TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markingout

ROH too film an empty arena match

Guest Markingout
Ring of Honor will be filming an Empty Arena match between Steve Corino and Teddy Hart at their wrestling school in Langhorne, PA on Tuesday 3/22. The promotion announced today that Corino had accepted a challenge issued by Hart for that match during a filming of his shoot interview last week (yes, they did an angle during a "shoot" interview).

The plan is to shoot the bout for home video release a few days after Corino's return to the United States as he is currently on tour with ZERO-ONE in Japan. The match will obviously play off of the famous Empty Arena match between Jerry Lawler and Terry Funk, which took place in 1984 in Memphis, TN.

The match continues issues between Hart and Corino that at one point caused a lot of heat between the two, but turned into a work during the final MLW tapings in January. With MLW having ceased operations, they will now do the bout in ROH.

Credit: PWinsider.

This should be a money making match as everyone wants too see Teddy get the crap beat out of him. Some people are complain that it goes againest respect and honor. My response too that is, ROH is a wrestling promotion. It wants too suceed. It has too have money making angles and storylines. This is one as Teddy is the talk of the indy scene.

Guest Markingout
Yeah, Ring of Honor IS a wrestling promotion. The Teddy Hart angle is a little too much Sports Entertainment, but whatever.

On some level I agree with you, but for once the smart marks actually hate a heel. When Daniels heel half of the crowd loves him. When Teddy comes out he is a totally heel.

May sound dumb, but why have this is an empty arena? Surely this match would sell ticktes like there no tomorow, and the heat would be unreal?

Guest Markingout
May sound dumb, but why have this is an empty arena? Surely this match would sell ticktes like there no tomorow, and the heat would be unreal?

It adds that much more fuel too the fire. It no fans, it makes it seem more like a straight up fight rather than a wrestling match

Corino wont be in the US for any scheduled ROH shows

So it was a lie by PWinsider.com?

I mean he wont be able to do the match with a crowd because of conflicting schedules. Thats why it is empty arena.

Guest TDinDC1112
Didn't everyone jump down MLW's throat when they played off the real life heat between Steve Corino and Teddy Hart?

yes

We jumped down their throats because it was yet another lame attempt to play off something that happened in a different promotion, as opposed to, you know, thinking of storylines of their own.

If this is all about stealing things from other promotions, then Ring of Honor probably shouldn't even be around considering they book wrestlers who all made their names in other promotions and promote them like they're their own talent.

Guest bort

I saw this on the ROH board and the fan boys were marking out, too me its stupid. Dont really about the heat because its gone, teddy isnt gonna get shot on as the have worked out there problems. too me its just playing of stupid internet fans

Guest TDinDC1112
We jumped down their throats because it was yet another lame attempt to play off something that happened in a different promotion, as opposed to, you know, thinking of storylines of their own.

I'm not willing to give ROH any credit for this. Teddy Hart is a big time Dick-Head, and it somehow has manifested itself and has fallen into ROH's lap. The Corino-Hart heat was played up way more in MLW I thought. In fact, ROH made this match out of Hart's "shoot interview - you know, the one where angles were made out of," which was heavily promoted on the heels of a real life situation that had just occurred at a TNA show.

The Corino-Hart heat started wayyyy before all of this, as Corino has called Teddy Hart a goof in the past, before the RoH show. Then after the RoH show, he ripped Teddy a new one in his journal, and then Teddy challenged him to a fight. Then MLW came along, and started making an angle out of it, but it fell apart. I do think the "fight" with Punk was a work to re-stir up interest, since all of these different stories coming out of it make no sense at all. If you'd pay attention to facts, you'd know that Teddy's shoot interview was scheduled before the fight occured at TNA, making things even more suspicious. The promotion of this interview started a few days before the TNA thing happened.

That's all fine and good...but Teddy Hart was a prick well before he went to RoH.

MLW was doing the same thing RoH is doing...basing an angle off of a real life situation.

There's nothing wrong with it...it just isn't any different than the same thing that people bitched about.

Guest TDinDC1112
It's TO, not too, idiot.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed that