TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

50 Cent Slams Gay Men In Playboy Interview

Guest Brian

I agree with basically what everyone is saying. I come out of Universal Grammar School and not the utilitarian, and these people have all the rights to say what they want to say. And quite frankly, I'd rather know who my enemies are, than have them covered by a veil or hiding in the shadows. And he has every right to say whatever he wants.

But at the same time, that's not the issue. His opinion, that of a bigot, is not respectable. It's based purely out of hate and prejudice.

Nobody is arguing about his "right". Anyone has the right to say anything, doesn't change the fact that he's an asshole.

I agree that this is a problem with rap music especially, and Eminem is the exception rather than the rule, although I don't know why it's Eminem is mostly the one that's criticized. I don't even believe it's because he's white, I think there's some other reason, I just don't know it. I mean, does that mean that everyone went after "cop killing" Ice T back in the day because he was black? Doubtful.

Guest MrPhil28
^^^

This man gets it. Opinions are fine, but to "respect" a man for having the "courage" to spew bigoted hate is just plain retarded.

And it's okay to use mental retardation as a negative to illustrate that point? Don't get me wrong, I agree that 50 Cent is an asshole, but I don't see why it's not ok to call someone a faggot, yet most people seem to think it's allright to use the word retard or say "that's retarded". What's the difference between Saying "what a retard" and "what a nigger"?

Retarded is an actual word apart from describing the mentally handicapped. It's appropriate in this situation, and also happens to be appropriate to describe the handicapped.

Retarded is an actual word apart from describing the mentally handicapped. It's appropriate in this situation, and also happens to be appropriate to describe the handicapped.

Really? I've always been taught that Retarded was the wrong thing to describe mentally handicapped people.

I'll call my friends retarded sometimes but I WILL NOT call a mentally handicapped person retarded.

And how is 50 being hateful? Its not like he ever gaybashed anyone

You don't consider calling all gay people faggots to be gaybashing?

And yeah, isn't retarded one of those terms that, while being technically correct to use, fell out of common use due to negative connotations of the word? Like, one of those words that got swept away by political correctness and replaced with terms like "challenged" or "handicapped". That's what I had always thought.

Guest Fire and Knives

So...a rapper said 'faggot'.

Well, alright. Carry on.

K.

Guest Adrian 3:16
And how is 50 being hateful? Its not like he ever gaybashed anyone

You don't consider calling all gay people faggots to be gaybashing?

No, I consider inflicting actual physical harm on them gaybashing.

And I call what 50 did simply speaking his mind on something that a lot of people feel the same way about anyway. If you don't like it, that's great. Get over it.

But the thing is is whether or not it is an opinion shared by a lot of people it doesn't make it okay for him to speak his mind. That means that in the early 1960s it was perfectly acceptable for white men to call black men "niggers" and say they feel uncomfortable around them. Certainly it may have been at the time, but I would like to think that society has matured since then and grown not to discriminate against a minority group on a trait of their's which cannot be changed.

And in that way it is a perfectly acceptable position to take in comparing calling someone a "nigger" and calling someone a "faggot". They're both offensive derogatory terms to a minority group.

He can think such a thing if he wants to. But 50 Cent is a man idolised by teenagers worldwide (sad but true) and therefore should not present such a homophobic viewpoint and express a negative message to these people. Same goes with Eminem. They're both in a high position in society and would influence the thought of some fans, and so close-minded biggoted rubbish like what 50 Cent said there should not be a message given to the public as those who idolise these people will grow to be similarly close-minded.

And as for homosexuality being such a deviation from the norm, one in four people will have a homosexual relationship at some stage in their life, which is fairly common.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
fuck playboy...airbrushed shit

now hustler...

Good call. Gonzo titties and snatch beats out Ouzo recommendations, dumb fucking stories, and 3 pages of tan blond tit.

And I call what 50 did simply speaking his mind on something that a lot of people feel the same way about anyway.

So explain to me again why it would be wrong if someone went out on national TV, and said "Damn, I hate niggers," yet this is not.

Also, I think Spiny has a point. People whose every word will be heard and reported by someone should be really fucking careful about what they say, opinions or not.

The news was talking more about this interview the other day. I guess 50 Cent also admitted to shooting people when he was on the streets. He said something like, "The first time you shoot someone it bothers you, but after that you get use to it. No big deal."

Can't he get into trouble for admitting that or at least open an investigation into it?

The news was talking more about this interview the other day. I guess 50 Cent also admitted to shooting people when he was on the streets. He said something like, "The first time you shoot someone it bothers you, but after that you get use to it. No big deal."

Can't he get into trouble for admitting that or at least open an investigation into it?

I very much doubt it.

It's like with rock stars talking in magazines about all the drugs they do - you'd have thought they'd be one policeman or something reading it and thinking "easy bust at the next gig" or something. But nothing ever happens.

Guest El Satanico

Well comments about drug use is completely different. I doesn't matter what you say about drug use, they can only bust you if they find drugs on you.

Comments about shooting people in the past can come back to bite you, if there happens to be a case open that could be traced to you. It's unlikely anything would come from him saying it, but it's not a smart thing to say if it's true.