TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BifEverchad

Def Jam Vendetta

Its at a local video game store for $29 bucks.

I'm a huge wrestling video game fan, I have all the versions of the SmackDown! series, as well as the LOW set, among many others down through the years.

Although I've never played Def Jam, but I heard it was pretty good.

So, should I or shouldn't I?

Ehh...I think it's more of a renter. I rented it a while back and liked it, but I don't think I'd play it enough to justify buying it. It's way more fun with multiplayer. The single player mode isn't great.

The moves are set up more like N64 No Mercy, rather than the Smackdown games...which is a better system.

Career mode is pretty weak, but if you're looking for a game where you can just have some exhibition matches with swank gameplay and crazy moves, it's a lot of fun. I'm completely clueless when it comes to rap and I still enjoyed the characters anyway.

If you have No Mercy already, then "no."

If you don't have No Mercy already and you don't play a lot of multiplayer, then "no."

If you don't have No Mercy already and you do play a lot of multiplayer...then "no", simply because I've found it at multiple places for $20 or cheaper.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

If your a SD series fan get it. Over-exagerated moves that are comletely unrealistic with 6 or 7 real rappers and about 20 fakes.

It's a piece of shit, and comparing it to No Mercy is like comparing Chocolate Ice Cream to Horse Manure.

It's a piece of shit, and comparing it to No Mercy is like comparing Chocolate Ice Cream to Horse Manure.

Except for that whole "gameplay based on an updated version of the No Mercy engine" thing, sure.

Though it should be said; DJV is fast. Almost too fast. If you decide to get it, it will definitely take some time to get used to the gigantic speed increase over No Mercy.

I'm actually awaiting DJV2, if there is such a game. I hope a CAW (or at least something equal to a CAW) is included, so then I can make Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman (since Slayer is signed to Def Jam's American Records label) and kick some DMX ass.

I'd say get it, but only if you can find it for cheaper. It's quite a fun game if you're just into exhibitions, but the "secrets" and "prizes" for winning the Storyline Mode aren't worth the effort more than once.

Pure renter for me. The use of rappers as wrestlers might attract a few, but not those like myself who desperately want a true next gen heir to WWF No Mercy.

And alot of the characters you unlock are disgustingly underpowered, which I never liked.

I like this game a lot, but you might want to check other places. I know Blockbuster carries the new one for $19.99 and the used for $12.99, at least around here.

I think it might be around that price at Best Buy too, I tried checking the website, but it said online ordering is down for updates right now, so I couldn't look. I know that Blockbuster (at least where I am) is that for sure. I liked the game, but you might want to double check, to get it a little cheaper, as it is most likely hit the Best Seller section.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

Except for that whole "gameplay based on an updated version of the No Mercy engine" thing, sure.

Though it should be said; DJV is fast. Almost too fast. If you decide to get it, it will definitely take some time to get used to the gigantic speed increase over No Mercy.

Some peoples trash is another person treasure.

Some people...OK A LOT of people hated RAW for Xbox, but I enjoyed it. Some people enjpoy DJV, I find it a little too....bleh. Pointless. Plus I'm not a big fan of ANYONE real in the game, so that was the deciding factor.

Its 19.95 for the Gamecube on the EA Store at ea.com and if you've bought anything from them before you've probably gotten or will get a $15 coupon in an email you could use on it. Youd still end up paying about $10 for it shipped though. Thats where I got it for $5 shipped back in december as I was able to stack 2 $10 off coupons, but the $15 codes don't stack.

If your a SD series fan get it. Over-exagerated moves that are comletely unrealistic with 6 or 7 real rappers and about 20 fakes.

This game is nothing like the Smackdown series, wtf are you talking about?

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

This game is nothing like the Smackdown series, wtf are you talking about?

From when I played it, completely unrealistic moves and no selling.

If I wanted to play a Mortal Kombat game, I'd just DL one.