TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RickyB

3 Count Wrestling

Guest RickyB

From the 3CW Website (www.3cw.co.uk):

> Sunday 14th March 2004, 6pm, FREE ADMISSION

> 3 Count Wrestling will hold it's debut "British Wrestling, American-Style!" pro wrestling show at the ENNIS SQUARE SOCIAL CLUB on the 14th of March, 2004.

Doors open at 6pm/bell at 6:30pm, and as a debut show special, admission is completely FREE! That's right, for it's debut show, 3CW will NOT be charging for admission, so get there early to avoid disappointment!

Countdown to Wrestlemania XX with 3CW FREE FOR ALL, featuring a Royal Rumble rules main event, and such wrestlers as "WILD THING" ADAM BROWN, ICE XVII, CHRIS CANNON and Dormanstown's own LANCE THUNDER.

Ennis Square Social Club

Ennis Square

Dormanstown

Redcar

TS10 5JR

---------------------

> Thursday 25th March 2004, 7pm, £5 Adults / £4 Children & OAPs

> 3CW hits the BLYTHEHOLME CLUB & INSTITUTE in Stockton on the 25th of March 2004 for another night of British Wrestling, American-style!

Doors Open at 7pm/bell at 7:30pm and admission is £5 for adults, £4 for children and OAPs. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult. Tickets are available from ALAN FEARNLEY RECORDS in Middlesbrough, SOUND IT OUT in Stockton, and the venue itself. Tickets will also be available on the door, but book early to avoid disappointment!

The Main Event for the night is a 30-man Royal Rumble rules match, whilst also featured will be "WILD THING" ADAM BROWN, ICE XVII, CHRIS CANNON, LANCE THUNDER, and former UWA competitor of nationwide renown, STEVIE KNIGHT!

Blytheholme Club & Institute

38 Yarm Road

Stockton-on-Tees

TS18 3NG

Guest ravman77

Anyone here going to either of these? Stocktons not far at all from me, half considering it. Think it'll be any good?!

Guest hunger4unger

I'll be going to the Stockton show, well, buying tickets on the door. Can't make the Redcar show as i'm working that night. I'm going to be travelling from Catterick (30 mins south of Stockton) so if you need a lift Ravman get in touch.

As for if it will be good...no idea but Stevie Knight is a great worker.

Guest ravman77

Thanks for the offer Hunger but Im the other side, Im just outside Sunderland.

Think I'll check the Stockton show out though, I mean it cant be that bad for a fiver...can it?!

Guest RickyB

From the 3CW website:

> Big news for the Blytheholm show both Five Star Flash and Julio Torres of All Star Wrestling are confirmed to be wrestling in the main event of the show.

That should be great. I've never seen Five Star Flash live, but from the clips on his website he seems impressive, and i've heard nothing but good things about him. Julio Torres is another worker i've heard good stuff about, apparantly he's a really good heel as my mate seen him Wrestling on an All Star show at Butlins and was impressed by him.

Guest RickyB

Quick results from "Free For All", the Dormanstown show:

Gangster Ben Harley was the sole survivor in a 8 Man Elimination Tag Match.

Ice XVII w/ Vincent D. Whitedefeated Dormanstown's own "Pure Sex" Lance Thunder after Vincent D. White got up on the Apron and Hotshotted Thunder over the top rope and Ice XVII rolled him up and hooked the tights for the win. Lance Thunder beat down on Vincent D. White after the match.

Violance Jack & Johnny Studd defeated "Wild Thing" Adam Brown & Chris Cannon by Count Out when Johnny Studd and Adam Brown were brawling on the outside but Violance Jack was the legal man. Chris Cannon attacked Adam Brown after the match.

"Wild Thing" Adam Brown won a Royal Rumble match eliminating Chris Cannon to win it.

They announced 4 matches for the Stockton show at the end of the night:

10 Man Survivor Series Tag Match

Ice XVII Vs Lance Thunder Re-match

Adam Brown Vs Chris Cannon

30 Man Royal Rumble Match

Stevie Knight, Five Star Flash and Julio Torres will also have matches on the show. I'll get a more in-depth report up later if anyone wants... I kno it's not important to most people, but it's good to have more exposure for young upcoming talent from the UK.

Guest frowned

keep it up - I'll be back studying at Teesside in September and am always on the lookout for this sort of thing - tis good to get an idea of the quality of the wrestling being put on. Last year I saw a show from a "promotion" called FXW at the Middlesbrough Arena but it was basically semi-legitimised backyard stuff - I'm taking it that this is a bit above that?

Guest RickyB

Yes it is a lot above that. A few of the Wrestlers from the "FXW" show are in this promotion, but they are now fully trained and ready to perform in front of an audiance, which they might not have been last year. Who's planning on coming to the 3CW Stockton show at the moment by the way?

Guest frowned

are any of the existing wrestlers the 2 guys who put on the shithot spotfest at the end? or that manager kid who just frigging oozed charisma? cos they were like the only two redeeming features of the promotion. Oh yeah - and the dude who thought he was American - loved that gimmick.

Guest RickyB

The American guy is at 3 Count Wrestling, so is Justin Marrs, him and Jayson Mayson are a Tag Team now.

Not really fair to say they were the only good things on the show. The opening singles match and Ozzy/Ice XVII were better matches than the main event. The main event just looked good because it was live.

Guest frowned

I think it was the Ozzy match in particular that I remember cos it was a joke... the little guy got whipped to the corner and was obviously supposed to do the whole Shawn Michaels sell-it-by-flipping-over-the-turnbuckle thing, there was like a 20 second gap between him hitting the corner and slipping. Every single other match was really a joke. The main event was only any good cos it was a pretty decently executed spotfest, everything else was at such a rank amateur level it was unfunny. wasn't the opener the really crappy battle royal? cos that properly sucked.

Obviously I'm not remembering everything perfectly so may have gotten stuff muddled up, but generally it wasn't too good... some of the entertainment aspects of it all were pretty good, it was just the wrestling itself was like a few mates getting together in a backyard and trying to do their favourite moves.

Hopefully there'll still be stuff like this in the North when I return in September.

Guest RickyB

Hmm, that wasn't the Ozzy match, that was a different match... it did look stupid like. Anyway, 3CW is nothing to do with that, although a few of their workers have joined with them.

Anyway, the card for the stockton show has been posted on the website:

Rivertown Rumble

Dog Collar Match

Adam Brown Vs Chris Cannon

Ten Man Survivor Series Tag Team Match

Chris Valentine, Jonny Love, Jayson Mayson, Justin Marrs & Jonny Studd Vs Gangster Ben Harley, Dave Styles, EdEn, "Sweet" Stevie Aaron & Malice Mascarado

Rematch from Free For All

Ice XVII Vs Lance Thunder

From All-Star Wrestling

Five Star Flash Vs "Brooklyn Brawler" Julio Torres

Stevie Knight Vs Mick Romeo (from Revolution British Wrestling)

30-Man Rivertown Rumble

Apparantly the DVD of the Dormanstown show "Free For All" is going to be on sale at "Rivertown Rumble" and as well as the matches from the show (Lance Thunder Vs Ice XVII and Cannon/Brown Vs Jonny Studd/Violance Jack are worth seeing) there's going to be Ice XVII Vs Doug Williams from Cream of Wrestling on the DVD as an extra which sounds interesting, Ice XVII is a really good worker and Doug Williams is pretty much one of the best in the world.. he's definatly the best British Wrestler ever.