TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Krazy Karter

Mania XXI @ Staples Center in LA

Guest Askewniverse

WrestleMania in Pittsburgh would be pretty cool. The last WM to be held in Pennsylvania was WM XV, which sucked.

WrestleMania in Pittsburgh would be pretty cool. The last WM to be held in Pennsylvania was WM XV, which sucked.

Yeah, in Philly though. They're close to MSG anyway, I think.

Guest NitroJMS
Where in Pittsburgh?

Heinz Field: nah

The Igloo: maybe, does the roof still open? That would look cool

PNC Park: yes

Igloo is officially the "Mellon Arena" now (bah, LAME!). I think the roof still opens, and they only renamed it.

PNC Park would be cool, though.

PNC Park would be great since it has one of the most dramatic backgrounds of any stadium. Too bad its often way too cold here in March, so SummerSlam would be a much better show to host here.

pnc742.jpg

Did you guys also hear that this years judgment day(SD PPV) is also going to be at staples (it's on may 16 tix go on sale april 10, I got this from wwe.com) as for me, I live close enough to LA so I would like to go to wm 21. The 2 times i have seen wwf/wwe at staples have been fun. Last time was the unforgiven 2002 show and I had a blast. The crowd wasn't too bad that night. Except for the loud boos when they booked a no-finish to brock-taker. well anyhow, i missed the last 2 wms here so I hope I can make it for the next.I also missed wm 10 when I still lived in ny (moved to ca that summer). maybe I'll go to judgment day first.

Pittsburgh skyline

Damn.

Yeah I like PNC Park for a show. Angle could get a big hometown pop, and a hardcore match could spill into the Allgeheny River. What fun, what fun. Wrigley Field would also have a cool setting to it...they should arrange camera angles and seating in either ballpark to get an awesome background for the ring for certain shots. Staples Center sucks...only Los Angeles would have like three tiers of skyboxes.

On the Igloo thing: I thought it was called Civic Arena first and is now Mellon Arena, but people did and still do call it The Igloo simply because, well, it looks like a giant igloo. I'm bad with keeping up on arena names...I still call Allstate Arena the Rosemont Horizon.

For future reference in this thread here are the Wrestlemania hosts thus far to help us come up with other what-should've-beens.

Madison Square Garden - New York City

Rosemont Horizon - Rosemont, IL

SkyDome - Toronto

Fleetcenter - Boston

First Union Center - Philadelphia

Arrowhead Pond - Anaheim, CA

Astrodome - Houston

Caesar's Palace - Las Vegas

Sports Arena - L.A.

Civic Center - Hartford, CT

Safeco Field - Seattle

Trump Plaza - Atlantic City, NJ

I think that's all of them.

Notable absences:

New Orleans

Dallas

Twin Cities

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

Tampa-St. Pete

Miami

Atlanta

Nashville

Washington DC

Montreal

Phoenix

Nassau County (I kid, I kid)

Pittsburgh skyline

Damn.

Yeah I like PNC Park for a show. Angle could get a big hometown pop, and a hardcore match could spill into the Allgeheny River. What fun, what fun. Wrigley Field would also have a cool setting to it...they should arrange camera angles and seating in either ballpark to get an awesome background for the ring for certain shots. Staples Center sucks...only Los Angeles would have like three tiers of skyboxes.

On the Igloo thing: I thought it was called Civic Arena first and is now Mellon Arena, but people did and still do call it The Igloo simply because, well, it looks like a giant igloo. I'm bad with keeping up on arena names...I still call Allstate Arena the Rosemont Horizon.

For future reference in this thread here are the Wrestlemania hosts thus far to help us come up with other what-should've-beens.

SkyDome - Toronto

Fleetcenter - Boston

Astrodome - Houston

Sports Arena - L.A.

Safeco Field - Seattle

Notable absences:

New Orleans

Dallas

Twin Cities

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

Tampa-St. Pete

Miami

Atlanta

Nashville

Washington DC

Montreal

Phoenix

Nassau County (I kid, I kid)

Actually, the first portion of WM2 was at the Nassau Coliseum.

Guest Askewniverse

SkyDome - Toronto

Fleetcenter - Boston

Astrodome - Houston

Sports Arena - L.A.

Safeco Field - Seattle

The following arenas have also hosted WrestleMania:

Nassau Coliseum- Uniondale, NY (part of WrestleMania 2)

Pontiac Silverdome- Pontiac, MI (WrestleMania III)

RCA (Hoosier) Dome- Indianapolis, IN (WrestleMania VIII)

For the hell of it, top 5 Wrestlemania arenas/stadiums.

5. Trump Plaza, Wrestlemanias IV & V

4. Hoosier Dome, Wrestlemania VIII

3. SkyDome, Wrestlemanias VI & XVIII

2. Madison Square Garden, Wrestlemanias I, X & XX

1. Silverdome, Wrestlemania III

The worst is the Pond. I sure hope they never go back there.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
And yet Philly gets one PPV every...what...3 years or so?

TRAVESTY, I tell you. TRAVESTY!

Philly is also the worldwide Mecca for independant wrestling.

Philly is probably a rare chance of WM, because unless they did a ballpark, the only real building is owned by Comcast, which has what feels like five different teams (most/all they own) rotating through there all the time, and as a result Sundays are rarely not booked.

I donno, I REALLY dug the Astrodome, I'd put that up near the top. 'Twas huge.

I want Wrestlemania at the Rose Bowl.

The thing with 50K+ venues is that they need to have domes or roofs. Though it is highly unlikely that it will rain in Pasadena, WWE can't take that chance when the show is booked months in advance. You can bet that if the Rose Bowl had a roof, they would have done a WM there, as the place can easily sit 100,000 people.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Capacity: 18,997

Come on now.

No excuses this time - this is an admittance on WWE's behalf that business is in the shitter.

Oh, don't worry. They will make up for all the seats missing from not being a big arena by charging a assload for tickets......

I wonder if they could fill the rose bowl or coliseum now? But despite apathetic crowds wrestling is very popular in so-cal. and I would mark out if they held wm at yankee stadium but that's just personal bias lol. and of course they are quiet during most laker games, cuz most of the fans there are posers and front-runners. but thinking of it now, 2 ppvs within a year is stretching it, it's like 95 when PA had 3 wwf ppvs (king of the ring in philly, summerslam in pittsburg and in your house 5 in Hershey ,I think). but as I posted before, when I went to unforgiven 02 at staples, the live crowd was pretty into it. But I digress. Here's hoping I finally go to a Wm in my lifetime (though I'm sure I will miss part of it cuz I don't think I can wait 4 hours to use the restroom like I could 2-3 hours for other events lol)

so Mania XXIII in Detroit at Ford Field, the Joe, Comerica, Tiger Stadium, or The Pontiac Silverdome. I don't think that Tiger Stadium is clean enough anymore to be shown on tv, and Comerica would suck since it doesnt have a roof and it can get cold as fuck in Detroit in March/April. I would say do it at Ford Field or if Vince is feeling ballsy and the place is still there, I would do it at the Silverdome again. The place could still sellout if the show was marketed right and had a great card.

If the SIlverdome was still up and running, that would be a big time ballsy show, but there is one problem, there is NO MAJOR MONEY MATCH right now that can be held off until WM23. They aren't like back in the 80s where they can book a show that good with a boatlead of work able fueds. The only match close to being a money match is if they end the split with the WWE champion facing the World Champion and have to VERY over wrestlers in that spot.

Any guess what the floor seats price for WM 21 will be?

*hopes to just pay $400

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Philly is probably a rare chance of WM, because unless they did a ballpark, the only real building is owned by Comcast, which has what feels like five different teams (most/all they own) rotating through there all the time, and as a result Sundays are rarely not booked.

And because we just had one in '99.

I wonder if they could fill the rose bowl or coliseum now?

They could easily do the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, except for the unfortunate problem that the damn thing is in Los Angeles. What is the sound of 200,000 hands being sat on?

Sun Devil Stadium...sure as hell wouldn't rain there, would it? Also, the Titans Coliseum would be a nice venue--indistinct as a football field, but in a wrestling hotbed nonetheless.

I wonder if they could fill the rose bowl or coliseum now?

They could easily do the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, except for the unfortunate problem that the damn thing is in Los Angeles. What is the sound of 200,000 hands being sat on?

Sun Devil Stadium...sure as hell wouldn't rain there, would it? Also, the Titans Coliseum would be a nice venue--indistinct as a football field, but in a wrestling hotbed nonetheless.

Didnt Raw just draw 1,000 to Memphis?...

I just saw the Wrestlemania 21 logo on Smackdown and I think its odd they went with 21 instead of XXI.  Im betting they showed the logo Sunday, but this was the first time I have seen it since I didnt order it.

They are probaly going back to actual numbers minus the X...

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

When the rumour about WWE unveiling a new logo at WrestleMania XX was doing the rounds, I instictively thought of a new logo for WWE. The sheets probably would've made a bigger deal of it, however, if it was.

Even up until now, it didn't occur to me that the WrestleMania XXI (or, WrestleMania 21, as it seems to be) was it.

Where it all begins... Again (the using of English numbers - "Again"...).

Guest MikeSC

Trump Plaza? Yikes. That place DEFINED dead crowd.

-=Mike

...I thought the Pond was cool for WM 2K.

Guest Man Of 1,004 Modes

5.  Trump Plaza, Wrestlemanias IV & V

4.  Hoosier Dome, Wrestlemania VIII

3.  SkyDome, Wrestlemanias VI & XVIII

2.  Madison Square Garden, Wrestlemanias I, X & XX

1.  Silverdome, Wrestlemania III

The worst is the Pond.  I sure hope they never go back there.

Trump Plaza? Yikes. That place DEFINED dead crowd.

-=Mike

...I thought the Pond was cool for WM 2K.

Where's the Astrodome on the list? The crowd was pumped for everything.

I'm surprised they haven't been to Atlanta @ the Georiga Dome...the offical home of Wrestlemania X-7 before plans went dead...

I was almost positive that XX-1 or 21 would be @ the Georgia Dome...I guess not...