, but I always loved the Berzerker. I thought he was going to get a big feud with Taker after that match where he tried to stab him with his sword and piledrove him on the floor, but alas, it never happened...

Always loved Skinner too. He had a great match with Bret at Tuesday in Texas for the IC title.

This is a great Wrestlecrap thread. :)

Payne used the same movie in the WWF as Rock, it was called the Whammy Bar and he briefly feuded with Bob Backlund, because the old man hated rock music. There was also Rad Radford, who had a similar gimmick.

I just used Phantasio in the wrestling link thread. He a cross between a clown and a mime and his finisher was the magic wedgie.

Damien Demento. Hometown: The inner reaches of your mind.

Jimmy Jack Funk was always a favorite. Why the fuck did he wear a mask.

Saba Simba, who was obviously Tony Atlas. Roddy Piper didn't need to point it out.

The Gobbeldy Gooker, originally played by Hector Guerrero

Fur Face, aka Run in Man. Brutus Beefcake in a weird ass mask from where he had his boat accident.

Tracy Smothers as Freddie Joe Floyd

Savio Vega as Kwang the Ninja

Hakushi with all them cool as tatoos and jobbing to Barry Horowitz to get the feud with Candido over

Max Moon, originally played by Konnan and then Paul Diamond got the gimmick. He was a douchebag with a jetpack that didn't work.

Bruce Pritchard doing Dusty Rhodes parody Reo Rogers

Well Dunn. Made the Rockers look like Razor Ramon on the machismo scale.

Jim Neidhart under a mask as Who.

Man Mountain Rock.

Who

God, Who was an awful gimmick! That joke was funny for about a minute maximum.*

I loved Phantasio, the wrestling magician. Only ever saw him once, but the mark in me thought he was great.

*I realise that this wasn't a reference to the wrestler Who, but merely asking who Man Mountain Rock was, but I couldn't turn down the chance to be as witty as Vince.

He wasn't _too_ short lived, but I always loved the Berzerker. I thought he was going to get a big feud with Taker after that match where he tried to stab him with his sword and piledrove him on the floor, but alas, it never happened...

I always wonder what would happen if the Berserker was still around today. I bet "HUSS~!" would be crazy over with the crowd. Hell, I'd gladly rock a "HUSS" t-shirt.

As for short-lived characters...Techno Team 2000, Salvatore Sincere, Jean Pierre Lafite (I liked him though).

I always wonder what would happen if the Berserker was still around today. I bet "HUSS~!" would be crazy over with the crowd. Hell, I'd gladly rock a "HUSS" t-shirt.

As for short-lived characters...Techno Team 2000, Salvatore Sincere, Jean Pierre Lafite (I liked him though).

Yep, just gotta give Jimmy HUSS~! Jacobs a shot in the Crusier division. :)

I liked Lafitte a lot too. He had great matches with Bret and Taker that I remember seeing. Gotta love Hakushi, too, though he lasted about a year in the WWF. I always wished they pushed him more.

I was a big Salvatore Sincere mark. Even though I haven't seen it for years, I remember enjoying his Raw match vs. Undertaker. I knew Sal had no prayer, but I was hoping for a miracle. Plus, when he shook the hands of the Spanish Announce Team and then baited in Kevin Kelly only to pull his hand away was great.

I always laughed at the Goon. I was surprised he was in the gimmick battle royal at WM 17 or 18, I can't remember which one it was.

Yep, just gotta give Jimmy HUSS~! Jacobs a shot in the Crusier division. :)

I liked Lafitte a lot too. He had great matches with Bret and Taker that I remember seeing. Gotta love Hakushi, too, though he lasted about a year in the WWF. I always wished they pushed him more.

Also enjoyed Hakushi's work a lot in the WWF. He got a nice push as a heel and then as soon as they turned him face, they jobbed him out. Never understood why.

Guest Trivia247
Ferguson Fryar/Bastion Booger

Damn you Vince!

Always wanted to see a Friar vs Undertaker Feud...

Good vs EVIL!

Ferguson Fryar/Bastion Booger

Damn you Vince!

Always wanted to see a Friar vs Undertaker Feud...

Good vs EVIL!

I always suggested to my friends at the time that Taker should team with IRS and form Death and Taxes.

Okay, so you'd have to be an idiot to put Taker in the tag team division, but the name is cool! :)