TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

WWE: Day of Reckoning for the Gamecube

All I really want is a big roster. I can deal with the broken mechanics that yukes games always have if they'd just give me a huge roster. I mean real wrestlers too, not women, managers and legends.

Guest Vitamin X
Meh. I have no faith in anything that Yukes produces for Gamecube. It's like they tossed a coin and decided that the Cube was going to get all the shittiest games or something.

Obviously you're not taking RAW 1 & 2 into consideration here. Or you have not heard of such atrocities.

Meh. I have no faith in anything that Yukes produces for Gamecube. It's like they tossed a coin and decided that the Cube was going to get all the shittiest games or something.

Obviously you're not taking RAW 1 & 2 into consideration here. Or you have not heard of such atrocities.

WMXIX had the best gameplaylast year and Smackdown had the storyline going for it and a bigger roster....guess which one I liked better.

I've never played either of them. ;)

WMXIX had the best gameplaylast year and Smackdown had the storyline going for it and a bigger roster....guess which one I liked better.

Personally, I found HCTP's revamped gameplay engine a LOT better than the WMXIX one. But, again, it's a matter of opinion.

You're forgetting those of us who have Action Replay/Gamesharks

I've heard of the attribute codes, but the ones for v2 I found didn't work.

So why should I spend 50 bucks on a new game enhancer just because Yukes sucks? I'll stick with my AKI and Fire Pro games, thank you. Plus, aside from the CAWs, I'd still have to revise all the characters in the game and even then they wouldn't be quite right. That's all thanks to Yukes' botched-up new attributes system, where Albert can do a better Hurracanrana than Rey because his "Strength" attribute is higher.

And any game that sells itself with Torrie in its ads and the promise of Bra and Panties matches incurs my wrath. What's next, WWE Divas Sexxy Beach Volleyball, with unlockable EXCLUSIVE Playboy pics?

Guest Vitamin X

I think we can all agree that Def Jam Vendetta was sadly probably the best wrestling game out last year

Guest Askewniverse

Personally, I found HCTP's revamped gameplay engine a LOT better than the WMXIX one. But, again, it's a matter of opinion.

I agree. I prefer the gameplay in HCTP over WM XIX.

HCTP had a far more extensive movelist than WM XIX, which is an important thing for me. It may seem trivial, but I like being able to choose from several different versions of certain moves. There's also little things like removing the turnbuckle, fighting backstage, and pulling the tights.

Shadow Sovereign: I was talking about HCTP on PS2, which I hate.

And yes, there's actually a version 4 Gameshark out on PS2, but as far as I know there's only one Gameshark for Gamecube.

One of my favorite parts of WM XIX was the Revenge Camera, unlocked after beating Revenge mode twice, I believe. It gave alot of awesome camera angles in Hell in a Cell and Ladder matches. I hope it's in Day of Reckoning.

Overall, for last year, I thought HCTP was the best wrestling game. WM XIX would have had a good shot if it actually had a season.

Am I the only person on planet earth that LIKED RAW 2? I'll admit it, RAW 1 sucks ass, but I thought #2 was really good, once you spend ten minutes to learn the controls. My two friends and I spent over eight hours on a sleepover playing season mode continously. It was good fun.

Guest Vitamin X

To be honest, just about every other wrestling game out there has been better than RAW 2. I didn't even mind SD:HCTP that much except for the thing that always pissed me off about the smackdown! series..It's just like too fast, not fluid/realistic enough. It's too arcade-y. If only they found a way to blend that season mode and CAW mode with WMXIX/No Mercy's gameplay and juice it up on Xbox, that'd be the awesomest game. They did mix SD! and No Mercy for Def Jam Vendetta, but as Marvin pointed out, no CAW. What gives?

Though I love burning my own theme music onto the hard drive..Nothing like creating a wrestler and having him come out to 'Sad But True' or 'Sober'...

One of my favorite parts of WM XIX was the Revenge Camera, unlocked after beating Revenge mode twice, I believe. It gave alot of awesome camera angles in Hell in a Cell and Ladder matches. I hope it's in Day of Reckoning.

Overall, for last year, I thought HCTP was the best wrestling game. WM XIX would have had a good shot if it actually had a season.

I beat Revenge mode a couple times and I dont remember getting a Revenge camera.

I beat Revenge mode a couple times and I dont remember getting a Revenge camera.

You can turn it on/off on the pause screen during most matches.