TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Rob Feinstein........

This is the email Randy Taylor sent out to detractors emailing the rexplex to cancel the show. This email spurred me to do a lot of research that has confirmed what he said:

Thank you for your response,

Let me make it clear that it is not RexPlex's interest to benefit the well being of a pedophile. The principle owners of this company are all parents who are appalled by the actions of Ring of Honor ex-owner Robert Feinstein.

When the news first broke of Mr.. Feinsteins' actions RexPlex was swift in asking that he be totally divorced from the company in every way and that he not be a participant in any profits earned by either ROH or RF Video going forward. Nor would he obviously be allowed onsite at any future event. Failure to comply with our requests would result in the show at RexPlex on March 13th being cancelled. We at RexPlex are confident that these requests have been fulfilled.

As for the question of "legal filings" with the state of Pennsylvania, RexPlex's legal advice has been that Pennsylvania only requires that an ownership declaration be made at the initial forming of the corporation. Hence, the records, which are from this initial filing, show that Mr. Feinstein owns 100% of the company. Unlike New Jersey, that requires this ownership record be updated annually, Pennsylvania has no such requirement. Therefore, as long as the paperwork is completed by an attorney and held by the corporation a change of ownership in Pennsylvania may take place (and from what we are being told, usually does) without a filing with the state.

As for the believability of the transfer itself there are 9 employees of ROH, many with children, that are very dismayed by the actions of their ex boss, many who have publicly said that they would not continue if he were involved in any way. There is at least one very religious Christian performer (A.J. Styles) who we know would have nothing to do with this event if he were involved. Finally there is the professional reputation of both the attorney, Jeffrey First and the public relations firm, MGP that are at stake here and both give their oath that all has been complied with and that he is no longer associated with in any way, shape or form with either ROH or RF Video.

As for the potential monetary gain for RexPlex the projection for this event is that it will make up 2% of our March revenues, hardly a huge number. What is important here is that the greater good is served, mostly that the innocent people, that is the remaining employees, the performers and most importantly, the fans are treated fairly and that the fallout from the horrible actions of another is confined to the area it should be.

Thank you for your concern in this matter.

Sincerely,

Randy Taylor, Chairman

After reading about his legal advice on Philadelphia law, I went on to do a few hours of research myself, and found his lawyers to be completely correct. My piece is here.

Guest Jay Z. Hollywood

I found it very interesting they mentioned AJ by name. Seems kinda strange, but I think this was the confirmation everyone was waiting for, so hopefully everything goes smoothly from here.

I'm reading an old CZWFans.com thread about Mike King, the guy RF sent to jail. Rob Naylor and some other people are insisting that RF has to have some kind of agreement with the WWF about selling their tapes. I'm not gonna argue with that, but we know - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that RF HAS both falsely shilled and sold tapes that he doesn't have the rights to.

I told Mike Modest that RF was promoting that they had for sale the PWI debut show. Mike - the co-owner of PWI - told me that they never gave RF any rights to sell this tape. RF has also sold ECW Pioneer Home Video releases that - forgive me if I'm wrong - I'm about 99% sure he has no right to. Can someone check on the copyright site everyone's talking about to see if RF has the rights to sell those tapes, or did have the rights at the time? He's sold people both the Best of Cactus Jack and the Dudley Boyz Pioneer versions. He's also shilled XPW tapes in his monthly update that I'm told he was never given the rights to. The only XPW tapes he had the right to sell were pre-2001, when Rob Black and him had an agreement that went stale. (they tried to and agreed to put things behind them in mid-'02 and RF said Black could use the RF license for their Phily show, but then renegged).

So whether or not he sold WWF and WCW tapes he didn't have the right to, he has sold indy promotion's tapes that he wasn't given the right to sell.

EDIT: Also, there's a rumor going around that RF's new AOL account is "DevilLock1973." I don't think it is...I can't say for sure, but theres a post on RSPW right now from a guy using that alias and that email...I don't know why RF would be bashing RF Video and ROH like the guy in the post is doing...I don't know...just doesn't seem as if its him.

At this point, I don't think whether RF bootlegged or not is important. Hell, I think everyone knows he did. One person being guilty of a crime doesn't mean someone else can't be. Hypocrisy is not against the law. Mike King bragged in front of Rob at SHOWS that he was bootlegging his tapes...it was his own damn fault.

By the way, we have ongoing live results here: http://pub111.ezboard.com/bthehonorboards

At this point, I don't think whether RF bootlegged or not is important.  Hell, I think everyone knows he did.

I don't know if everyone does know he's bootlegged stuff, or that he bootlegs stuff to this day. He is STILL - almost a decade after it was filmed - promoting the Eddie Gilbert shoot interview that Barnett filmed and which Barnett demanded that he stops selling. STILL, 10 years after Barnett first ordered him to stop. And I felt the need to set the record straight because at least in the topic I read on CZWFans, people are still unsure of whether or not he had the rights to stuff. He may've had the rights to the WWF stuff, but not to some of the other stuff he sold.

And 1W and other sites have known for years he bootlegs. For 1W & PWInsider (both of whom I think have some type of agreements with RF Vid; I've seen RF Vid ads on 1W and PWI carries RF's shoots for their Elite section) to promote RF Video is just stupid...it's one thing to promote ROH's live events...don't ignore such a great fed because of its owner (of course they did that with XPW, etc.), but I don't see them going out of their way to say, "ROH just released a new tape of it's 1/9 event" or something like that. They do though promote RF Vid products, which I don't agree with, since those sites have known for years that he's a bootleger. My point - promote the wrestling company, not the video company. It's appalling that they've promoted RF video for years.

But Michrome, great job on the research you did. Very fascinating stuff that a lot of these sites are gonna try to hinder the publicity of because of agreements they have with RF Vid. Hopefully they get it all squared away because I wanna see ROH continue.

http://www.theddt.com/viewnews.cgi?category=1&id=1079326775

PARODY: RF's WrestleMania Predictions (a bit belated, but still funny)

BROCK VS GOLDBERG

Rob Feinstein: This is a tough match to choose from. For starters, I can't really shill anything since neither of these guys ever worked independant shows that I could illegaly bootleg and sell. Second, they never did shoot interviews with me, and I know the world was dying for me to ask the hard hitting questions like, "What is your favorite match ever?" Still though, Brock's got the tender, sexual face of a 13-year old boy. He could F-5 me anytime. On the other hand, sometimes an older man is pretty hot, so Goldberg could jack my hammer anytime. I promise Goldy, I'm ALL Kosher meat, grrrroowwwwl! My prediction? I predict you should buy an ECW Fan Cam Vid from 1996! It's got Big Dick Dudley vs. Hack Myers! Only $24.95! Mmm, he could hack MY myers.

Triple Threat

Rob Feinstein: OK, first off, Shawn? Hello, 1996 called, they want their style of clothes back. Oh my God, who would be caught dead wearing chaps nowadays anyway? I'm not saying he's a bad wrestler or anything, but somebody needs to watch Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, m'kay? And Hunter? Baby, we know you've got muscles, and you love to run with other guys and use an object on helpless men. Somebody having sexual identity crisis? I think so, call me! And Mr. Benoit, you're just a big ball of hot Canadian bacon aren't you? You can cripple my crossface anytime! But I'm not into bukkake, so don't even ask. LOL I'll pretend you said 18.

Taker vs Kane

Rob Feinstein: dang you look hot......oops, I typed this in the wrong section. Uh, Kane and The Undertaker. A classic battle of the big men. ROH had a big man battle once. 5 foot 10 inch Justin Credible faced off with the 5 foot 11 inch BEHEMOTH known as Chris Hamrick. This match will be alot like that....well, except that Kane and Taker are actually tall. And except that Chris Hamrick is a confederate and not a man who has risen from the dead. And except that Justin Credible doesn't use the worlds gayest flying clothesline. And except that Kane vs. Taker won't end with a handshake and an unscripted kiss. But other than that, same basic match. Mmmm, Undertaker. I'll be your last ride anyday!

Cena vs. Show

Rob Feinstein: Hi, I'm here to meet.....hey, what's that camera? OH MY GOD! START THE CAR IZZY! IT'S THE NEWS AGAIN! (At this point, Rob hopped into his Lexus and sped off. We think he would have picked Cena though.)

Playboy match

Rob Feinstein: Oh my god! This violates EVERY SINGLE CODE OF HONOR! This is an embarrassment to the wrestling business. I'm disgusted....no, SICKENED by this. If I wasn't busy sodomizing a deaf schoolboy as I wrote this, I'd go to Wrestlemania myself and give Sable a piece of my mind! And her hot, sexy son too! That kid is such a tease, walking around with his dragonball cards. Mmm, he could Poke' my mon.

Guess this event didn't affect Ring of Honor like some thought it would, including myself. Although it's sad to see certain performers still work with Rob Feinstein during his numerous failed attempts at starting another promotion.

Guest Euronymous

That link to the DVDR board in the original post sure has the story covered.

Why did you bump this thread?

What happened at DOI?

I didn't bump it; the other dude did.

As far as Rob goes - he's gotta make a living somehow, and wrestling is his thing and he has been successful at promoting wrestling merchandise, so I don't fault him one bit for starting his own promotion. Like him or not, he did get ROH off the ground.

Why did you bump this thread?

What happened at DOI?

I didn't bump it; the other dude did.

As far as Rob goes - he's gotta make a living somehow, and wrestling is his thing and he has been successful at promoting wrestling merchandise, so I don't fault him one bit for starting his own promotion. Like him or not, he did get ROH off the ground.

My comment was aimed more towards the talent that continues to work with him after all of this happened. Guys like the S.A.T. and Red. I know they need to make money, but atleast have some morals.