TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

"Fock" Austin

If you even think that RVD is anywhere close to being in Brock Lesnar's league, or being any sort of threat to him not only in WWE's eyes by in the eyes of the fans, then you are simply kidding yourself.

If you even think that RVD is anywhere close to being in Brock Lesnar's league, or being any sort of threat to him not only in WWE's eyes by in the eyes of the fans, then you are simply kidding yourself.

The fans still cheer him and RVD is at a stage were it wouldn't take alot to make him a ME treat in the fans eyes.

The fans still cheer him and RVD is at a stage were it wouldn't take alot to make him a ME treat in the fans eyes.

I disagree.

I mean, I couldn't even take him seriously taking on Brock Lesnar right now, and I'm a RVD fan.

If I had my way, I'd just make RVD, or another actual ECW star, the top guy when (and even if) it starts up.

People use to say the samething about Eddie, but look at him now. But wait, since it seems that RVD is not one of your beloved favorite wrestlers you are still going to say that he is not in Baby Brocky's league and all he does is the flippitty flop flip whatever.

I disagree.

I mean, I couldn't even take him seriously taking on Brock Lesnar right now, and I'm a RVD fan.

Me to. I didn't say right now but, with the way RVD is it wouldn't take much to build him up as a ME star.

People use to say the samething about Eddie, but look at him now. But wait, since it seems that RVD is not one of your beloved favorite wrestlers you are still going to say that he is not in Baby Brocky's league and all he does is the flippitty flop flip whatever.

Please know what you are talking about, before you speak. RVD is in my top 5-10 in WWE, I've been a fan of his for years.

I do not mean that RVD couldn't be built up to eventually face Brock. Hell, in my eyes RVD could be a world champion if they treated him as they should.

But since they say ECW will start right after WrestleMania, and seeing how RVD is nothing more than a tag team wrestler with Booker T right now, and seeing how he'll more than likely lose at WM, I don't see him instantly going from tag team guy who loses to the guy who can defeat Brock Lesnar.

As for Eddie, I never thought for a second that he wouldn't be taken seriously and would never be a threat. Eddie had a buildup, for months from Chavo feud which he ended up destroying Chavo, to winning a huge RR on SD, and being able to cut a true main event promo just helped speed up the process for him. He also had a neatly packaged backstory, etc...

When Eddie was just taking on Chyna, or whatever the hell else, no, I didn't see him as a threat either.

I disagree.

Me to. I didn't say right now but, with the way RVD is it wouldn't take much to build him up as a ME star.

Then we agree on that. Give him a few months of actual buildup, then he could be a threat, especially in an ECW named group and if they actually allow him to work as he did in ECW, then he'd have a shot.

Just, not right now and not right after WM. Maybe in mid-late Summer.

Well first i'll take back what i said about you being one of those RVD haters, second i do agree in what you are saying about RVD getting push as a star before facing a guy like Lesnar, i misunderstood on what u said, i thought you meant that RVD wasn't good enough to be main event material.

Just, not right now and not right after WM. Maybe in mid-late Summer.

In my eyes, that's the problem. It's going to take forever to build up anybody, not just RVD. Especially guys on Raw like Jericho, RVD, Booker T (don't like him, but I could see him getting pushed), ect. Everyone one of the upper mid-carders aren't built up at all. With some of the old guard (and part of the new guard in Brock Lesmer) leaving, there seems to be an empty hole in the main events.

Maybe instead of making Austin look so good when he's only going to be a fucking referee at WM, why don't we use that time to build the new stars that are desperately going to be needed?

Maybe instead of making Austin look so good when he's only going to be a fucking referee at WM, why don't we use that time to build the new stars that are desperately going to be needed?

Perhaps because everyone apart from Austin and Taker are subservient to the will of Triple H? I know it's been said time and time again that no-one on the net has REAL PROOF that Mr Levesque actually has influence on the booking, or whether he just modifies his own publically-stated opinions to match those of Vince or whoever, but still. RVD has been buried when he approached HHH's level. Booker also, and even more finally since he's a) older and b) never went over in a feud with racist undertones that all logic should dictate he should win. The only reason Jericho is even still in the "nearly-theres" is that the man is the heat equivalent of a cockroach - no matter WHAT you do to him, he will ALWAYS get a reaction.

Regardless of what the truth of the matter is it does seem that HHH's ego is now really damaging the company. With the people who got over before/at the same time as him such as Rock and Foley only making occasional appearances, HBK being his bosom pal and Taker over on Smackdown, not to mention doing some burying of his own, Trips' apparent refusal to look weak when booked against anyone else is really coming back to bite them in the arse. The only possible benefit from this is that it might persuade Vince to push the panic button and have Benoit win at Mania just to create a new top-level player.

But to answer your question - Austin will get pushed because he's big enough to be outside of HHH's shadow. Everyone else might never escape.

Then we agree on that. Give him a few months of actual buildup, then he could be a threat, especially in an ECW named group and if they actually allow him to work as he did in ECW, then he'd have a shot.

That would hurt RVD more. I mean he's a very popular so why would they move him down to brand that will be seen on late Saturday nights and barely be seen on PPV.