TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eclipse

Stereo Sound on my TV....

I have this APEX TV. On the back of the TV, there are 2 sets of white and yellow plugs. Also, it has side connections as well. It has a white and yellow plug there as well.

On the front of the TV, I notice that there are 2 speakers on the front of the TV. You could visibly see them, one on the left, and one on the right.

Of course, the red plug has no connection there. Does the red connector plug enable the stereo sound in the TV?

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

I'm guessing that if there is no red (right audio channel) RCA In jack, then you likely don't have a stereo tv.

The speaker cutout may not have a speaker behind up, the only way to know for sure is put your ear next to it while audio is playing, or open up the tv (bad idea, tvs can leak radiation if you aren't careful.) If you hear nothing, either no speaker is there or the balance is to the other speaker. (Look in the audio menu.)

What model # is the tv? I could be less useless if I knew.

Guest Krazy Karter

I had a TV with two speakers and sound wasn't coming out of the right one, so I called RCA.

Turned out the TV is mono and the right one is a dummy-speaker.

Guest Razor Roman

Good rule of thumb when dealing with A/V cables

Yellow = Video

Red, White = Audio :-)

I don't know if this is helpful to the original poster, but if you have a decent stereo or surround sound system, you could run all your audio through the receiver and have stereo (or surround) for your TV shows. Sounds like you have a mono TV, though. Sometimes a stereo VCR can be used to route your TV sound to a stereo, though.