TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ghettoman

To DrTom:

Guest Ghettoman

I'd like to ask why I was suspended.

I feel it was some unspoken biased considering I haven't done anything before, and the issue wasn't even an issue until I was suspended.

I didn't use the word at someone, in an offensive manner or in a way to try and piss someone off with it. If it was a problem beyond that, all you had to do was asked me to remove it and I would of happily obliged.

So may I ask why I was suspended without reason, or is that gonna get me suspended? Because I really haven't been led to believe it won't.

I'd like to ask why I was suspended.

For making a post using the word "nigger" in CE.

I didn't use the word at someone, in an offensive manner or in a way to try and piss someone off with it. If it was a problem beyond that, all you had to do was asked me to remove it and I would of happily obliged.

I'm not sure it's possible to use that word in a manner that isn't offensive to someone. Regardless, there are plenty of ways to get one's point across without resorting to the kind of cheap heat "nigger" gets. Maybe I should have just warned you; it was an option I considered. Considering that was your first offense, a warning probably would have been a better option.

But what's done is done.

So may I ask why I was suspended without reason, or is that gonna get me suspended? Because I really haven't been led to believe it won't.

Asking won't get you suspended. The problem I had is that you were grinding a very noticable axe against me across the boards, any chance you got. That's not the right way to resolve a problem. Starting a thread like this, or PMing me, would have been much better options, and would have saved the board a lot of needless drama over the weekend.

Like I said, a warning was probably the better option at the time, but it's the one I didn't choose and that choice can't be unmade. I don't hold a grudge against you over this or have any bias against you because of this, and I'd like to think the same is true from your end.

Guest Ghettoman

But a warning wasn't even neccesary so how you expect me to be ok with a suspension despite admitting to you being in the wrong I just don't get.

All you had to do was ask me to remove it, and I would have without question.

I mean I'd like to say thank you for owning up to your mistake, but you really didn't. You act as if because it's already done, I shouldn't be bothered by it. The "I could of but didn't so get over it" just gives off this vibe that there will be no punishment for mods who make mistakes.

I'd like to leave the issue dead but you seriously can't expect me to just forget it ever happened when it has a bearing on how I'll post here for the rest of the time I'm around.

But a warning wasn't even neccesary so how you expect me to be ok with a suspension despite admitting to you being in the wrong I just don't get.

All you had to do was ask me to remove it, and I would have without question.

I mean I'd like to say thank you for owning up to your mistake, but you really didn't. You act as if because it's already done, I shouldn't be bothered by it. The "I could of but didn't so get over it" just gives off this vibe that there will be no punishment for mods who make mistakes.

I'd like to leave the issue dead but you seriously can't expect me to just forget it ever happened when it has a bearing on how I'll post here for the rest of the time I'm around.

You are stupid....

Guest cobainwasmurdered

ugh. Just ugh. After the way you carried on flaming Tom in the non-flaming folders I'd have banned you. Tom was merciful.

Guest Ghettoman

Can you show me examples of that continuing flaming in non flaming folders? I've heard tales of it, but always thought it was a myth....

Guest Ghettoman

I said Flaming CWM.

Kingofthe909, I know it may hard to believe, but everyone of my posts is not in response to whatever dumb thing you said prior. Shocking, but true.

II know I've aked this countless times before, but why is it ok to discriminate against the French in CE, but not black people?

Guest Ghettoman

I did, you might of been too busy assuming my posts were directed at you to notice.

Do you call the French people derogatory names or just make fun of them? Calling black people "niggers" is very very very very very very offensive. Making fun of french people is not the same.

Guest Ghettoman

For the record I never called a black person a nigger or even directed it at one person.

Guest Ghettoman

Mr Rant if letting go is accepting someones wrong doing despite them not owning up to there mistake, then I won't be letting go any time soon.

Considering that was your first offense, a warning probably would have been a better option.

I seem to see him saying he was wrong with his choice. Would you like him to offer up a virgin as well you whining little prick?

Guest Ghettoman

Yeah thats really owning up to a mistake, saying 'I probably should of done this, but didn't so now stop whining' really shows he sees where he was wrong.

You people never let shit go do you?

Letting shit go sounds good right now.

If we were in HD, I'd say something along the lines of "Glad to hear you are leaving" or someother insipid joke like that. If we were in Hardcore Discussion, of course. Which we aren't. Are we? :huh:

The French thing is done purely in jest. It's all ridiculous, over the top, hacky 80s comedian humor when it comes to them. It's obviously not serious. Something like 'Nigger' often crosses the line, and it's fairly easy to see why it wouldn't be taken lightly, and why a mod would have a problem with it. And FYI, the same type of humor prevalent in French mocking has been used for all races on this board, so it's not like one is given a free pass over the other.

Ghettoman-- What do you want from Tom anyway? You're making a mountain out of a molehill at this point. Throughout this whole thing Tom has been open to rationally talking about it, while you've been confrontational, stubborn and bitter as fuck, taking it as far as the Paris Hilton thread in LSD. It was two days, and obviously can't be rescinded now. So stop bitching, get over it and reexamine your life, hopefully to the point where you won't get so uppity over pointless shit like this in the future.

Edit: Looking back on this post, I came off as needlessly harsh with the language and those last couple lines. I stand by my opinion, however.

Guest Ghettoman

Get so uppity? Where did I get so uppity? It doesn't take that much effort to post.

I was unfairly suspended, all I've gotten was a 'maybe I could of but I didn't so shut up'. That doesn't stop it from happening again, that doesn't make me think it won't happen again.

And if I think it could happen again, why would I just shut up?

Because it won't happen again. Not unless you bring it on yourself.

As long as I've been here, there has never been anyone that was banned (or suspended) unjustly or without reason. It may not have always been a popular decision, and there were naturally some mistakes made along the way, usually due to bad information. But there were always reasons. Never was someone banned because a mod "felt like it."

As much as some like to think it, there is no mod conspiracy looking to unfairly ban posters. Tom had his justifiable reasons here, and though you may not agree with it or he may doubt it, what's done is done and the punishment fit the crime. And let's face it, the punishment could have been much worse.

Yeah thats really owning up to a mistake, saying 'I probably should of done this, but didn't so now stop whining' really shows he sees where he was wrong.

Actually it does.

He said that a warning would have been a better option, but you have such a big problem with it that you keep on about it.

Tom made a mistake. Despite that, you can still post. There's nothing to be whining about now.