TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

50 Cent Slams Gay Men In Playboy Interview

Keeping it real only leads to trouble

Just say no to keeping it real

Friends don't let friends keep it real

I thought all black people keep it real?

*Disclaimer for all the hypersensitive folk out there... that was a joke. Moron.

Earliest anti-gay rhyme I can recall in the rap game was back in '90(?) with Brand Nubian's first album. Funniest rhyme was Eazy's "Nobody move" (or whatever it was called) and the immortal "She pulled her panties down and the bitch had a dick"...

Calling gay people faggots isn't an opinion.

It'd be one thing to say that he didn't like being around gay people (even though I can't imagine why anyone would care in the first place), but he didn't just do that. He called them faggots.

Besides that, he DEFENDED his use of the word faggots, because that's "how they talk", or something.

How do you think he (or anyone else for that matter) would respond if some other "musician" came out and said "Man, I don't like niggers. But hey, that's just what we call them, so don't get mad or anything."

It's the exact same thing.

^^^

This man gets it. Opinions are fine, but to "respect" a man for having the "courage" to spew bigoted hate is just plain retarded.

I have no problem with them...I just don't want them using the same water fountains as me...THATS ALL.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Too bad you could've gotten this from his album....geeze....he says "faggot" on there about 244,786 times.......

Guest Adrian 3:16
How do you think he (or anyone else for that matter) would respond if some other "musician" came out and said "Man, I don't like niggers. But hey, that's just what we call them, so don't get mad or anything."

It's the exact same thing.

How is that the same thing? You're comparing sexual preference to skin color, its totally different. If was black I'd be offended as hell over that comment.

He's allowed to say what he feels; its nothing that millions of other males don't think or say every day anyway.

"I ain't into f----ts," 50 says in an interview in the April issue of Playboy, which hits stands Friday. "I don't like gay people around me, because I'm not comfortable with what their thoughts are. I'm not prejudiced. I just don't go with gay people and kick it — we don't have that much in common. I'd rather hang out with a straight dude. But women who like women, that's cool."

So what's the problem? A lot of straight guys feel the same way about this.

How is that the same thing? You're comparing sexual preference to skin color, its totally different.

big·ot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bgt)

n.

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

It is the same thing. The definition might be too old to specifically include "sexual preference" in its list, but it can be inferred from "group".

How is that the same thing?  You're comparing sexual preference to skin color, its totally different.

n.

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

It is the same thing. The definition might be too old to specifically include "sexual preference" in its list, but it can be inferred from "group".

And I ask again, what the hell does that prove? I KNOW the definition of predjudice, thanks. I didn't say 50 wasn't being predjudice either, only that he's entitled to if he wants. What I did say is that comparing blacks to gays is totally different. Yes you can hold predjudices against either group, that's not the point.

Look, I have nothing against gays, but putting aside all this PC bullshit for a minute, you have to acknowledge that homosexuality, like it or not, is a deviation from the norm. Being black, however, IS NOT. When you compare blacks to gays, that's offensive to me because you're implying that having black skin is as much a deviation from the norm as a man liking dick. Its NOT. Your implications of what's normal are of a straight, WHITE man, which is bullshit. I'm white myself and I'm still offended by that. Maybe some black posters here care to share their take on all this?

That's why I hate this politically correct garbage, because it allows people to be just as predjudiced as the people they're denouncing, only they can hide it behind their carefully constructed buzzwords. I have more respect for a guy like 50 who comes out and says what he thinks than someone hiding behind propaganda.

And as for all you guys saying he can't even be consistent about his homophobia, why does that surprise you? Are you guys gay yourselves? And I'm not meaning that as an insult, I'm asking an honest question. Guys like lesbians, because what's better than a hot woman to us? Two of them making out. The more the merrier. What is it you guys seriously don't understand about that? Even women aren't attracted to two guys making out, because there's nothing masculine about it, its a turn off for them. Has anyone ever seen that Wanda Sikes bit about walking in on your husband in the shower with another man? No wife wants to see that, but quite a few guys wouldn't mind walking in on their girl in a shower with another hottie. Its just one of the differences between the sexes. I really don't see the big mystery there, next you guys will be asking why do men have penises and women have vaginas at this rate. :rolleyes:

What the agenda is, is to make sexual orientation no less a deviation of the norm than skin color. You can argue that it is, but it won't be forever. So we try to stay ahead of the curve. There are some women who want to see their husband in the shower with a man. They're called fag hags. And I don't like lesbians, except in certain circumstances.

What the agenda is, is to make sexual orientation no less a deviation of the norm than skin color.

Why?

How is that the same thing?  You're comparing sexual preference to skin color, its totally different.

n.

And I ask again, what the hell does that prove? I KNOW the definition of predjudice, thanks. I didn't say 50 wasn't being predjudice either, only that he's entitled to if he wants. What I did say is that comparing blacks to gays is totally different. Yes you can hold predjudices against either group, that's not the point.

Look, I have nothing against gays, but putting aside all this PC bullshit for a minute, you have to acknowledge that homosexuality, like it or not, is a deviation from the norm. Being black, however, IS NOT. When you compare blacks to gays, that's offensive to me because you're implying that having black skin is as much a deviation from the norm as a man liking dick. Its NOT. Your implications of what's normal are of a straight, WHITE man, which is bullshit. I'm white myself and I'm still offended by that. Maybe some black posters here care to share their take on all this?

That's why I hate this politically correct garbage, because it allows people to be just as predjudiced as the people they're denouncing, only they can hide it behind their carefully constructed buzzwords. I have more respect for a guy like 50 who comes out and says what he thinks than someone hiding behind propaganda.

And as for all you guys saying he can't even be consistent about his homophobia, why does that surprise you? Are you guys gay yourselves? And I'm not meaning that as an insult, I'm asking an honest question. Guys like lesbians, because what's better than a hot woman to us? Two of them making out. The more the merrier. What is it you guys seriously don't understand about that? Even women aren't attracted to two guys making out, because there's nothing masculine about it, its a turn off for them. Has anyone ever seen that Wanda Sikes bit about walking in on your husband in the shower with another man? No wife wants to see that, but quite a few guys wouldn't mind walking in on their girl in a shower with another hottie. Its just one of the differences between the sexes. I really don't see the big mystery there, next you guys will be asking why do men have penises and women have vaginas at this rate. :rolleyes:

There is a huge difference between stated an opinion on who you care not to associate with and spewing hate. "I don't be fucking with faggots" isn't an opinion, and I'm not about to applaud the guy for being hateful. Hell, I know plenty of people that don't want to hang around homosexuals because it makes them uncomfortable. But they don't say "Man fuck them fucking faggots". It IS the same thing as if there were a white guy that didn't want to go to a predominantly black club because he wouldn't feel confortable. He can say that and it be fine...saying "I don't want to be fucking with some niggers"...same thing. The fact that anyone can't see the difference amazes me. Yes, 50 Cent has the right to be as hateful and ignorant as he possibly can, fine...But to RESPECT him for it...fuck that. You guys give your respect away really easily.

Wheter you believe homosexuality is a deviation from the norm or not, it isn't the point. The point is that someone is being hateful and you are saying "Hooray, he is being an asshole...take that SOCIETY~!"

Actually Ripper, yeah I'd say whether its a deviation from the norm is the point.

And you said yourself a lot of people don't like associating with gays, they just don't come out and say it. So how is that any different? They're still thinking the same thing aren't they? That counts for just as much. Or is it that you just don't like 50 coming out and saying "I don't fuck with faggots" because its "mean" and "insensitve"? I say, cry me a river. Who cares, if you feel so strongly on the issue you should be concerned about what people THINK, not whether they sugarcoat it or not.

Tell, me is it ok to be a closet racist as long as you don't tell anyone about it? Because according to you it is as long as you don't offend anyone with it. Well I call bullshit on that cousin.

And how is 50 being hateful? Its not like he ever gaybashed anyone, he's just telling it how he sees it. People are blowing this out of proportion like he killed someone. Why don't you focus some of your save the world energy on people who beat gays to death that were minding their own business and never hurt anybody, instead of on some rapper who's just coming out and saying what millions of people think anyway.

Actually Ripper, yeah I'd say whether its a deviation from the norm is the point.

And you said yourself a lot of people don't like associating with gays, they just don't come out and say it.  So how is that any different?  They're still thinking the same thing aren't they?  That counts for just as much.  Or is it that you just don't like 50 coming out and saying "I don't fuck with faggots" because its "mean" and "insensitve"?  I say, cry me a river.  Who cares, if you feel so strongly on the issue you should be concerned about what people THINK, not whether they sugarcoat it or not.

Tell, me is it ok to be a closet racist as long as you don't tell anyone about it?  Because according to you it is as long as you don't offend anyone with it.  Well I call bullshit on that cousin.

And how is 50 being hateful?  Its not like he ever gaybashed anyone, he's just telling it how he sees it.  People are blowing this out of proportion like he killed someone.  Why don't you focus some of your save the world energy on people who beat gays to death that were minding their own business and never hurt anybody, instead of on some rapper who's just coming out and saying what millions of people think anyway.

No one's really blowing it out of porportion, it's just a discussion here.

The point is, with your reasoning, we should be going around applauding KKK grandwizards and such for having the "courage" to hate. What the hell is admirable about hate?

I am not saying don't say what you want. 50 Cent can say faggot all day for all I care, just like some white guy can say nigger all day they want. My problem is the "He shoud be respected for this." comments.

I don't know, I just prefer the days when people were looked down upon for being bigots. But if bigotry earns respect in peoples eyes, to each their own.

And I would like to think that all people that don't feel confortable around others or hang out with them don't just spew racial and homophobic slurs in their head. I know if I have a problem with a white guy, I don't think "fucking cracka ass cracka" I basically just say "fuck that guy".

The point is, with your reasoning, we should be going around applauding KKK grandwizards and such for having the "courage" to hate. What the hell is admirable about hate?

*sigh*

You're comparing 50 to the KKK and you still say you're not blowing it out of proportion?

But we're going in circles now. I explained before how hatred of blacks and hatred of gays (and this isn't even hatred, more like dislike) are two totally different things, but its just not getting through to some of you.

And the KKK may be a bunch of clowns in sheets, but at least with them you know where you stand, as opposed to someone who'll be a nice to a black guy to his face and then mutter "fucking nigger" under their breath as soon as they're out of earshot.

Nobody seems to be able to answer the question about why this guy should be supported for what he said. I mean, sure, he said it, fine. But I don't understand why we have to give him a standing ovation for it.

He's thinking a little backwards though. The gay guys are leaving more women for him. The lesbians, well, they aren't.

I explained before how hatred of blacks and hatred of gays (and this isn't even hatred, more like dislike) are two totally different things,

Let us paraphrase....

I explained before how hatred of blacks and hatred of gays are two totally different things

:blink:

I explained before how hatred of blacks and hatred of gays (and this isn't even hatred, more like dislike) are two totally different things,

Let us paraphrase....

I explained before how hatred of blacks and hatred of gays are two totally different things

:blink:

Here, Jobber, I'll backtrack further and help you out a little.

Look, I have nothing against gays, but putting aside all this PC bullshit for a minute, you have to acknowledge that homosexuality, like it or not, is a deviation from the norm. Being black, however, IS NOT. When you compare blacks to gays, that's offensive to me because you're implying that having black skin is as much a deviation from the norm as a man liking dick. Its NOT. Your implications of what's normal are of a straight, WHITE man, which is bullshit.

Happy now?

The point is, with your reasoning, we should be going around applauding KKK grandwizards and such for having the "courage" to hate.  What the hell is admirable about hate? 

*sigh*

You're comparing 50 to the KKK and you still say you're not blowing it out of proportion?

But we're going in circles now. I explained before how hatred of blacks and hatred of gays (and this isn't even hatred, more like dislike) are two totally different things, but its just not getting through to some of you.

And the KKK may be a bunch of clowns in sheets, but at least with them you know where you stand, as opposed to someone who'll be a nice to a black guy to his face and then mutter "fucking nigger" under their breath as soon as they're out of earshot.

I don't respect them anymore than mutter boy.

Look Hatred of blacks is no different than hating of homosexuals because either way you are:

A: Disliking someone solely based on you preconcieved notions about them and not the person themsleves

B: (and this one is debateable) hating someone because of something they didn't choose, but is very much a part of them.

And once again to clarify, I will defend to death this assholes right to say WHATEVER he wants. Its his right. Its cool. Talk about it all day if you want. BUT why in the flipping fuck should anyone REPECT, or APPLAUD him for ignorance.

Guest El Satanico

The funny part is that 50 Cent more than likely works closely with at least one homosexual or has at least one acquaintance that's a homosexual, without him having a clue.

Guest Vitamin X

gay12.jpg

*WARNING**WARNING*TESTOSTERONE ALERT*WARNING**WARNING*

As a side note.... this is going to be in Playboy. I could care less about what the fuck 50 fucking Cent is saying if I have a Playboy in my hands, I'll tell you that.

Guest Anglesault
What the hell is admirable about hate?

What is admirable about lying through your teeth? Or pretending to be something you're not because OMG IT'S 2004!

It's like Emiem hugging Elton John and whatever awards show they played together. Everyone on God's green earth knew how Eminem felt about gays and they knew that the hug was the biggest farce on earth.

Was that admirable?