TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dynamite Kido

Teddy Hart

Guest Dynamite Kido

Everyone knows him...hell, the guy is getting infamous for being a total douchebag. But I don't know if I'm the only one that sees this, but doesn't it seem like he's turning into a "Loose Cannon" type like Pillman was in the mid 90's? Now I am in no way comparing their in-ring work. I am just comparing the come see this guy as "you never know what he'll do" kinda gimmick. I mean the guy is slowly becoming a draw because people wanna come see what kind of dumb shit he is gonna do next. People are going nuts about his "fight" with Punk at TNA this week like it's news of the year type material.

Guest The Last Free Voice

That's the idea. It won't work though, because everyone knows that's what he is shooting for, so we just shrug it off. Plus it's not original anymore, so the novelty is kinda gone.

Guest Dynamite Kido
That's the idea. It won't work though, because everyone knows that's what he is shooting for, so we just shrug it off. Plus it's not original anymore, so the novelty is kinda gone.

I agree. But this gimmick is getting Hart quite the buzz in the IWC, and it's totally because of that gimmick. Hell, he is a TOTAL spotmonkey and he can put together a match for shit, but all the smarks are eating it up. I think it's hilarious though........

But I don't know if I'm the only one that sees this, but doesn't it seem like he's turning into a "Loose Cannon" type like Pillman was in the mid 90's? I am just comparing the come see this guy as "you never know what he'll do" kinda gimmick.

I was thinking about that this morning before I saw this thread. And the thing that concerns me is that he may end up with the same fate as Pillman. I don't know if this guy is on drugs or not, but he seems to be out of control heading towards something really bad. I haven't heard anything from Bret on this. Is there any word on if they speak?

Guest Dynamite Kido

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't remember Bret EVER mentioning him.....

Guest j.o.b. squad

right now teddy hart is the most dynamic character in wrestling period. his real life loose cannon/asshole stuff gets the most attntion out of anything in wrestling right now.

teddy is the draw in indy wrestling right now.

The thing that irks me about the comparison is this. Pillman WAS certifiably off the wall. He attempted to coerce Terri into a three way with him and Tom Zenk, nailed a girl in college while hanging upside down in gravity boots, wrote letters to Penthouse proclaiming his love for his eventual wife Melanie, and planned on running onto the field during Super Bowl '96 and chaining himself to the goal post. To me, that shows just a *tad* bit more of a Loose Cannon personality than random moonsaults and bashing your indy peers. I don't mind Teddy, but to think he's the next Brian Pillman is not a fair comparison.

Guest bort

I think that teddy is going to be talked about for awhile, just because people talk about you does not mean you are a draw, the people who are talking about him are already going to the shows. If ROH was smart they wouldnt book him because all it is doing is pissing of the talent

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Right now, he just strikes me as an attention starved spoiled brat.

Man, Teddy Hart is nuts. He's been acting like a whackjob for years. How mnay times have you seen a wrestler get concussed, then vomit by the ringside area. He is attention straved, but I think that slowly begins to bleed into the ultimate truth that he is nutso.

right now teddy hart is the most dynamic character in wrestling period. his real life loose cannon/asshole stuff gets the most attntion out of anything in wrestling right now.

Is that something to base a career on though? He may be the name on everyones mind at the moment, but how long before the novelty wears off and everyone realises that he has little to offer behind the gimmick?

Right now, he just strikes me as an attention starved spoiled brat.

Man, Teddy Hart is nuts. He's been acting like a whackjob for years. How mnay times have you seen a wrestler get concussed, then vomit by the ringside area. He is attention straved, but I think that slowly begins to bleed into the ultimate truth that he is nutso.

Banky posting in the Indy Folder....

Is this a first?

How mnay times have you seen a wrestler get concussed, then vomit by the ringside area.

Sabu, during his match with RVD at Wrestlepalooza '98 (same show with Al Snow vs. Shane Douglas for the ECW World Title) comes to mind. And Sabu did it right in front of the camera, too.

How mnay times have you seen a wrestler get concussed, then vomit by the ringside area.

Sabu, during his match with RVD at Wrestlepalooza '98 (same show with Al Snow vs. Shane Douglas for the ECW World Title) comes to mind. And Sabu did it right in front of the camera, too.

That was the worst.

The vomit, the match, and the show.

Wrestlepalooza '98 is 3 hours of my life I'll never get back. I don't think there is one redeeming quality about that entire PPV. Not even when Shane Douglas said that Ric Flair sucks Bischoff's ass.

Guest Markingout

Indeed Wrestlepalooza 98 sucked. The only part I loved was when all the head got thrown into the ring after the horrible Snow and Douglas match.

Back too Ted Hart. I honestly think this guy gets off when the internet talks smack on him. He is always looking for trouble, and never will suceed. I would laugh if in a few years he comes out and says everything was work.

Here's what I think about Teddy. He's a new face whose trying his damn hardest to get noticed and it what he's doing right now, is working for him. I hate the fact that he's using the name Hart to act like he's a big shot but being a pain in ass is working for him. Personnally I like to smack the shit outta him myself, but thats just me.

Guest j.o.b. squad

Is that something to base a career on though? He may be the name on everyones mind at the moment, but how long before the novelty wears off and everyone realises that he has little to offer behind the gimmick?

so what if he has little to offer besides the gimmick. if he sells people on the gimmick then he will do just fine.

infamy sells better then talent any day of the week.

Guest Dynamite Kido
The thing that irks me about the comparison is this. Pillman WAS certifiably off the wall. He attempted to coerce Terri into a three way with him and Tom Zenk, nailed a girl in college while hanging upside down in gravity boots, wrote letters to Penthouse proclaiming his love for his eventual wife Melanie, and planned on running onto the field during Super Bowl '96 and chaining himself to the goal post. To me, that shows just a *tad* bit more of a Loose Cannon personality than random moonsaults and bashing your indy peers.I don't mind Teddy, but to think he's the next Brian Pillman is not a fair comparison.

I NEVER said that he is the next Brian Pillman, but they are booking him like he is a "loose cannon", just like they did with Pillman.

Guest OSIcon
so what if he has little to offer besides the gimmick. if he sells people on the gimmick then he will do just fine.

The "gimmick" is a short term thing though.

How long before the "shock" value of Teddy Hart runs out? What happens when he settles down in a promotion and everyone just sees he puts on mediocre matches and is no better than two dozen other people in ROH?

It is kind of like Russo's booking philosophy: be as shocking as possible to get people to notice. That may work in the short term, but eventually the shocking isn't so shocking anymore and people get tired of the whole deal.

If Teddy can prove to be really good in the ring and have more to offer beyond being shocking, then he'll be fine. If not, then he'll get bookings for a while in places like CZW, JAPW, ect. before is novelty wears off and the next flavor of the month gets a lot of bookins.

The thing that irks me about the comparison is this.  Pillman WAS certifiably off the wall.  He attempted to coerce Terri into a three way with him and Tom Zenk, nailed a girl in college while hanging upside down in gravity boots, wrote letters to Penthouse proclaiming his love for his eventual wife Melanie, and planned on running onto the field during Super Bowl '96 and chaining himself to the goal post.  To me, that shows just a *tad* bit more of a Loose Cannon personality than random moonsaults and bashing your indy peers.I don't mind Teddy, but to think he's the next Brian Pillman is not a fair comparison.

I NEVER said that he is the next Brian Pillman, but they are booking him like he is a "loose cannon", just like they did with Pillman.

I wasn't saying you dude, chill. I'm talking about even Teddy himself proclaiming that to be the case.

Guest j.o.b. squad

The "gimmick" is a short term thing though.

How long before the "shock" value of Teddy Hart runs out? What happens when he settles down in a promotion and everyone just sees he puts on mediocre matches and is no better than two dozen other people in ROH?

It is kind of like Russo's booking philosophy: be as shocking as possible to get people to notice. That may work in the short term, but eventually the shocking isn't so shocking anymore and people get tired of the whole deal.

If Teddy can prove to be really good in the ring and have more to offer beyond being shocking, then he'll be fine. If not, then he'll get bookings for a while in places like CZW, JAPW, ect. before is novelty wears off and the next flavor of the month gets a lot of bookins.

the simple answer is he does not settle down in one area. abdulah the butcher never put on great matches but he drew becose he never stuck with any promotion long term.

he will spend a few months with the mid-atlantic's(czw roh japw) then he will go somewhere like socal, then to florida, then iwa-ms then massachusets. and so on and so forth. there are enough regions in america canada & mexico to keep him on that self distructive gravy train for a long time.

The thing that irks me about the comparison is this.  Pillman WAS certifiably off the wall.  He attempted to coerce Terri into a three way with him and Tom Zenk, nailed a girl in college while hanging upside down in gravity boots, wrote letters to Penthouse proclaiming his love for his eventual wife Melanie, and planned on running onto the field during Super Bowl '96 and chaining himself to the goal post.  To me, that shows just a *tad* bit more of a Loose Cannon personality than random moonsaults and bashing your indy peers.I don't mind Teddy, but to think he's the next Brian Pillman is not a fair comparison.

I wasn't saying you dude, chill. I'm talking about even Teddy himself proclaiming that to be the case.

The reason I consider him a loose cannon is because he isn't just pissing people off. He's pissing them off to the point where they want to take his ass out. How long before he pisses someone off legit and he gets taken out ala Bruiser Brody? American justice is quite different than Puerto Rican justice, but I can see someone taking him out and any witnesses not caring to speak out on his behalf because they feel he deserved it.

Guest Dynamite Kido

YOU CHILL!!! Your just mad because you can't do 30 ft moonsaults!!!!!! :P

[/kidding]

Guest Dynamite Kido

HA, 25 foot moonsault........how pathetic. I guess you weren't meant to be in the WWE someday......