TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coffey

What to do when bored:

Guest Coffey

So, this is what happened. I was bored, so I decided to play some Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain. After a few matches, a little while messing around in season mode, and tweaking some CAWs, I decided that I didn't really want to play anymore. The problem was, if I shut the PS2 off...I knew that I wouldn't have anything to do.

Thus, the 16-Man Computer Vs. Computer Tournament began.

I tried to select wrestlers whom wouldn't just dominate one another. So, I tried to pick wrestlers who were similar to stats over all. The wrestlers all fell in between 65 - 86 in OVR.

The wrestlers included were the following:

Eddie Guerrero

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Randy Orton

Lance Storm

Booker T.

Rob Van Dam

John Cena

Edge

Christian

Tajiri

The Hurricane

Matt Hardy

& my Christopher Daniels CAW.

After figuring out what wrestlers I wanted in the tournament, I ranked them all out on paper. I used the ranking to determine the match-ups, NCAA College Basketball style.

That being said, here are the results of the entire fantasy time-wasting Smackdown tournament:

ROUND 1

1.) Eddie Guerrero

16.) "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

4.) Edge

13.) Yoshihiro Tajiri

5.) Rob Van Dam

12.) Christian

8.) Rey Mysterio Jr.

9.) John Cena

7.) Booker T.

10.) Matt Hardy

6.) Randy Orton

11.) Chavo Guerrero Jr.

3.) Chris Jericho

14.) Lance Storm

2.) Chris Benoit

15.) The Hurricane

RESULTS:

John Cena over Rey Mysterio Jr. by pinfall after Cena connected with a Fisherman Neckbreaker.

Booker T. over Matt Hardy by pinfall after Booker T. connected with a Bookend.

Rob Van Dam over Christian by pinfall after Rob Van Dam connected with a top rope flying kick.

Randy Orton over Chavo Guerrero Jr. by pinfall after Randy Orton connected with the Overdrive.

Edge over Yoshihiro Tajiri by pinfall after Edge connected with the Edge-O-Cution.

Chris Jericho over Lance Storm by pinfall after Chris Jericho connected with the Lionsault.

Chris Benoit over The Hurricane by pinfall after Chris Benoit connected with a top rope Swan Dive Headbutt.

Eddie Guerrero over "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels by pinfall after Eddie Guerrero connected with a turnbuckle Tornado DDT.

ROUND 2:

1.) Eddie Guerrero

9.) John Cena

2.) Chris Benoit

7.) Booker T.

3.) Chris Jericho

6.) Randy Orton

4.) Edge

5.) Rob Van Dam

RESULTS:

Rob Van Dam over Edge by pinfall after Rob Van Dam connected with a top rope flying kick.

Booker T. over Chris Benoit by pinfall after Booker T. connected with the Scissors Kick.

Eddie Guerrero over John Cena by submission after John Cena tapped out to the Lasso From El Paso.

Chris Jericho over Randy Orton by submission when Randy Orton tapped out to the Walls of Jericho.

ROUND 3:

1.) Eddie Guerrero

3.) Chris Jericho

5.) Rob Van Dam

7.) Booker T.

RESULTS:

Chris Jericho over Eddie Guerrero by submission when Eddie Guerrero tapped out to the Walls of Jericho.

Booker T. over Rob Van Dam by pinfall after Booker T. connected with a DDT onto a steel chair.

ROUND 4; FINALS:

3.) Chris Jericho

7.) Booker T.

RESULTS:

Chris Jericho over Booker T. by submission after Booker T. tapped out to the Walls of Jericho.

So, when all was said and done, Chris Jericho won the tournament.

It was interesting to watch the matches play out. As a wrestling fan, watching what happened, I couldn't help but think of the matches in storyline mode. During Booker T's first match, he was all but defeated. He got hit with a Side Effect and two Twist of Fates...then Goldust did a run-in to help Booker win the match. Booker's next match, he got help from Goldust again. In Booker's third match, he used a chair repeatedly to put RVD down. It was like Booker turn heel and do anything to win. In the finals, I turned off interferance and turned DQ & Rope Break back on. The babyface Jericho prevailed by submission.

It was fun and helped to pass the time. I was thinking about doing another one. I'm either going to do tag-teams (but I fear I won't be able to get enough teams), Legends or Main Eventers. We'll see.

Anyway, have any of you ever done anything like this to pass the time? It was almost like EWR the video game that way I wrote everything out and everything.

Guest Coffey

Nah, most of the matches didn't last too long because it was on Smackdown difficulty.

I'd say it took around three and a half. I was doing stuff on the computer and shit in-between rounds.

Guest Coffey

Yeah, what I've been doing recently is going through season mode over and over again with the same CAW just building up his stats. When he gets to all 10's, I'll just clone him to make all of my new CAW's. That way, they are all even in stats, and I don't have to worry about them losing to people like Hulk Hogan or The Rock.

I've also noticed that the little things in the create-a-wrestler matter a lot. Like Weapon use being set to often, or Attacking the Ref being set to done if it has to be. If you give your wrestler, like, diving attacks or high flying profile, they do stupid shit like jump off the top of the Chamber all day long.

That makes it unbelievable.

I recently made a Ricky Steamboat CAW and he's been going back and forth with the in-game Ric Flair. It think it's tied up at three wins a piece right now. Their stats are pretty close because the CAW that was cloned to make Steamboat was around Flair's stats at the time of cloning.

It's great at passing time, that's for sure. Hell, one of my friends even frequents my place when the shit is going down. He likes to watch Royal Rumble sims and bet on whom he thinks will win it. He legit gets upset to see who the first two entrants are. "Damnit, he doesn't have a chance now!" That's an actual quote. I like simming Elimination Chambers with nothing but legends. Of course, I usually leave out The Undertaker because his stats are so high. Flair doesn't usually do too well either because you can't get easy submission victories on Smackdown difficulty. Usually the wrestlers that have an impact finisher as opposed to only submission finishers comes out on top. Sgt. Slaughter, for example, has yet to win a Chamber, whereas Piper has won two or three thanks to his Punch special.

I have done something along those lines.

Just a half an hour ago I finished an 8 Man Tourney in a Two Fatal Four-Way Elimination Match format.

FFEM Match One:

Eddie Guerrero v. John Cena v. Matt Hardy v. Kurt Angle

Elimination 1: John Cena via Twist of Fate from Matt Hardy

Elimination 2: Kurt Angle via Frog Splash Eddie Guerrero

Elimination 3: Matt Hardy via stolen Twist of Fate from Eddie Guerrero

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

FFEM Match Two:

Randy Orton v. Shawn Micheals v. Test v. Batista

Elimination 1: Test via Sit Out Powerbomb from Batista

Elimination 2: Shawn Micheals via SO Powerbomb from Batista

Elimination 3: Batista via FOUR RKO's from Randy Orton

Winner: Randy Orton

Final Match

Eddie Guerrero v. Randy Orton

Winner: Randy Orton via RKO

Albeit the ending was disappointing, it was a really fun thing to watch. The Hardy/Guerrero stuff at the end was awesome. Next, I'm having a CW Tourney

FFEM 1:

Spanky (CAW) v. Paul London (CAW) v. Chavo Guerrero v. Rey Misterio

FFEM 2:

Steve Corino (CAW) v. CM Punk (CAW) v. American Dragon (CAW) v. Nunzio (CAW)

Guest Coffey

I wanted to make an American Dragon CAW, but the Cattle Mutilation isn't in the game. Without that move, it's just not the same.

Hehe, I haven't ever been bored enough to do that while having HCTP, but back when I was in high school and had way more free time I would do similar things with Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy.

And before EWR, I used to have my own fantasy booking with WM2000. It was pretty sad, I would just write down cards and play out all the matches. Eventually I would get bored and skip matches, which kind of killed the fun in the end.

Check out my Once a Day Match Review thread tomorrow for more HCTP wrasslin'.

Either Benoit faces Guerrero in an iron man match,

or Big Show faces Smaffles, the Pimpin' Bear!

Guest Real F'n Show

I do similar things, having my own storylines and such as well. Then I set up feuds to go into different PPVs. Just recently Goldberg beat Triple H in a "Loser Uses Ballet Music For A Month" match at Unforgiven.

Yeah I'm a loser, but at least I'm not the only one ;)

I do this all the time with HCTP.

Being the uber-geek that I am, I filled up all 32 CAW slots with my friends (and one with me), all with 100 OVR. Then, I book two RAWs and two SmackDowns, then follow up with the monthly PPV, complete with Sunday Night HeAT match! This is crucial, as I videotape the entire PPV and Heat match. RAW and SmackDown are each four matches long, and each PPV is eight matches long (one Heat match, seven PPV matches).

I decided early on to use only CAWs, since using real wrestlers would be pointless (each one of my 100 ovr CAWS can kill Goldberg in about 4 minutes), so CAWs only. When they win a title match, I put them into season mode and win them that title so it is represented when they come out.

This may sound stupid, but in actuality, it's a hell of a lot of fun to watch each match unfold, and all my friends are always genuinely interested in how their wrestler does at any given event. I actually had one friend mad at me for a week because he didn't get booked on the PPV! It's exciting whenever MY CAW comes out, because of course you always want yourself to win. I was the first WWE Champion (my guy actually did earn it, I didn't just give it to him, lol) and I remember feeling really sad when he lost it in a triple-threat match where the other guy got pinned. It's kinda sad, really, when a video game can create more emotion in a person than the actual WWE. :lol: