TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

Generations?

A very very long time ago in chat we were discussing what generation everyone was in the fed. The first generation were the people who started the fed. But who was the second? The third?

I've heard it argued that people like Edwin, King (ALWAYS WITH THOSE TWO EDWIN AND KING), Thugg, are second generation. I've heard that they were third generation, and that second gen was people like Red Hurricane, Madrac (sorry, these guys were before my time, and as disgruntled of a vet as I am, they are before me), Insane Luchador (Yes, IL has seniority on me)

And people like me... and... uh... T-Bone... or maybe Lucky... Are the third or fourth generation, depending on your logic above.

But after that, I've completely lost track. Is Toxxic, like, the tenth or eleventh generation or something? What generation would Danny Williams, Flesher, and Z be since they were the first recruits after we moved from IGN?

Discuss.

I haven't been here for long at all compared to everyone else... but I would say that if you can figure out what 'generation' the fed was at when the the IGNWF became the SWF... then go from there with about every two or three bumps (six - eight months) being a generation. I say that because my 'generation' would include Royal, Maddix, and that's about it (of those that are left... guys like Conklin, Lockwood, Craig, and others would be in there as well...but are gone now)

I would say we have to be at least in the 10th generation if not much more... there has been 3 or 4 since CF 03 (counting the last SJLers as their own generation and Toxxic as the start of the next one)

I've always looked at the generations like this:

1st Gen: Rane, Jayson, GOAT, Cyclone Comet, Wilson, Neilsen, Sacred etc. The people who were at the very start of the IGNWF and IGNJL, from about Aug. 2000 (though the IGNWF didn't get its boards until October 2000, I don't think) - Jan 2001.

2nd Gen: KoH, Edwin MacPhisto, Raynor, Thoth, Ash, IL, etc. The era of the JL/ML split, and the single most active and talented time of the fed's history. Feb 2001 - Summer 2001.

3rd Generation: Munich, The Boston Strangler, LDP, Annie, Stryke, Sarah, Johnny(Brimstone), etc. The longest spanning generation, beginning after the ML/JL merged back together. Many of these people had unusually long JL careers. Late Summer 2001 - Jan. 2002

4th Generation: Z, Tom, CIA, Mak, Cutthroat, Thor, Spike Jenkins, etc. The first applicants after the IGN -> TSM move. You might be able to consider those who where in the JL at the time as 4th gen, but I do not. Extends from just before the end of the fed at IGN, Feb 2002 - Aug 2002.

5th Generation: Wildchild, Judge, Ejiro, Crowe, Janus, Dace, Va'aiga, etc. Extending from just after Genesis III - early 2003. We'll say Sept 2002 - Feb 2003. Another long lasting generation.

6th Generation: English Dragon, John Duran(sorta), Charlie "Grappler" Matthews, etc. A difficult generation to nail down, because it ebbed and flowed, and very few people ever really came out of it. Mar 2003 - Summer 2003.

7th Generation: Todd Royal, Alan Clark, Landon Maddix, Jimmy Liston... I think that's all I can think of. Recruits start appearing maybe one or two every month. An extremely thin generation. Extends to the end of the JL. Summer 2003 - Jan. 2004.

Anyone who joins now could be considered an 8th generation writer. I know there's some gaps between generations, but they're generally marked when a large group of people join and are then all flushed out of the JL or go on to achieve things in the fed, or a generation ends because of some major event in the fed. It's not a perfect measurement, since some generations are significantly longer than others, but I think it's fairly accurate.

-Z

That actually looks about accurate Z, with only one exception. Thoth would be 3rd generation, as he came after many of the people you have listed in Gen 3. He was bumped with Sarah...

Da "thinks he is a tweener between Gen 2 and Gen 3...wasn't part of the big bump of King/Edwin/ELM/X...but after the bump of Sarah/Thoth" H

PS - I kind of snuck in as the only bumpee on that PPV.

hm... 1st generation SWFer... rock 4 mee.

\m/ >_< \m/

That looks to be apretty accurate representation of the Generations Z. Rock 4 j00 2~!

It's a bit tough, because you have a lot of people who were around for a long time in the JL but didn't get going for a certain period. Z's is pretty good though. Makes me feel really old. I pretty much still felt like a new guy till we made it to these boards.

I guess that makes me a 1st generation guy then, as I joined in October / November of 2000. Whee!

Oh, and who were you back in the day Jake, because I don;t remember you being around. i could be wrong, of course...

He was like Iceman or one of those guys...I don't remember his name, but I remember him being in the JL when I got there...I wanna say he was a member of End Of Days or something like that.

Da "blah" H

No, no. Jake was GoldenEye! Which I remembered was funny, because people would spell it Goldeneye and think it was based on the Bond movie, when in fact the guy just had, well, a Golden Eye.

Why do I remember this? Because he was often the tag partner of my favorite wrestler in SWF history...SNOW DEMON!!!!!

Iceman! I remember he got mad at me because I wouldn't give him a TV title shot.

That and the alley.

Edwin is 100% right ;)

Jake's first appearance on IGNJL TV was the card in which Thugg captured his IGNJL World Title. (Was a match -VS- The Unknown Warrior - Freind of Payne who was a dick and I challenged. Goldy was taken out before the match started, and Jake made his debuit in his place.

My first match in the fed was early November (I think) and it was a 4 way match... Axis (who had just joined as well ;)) vs me, vs Joe Bruiser (No-showed, never heard from again) and Daemon (also no-showed, and never heard from again.) and I got my ass stomped into the floor, because I didn't know jack shit about matchwriting, and Cru got a lesson from Sacred on the whole deal.

sigh... the memories...

Dude... I had no idea you were GoldenEye. Wow. You were a part of the MonStars weren't you? I think one of my first matches had one of your guys in it...

And, as trivia, Daemon was supposed to be my tag partner in the IGNJL when FTW made a run at the tag straps...

Fuck! GoldenEye! I remember that now! What stable were you in? I know it was either EoD or ADD.

Da "remembers when Jake joined up with the Alliance...ahh, good times" H

I would consider my generation to the be the group of guys I was bumped with or very near too. I consider my peers to be Tom, Z, Ced, Tod, TNT, Danny Williams, etc. I think you after the move to these boards a generation should be considered on who was bumped to the SWF and when. I would even conisder dudes who were around for a cup of coffee, like Vanguard who came in when I did, to even be really of much consideration.

I consider my peers to be Tom, Z, Ced, Tod, TNT, Danny Williams, etc.

No need for the 'etc.', that was all of us. Good times...

I'm disappointed in Zed for omitting me as an example of one of the 4th generation members yet listing Cutthroat. Bitch...I thought I knew you, man. I THOUGHT I KNEW YOU!

*Tries to do something heelish to Z, but fails to think of anything good. Gets a Triple S on DDR to pop the crowd instead.*

Cutthroat's mark on the SWF in idellible, dude. And no amount of therapy can change that, so I couldn't just leave him out.

And, uh, don't think you can get away with this insolence! I'm going put you back in your place the only way we both know how!

::challanges Ced to a game of KoF::

::loses badly::

...shit. Okay, next time, I stick to being tyrannical through means I'm actually good at.

-Z

Guest TheAntipop

Pfffft, this fed will forever be in a constant state of Galatea Generation. :cheers:

ADD my good thuggumz.. ADD. 'twas me, Snow Demon, Big Danny for the most part, with X coming into the picture at the end (dunno if he was ever a part of the stable or not)

Mark: GoldenEye was the founder of the Monstars, my first (and not the last) failure of an idea. Somehow I got the idea from the movie Space Jam, and tried to bring in my freind (who was supposed to be Assassin) and my brother (who was supposed to be Falcon) but they pussied out of it and thankfully the stable died off as quietly as it began, giving way to the ADD and on days.

*sigh*

!!!!!!!!

GALATEA IS ALIVE!

Damn. (Y)

Hail the 1st gen. We are cool. Daemon was around actually - he was staggered that I wrote a promo where he beat me up.

Ahh... The days of paragraph promos.

so this means that I'm a first Generation writer as well.

Its too bad that I don't have time to really write (well I do, but for a profession)