TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

CZW Results

First, I didn't mean to put the emoticon next ot the post, so don't think that was intentional. I wasn't trying to shortchange the show or anything. I must've somehow clicked it accidentally.

Berk and Barr over CKNY

DJ Hyde over Savio Vega lookalike

Sabien over Chris Cash

Rebel and Mathews over Flash and Messiah

Sonjay Dutt over Roderick Strong

B-Boy and Teddy Hart fight to a very short No Contest

Six man tag from Chikara, the Wild Cards beat Quackenbushs team

B-Boy over Petey Williams

Jack Evans and Petey Williams over IWR's Gutter and CZW's Derek Frazier

Joker over Jon Dahmer

Ruckus over Jimmy Jacobs

Attendance was 100-200. I was told by someone there that there was a great angle where Teddy Hart was kicked out of the building and then kept sneaking back in until the entire locker room came out to beat the shit out of him, but like cut a promo and then flipped off the top rope and took out a bunch of people. Said to be a really chaotic angle, but good. Zandig confronted Teddy and berated him. They pretty much falsely advertised the B-Boy-Teddy match because it only went about a minute before Zandig interfered...:angry:

Photo my boy RandomFan took of Teddy: 2004_0305Image0001.jpg

Sounded like a decent show. Not terribly surprised at the B-Boy/Hart bait and switch, don't waste a match like that at Allentown.

And that shirt that Teddy's wearing has gay written all over it. I've got no problem with homosexuality but c'mon, that's queer as fuck.

Sounded like a decent show. Not terribly surprised at the B-Boy/Hart bait and switch, don't waste a match like that at Allentown.

And that shirt that Teddy's wearing has gay written all over it. I've got no problem with homosexuality but c'mon, that's queer as fuck.

It looks like something my sister would make with her friends.

Was initially disapointed on seeing the results but looking over the responces of people who went to the show it sounded like a darn good show. No-one seemed to be complaining about the bait and switch (and if you know the CZW fans lot, someone has to complain about something) and the focus was on several suprisingly good matches and the awesome angle. Ah'll pick this one up most likely.

Reports don't sound great from casual fans...

CREDIT: DVDR

"Hey guys. I decided to go to CZW show tonight in Allentown, due to the fact that it's approx. 10 mins. from where I am living. This will be my first and last CZW show. I paid to go in order to see Dutt vs. Strong (which I thought stole the show on last weekend's JAPW show) and Teddy Hart vs. B-Boy. Dutt vs. Strong ended the show with a 3 star match, but Hart didn't even wrestle. They did a horrible "fake shoot" angle, Teddy acting as if he is too good to wrestle, confronting Zandig, and then getting thrown out of the building. Just crap. It is such garbage that they advertise that someone is going to wrestle, especially the person who is the night's big draw, and then not even have him wrestle in a bait and switch. I almost went as far as to ask for my money back. What's even more pitiful is that some at the show were actually into the angle, and thought it was a shoot. Anyway, the rest of the show was pretty bad, nothing hitting two stars. Jack Evans and Jimmy Jacobs were entertaining, but no matches worth mentioning. This is the last time I'll ever go to one of these shows. I cannot possibly comprehend how they can advertise that someone is gonna wrestle, and then do just do a horrible angle instead. And fans keep going back to these show? I should probably write Zandig, or CZW, or whoever writes and books this garbage and let them know what I think, but it would just be a waste of my time. By the way, sorry for all of you who wanted real results, but I honestly cannot remember all of the results as it all just blends together in my mind as a bunch of crap.

Ross"

ALSO: Teddy/B-Boy was apparently like three minutes long, and they had a good mat exchange. My mistake.

Sounded decent, although I would probably pick up JAPW's The Revolution show before I even went near this one. Why did they have B-Boy come back out and face Petey Williams after his "match" against Teddy Hart, was this part of the angle or did they just need something to waste time?

Every other post in that DVDR thread is positive though, including guys whos opinions I'll pay attention to (e.g Naylor)

Joker/Dahmer sounds interesting, at first I completely ignored it in the match listings but apparently it was a total stiff fest and a real good performance from both guys. Even fans who don't like the headroppy style still make it sound like a match I want to see (being a fan of the headdroppy style).

While the shows looks good enough, CZW just doesn't look like it has namepower anymore. Even their top local guys are nowhere to be seen.

Did Gutter have his manager with him?

While I kinda agree it sucks they dicked over the fans wanting and paying for Hart/B-Boy, I also agree that they shouldn't piss away a good match like that at one of their A-Town house shows.

Besides, after what Teddy is going to do tonight, this will be the absolute last thing on your mind. Trustah me. <3

Guest OSIcon

Looks like a decent spot show.

I'm already sick of the Teddy Hart "shoot" angle though. The incident in ROH happened 5 months ago and we've already seen "Teddy Hart is out of control" stuff in several different promotions. In MLW and CZW, the angle has been nearly identitical. Have Teddy go into business for himself by doing backflips leading to a wrestler(s) beating him up because he is "shooting", and keep on repeating. JAPW also worked it in the same regard selling the match as Homicide wanting to beat up Teddy for being disrespectful. Now ROH is starting it up also. It is just overkill for me. I think the premise for the angle is weak to begin with. Taking what happened behind the scenes in ANOTHER company and turning it into a big angle for your promotion does little for me. Besides, the "shock" value that Teddy is really crazy just isn't there for me especially when the angles (in MLW and CZW especially) follow the same mold that all other angles follow (which really hurts the shock value of "is this real?").

Are Jack Evans and Petey Williams in fulltime with Hart now or were they just on the show because they were traveling with Teddy after TNA on Wednesday?

Guest Rob Naylor

Quick notes from the show....

Ted Hart was either "working" or being completely in character the ENTIRE time....It was nuts....He was very nice to fans and talked with people and was cordial...living by his credo of ..."If you like me, I like you...If you HATE me, I HATE you more..."

I honestly was in awe at how great he was. Above EVERYONE on the show...he just exuded STAR quality and woke up a at times Catatonic audience with his antics, interviews and the 4 mintues of wrestling he and B-Boy did was among the crispest I've ever seen live...and I've watched Bret Hart, Dean and Eddy at ECW and Flair live back in the eighties....It was awesome. Killer angle live that had people totally FREAKING out in the quiet town and really getting into everything.

Evans and Williams were even working people.....supposedly....The whole thing was surreal and is something missing in wrestling these days. GENUINE reactions.

As for the in-ring work...

Roderick Strong and Sonjay Dutt was incredible. Both just put on an amazing match.

I also really enjoyed Williams vs. B-Boy and thought the 4 way with Evans, Frazier, Williams and ? was incredible.....

Evans busted out a new move...a version of KENTA's ....BUSAIKU KNEE! but added a cool 360 in mid-air doing it! Frazier leaned RIGHT into it...it was sick looking. Evans also did a rope ascending somersault plancha, there was a spot where I believe Williams was in a fujiwara armbar on the mat from Frazier and Evans hit a 360 SSP from the mat with a bigtime impact that totally popped the crowd. Move of the night was Evans hitting a 630 splash off the top as well. One of the most fun match THAT really shouldn't have been good with guys who all have never worked one another....really a shockingly good match. Evans took sick bumps and sold like crazy until he'd pick his spots and do the great moves...Really good match.

Oh and to the guy talking about Hart being GAY....he is a father so that isn't accurate. If your going to knock someone, laughing at clothes and making false assumptions isn't the BEST idea.