TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justsoyouknow

311's cover of "Lovesong"

What is everyone's thoughts on this song? I actually find it to be non-offensive, and it's actually starting to grow on me. Granted, I hate 311 ever since they came out with that awful song "Amber" that everyone loved oh-so-much. But what is everyone's fascination with The Cure as of late? Blink 182 got Robert Smith to sing on "All of This" on their new album, and, surprise, surprise, it's by far the best song on the CD. Hot Hot Heat revels in Cure rip-offery...The Cure are apparently working on a comeback CD...

Why has The Cure been on such a roll as-of-late? What are your thoughts on the 311 song?

I've been a huge 311 fan since 1995, and even though I prefer their older material, "Love Song" is a very good, faithful cover. I was kind of iffy on it at first, but I really like it now.

I am a huge 311 fan. I love the song. Some consider it blasphemy, but the vocals are truely emotive.

Plus, it's totally tuned in with the vibe right now: people are sick of negative rock, but feel guilty listening to sugar-pop music. Therein lies the antidote: the reggae vibe.

I really like this cover. It's a nice take of the original.

311 has kind of been up and down for me. The album Grassroots was great, one of my favorites. But they've put out some real shit.

I really like this cover. It's a nice take of the original.

311 has kind of been up and down for me. The album Grassroots was great, one of my favorites. But they've put out some real shit.

The only one I really don't like is "From Chaos," but even that has some great moments.

btw the entire 50 first dates sountrack is 80s songs covered in a reggae vein including another cure song - friday im in love

the cure may be my all time favorite artist and i thought 311 did a great job not as strong as cure covers on compilations like "disintegrated" but still solid

I don't know if you guys know this, but 311 are releasing a Greatest Hits album (which includes "Lovesong") around June 8th. I know, I know: what hits? I guess "Down," "All Mixed Up," "Don't Stay Home," "Amber," and "Creatures (For a While)" are probably their most recognizable tracks.