TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

50 Cent Slams Gay Men In Playboy Interview

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1485657/2...?headlines=true

In a wide-ranging interview with Playboy magazine, 50 Cent has let his feelings on homosexuality be known, in language sure to draw the ire of gay-rights supporters.

"I ain't into f----ts," 50 says in an interview in the April issue of Playboy, which hits stands Friday. "I don't like gay people around me, because I'm not comfortable with what their thoughts are. I'm not prejudiced. I just don't go with gay people and kick it — we don't have that much in common. I'd rather hang out with a straight dude. But women who like women, that's cool."

50's statements follow in the footsteps of remarks made by two other stars in his rap family, Eminem and Dr. Dre, who have each run afoul of gay-rights and civil-liberties groups with past anti-homosexual comments.

50 Cent's comments came while admitting that his mother was bisexual. Later, he unapologetically explains his words, saying, "It's OK to write that I'm prejudiced. This is as honest as I could possibly be with you. When people become celebrities they change the way they speak. But my conversation with you is exactly the way I would have a conversation on the street. We refer to gay people as f----ts, as h--os. It could be disrespectful, but that's the facts."

Elsewhere in the interview, 50 recalls the first time he ever shot someone, discusses his own experiences with getting shot and says he wants to build a community center for children.

A spokesperson for 50 Cent had no comment on the story.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday night, talk show host Bill O' Reilly followed up his critique of Ludacris by blasting 50 Cent and the companies, like Reebok, that do business with the rapper. On his show, "The O'Reilly Factor," the talking head said 50 was a "horrible influence on children" and that Reebok is "embracing a guy who's hurting children." Last year, Reebok signed an endorsement deal with 50 Cent to develop a line of casual sneakers (see "50 Cent Can Now Throw Out His S. Carters").

—Joseph Patel

Next thing you know he's gonan tell you about how he's got no remorse for shooting people or dealing crack....

Man that $.50 guy was gonna be such a role-model before this incident. Was he suffering some sorta tounge-malfunction?

You have to wonder if enough people in the homosexual community even listen to 50 to have a boycott or whatever they do be effective.

Since the story is in the press I'm sure they'll hear about it and make an issue out of it. Just like PETA, G.L.A.A.D. will do anything for attention. They will be marching outside a 50 Cent concert in no time soon with a camera crew which the footage will just so happen to end up on CNN and all the other big news stations.

Fuckin' drama queens.

Guest Deviant

Good to see that $.50 has a firm understanding of what "prejudice" means.

And something tells me that he wouldn't appreciate racism, even when there's no real difference between two kinds of hate.

Guest Anglesault
There's no reason to censor homo. It's an abreviation of a clinical term.

I thought he was calling them "ho's" for a minute.

Anyway, leave the poor man alone. God forbid someone actually speaks their mind rather than spout out the PC approved response.

Guest Anglesault

Well, because if they didn't take a liberal stand, they'd probably be against their own music.

Can't believe Anglesault & I are actually defending 50 Cent.

Even if 50 Cent didn't use the terms "Faggot and homo" people would still have an issue with it. God forbid a straight man actually admits he doesn't like being around gay men.

Guest Anglesault

I can't stand his "music", but I respect the man's willingness to speak his mind without censoring himself.

Guest Choken One
Is 50 secretly trying to tell us that the rap industry is chock full of nancy's?

Well, There is Ja Rule afterall.

I can't stand his "music", but I respect the man's willingness to speak his mind without censoring himself.

That's exactly what I wanted to say.

Guest El Satanico

It just means 50 Cent himself is gay. He probably got shot for hitting on the wrong guy.

Even if 50 Cent didn't use the terms "Faggot and homo" people would still have an issue with it. God forbid a straight man actually admits he doesn't like being around gay men.

But, as my earlier post indicated, no one really cares that he's saying this. Homophobia's never been a secret in rap, but rock stars saying similarly hateful things are subject to much harsher scrutiny. Remember the uproar over Sebastian Bach's "AIDS kills fags dead" shirt?

Of course, you, Anglesault, et al. should go right ahead be glad he's man enough to hate fags. It's a free country.

But, as my earlier post indicated, no one really cares that he's saying this. Homophobia's never been a secret in rap, but rock stars saying similarly hateful things are subject to much harsher scrutiny. Remember the uproar over Sebastian Bach's "AIDS kills fags dead" shirt?

Of course, you, Anglesault, et al. should go right ahead be glad he's man enough to hate fags. It's a free country.

Because NOTHING was said about Eminem "homophobia" was there?

Point taken, but his popularity and mainstream media exposure is an exception to practically every rapper ever.

He's white. Therefore the media have no problem attacking him. That's really all it boils down to.

Well, 50 is from Jamacian decent and Jamacians don't care for Batty Boys. I don't care for gay men and their lifestyle neither but I would've been more diplomatic like: "I don't perfer to be around their company" but 50 kept it real, I don't have a problem with that. 50 was probably dissing Ja Rule again or I wonder how Dr. Dre feels about this since theres alot rumors that Dre is gay. :lol: But I think theres a Closet Gay Rapper in the biz and his name is Cam'ron.

Cam be wearing all that damn pink like he supports breast cancer awareness and encouraging guys to rock pink, and he keeps saying no homo every 5 seconds, I guess that "Confessions of Fire" album cover should've been my first clue. :D

See, this is what I am talking about.

All this "Way to go 50 cent for spewing pure hatred" bullshit. There is a big difference between being too PC and being a bigot, and while you have the right to be one, it just bullshit that anyone in this day and time should be applauded for it.

Guest El Satanico

Keeping it real only leads to trouble

Just say no to keeping it real

Friends don't let friends keep it real