TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

Men's basketball Conference Tournament thread

Guest What_ever

The Big 10 is getting absolutely pissed on this year...

Illinois as a 5... and Wisconsin as a 6.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Connecticut AND Maryland in Stanford's region. Shoot me now. Their recent history versus both teams is not pretty to say the least.

Oh and Billy Packer is an asshole.

With the exception of Pittsburgh I think that Oklahoma State has got an easy bracket.

Actually all of the Big XII teams have an easy first round. But they only got 4 teams in????

I just filled out my brackets and I think I've got to do a bit of rethinking..

My Final Four has

Kentucky vs Wake Forest

Duke vs Maryland

Theres no way 3 ACC teams make the final four..and I had Georgia Tech Making the Elite 8 vs Kentucky, but I seriously doubted they can pull that upset and if the Final 4 was all ACC it would be seriously screwed up.

With Maryland, Im convinced that they could beat Stanford, and they just did beat NC State twice in 10 days. But Im probably wrong in thinking NC State can beat UConn and I doubt Maryland could beat UConn..

Can't believe Utah State didn't get in. I'm glad UTEP made it...but I question whether they were more worthy than the Aggies.

My sleeper team: Air Force. They got into the DENVER subregional. Two home games for them as an 11 seed.

What's so great about Kentucky? They don't have any depth, and their scoring comes from like 6 players. Only Digger Phelps didn't have them making the Final Four. I question if they make past the Sweet 16.

I agree, I can't believe Utah State did not get in. Wisconsin at 6 is a joke, and their game against Richmond is going to be "bowling shoe ugly" as JR would say.

I am impressed with UK's full-court press, and that even though they have no real superstar, they are playing this well.

Pittsburgh got screwed. A 3 seed for them? How the hell does that happen? They should have been a 2, and Gonzaga a 3.

On my first look at the brackets, I think Texas Tech has a shot to upset St. Joe's in the second round, if they get past Charlotte. Andre Emmett could have a very big game against them, and I think it'd be possible.

Digger Phelps' picking Texas to win it all makes no sense. I'm a big UT fan, but no way does that happen. Oklahoma St. showed how vulnerable they are yesterday; their guard play isn't going to be good enough to go very deep in the tourney. T.J. Ford is going to be missed.

Guest Jimbo
Phil Martelli is my hero for calling Billy Packer a "jackass." :lol:

Heh yeah, that was great. I turned on the tv and all of a sudden I saw Martelli ranting about the people at CBS. Fookin' hillarious. :D

I have only 4 gripes:

1. Maryland at a #4-- kudos to them for beating Duke, but a 4 seed? Doesn't anyone remember 2 weeks back when people were saying htey might not make it, and now, because htey get on a hot streak, they at a #4? Just doesn't seem logical if the committee was supposed to judge based on the full season's effort, not just recent work.

2. Pitt-- I hate them, but damn, they were screwed over. Ok. St. and St. Joe'? 3 seed when if they won the Big East tourney they very well could have ben a #1? Playing Wisconsin in...Wisconsin? What the hell?

3. Phoenix, East Rutherofrd, etc.--- CALL IT EAST, WEST, SOUTH, AND MIDWEST, JERKS!

...those names really make NO sense. So that's where the regionals are, big fucking deal.

4. This tournement is too hard to pick brackets for :(

3. Phoenix, East Rutherofrd, etc.--- CALL IT EAST, WEST, SOUTH, AND MIDWEST, JERKS!

...those names really make NO sense. So that's where the regionals are, big fucking deal.

You complain about this now...just wait until they start selling sponsorship rights to it and it suddenly becomes the "Cingular Wireless East Rutherford Regional." That will really be obscene.

Oh, and I hate this new thing too; "East Rutherford" regional just doesn't sound right.

Guest Jimbo

Oh god, don't even mention that....*shudders*

I petition that for TSM sports forum purposes, the regionals are called by their true names, EAST, WEST, MIDWEST, and SOUTH.

Yay or nay, fellow March Madness Maniacs....

Stands solidly behind Jimbo.

The 4 regionals are in the South, East, Midwest, and West. It's not two in the South, and 2 in the East.

Speaking of which how long until they forget about placing a region in every part of the country?

First round upsets (double-digits winning):

SOUTH: East Tennessee St. over Cincinnati, Air Force over North Carolina

WEST: Western Michigan over Vanderbilt, Louisiana-Lafayette over NC State

EAST: Manhattan over Florida

MIDWEST: Nevada over Michigan St.

Low seeds in Sweet 16:

SOUTH: Xavier (over Mississippi St.)

WEST: Western Michigan (over Louisiana-Lafayette)

EAST: Manhattan (over Wake Forest), Charlotte (over St. Joseph's)

MIDWEST: none

Elite Eight:

SOUTH: Duke over Xavier

WEST: Stanford over Connecticut

EAST: Gonzaga over Kentucky

MIDWEST: Pittsburgh over Charlotte

Championship: Stanford over Pittsburgh