TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Bret Hart and WrestleMania

So it's been reported that Bret will not be at WrestleMania. Does anyone else think that this might be a work in order to cover up a HUGE surprise that the WWE has in mind for the show? It's obvious Bret wants to have his thank you speech to the fans, and he did specifically say he'd love to do it in Madison Square Garden. He also mentions the show in his columns and dosent specifically mention anything about not showing up, or turning down Vince's offer.

If he's going to do it, now is the perfect time, then maybe he can make apperances (no angles) at the shows in Edmonton and Calgary next month

Of course this may just all be wishful thinking. If Bret dosent show up, then the show will still be great. But if he does, it'll make the show all the more historic.

Normally C-Bacon, I would say that you are just wishfully thinking.

However, with Brock Lesnar quiting the WWE, I'd say I wouldn't throw it out as wishful thinking just yet. Not till WMXX is over at least.

Guest Choken One

With Brock gone...Vince just might jump the boat and give Bret whatever it is he wants.

Guest JMA
Bret can't really replace Brock, since Bret's a one time deal whereas Brock was a long term player

He could always be a booker. But that's extremely unlikely.

Guest thebigjig
Bret can't really replace Brock, since Bret's a one time deal whereas Brock was a long term player

it would be nice, but he would be gone after a few weeks... I just cant picture Bret conforming to Nipple H's demands or the general tone of most modern WWE broadcasts

it would be nice, but he would be gone after a few weeks... I just cant picture Bret conforming to Nipple H's demands or the general tone of most modern WWE broadcasts

Actually it just may work being that WWE are trying to move towards a more old school slower paced ring style. HHH is supposedly the biggest supporter of that switch and he's a mark for believing in bringing back many old school aspects of the business. Bret would fit in nicely in any type of office, backstage, creative or agent role. It's not as if the product we are seeing today is the same as the Russo stuff that Bret was opposed to and so outspoken against (yet, he worked with russo again in WCW).

Personally, I really want to see Bret give his farewell at Mania prior or after what I hope will be a Benoit title win. It will make the even that more memorable. However, it would also be less nerve racking for Bret to give the speech in Canada where he knows the audience will react with respect.

pnr1.gif

Listen to the Pittsburgh music scene on Live 365

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I, myself, had a vision of WrestleMania XX offering us more than just what we think that we're going to see.

And Bret would totally agree that HHH should get to pedigree the Crippler in the middle of the ring in Canada.

The ego of HHH is too vast and powerful for anyone. He may be able to help SMACKDOWN, but no way would he be happy as a booker of RAW.

Personally, I really want to see Bret give his farewell at Mania prior or after what I hope will be a Benoit title win. It will make the even that more memorable. However, it would also be less nerve racking for Bret to give the speech in Canada where he knows the audience will react with respect.

It's MSG. I don't know if you could find a more respecting crowd.

Yes, Bret is the Canadian boy but even he referred to the Garden as holy ground.

Guest JumpinJackFlash
I, myself, had a vision of WrestleMania XX offering us more than just what we think that we're going to see.

Hulk Hogan, brother?

Jimmy Snuka?

Paul Bearer?

Pete Rose?

Um, if you had Bret Hart coming to your PPV, why the fuck wouldn't you promote the living shit out of it?

He won't be there.

UYI

Maybe they're going with the same route with Piper last year at WrestleMania, hoping it works out better?

You know Bret being a booker might be a good thing but then again HHH and HBK wouldn't get their ways and most likely go home...............MAKE BRET HART A BOOKER QUICK!!!!

QUOTE (Use Your Illusion @ Mar 10 2004, 08:13 PM)

You think Bret would be okay with being brought in purely for shock value? 

How should I know? I don't know how the guy thinks.

I could see him not wanting Vince McMahon to sell a PPV on an appearance and speech by Bret Hart where he talks about being forced into retirement with a concussion, his stroke, being partially paralyzed, not being able to work out, being depressed, his brother Owen dying in a freak accident on a WWF pay per view, his father passing away, Davey Boy passing away and last but not least Montreal. All this and THE FIRST EVER PLAYBOY EVENING GOWN MATCH for $50!!!!!

So, yeah, I think he could possibly want people to think he wasn't going to be there and would be okay with shock value.

pnr1.gif

Listen to the Pittsburgh music scene on Live 365...

Guest KJ Brackish

Bring Bret back full time and re-use the Commissioner position that went vacant sometime. I would fucking MARK like a little bitch.

DFA

Guest Brian

I wouldn't. All Bret needs is a goodbye, some real closure. He doesn't need to stick around. He's made his mark, let him get one real farwell, and send him off. He deserves it, a real retirement.

Guest Goodear

Fuck Bret Hart.

Fuck Ric Flair.

Fuck Hulk Hogan.

Fuck Steve Austin.

Fuck Mick Foley.

Fuck every stinking old guy that wants to come out and be a major part of the show when they can't or won't freaking work anymore. The scene is full of these dinosaurs now and all its done is further retard the growth of the post-Jericho generation of workers. Bret Hart doesn't deserve to be out there and have a twenty minute speech when it could be spent instead getting someone else the hell over for a change. I'm tired of this circus of revolving broken down wrestlers still acting like they're king shit.

I love to see how Bret would do as a booker. In fact wasn't that part of the massive deal he signed with the WWF when he came back in 1996. That he would be employed as a wrestler for a few more years before becoming a booker or an agent or something?

Fuck Bret Hart.

Fuck Ric Flair.

Fuck Hulk Hogan.

Fuck Steve Austin.

Fuck Mick Foley.

Fuck every stinking old guy that wants to come out and be a major part of the show when they can't or won't freaking work anymore. The scene is full of these dinosaurs now and all its done is further retard the growth of the post-Jericho generation of workers. Bret Hart doesn't deserve to be out there and have a twenty minute speech when it could be spent instead getting someone else the hell over for a change. I'm tired of this circus of revolving broken down wrestlers still acting like they're king shit.

Ah, so thats WHY Bret isn't going to show. Vince refused when he demanded that he simultaneously go over Kurt and Eddie in the title match. That selfish bastard. :rolleyes: